Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Tracy IMOM

Bagheera Foster

15 posts in this topic

Diagnosis: Broken hind leg

Amount of estimate: Low end - $1465

Owner Contribution: $200.00

We need to raise: $1265

Spayed or neutered: Yes

Volunteer Case worker: Tracy

Bagheera is an indoor-only kitty, but one day he snuck outside. He was chased by a wild animal up a tree and then fell out of the tree, fracturing his hind leg. He needs amputation within the next 5 days, according to his veterinarian.

Donations can be made at this page

Please designate contributions for "GF - Bagheera Foster"

Bagheera is only 9 months old and has his whole life ahead of him. His mom is a single mother on unemployment insurance and cannot afford this surgery. Please help us raise the needed funds so Bagheera can get his surgery and be on the road to recovery soon.

Thanks, Angels!

Tracy/IMOM

All we need is 127 angels to make a $10 donation. IMOM can do this!

PLEASE HELP BAGHEERA- EVERY PENNY COUNTS. :twocents:

this is Bahgeera's mom, we thank you for your help. He wants to live, and wants to be given a second chance. God bless everyone for they're time and assistance in helping him on the difficult road towards his recovery. We here at home are doing everything we can to raise money and help this surgery happen as soon as possible.

Bagheera's Mom...WELCOME to IMOM!! It is a wonderful place...

I can tell you really love Bagheera and want to make sure that he gets fixed up...the BEST THING you can do is post, post and post some more...post as many times as day as you can. Tell the IMOM angel's stories about Bagheera...he sounds special...tell everyone what he does, his favorite toys and how much you love him...I don't think it will be hard as you love him so.

Share with the angels how you are working to raise funds for him...the more you try the more people will see your love for him...

I look forward to reading all about Bagheera and how special he is...

What kind of kitty is he?? Good Luck...Judy

By the way...he is going to be just fine as a three legged kitty...they adapt so well, you won't believe it.

What kind of kitty is he??

We got a pic of Bagheera this afternoon. Here he is. He's adorable!

Bagheera_Foster.jpg

Bahgeera's seeming a little better today. He is the sweetest domestic medium hair cat I have ever had the pleasure to know. It's been odd not having his assistance with things the last few days. I'd gotten so used to him directing the kids, or coming and whining at me if crying occurs, even when it's coming from someone else's kids, somewhere in the neighborhood. Even the squirrels and raccoons have been coming and looking in the front window looking for Bagy. He's known for sitting in the front window "talking" to the squirrels and raccoons that are locals in the neighborhood. It's funny how much of a difference a sweet little cat can make on your life. I've only had one other pet like this in my life, and I got him about the same time in my life as my daughter got Bahgeera. His name was Copper, and he was the best friend I had growing up, he stayed with me until I was about 14, so about 9 or 10 years, I never thought it was possible to find another cat like that, that is until Bahgeera's personality started to come out. It's amazing how similar they are, and I am so grateful that my daughter is getting the chance to love an animal so amazing. It's life changing, and forever heart warming to see the happiness from having a friend that will seemingly always be there. Thank you again and God Bless, you truly are Amazing.

Bagheera is a beautiful boy...he reminds me so of our kitty, Blackie...

Blackie was a stray that arrived at our house one day and never left for 23 yrs...

IMOM Angels...this young kitty needs our help...he has his whole life ahead of him...he has a family that loves him and he is going to be good as new once he can get his surgery...

Can't we help him get there?

His family is working on trying to raise funds...let's see what we can do to help...

He needs us now...it's the week end and it's always kind of quiet at IMOM...let's see what we can do tomorrow and Monday...Bagheera and his family need our help...Judy

I went and got a second opinion yesterday at a vet down the hill. He said he could pin it for $750.00. He was too busy to write me up a detailed estimate. I'm gonna call first thing in the morning to try to get one, but if you thought you could call, maybe that would help. That's not only half the price they want up here, it's not amputation, it's trying to save his sweet little leg, the doctor down there seemed very hopeful of his chances to walk again with all four legs. Can we try Please. I'm doing everything I can on this end. But I'm running out of ideas, We need your help.

Loma Linda Animal Hospital 909-825-3144

Edited by LoveUBahgeera

Please send an email to your case worker. They do not monitor the forum and won't see your posting.

Remember, the vet down the hill would also have to agree to IMOMs payment policy, so there is more you'll need to discuss with him/her than just the estimate.

Sending good wishes for success.

GREAT JOB finding a lower price for Bagheera...

Tomorrow AM when you call the vet make sure you find out if they will work with IMOM...and also write to Tracy directly to make sure she is aware of what is happening. She is busy and may not get to the forum before tomorrow morning...

I am excited for you...a lower estimate and perhaps saving his leg...WOW...again, GREAT JOB...

Your Bagheera looks so much like our Blackie...he was with us for 23 yrs...

IMOM angels...this kitty has a chance just like our Blackie did...he has a family that loves him and he has many years ahead of him...let's help him get fixed...Please...Judy

Just wondering what is going on with Bagheera...

He is a very cute boy! I hope everything works out with this new vet and that he will be able to keep his leg.

I guess the Angels are waiting to see what is happening because there is very little activity on this thread for a kitty who will still need funds for surgery.

Hang in there Bagheera!!! It will all work out...

Lynette...I'm so glad to see you posting...I too am worried for Bagheera...his Mom is really trying to find a cheaper vet and work on funding...

IMOM angels...Bagheera's Mom is in California...so they have a three hour time difference...she'll be posting later this afternoon, I know it...

It's very stressful working to raise funds...finding a vet to work with IMOM and then get used to the forum...

but you can tell that Bagheera is really loved...

Let's see what we can do for this kitty...I am sure his Mom is going to be online this afternoon with an update...Judy

I know that times are tough right now...if you can't donate please cross post Bagheera's story to friends and they can cross post to their friends...this little boy needs to be fixed...even as we wait to see if the new vet will work with IMOM we can be raising funds...every little bit helps also...don't think that if you can't donate alot it won't help...it will...it all adds up...

Edited by Judy

I went and got a second opinion yesterday at a vet down the hill. He said he could pin it for $750.00. He was too busy to write me up a detailed estimate. I'm gonna call first thing in the morning to try to get one, but if you thought you could call, maybe that would help. That's not only half the price they want up here, it's not amputation, it's trying to save his sweet little leg, the doctor down there seemed very hopeful of his chances to walk again with all four legs. Can we try Please. I'm doing everything I can on this end. But I'm running out of ideas, We need your help.

Loma Linda Animal Hospital 909-825-3144

Have you notified your case worker of this change? If you haven't already, you need to send an email to the committee so our volunteers know the status and can advise you accordingly. The email address is gf@imom.org

Hi Judy! I have remained a lurker on the forum and check in on the furkids I am familiar with...I see you have added to your family :) I just know how important it is...especially in these hard times and with the difficulties all non profits are experiencing...to come back here and support IMOM. I remain ever grateful for what Magic, Jacki and the Angels did for me.

I wish we Knew what was going on with Bagheera.

Unfortunately, Bagheera's case has been closed due to applicant missing posting deadlines as well as not communicating with the committee via email in a timely manner. Bagheera's mom was given a copy of our responsibilities of applicants and a clear warning that violating any of them is grounds for immediate case closure. This is a committee decision and is not reversible. Bagheera's mom has been notified. We can only hope that she was able to get a more affordable estimate from the new vet that she was going to contact, and that she will be able to get Bagheera treated without our help. We hope that Bagheera fares well.

Tracy/IMOM

Sign in to follow this