Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
CatPaws

AJ - My Lion King

143 posts in this topic

Paula,

Thanks so much for posting on Zoom's thread ....as always, love hearing from you. You certainly have a gift for writing, and a way with words, that always touches my heart so! I hope I can live up to these "high standards" you have found in mine too. There's nothing more than I enjoy than making people laugh, enjoy themselves, or just have a good time, & feel at ease. Here at IMOM where most of us are in crisis with our pets, or family, or some sort of life crisis ...is time's like those where a "viral hug" is needed most and so many of us gladly give what we can. I've always felt people make people complicated. It's really not that complicated ...

Glad you came through Sandy unscathed. Although all the houseguests must have proved memorable. It was unbelievable the damage the tri-state area received. Manhattan especially, that usually dodges the bullet. I still know people without power and that have lost their homes. And in the midst of all this, ..one waseven victim of the dreaded pink slip due to cutbacks! And at my age that's really difficult; ....which am still having a hard time believing in a few short weeks (Jan.3rd) I turn 65! Ahhh...but the 25 year old in me is still up for m.o.s.t things ....lol!

I know I was holding my breath when I saw my beloved "splurge" solar lampost (to keep the coyote away!) in the yard start rockin' ....thanks to the guy at Home Depot had it weighted down with 100lbs of marble chips which we both thought would do it... ...but I was still worried. Scoured up some make- do cords in the middle of the storm and went out there and tied it to the cyclone fence it's propped up against ...then just prayed. It was scary ...being on the edge of cliff is beautiful, but thought we were all to end up in the pasture across the way with the sheep. Even poor MisChief turned around and ran back(or I thought was going to be blown back!) in the house when we went out for a piddle-break! Fortunately, we are fine and so are my "adopted fur-family" the sheep!

Well hope things are falling into place for you once again now that all the houseguests have left ...give all the furbabies tummy rubs from MisChief and I and have a wonderful Thanksgiving Paula!

With Giant Hugs.

Susan, MisChief,

& my Angel PIN ZOOM

Missing you, My Lion King.

Keep your paws crossed for a shelter dog named Sydney (can you believe that?) Life is about to take a wonderful turn for her. If all goes well, she'll be coming to Jersey today to start a new life with Chris. Chris does love her chow-chows.

Take good care of Skeeter. I miss you.

Keep your paws crossed for a shelter dog named Sydney (can you believe that?) Life is about to take a wonderful turn for her. If all goes well, she'll be coming to Jersey today to start a new life with Chris. Chris does love her chow-chows.

Well if AJ and Skeeter have anything to say abt it, Sydney will find her forever home with what sounds like a great mama, Chris.

Paws crossed.

The boyz and I want to wish u and the gang a wonderfully blessed holiday. We know the angels are warching over u every single day, but u will feel them more closely on Xmas.

Much love and hugs, my friend.

My Lion King- missing you and Miss Skeeter Magoo. This year your pride and mom have lost so many of our angels, but the year has also been sprinkled with some angels gained.

Chris lost her sweet Jessie this year, but that opened a spot for Sidney, now Nicki. She obviously had some trauma in her short life, but is making wonderful leaps forward in learning to trust human hands to deliver kindness and love. And Sky (formerly Lobo) has become a wonderful addition to his family. Such a beautiful white shepherd/husky.

We've also gained 3 little humans since December 1st, and promises of more arriving in 2013. I like to think the souls of Ken, Mac and Jimmy made way for these 3. If so, these babies are going to do wonderful things with their lives.

Please keep guard over Annabelle on Thursday. We had to make the call that it's time for her eye to be removed, as there is no vision left and it now poses a threat of pain as the glaucoma has risen it's ugly head again.

Happy New Year my little Angels.

*smiles* Must be something about the name.

Stopping by to give you massive *hugs* Paula. You are always in my thoughts.

My daughter recently adopted a beautiful long hair orange female kitty to be by her side as she goes off to college.

Princess Extreme Cheddar Lion. We all contributed one part to her name. I chose Lion in honor of AJ :)

Hi Paula,

You keep on popping into my heart ....and wondering how you're doing? Hope things are going well, life's being kind, and you and the pride enjoying the milder weather.

Sending lots of hugs & goodness to all.

Susan, MisChief

Angel PIN ZOOM

(& Baaa's from the Sheep!)

This begins one of the toughest anniversary weeks for me, as in this week I lost both my best friend, who always led me into trouble and my Lion King, AJ.

My friend, Claudia, has now been gone 10 years, after fighting an incredible 6 1/2 year battle against Ovarian Cancer. If there was ever a testament to the power of positive thinking, it was Claudia. Her sister and I accompanied her to her first meeting with the oncologist, and he all but said she had about 6 weeks to live, but would fight with her as long as she was willing to fight. My beloved Skeeter Magoo was named for Claudia's brother, Skeet, who always kept us laughing during the worst of the chemo treatment times. None of us could have guessed that we'd be burying Skeet before Claudia. Cheers to both of these incredible people. They promised to save a seat for me in the car, although if Claudia's driving, I want to be in the backseat!

AJ- Forever and Always, my Lion King. Thank you for sending the great karma my way yesterday.

We're battling the odds again, and winning.

Edited by CatPaws

AJ, ur mama is having a tough time this week. It's always so sad when anniversaries of losing a best friend and losing a very special friend come around.

You are special AJ since u are the Lion King, and over the years since u have been gone u have been a part of miracles happening.

You are so loved.

Paula I know tmw will be particularly tough. I am just so glad that u still have such a connection to AJ.

I am also sorry abt Claudia-it is a heartbreaking story, but inspiring.

Big hugs to u , my friend.

Just thinking of you & sending lots of hugs to you and the pride.

Susan, MisChief

& Angel PIN ZOOM

Merry Christmas, AJ. We miss you and the girls. And, yes, we are cooking up the roasted chicken to share, in your memory.

How are you doing my friend??? Life has been hectic here but like everyone else throughout the country cannot wait for springlike weather to arrive.

Hope all's going well and life is being kind.

Susan, MisChief,

& Angel ZOOM

Just checking in to see how you and the pride are doing. Enjoying the springtime finally in NJ? Hope so ....& hope life is being kind my friend.

AJ, I bet u gathered everyone to meet Tuck. Thank u sweet boy.

hugs

AJ, I bet u gathered everyone to meet Tuck. Thank u sweet boy.

hugs

You bet, Cindy. We laid down our troubles, down by the riverside. No more sorrow; no more pain. Lots and lots of squeaky toys, pinto beans... and a little KFC for the kitties.

AJ... 5 years ago tonight I held you in my arms knowing when the light of a new dawn would come that I had to release you to head to your new jungle. Tonight, another IMOM friend heads your way, AJ. Please put out the welcome mat for RJ. I send my hugs to you, Skeeter, Stormie, Autumn and Duke.

Shine on my babies. :rose:

I'm so sorry, and ty for allowing him to welcome her!!May their light always shine on our face!