Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

LaurieR

George Vestal

107 posts in this topic

I LOVE the photos of George and Precious...THANK YOU for sharing...

Now...about that poor kitty...Kim had a great idea about contacting your vet and seeing if they can recommend a rescue or shelter or a staff member that can help this kitty out...

Try calling them...if you have the information and know that someone can help in advance half the battle is won...then all that would be involved would be getting the kitty to your house to be safe until they could come and pick it up...

Sounds like a good plan to me...

I am thrilled that George is doing so well...you are such a good Momma...

How about this kitty for your brother? Of course, how could you get it there...Judy

UNFORTUNATELY I SAW THE KITTY AGAIN YESTERDAY AFTER 7:30PM UN MY WAY 2 THE BUS STOP. I WAS HOPEING THE KITTY FINNALY FOUND A HOME. AGAIN 2DAY AROUND 2PM A SAW THE KITTY OCUPYED WITH TWO WORKING CLASS GUYS. I WISH I HAD MY CAM TO PHOTO THE KITTY TO PRINT AN POST PHOTOS AROUND THE ERIA BUT IT WAS NOT A GOOD IDEA TO BRING THE CAM OUT IN THE RAIN. I WILL HAVE TO TRY ON A CLEAR DAY. I WILL UPDATE AGAIN SOON ON THE KITTY. GEORGE IS DOING FINE AND MISS THE PRESENCE OF THE PUPPY. HE HAD SO MUTCH FUN ON VALENTINES DAY.....five.gif

Please see if you can find out whether there are any no-kill rescue groups in your area. Either call the vet office and ask them or do an Internet search. This kitty needs to get off the street before she gets killed by a car, or gets pregnant (if it's an unspayed female), or ends up in the wrong hands. I worry the most about the friendly cats who WILL go to just anyone..........

Sorry if I sound frustrated but I get way too many emails from people who are "concerned" about a stray in their neighborhood but then don't actually follow through to DO anything about it. If you can get this cat to a safe situation where she'll get vetted and have a chance at adoption that would be great.

Where are you located? I'll do a search for you for a no kill shelter in the area or fosters etc that might be able to help you with this kitty.

Melissa

GEORGE IS DOING GREAT AS ALLWAYS. HAVENT SEEN THE STRAY KITTY FOR A WHILE NOW. I HOPE EVERYONES HAD A GREAT WEEKEND AND HERE ARE SOME MORE PICS OF 2011 OF GEORGE AND RUBY! I LIKE TO SHARE WITH EVERYONE...

post-4196-12994580671_thumb.jpg

post-4196-129945818816_thumb.jpg

Edited by ICEMONKEY09

Erika, I don't usually suggest that people call Animal Control, but this might be a case where you have to. They're the only ones with the power to issue a citation if the owner isn't providing adequate care for the puppy. Plus they can do followup visits to check on the puppy's welfare.

GEORGE IS DOIN GREAT! THE PUPY NAMED RUBY I WAS WATCHING FOR MY FREND WHO WAS IN THE HOSPIS WAS SENT TO ANOUTHER HOME YESTERDAY. MY FREND IS GOING IN FOR A LONGER STAY IN REHAB AND I NO LONGER CAN PROVIDE TO CARE FOR HER PUPY ANYLONGER. YESTERDAY THE PUPY INCURED A SINIFICANT AMOUNT OF DAMAGE TO MY BALCONY SCREEN. HOW CAN A SWEET LITTLE POOCH LIKE RUBY DO SO MUTCH DAMAGE. SHE IS IN NEED OF SOMEONE WHO CAN BE HOME OFFTEN TO WATCH HER. I HAVE MORE PICS FOR EVERYONE TO ENJOY.

post-4196-0-93749800-1300852656_thumb.jp

post-4196-0-04102500-1300852730_thumb.jp

post-4196-0-10006900-1300852811_thumb.jp

post-4196-0-63087500-1300852887_thumb.jp

THA LOST PUPY I FOUND ON 3/8 THAT WAS RETURNED TO THE OWNER AND THE DAY AFTER WAS SEEN ON THE ROOFTOP AND NOW YESTERDAY 3/23 WAS LOST AGAIN AND WAS SOON FOUND AFTER. SHE HASNT LEARNED HER LESSEN YET NOW 4THA 3RD TIME LOOSING THA PUPY!!!! I AM SO TEMPTED TO CALL THE HUMAIN SOCIETY ON HER. I FINALY RECIVED A NEW SCREEN TODAY AFTER THE NUMBER THAT THE PUPY RUBY DID ON IT AND IT LOOKS GREAT! I WAS LUCKY I GOT IT SO SOON CAUSE ITS GOING TO HEAT UP AGAIN SOON AND GEORGE AN PRECIOUS WILL NEED THE EXTRA VENTALATION. I FOUND OUT THAT RUBY IS DOING WELL AT HER NEW RESIDENCE WERE SHE WILL BE FOR THE TIME BEING UNTILL HER MOMI IS OUT THE HOSPIS. SHE HAS ANOUHTER PUPY THAT LIVES THERE SHE PLAYS WITH AND A YARD TO POOP AN PP WHEN SHE NEEDS TO GO OUT. IT WAS NOT AN EASY DECISION TO HAVE HER REMOVED FROM MY HOME AFTER THE INCIDENT BUT I FEEL AN APT IS NO PLACE FOR A DOG IF YOUR NOT GOING TO BE HOME ENOUGH TO WALK AND GIV IT THE ATENTION IT NEEDS. I WAS ALLYWAYS ON THE MOVE LOOKING FOR WORK ETC UNTILL MY FREND ASKED ME TO BABYSIT RUBY FOR A DAY AND WHEN SHE WAS ADMITTED INTO THE HOSPIS THAT SAME DAY AN FOR OVER TWO TO TREE WEEKS WAS NOT AGREED TO BABYSIT RUBY THAT LENTH OF A TIME. I DO NOT HAVE A VEHICAL TO BRING HER EVERYWERE. I COULDNT BRING HER WITH ME THAT DAY AND HAD TO LEAVE HER AT MY RESIDENCE UNTILL I GOT BACK. WHAT A MISTAKE THAT WAS. IM JUST GLAD SHE IS DOING OK. I HAVE BEN KEEPING NTOUCH ON HER PROGRESS SINCE HER RELOCTION. I HOPE FOR EVERYONE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!! :five:

post-4196-0-98674100-1301021027_thumb.jp

post-4196-0-55403300-1301021114_thumb.jp

GLAD 2B BACK ONLINE. KEPPN IT SHORT! STILL HAVING PC ISHUES FROM TIME 2TIME GEORGE IS DOING GREAT! PUT DOWN FRESH CAT NIP TODAY. BOTH KITTYS ARE ENJOYING. I HOPE EVERYONE IS DOING WELL. WILL B UDATEING AGAIN SOON!!!

post-4196-0-36813600-1302749674_thumb.jp

I received an email from Erika and she has no Internet access at her home right now and can't get to the library as often as she'd like...she also had problems trying to log into IMOM so she sent me a message to post...what a nice girl...here it is:

"SORRY THE IMOM COMUNITY HAST HEARD FROM ME IN SOMETIME NOW. I HAVE NO HOME ENTERNET RIGHT NOW AN I GET TO THE LIBRARY NOT OFTEN BUT TODAY I CANNOT ACCESS MY PASSWORD OR FORGOT MY ACCNT NFO. I WILL TRY AGAIN 2MORROW TO ACCESS IT. IF YOU CAN PASS ALONG 4ME GEORGE IS DOING GREAT AS ALLWAYS AN HELLOW 2 EVERYONE"

I am so glad that George is doing well...and Erika is such a good Mom...Judy

Hi

Send me your pharmacy information and I will pay for his prescription over the phone. I have a target card if that makes any difference...they should do it but ask first.

Send the information to:

loveferals@yahoo.com

Put IMOM in the title so I don't miss it. ..or just send me a pm

Kathy

Erika...I am so happy that you were able to find George's medicine for $4.00 at Walmart...you know, that's why we are here...to help...know that you can always ask and we will try our best to see if we can help...

You take such good care of George...be proud...some people would just give up...you don't...George has a great Momma...Judy

HI Ericka,

I got both your messages. I got home late last night. Some out of towners moved into the dinky apartment on the alley where some of my cats eat and immediately started trouble. Wait until they what kind of neighborhood they moved into...night falls and the drug deals, etc start...I hope they move out soon. Anyway, trying to get the kitties fed with a minimum of problems.

Got home and another crisis with a friend's cat.

I am happy you got it from Walmart for $4.00.. Here in Florida they put out $10 coupon for new prescriptions. Maybe there is more competition.

I will try to check with you later on

Kathy

YAY Erika...you are such a good Mom to George...

I am so glad you were able to find his medicine...and for a GOOD PRICE...

Keep up the good work...we like it so when the people keep us posted on how their pets are doing and you've been so good about that...THANKS, Judy

Erika...THANKS for the great update...it's funny how pet Moms always worry about poop issues...I had to smile at what you wrote...

It is a good thing when George has a good poop...that's what we all want!! Judy

Glad to hear George is doing well. keep up the great Momma work and give George a pat for me. I am glad you found good supports here with Judy and all the IMOM family.

Have a great weekend

Erika...sending you Happy Birthday wishes... :bdayrose: Enjoy the day with your kitties...hoping this is the best birthday ever...Judy

Erika is having trouble getting to a computer but managed to send me an email with an update about George...here is what she wrote...let's all send positive thoughts that things get better for George quickly...

"On the 17th sun i had a family emergency to the hospis an was gone for 2 days that left me not only stuck at the hospis but knowone reliable to give george his meds till i got back home. Upon my return i realised george was having difficulty pooping. I finely were able to get him into the Dr.today and will have to bring him back again tomorrow for an emana. George was seen by Dr. Dekert Paws has called in $85+$30 today and $49+30 on the previous week for the visit toget his Xam+food wit only $200 in there budget i hope there is nomore cost they will reqire"

Sending positive thoughts and prayers for today for George. Judy

I received this email from Erika and she asked me to post as she doesn't have a computer at home right now and is trying to use her phone which is giving her trouble also...

But, the good news is!!!!! George pooped...IMOM angels, please continue praying that George can work this problem out himself so his Momma doesn't have to stress and worry...

Here's what Erika wrote...

"When i got back home from the library george let out several nice size poops! Then again after 9:30pm. i will Be keepin a close eye on him over the next few days an if he is still letting them out by thurs then he wont have to return to the vet. There were atleast three big marbal size ones sofar+normal size ones. I take it to be good news. This was the same result when he was ok befor after an emana:) i will again keep you updated on his progress! Can U please also post this to my imom page! I willnot have access to a computer tomarrow to post the good news on george:) thank you again!"

Here's some good news from Erika...let's hope George keep things up!!!

"I got more miralax for him. It will help him.he poopted out a bit more this morning . He still has more to go! Hes just resting right now. It was a long night for him. The amount of poop let out appears to be the blockage nolonger! They didnt do a good job on cleaningup his backside at the vet so i will be cleaning his backside today myself:) i will update again Soon! thank you for the offered help. I will let you know if anything comesup. Just giving him wet food an miralax and the lactolose right now.a good amount is left still. Not mixing wit dry yet untill he is back to normal! Hes still letting out soft poop right now an thats a good sign:) if its no trouble can you also post this message for me until i can get to a computer to post on imom myself. I will beable to get to the library on friday. Thank you again for all the support:)"

Lactulose is dose to effect so too much will give the opposite of what you are trying to handle (as you found out)...Did you ever think you would get so excited about George's bathroom habits? You know you're in love with your kitty when you get excited about poops

Kathy

Erika,

If you have a family emergency like that again, and you can't take George with you, please post and let us know. I would be willing to pay to board him at your vet's so he can get his meds, and I bet a couple other people would pitch in too. George seems to be doing really well as long as he gets his meds, and we'd hate to see him have a setback again because you had to go away unexpectedly.

Hugs to your boy! :kittydrinking:

Edited by Kim

Erika,

I wanted to say ....

Oops-Happy-Belated-Birthday.jpg

Sorry I am late. :blush: I knew it was in the summer - I just got a tad confused with all this hot, humid weather we've been having !!!!! :P

So glad that Georgge is doing better. Yep, you "know" how much you love your kitty when you get so excited over their 'poop habits'.

I have issues with my kitty - but the opposite now. Giving him stuff so he won't have diarrhea with his meds, as he has become sensitive to nearly everything. It's difficult I know.

Give the kitties cuddles for me; and I'm sending you :hugs: and love, not just for your Birthday, but EVERY day !!!!!! God bless you all.

Sending ALL of ou LOVE,

Donna and 'The Bandit' :wub:

:felineicon:

:heart: :heart:

THANK YOU! LUV THE PIC OF THE KITTY! HE IS SO FUNNY LOOKN! I MUST LOG OFF NOW BUT I WILL UPDATE AGAIN SOON!!!

Erika,

I wanted to say ....

Oops-Happy-Belated-Birthday.jpg

Sorry I am late. :blush: I knew it was in the summer - I just got a tad confused with all this hot, humid weather we've been having !!!!! :P

So glad that Georgge is doing better. Yep, you "know" how much you love your kitty when you get so excited over their 'poop habits'.

I have issues with my kitty - but the opposite now. Giving him stuff so he won't have diarrhea with his meds, as he has become sensitive to nearly everything. It's difficult I know.

Give the kitties cuddles for me; and I'm sending you :hugs: and love, not just for your Birthday, but EVERY day !!!!!! God bless you all.

Sending ALL of ou LOVE,

Donna and 'The Bandit' :wub:

:felineicon:

:heart: :heart:

YAY George...keep up the good poops so your Mom stays happy...she worries about you so...YAY Erica...you're such a good Mom to Geroge...THANKS for always keeping us posted and especially with good news...Judy