Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Pat.C

Shadow Ropel

31 posts in this topic

Update for Saturday:

Shadow is recovering BEAUTIFULLY! They had to move him to a larger space because he was figuring out how to walk around as a "tripod cat." They put him in the larger space and he immediately started walking around. He's "got it!"

He probably won't be coming home from the cat hospital until Tuesday but he's doing wonderfully. Shadow's mother had the garage sale with her neighbors today. I went and they had a huge amount of stuff, cupcakes and brownies as well as lemonade, and a collection jar for Shadow. I don't know how much more there will be to donate but Shadow's mom is doing everything in her power to raise more money for IMOM.

I won't have a report on how marvelously Shadow is doing today. The hospital is staffed but they don't answer the phone on Sunday. However, I hope to have Shadow's Mom online later on so she can tell you first hand what this has meant to her.

I am so happy to hear how well Shadow is doing. This is just the greatest news! :banana: :banana: :banana:

We had another update from the vet today. Shadow continues to do very well. However, since he has had so much surgery -- amputation, repair of the hernia and neutering -- they are going to keep him another couple of days.

Shadow's mother raised another $60 on her own on very short notice -- it may be more, I'm not sure. I know I have another $10.

I have not heard back from IMOM.org yet about whether they are OK with my idea of the Sail-A-Thon but I will not be seeking sponsors from the IMOM site. This site does such a phenomenal job of raising money in its own way and I don't want to distract from that in any way! But I have discussed the idea at my sailing club and people are very, very enthusiastic about it.

So please let me know. Email me if you need more information. All funds raised will either be in the form of a check made out to IMOM by donaters, or uploaded by the donaters.

A Sail-a-thon sounds like a wonderful idea as a fund raiser. Please feel free to direct any interested parties to IMOM.org so they can read about the organization and read about IMOM's mission. They are also welcome to join our community forum if they would like so they can follow the stories of our pets in need and see what a terrific group of animal lovers make up this community. Some folks are able to donate dollars, some offer moral support, others help cheerlead and many offer prayers or positive thoughts. Each of us does what they can to support our pets in need.

Feel free to email me off list if you have any questions, but as far as fundraiser goes - I say go for it!

Pat - IMOM

Oh that's wonderful, Pat! We're going to call it "Send a Sailor to Sea!" I will provide lots of information about IMOM as I promote it. I'll put the website out but I'm not going to count on people going there; I'll print out information from your site (especially about sweet little Shadow, who will be the official "mascot!"

Shadow is still in the hospital, recovering well but he's been through a lot and they're being cautious about sending him home. This means that the cat hospital has taken on a lot of expenses that they have just absorbed. There aren't enough good words for that place --

Or THIS place!!!

Sign in to follow this