Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tracy IMOM

Charlie Brun - all funds have been donated

100 posts in this topic

Happy Dances for all!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I AM SO HAPPY FOR CHARLIE...Great Job Bethann...please keep us updated on you and Charlie over the week end...

Wait until Jacki sees...she's going to be SO HAPPY...THANKS TO ALL that helped...Judy

I'm just glad I added IMOM to my Twitter account. I had planned to buy a new laptop this weekend but it can wait. Charlie can't. Anyway, a laptop can't kiss your face or wag it's tail to greet you when you come home. There is nothing in the world I would trade for Butch and I know Charlie's family feels the same.

The angels have come thru again. I am in total awe! All 14 paws here are crossed for Charlie.

I'm just glad I added IMOM to my Twitter account. I had planned to buy a new laptop this weekend but it can wait. Charlie can't. Anyway, a laptop can't kiss your face or wag it's tail to greet you when you come home. There is nothing in the world I would trade for Butch and I know Charlie's family feels the same.

I like the way you think! Who needs a new laptop when the $$ can be used to help a furkid :banana:

:magicmoon:

Thanks to all of you wonderful people, Charlie is moving to All Funds Raised. And I am doing a happy dance with my two Dallies :pp_animal_568::pp_animal_568:

Thank you to every one of you incredible and wonderful and giving and amazing peole who gave so generously to Charlie. I'm so happy he will be able to have his surgery on Monday!

Good morning Charlie made it through last night and is doing okay. Have a great weekend and I will keep you posted on how he is doing today.

So glad to see your post...positive thoughts and prayers sent your way that this week end is uneventful and that Charlie is quiet and calm...

Counting the hours until Monday AM...Hugs, Judy

So glad to see your post...positive thoughts and prayers sent your way that this week end is uneventful and that Charlie is quiet and calm...

Counting the hours until Monday AM...Hugs, Judy

:banana: So happy Charlie has the funds he needs. Hope he can get into surgery ASAP !!

Sending lots of prayers !

Hoping today is the last day that Charlie has to struggle to breathe and he will be "right as rain" after his surgery tomorrow. Much love and prayers directed towards him and your whole family.

Karen and Butch

Edited by Butch's Mom

The Kitty Gods are sending good fortune to all who helped Charlie- with donations and support during this difficult time. Thank you IMOM and Magic for making this all possible.

Kathy

The Kitty Gods are sending good fortune to all who helped Charlie- with donations and support during this difficult time. Thank you IMOM and Magic for making this all possible.

Kathy

Hi everyone,

I started to post earlier and then Charlie started coking. He is fine. I gave him shredded chicken and it much has gotten stuck. It seems like he knows the surgery is in the am. He is acting a little bit nervous and needy. I can't blame him. I am also nervous. He will take his last drink of water until the surgery at 9:PM.

I can't wait to take him on his first trip back to the dog park. He loves the park.

Have a great night and I will let you all know tomorrow as soon as he is out of surgery.

Thanks for my dog back!

Bethann

I had a friend who had this surgery done for her Lab several years ago and it was a great success. I know Charlie's will be as well. We will all hold Charlie "in the light" with our love and prayers and he will come out better than ever. He will be back running at the park in no time!

Karen and Butch

Okay, we are leaving for the Vet in 15 mins. Please pray for my baby to come through the surgery better then ever!

It's almost 9:00 AM where I am and should be nearly 10:00 where Charlie is. He has been on my mind all morning and it will be great to hear that his surgery is completed and successful. I will continue to "hold him in the light" and will be checking in to hear the good news of his successful surgery.

Karen and Butch

Karen and Butch...I'm with you...I've been watching the clock all morning. I think I'm one hour ahead of Charlie and Bethann so I figure sometime early PM Charlie should be in recovery...

I know it's so hard to wait...Bethann, we're with you in spirit! Hugs, Judy

We should hear something from the vet around noon. Thanks for the thoughts and kind words. I will let you know asap.

Bethann

Okay it is noon and I just heard from the vet, Charlie is out of surgery and doing GOOD. He is just starting to wake up and we are planning to pick him up around 4:00. He was in bad shape they said. We cut this one too close. I have a lot to learn about the disorder. He will need to be pretty much sedated for the ST month. He needs to stay calm and quite. Barking can pull out the stitches. The surgeon said it is so rare for a Giant to have this disorder.

If you don't hear anymore from me today I am just loving my boy. I will write again in the am.

Bethann

Bethann, when you go to pick up Charlie ask the vet if there is something you can give him to make sure he stays calm...

did you mean that he needs to rest for the balance of this month?

The first few days are going to be OK...do you have a crate that you can keep Charlie in when you can't watch him?

I also use Bach's Rescue Remedy to keep the animals calm. Don't know if it would work for him but perhaps the vet can give you something to keep him calcm.

Poor guy...it was a close call...I have never heard of this disorder before. I"ll be interested to hear what you learn. Judy

:pp_animal_568: i am so happy that charlie is doing good. when duke needed to calm down at home after his first surgery the vet gave me valume "doggie valum" it worked really good.

katrina

The vet can give him something like they give them when they come home after heartworm treatment. They have to stay calm and not run around for 6 weeks or longer. Check the yard before you take him out to ensure that there are no squirrels, birds, etc. that he might want to bark at before you take him out. If he barks at the doorbell, cover it with tape and a sign asking the caller not to ring the bell. The time will pass quickly and he will be able to bark and play and do everything he used to do.

Hugs and slurps,

Karen and Butch

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0