Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Lynette

Gracie is FOUND

31 posts in this topic

post-504-1239550034_thumb.jpg

Hi Everyone -

I have been the receipiant of the miracles that happen at IMOM. I also used to be a volunteer. I was, at that time, active in the TNR of cats. That somehow turned into rescue, foster and placement. I had to leave IMOM because, as a volunteer, it requires many, many hours. You have no idea what these volunteers go through to try and get help for the pets that need it. It is a hard job but truly rewarding.

Anywho...the reason I am reaching out to this forum is becayse on 3/26/09 I adopted my beloved Gracie to a woman who passed all the requirements. The home delivery didin't go so well but I was sure Gracie would adjust. the woman refused to keep her in the bathroom and called a week later to tell me the cat had not moved from under the bed. I went to the home - recoved the cat from under the bed and left with her in the bathroom. This psycho let her out a couple of days later. Last Sunday, I learned that Gracie had bolted from the house when she saw her opportunity. She hated this woman and she was terrified. I want to shoot myself. I should have taken her home the first time I had to go get her from under the bed.

I didn't. Now Gracie is lost, cold,terrified and hungry. I have posted 400 fliers, walked about 20 miles and knocked on many, many doors. Nothing.

As a strong community, I know that miracles happen here. Could I please ask everyone to keep Gracie in their hearts and thoughts. Please visualize her coming to me as I walk the streets, calling her name. Please pray for her if you do that. She ia a longhaired, grey female with a fluffy tail. A sweet, delicate little soul. I fostered her for a year. She was only 8 weeks when I got her. My heart is absolutely broken.

I will try to attach a picture.

Happy Easter eveeryone.

Edited by Lynette

Happy Easter, and many, MANY, positive thoughts and visualizations of kitty coming back to you... I know you won't, but don't give up... many, many years ago... I had a kitty and we moved... about a week later he disappeared.... we put up fliers.. we searched high and low... we returned to our old house... nothing.... but miracle of miracles... we found him 7 months later... a bit rough, and very underweight... hiding under a parked car, outside of our old house... I believe in my heart you will find her... thinking of you both

Shawn

Edited by AutismAngel

Lynette...I will be sending positive thoughts and prayers to you that you find your Gracie...

I know your strenght...you will not give up...

can you put something out with your scent on it?

Have you had any luck with the people in the area seeing her? Talk to the children...they see alot of things when they are outside playing.

How far away from you is this woman's house?

I would also check with the shelters...

Wishing you nothing but success on this venture..I will keep checking back to see how you are doing...Judy

Hoping Gracie sees the light to ur house, that so many are helping to shine with thoughts and prayers.

Hugs,

Hi Lynette, I'm sorry to hear Gracie is lost. Please stop kicking yourself - you made the best decision you could with the available information you had at the time.

Can you visit the area again and locate children who may live near the lady and ask them to keep an eye out for Gracie? Kids often notice cats & dogs that adults miss seeing. Maybe it's because most kids like animals or maybe it's because kids are lower to the ground than most of us, but they are great at finding lost pets.

Regardless, I'm sending prayers & lots of positive thoughts your way, I truly hope Gracie finds her way back to you soon.

Pat - IMOM

Lynette,

Lots of positive thoughts and prayers that Gracie will soon find her way back to you. She - and you - are in my thoughts.

:hugs:

Tracy and Cody :heart::stripekitty:

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and prayers. I will continue to pursue all of your suggestions. I would put out something that smellls like me but I don't know where to put it. She hated this woman so I know that she is nowhere near where the woman lived. I contacted a pet communicator who believes she is not far from where she ran from. All I can do is to continue what I am doing - walking the streets and calling her. I pass out fliers, talk to kids, joggers/walkers and people pushing babies.

You're right Judy - I won't give up. I will find her. I live about 3 miles from where she ran away but there are so many busy streets she would need to cross in order to get to me.

Please keep us in your thoughts and thanks so very much

Hi Lynnette,

I am going to look for a message posted to one of my boards - they have several suggestions for bringing lost kitties back home. I will probably have to email it to you.

Email me at shebashadow@yahoo.com and I will forward it to you.

One suggestion is to visualize a golden thread that starts with you - at your home and runs to Gracie and then back to you.

I would go and look close to the last place that Gracie was- look three houses in all directions- she may be close to where she was lost- or she may be on her way back to you

good luck

Kathy

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and prayers. I will continue to pursue all of your suggestions. I would put out something that smellls like me but I don't know where to put it. She hated this woman so I know that she is nowhere near where the woman lived. I contacted a pet communicator who believes she is not far from where she ran from. All I can do is to continue what I am doing - walking the streets and calling her. I pass out fliers, talk to kids, joggers/walkers and people pushing babies.

You're right Judy - I won't give up. I will find her. I live about 3 miles from where she ran away but there are so many busy streets she would need to cross in order to get to me.

Please keep us in your thoughts and thanks so very much

Hi Lynette: I agree, she's probably not too far away from where she ran out the door. I had a similar experience with one of my own. She had been a momma street cat until we caught her, spayed her and brought her in. She had lived with me for 4 years and never made a move to get outside. One day the condo maintenance people were painting the front doors and left mine open while they took a lunch break. Gigi went out the door. Unfortunately, my old male cat was lounging on a chair by the front patio, and didn't recognize her as "one of us" and charged after her. I would randomly spot Gigi, but when I did, she would run FROM me instead of TO me. For days she hung near the condo, but would run when I'd call her.

Your kitty may be hiding from you now because she thinks you will return her to the woman's home.

I was finally able to get Gigi by going to neutral territory and "sitting down to have a picnic". She finally came over, joined me on the blanket, and I was able to calm her and bring her home.

Sending positive vibes to your kitty to understand that you aren't going to take her back to the woman's house.

It's Paula, right? Thanks for the reassurance. This is exactly what I have been thinking from time to time. I know she is so terrified that she could also be terrified of me.

I just hope she doesn't stray far looking for food and water. I am just so distraught. I can't stop the what if's. I know I didn't do anything to cause this but it's hard not to beat myself up. She really wanted to be "my cat" but I have 10 cats and my mantra has been fosters are fosters. Gracie was one foster that should have stayed with me. She loved me. I can't imagine what she must be thinking.

Thanks everyone for your good thoughts...

Hi Lynette:

I've been thinking about Gracie and stopped in to see if there is any more word or any sightings of her. Did she have a favorite kitty friend at your house? If so, maybe if you take the kitty friend with you as you do your searches, it might remind her of the good days and she'll come out of hiding.

Don't give up!

I just hope she doesn't stray far looking for food and water.

Lynette, nice to see you back but I'm sorry about the circumstances. It's an awful feeling when one of our babes is lost. You've done a great job on the fliers, but someone needs to be putting food out for Gracie every day - around the same time and twice a day if possible. It will keep her nearby and also create a feeding pattern, which will help if you need to trap her because she's scared. It sounds like you can't trust the adopter to do this. Are you close enough that you could go over to put food out?

Are you checking with your local Animal Control facility to make sure Gracie hasn't been turned in as a stray? I'd check with the local rescue gps too, because if a CCL like you or me found a Gracie, we'd turn to a no-kill for help.

Oh no Lynette, I'm so sorry Gracie is missing. I'm sending loads of "get home to mom Lynette" thoughts to her.

I hope you have found her and she is safe and sound back home with you.

Please let us know

Lynette, another way to get the word out: PetHarbor has a service where they'll mail postcards to all the residents in the area, with a photo of the lost pet. www.petharbor.com. I don't know what it costs, but let me know if you want to do that and need some help with the cost.

Thinking good thoughts for Gracie's safe return.

I am confident your kitty will get back to you. Don't give up. She is out there and she will find you. It is a rish you have to take to get them good homes, and it is not your fault --and let us know when she does return

Hi Everyone - thanks so much for your positive thoughts and insights.

Hey Kim - it's good to hear from you. It is all so complicated. Gracie escaped from that house because she hated the woman. I saw it from the begining but thought she was just scared of the new environment and would adjust. The adopters biggest mistake was refusing to confine her to a small space. People just don't listen. She bolted off a roof and I missed her it by no more than 10 minutes. I looked for her in the immediate neighborhood for an hour and the was no sight of her.

I have actually posted, handed out and tucked into doors more than 400 fliers. I just had 300 more declaring the cat 'still missing'. I have knocked on doors. I have consulted a communicator twice. Gracie is so freaked out, she is barely able to get her to focus and talk to her. I have had so many great suggestions like putting her litter box somewher or leaving a trap with one of my t-shirts in it. As for putting food out for her, I just have no clue where to put it. I have permission to go into a few backyards where people are feeing. The are many people in this area who put out food so I am pretty sure she is getting food and water.

I just don't know where to concentrate my searches. The communicator said that even if she heard me, she would not respond. She is in survival mode. She needs to be spotted so I can pinpoint an area and then I can set traps but what would work better is if I just sat nearby - not calling and just waiting for her to come to me. But first...she needs to be spotted.

Thank goodness this is a pet friendly neighborhood and I have gotten nothing but grat cooperation. I have gotten a lot of responces to my fliers but none yet that fits Gracies description.

I think she will be found. It just may take some time. I am not giving up.

Kim, I will check out that site and email you. Sounds like a great idea.

Thanks everyone for keeping her in your thoughts.

Lynette if by chance Gracie was picked up by Animal Control you may find her at your local HS or shelter. The site Kim gave you is amazing, I have reunited 6 owners with their lost pet thur Petharbor. I tell owners looking for their lost pet, if you can't physically go to the pound on a daily basis, you should log on to www.petharbor.com type in your zip code, click on the local shelters, then click on search for lost animals etc. depending how long the pet has been missing, I will tell them to check the adoptable pets as well.

We are going thru a similar situation with a dog that escaped from his foster home last week. It is extremely sad and heart breaking, especially when the dog was being fed in the field before he was caught and knew the area. Now he is lost in an unfamilar area where there is heavy traffic. Very sad.

I will keep Gracie in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck.

Edited by Diana C.

Hi Diana!

Thanks so much for your concern and good advice. I will pray for the foster dog to experience the same thing I have...

GRACIE IS HOME!!!

Thanks to the whole community for your prayers and good thoughts!!! I truly believe that you helped to unite me with my baby girl. The woman who lost her was setting traps on her front steps and Gracie went in one last night! I never thought it would happen. Even the communicator told me that she had said she would not go into a metal box. But she did! After 2 weeks, I have my girl back. And she IS my girl. Now I have 11 cats because she will not go to adoptions ever again. Gracie wants to be my cat and she will be.

Thanks to everyone who was praying for us and sending white, healing light.

IT WORKED!!!

GRACIE IS HOME!!!

Oh Lynette I am SO happy for both you and Gracie! I almost changed the title of the thread to Gracie is FOUND so everyone would see it right away!

I can only imagine how thankful and happy you are.

Way to go, Gracie! You knew you'd find your Momma again someday, didn't you? :catwatching:

Cindy/IMOM

Lynette, I am relieved beyond belief... I am so happy that Gracie is back with you. I have been checking here every day in the hopes that I would find good news. WHEW.

I am so happy for u Lynette, and of course for YOUR baby, Gracie.

I am so glad she is home with her mommy now.

Hugs,

GRACIE IS HOME!!!

Even the communicator told me that she had said she would not go into a metal box. But she did! After 2 weeks, I have my girl back. And she IS my girl. Now I have 11 cats because she will not go to adoptions ever again. Gracie wants to be my cat and she will be.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GOOD GIRL, GRACIE! Lynette, I think Gracie heard those thought waves and decided THAT was worth going into one of those metal boxes for!!!!

All 10 of us are ecstatic about Gracie coming home.... because now we can tell our friends that we know someone even nuttier than our Mom... someone who has 11 cats! :happydance:

The Jersey Gang

Edited by CatPaws

WOW LYNETTE WHAT WONDERFUL NEWS. I AM SO HAPPY GRACIE IS HOME WHERE SHE BELONGS.. HUGS TO YOU BOTH..

Lynette, I am THRILLED that Gracie is back home with you right where she belongs...

I can't believe that she went into a cage at the house she hated...WOW...I think she knew that you were looking for her and she was ready to come home!!!

By the way, I LOVE her name...we adopted a collie from NEOCR here in Ohio and her name was Princess Grace...she was rescued from Kentucky and I right smartly changed her name to GRACIE BELLE...

Once again...GREAT BIG HUGS to you and Gracie...I know that you both are snuggling and cuddling and you're HAPPY at home TOGETHER...Judy

GRACIE IS HOME!!!

OMG, Lynette, I just saw the good news!!! SO happy and relieved for you and Gracie!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: