Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

LaurieR

George Vestal

107 posts in this topic

Do you have a K Mart, Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid or Costco near you? Costco has the cheapest meds around AND you don't have to be a member to use their pharmacy...you just tell them you are going to get a prescription.

Also, you can check online pet supply companies that provide prescription drugs...I don't know how that works but either you or they will get the prescription and then you're all set...

Also...check with Canadian Pharmacies...If George uses a human drug perhap they can help out...

You are such a good Mom to George...Merry Christmas to you and yours...so glad to see you back on the forum...Judy

I was reading about George and had to laugh about the poop thing! Yes, we pet parents talk about poop and pee and whatever else we need to! I'm glad he's doing better. One of my cats tends to be pretty constipated - and won't touch pumpkin - so I may need to check on Miralax.

For more poop discussion.... check today's Parvo Pups update.... :))

I am always so happy to check in with you and George...You are such a GOOD Momma to him...be proud.....

AND, YAY RAH to the good poops.....we love to hear that.....

Have you tried just cutting off the points on the nails so they don't dig in ?

DO a search on froogle to get cheaper prices

Kathy

Erika, sending you George and everyone wishes for a Happy Holiday Season and a Happy and HEALTHY New Year...Judy

Hi Erika, I'm always happy to read that George is doing well. Please give him some kisses from me!

gotta love the poop. as a horse owner, poop is very important and I love to see lots of healthy piles, lol. so happy that George is doing good. just an fyi- if anyone has a harris teeter grocery store near them check with them if you need antibiotics for your pets. a lot of antibiotics are free for 2 weeks there. I was able to get the Keflex for Kashmir during my whole ordeal for 4 months and never paid a dime

I just got an IMOM message from Erika and George and the other kitty are having a terrible time with fleas...she has bombed her apartment many times and bathed the kitties also and they are still having problems...

Anyone have any ideas for her? I told her to get a small black fine tooth comb and start combing the kitties and that will help remove the flea dirt and the fleas and then drop them in rubbing alcohol to kill them...

are there any natural type remedies that anyone knows? Erika is a GREAT MOMMA to her kitties so she will be sure to follow any advice that anyone has for her.

I also told her NO HARTZ PRODUCTS AS THEY ARE SO DANGEROUS TO THE KITTIES.....

Erika is having trouble posting and asked me to put this up on George's thread for her...

CAN SOMEONE POST THIS MESSAGE FOR ME BECAUSE IM NOT SURE WHY MY ACCONT SAYS NO POST! MABY IM IN THA WRONG PLACE ON THE SITE? GEORGE HAS HAD A SWOLLEN RIGHT SIDE LOWER ISHUE RECENTLY THAT I AM TRYING TO GET TREATED FOR HIM AN ANTIBIOTICS HAS BEN RECOMENDED AS A POSIBLE TREATMENT! I LOVE A CARE FOR GEORGE WITH ALL MY HEART LIKE MY CHILD AN WHEN HE GETS SICK AN HAS ISHUES THAT I CANNOT AFORD I FEEL HELPLESS AT TIMES AN TRY EVERY POSIBLE STEP TO GET OUTSIDE HELP FOR HIM! WITHOUT ORGANIZATIONS LIKE IMOM PAWS AN MANY OUTHERS I FEEL I WOULD HAV LOST HIM A LONG TIME AGO!

George's mom wanted to provide everyone an update.

HOPE IM POSTING ONTHA RIGHT LINK! HAZ BEN A WHILE BUT JUST WANT EVERYONE 2KNOW GEORGE IS DOING GREAT DESPITE IF THIS HOT A MISSERABLE WETHER! HE IS STAYING EXTRA HYDRATED AN COOL AS POSSIBLE AN I THANK EVERYONE FOR ALL THA PAST GIFTS AN SUPORT FOR GEORGE AN PRECIOUS DURING THA TUFF THA DIFICULT TIMES AN THEY ARE ALIVE AN WELL 2DAY BECAUSE OF THA LUV AN SUPORT GIVEN BY EVERYONE! I PLAN TO UPDATE AS OFFTEN AS I CAN ITS BEN TOUGH SINCE I LOCKED MYSELF OUT OF MY LAPTOP BUT IM WORKING... IF POSIBLE CAN YOU POST THIS ON MY PAGE BECUSE IM NOT SURE IF IM POSTION ON THA RIGHT PLACE OR SEND THA CORRECT LINK TO MY EMAIL! MY PROFILE ALLWAYS SAYS NOT CURRNT POST AVAILIBLE!

Kris, I was just coming over to post for Erika...thank you...George is a special boy...and so is his Momma...she cares for her kitties...

IT HAZ BEN A WHILE BUT JUST WANT EVERYONE 2KNOW GEORGE IS DOING GREAT DESPITE IF THIS HOT A MISSERABLE WETHER! HE IS STAYING EXTRA HYDRATED AN COOL AS POSSIBLE AN I THANK EVERYONE FOR ALL THA PAST GIFTS AN SUPORT FOR GEORGE AN PRECIOUS DURING THA TUFF THA DIFICULT TIMES AN THEY ARE ALIVE AN WELL 2DAY BECAUSE OF THA LUV AN SUPORT GIVEN BY EVERYONE! I PLAN TO UPDATE AS OFFTEN AS I CAN ITS BEN TOUGH SINCE I LOCKED MYSELF OUT OF MY LAPTOP BUT IM WORKING EVERYONE HAV A GREAT WEEKEND AND HOLIDAY!...

SORRY ITS BEN A WILE WITHOUT MY LABTOP I LOCKED MYSELF OUT OF ITS NOT OFTEN I GET TO THA COMPUTER AS I USE TO BABLE TO! NOT SURE IF ANYONE IMMOM CAN HELP THIS TIME WITH GEORGE! I WAS HOPEING TO POST GOOD NEWS 2DAY ON GEORGES STATIS BUT GEORGE IS STOPTD UP AGAIN SINCE LAST WEEK AN NEED HELP WITH AN EXAM FOR $20 DISCOUNT CUPON FOR HIM AT A DIFFRENT DR I FOUND IN LEMON GROVE NEER ME! IM NOT SURE IF HE WILL NEED AN ENAMA OR SURGERY DEPENDING ON THA OUTCOME OF THA EXAM! IF YOU CAN CALL ME SOON AS U CAN GET A CHANCE I WOULD APRECIATE IT! I REMEMBER SOME OF U HAV A BIG TIME DIFFRENCE WERE YOU LIV THEN OUT HERE MY TIME NOW IS 5PM IF IF NOT 2NITE THAN MABY TOMARROW? MY CELL #IS 619-251-3423 I WILL BE OUT AN ABOUT BUT ITS OK TO CALL ME! IF SOMEONE FROM IMOM WHO CAN CALL ME WOULD BE GREAT IF MORE DETAILD IMFO IS NEEDED! THA NUMBER TO THE CLINIC IS 619-463-0301 AN ITS LEMON GROVE VET HOSPIS IN LEMON GROVE CA I WANT TO MAKE SURE IF IMOM IS ABLE TO HELP AN THEN I CAN MAKE PREPERATIONS TO TAKE GEORGE THERE! :two:

Edited by FBOOKN2011

Hi

I would suggest you email IMOM at gf@imom.org or your caseworker.

Please do not delay- find out what is needed and the cost so IMOM can hopefully help with fundraising for George

Kathy

JUST WANNA UPDATE EVERYONE ON GEORGES STATTIS! HE IS DOING WELL SINCE YESTERDAY! HE HAD AN EXAM AN ENAMA SINCE YESTERDAY AN HAS BEN SHOWING SINES OF PROGRESS! SMALL CREAMY POOPS FROM TIME TO TIME SINCE LAST NITE AN THIS MORNING! THA DOCTOR SAID HE LET OUT SOMETHING AFTER THE MEDICATED ENAMA ASWELL MOSTLY LIQID POOPS! HE IS BACK TO EATING SICE HE GOT HOME AFTER HIS DRS VISIT! SMALL AMONTS OF FOOD AN NO LONGER SEENS LATHARGIC SO IM KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED FOR A BIG NASTY POOP FROM GEORGE! I WANT TO SAY THANX TO JUDY FOR HER HELP AN SUPORT YESTERDAY GEORGE WOULD NOT HAV HAD THE PROGRESS SHOWN TODAY! THANX TO ALL IMOM MEMBERS FOR ALL THE PAST HELP FOR GEORGE THAT HE WOULD NOT BE HERE TODAY! I WILL UPDATE AGAIN THIS WEEKEND IF ANY MORE PROGRESS SHOWN BY GEORGE! EVERYONE HAV A GREAT WEEKEND! :ten:

Erika is the best Mom to George...she really works hard to keep him healthy...If anyone out there has any ideas to help make that happen, please post....the more support and help the better...makes her feel that she is not alone...George is a special boy...

Hi

Please check out this most excellent site for information on this issue

http://felineconstipation.org/

more than you ever wanted to know

I keep butternutsquash baby food around - pumpkin also helps- dose to effect so start with a small amount as needed

Hope you are both doing well

Kathy

Kathy, I will pass this website on to Erika...she really takes good care of her boy...I think she is talking to the vet today...let's hope for a GREAT REPORT...I'll make sure you know what is going on...

THANKS for the information...

GOOD NEWS 4GEORGE IS THAT FOLLOWING HIS MOST RECENT ENAMA GIVEN ON 1/7/15 HE IS COMPLEATLY UNBLOCKED AS OF THURSDAY A SIGAR SIZED HARD POOP AN THAN AGAIN FRIDAY MORNING HE LET OUT A BIG HALF SIGAR SIZED HARD POOP FOLLOED BY DIAREA AN HAS BEN BACK TO COMPLEAT NORMAL EVERSINCE! I APRECIATE THA SUPORT OF JUDY AND THA REST OF THA IMOM TEAM FOR THA SUPORT OF GEORGES RECENT EMERGENCY! I WILL UPDATE AGAIN SOON ON GEORGES MOST RECENT PROGRESS! :ten:

JUST A QUICK UPDATE ON GEORGE! HE CONTINUES TO DO WELL FOLLOWING HIS LAST POST AND IS STILL TAKEING HIS MIRALAX AND LACTOLOSE AND I CONTINUE TO MONITOR HIM AS FOR ANY CHANGES IN HIS POOPING TO TAKE ACTION RIGHT AWAY BUT HE HAS BEN REGULAR EVERSENCE AND HE HAS BEN BACK TO DRINKING WATER ON HIS OWN EVER SINCE! IT WAS A BIG SCARE THIS TIME AROUND AS TO I WASNT SURE IF I WOULD FIND ANY HELP AT ALL FOR HIM AN WAS THINKING THA WORSE THAT PUTTING HIM TO SLEEP WAS GOING TO BE THA LAST ANSWERE IF HIS CONDITION HAD WORSEND! I THANK THA HELP AND SUPORT OF THA IMMOM COMUNITY AND MEMBERS WHO HAVE HELPTED IN THA PAST AN PRESENT WITH REFERALS AND THA INDIVISUAL HELP RECIVED FROM MEMBER JUDY FOR THA LUV AND SUPORT THAT GOT GEORGE PAST THIS LAST ISHUE THAT WOULD HAV EVENTUALLY ENDED HIS LIFE IF NOT GIVEN! I THANK EACH AN EVERY ONE OF U FOR ALL THA LUV AND SUPORT AND ONE DAY I CAN DONATE BACK TO THA IMOM COMUNITY ONE DAY :two: AN REPAY BACK THAT SUPORT!

Edited by FBOOKN2011

JUST A QUICK UPDATE ON GEORGE! HE IS DOING WELL! DURING THIS RECENT HOT WETHER HE EXSPRIENCED A BIT OF DIHIDRATION AN HAD TO DROP HIM DOWN TO WET ONLY 4A SPELL UNTILL HE LET OUT SOFTER POOPS! I TRYED TO GET HIS NEW DR TO PRESCRIBE HIM THA QUANTITY OF LACTOLOSE HIS LAST DR HAD PRECRIBED BUT NO LUCK WIT THAT BECAUSE THA PRESCRIPT HE GAVE WHEN GEORGE WAS LAST SICK WAS ONLY ENOUGH TO LAST A FEW DAYS AN THEY WANTED ME TO PAY AGAIN JUST TO BRING HIM IN 4A NOTHER EXAM AN TO CHANGE THA PRESCRIPT EVEN THOUGH I HAD ALLREADY BROUGHT HIM IN THAT SAME MONTH BUT WAS TOLD DIFFRENT WHAT HE WOULD BE SEEN WITHOUGHT CHARGE IF NTHA SAME MONTH IF 4ANY REASON BY THE OUTHER RECEPTIONYST! THERE UNDER THIS IDEA THAT I HAV HELP AND A VEHICAL AN IT IS EZ TO GET THA MONEYAN GEORGE DOWN THERE OR SOME SORT! SO I DECIDED TO AJUST TO GIV MORE WATER IN HIS FOOD INTAKE WITCH REALY HELPS BUT SOMETIMES EVEN WHEN HE DRINKS WATER ON HIS OWN ASWELL IS STILL NOT ENOUGH WITH THA HOT WEATHER! BUT HE IS DOING FINE NOW AN HAV BEN LETTING OUT POOPS SINCE YESTERDAY THAT ARE GETTN SOFTER AN SOFTER! I WILL TRY TO UPDATE AGAIN SOON! HOPE EVERYONE HAD A GOOD WEEKEND! :four:

WELL THA UPDATE ON GEORGE NOW IS HE IS AGAIN CONSTIPATED AND HIS NEW CURENT DR STILL REFUSES TO MAKE OUT EVEN AN EMERGENCY PRESCRIPT REFILL OF LACTOLOSE FOR GEORGE WITOUT ANOTHER EXAM AN ME NOT HAVN AWAY TO GET HIM THERE IS STILL AN ISHUE AN KNOWS THAT IT IS MORE SIMMPLE TO GIV A PRECRIPT 1ST AN TO BRING HIM IN ONLY IF ITS NOT AFECTIVE!HE RATHER SEE GEORGE GET SICK ENOUGH SO HE CAN MAKE MORE $$$ TO FIX HIM! GEORGES USUAL DOSEGE WAS 420 MLS TO LAST A MONTH BY HIS OLD DOC WHEN HE ONLY PRESCRIBED 30MLS THAT LASTED ON A FEW DAYS WHEN HE WAS EXAMEND! I KNOW THAT SICE HIS LAST UPDATE THE LACTOLOSE WOULD HAV SOLVED HIS CURENT ISHUE BY NOW! HE LET OUT A ROCK HARD SIZED POOP ON SAT EVE LAST BUT I NEED SOME ADVICE FROM ANYONE WHO MAY KNOW IF OVER THE COUNTER REMEDES NOT INCLUDING THE PUMPKIN THAT ARE AFECTIVE AN SAFE FOR CATS! I HERED THAT MINERAL OIL IS SOMETING CATS COULD TAKE ADVICE FROM THA TARGER PHARMACY IS THAT CORRECT CUZ ON GOOGLE IS SAYS NOT TO GIV CATS BY MOUTH SO WITCH DO YOU KNOW IS CORRECT???

Edited by FBOOKN2011