Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

LaurieR

George Vestal

107 posts in this topic

Hi, Erika,

I visited the Libby's website and here's what they say about their pumpkin products:

"Having Trouble Finding Libby's Pumpkin? Due to poor weather conditions last fall, our pumpkin harvest was smaller than we expected. This is why you may be having difficulty finding Libby's Pumpkin. Unfortunately, we will continue to be in short supply until our next harvest in the fall. Early in the harvest last year, it looked like we would have plenty of pumpkin, but Mother Nature had other plans for us. The heavy rains throughout the harvest have made it nearly impossible to pick our pumpkins. That's because tractors and other equipment were not able to move through the saturated fields. We hope she's better to us this season, giving us a little less rain and a lot more sunshine because we are already planning to plant even more acres of pumpkins."

It might be possible for you to purchase Libby's pumpkin from online stores:

http://www.google.co...bby%27s+pumpkin

All best,

Michele

I am so happy that George is still doing so well...hoping his morning problem is just a bump in the road...sending you and George best wishes for a wonderful Holiday week end...thank you for keeping us posted on how George is doing...you take SUCH GOOD CARE OF HIM! Judy

Erika, it's great to read that George is doing so well. It really makes my day to read your updates.

Please give George some pets for me!

Hi my thoughts are with you my Darla had a subtotal colenectomy in October for her megacolon and I know it can be hard and frustrating. I hope all goes well with your baby.

Dayna

just some thoughts i'm sure your vet told you but just in case:

wet food is better it has more water in it then dry food

my kitty ended up on lactulose, cisapride, and golytle (instead of miralax it is what they give to people prior to a colonoscopy) itis a powder that for peole you mix with water and drink for kitties you mix a small amount of powder with food. Those 3 medications when we found the right dosages for darla worked wonders for about a year. Also make sure that the doctor looked at the xrays post enema and made sure there was no back or hip problems becasue pain can prevent them from using the litter box. Good luck it definetly is a balancing act.

dayna

ten.gifTHANK YOU. IM STILL STUGGLING FOR THE RIGHT FOMULA TO MAKE SHURE GEORGE STAYS REGULAR. TODAY HIS POOP WAS FIRMER THAN THE LAST AND SHOULD BE SOFTER THEN THE LAST SO I PUT HIM BACK ON THE MIRLAX TWICE PERDAY AND BACK ON THE LACTOLOSE TREE TIMES PER DAY FOR NOW, THEN TRY ANOUTHER FORMULA A FEW DAYS AFTER. I HOPE DARLA IS DOING OK CURENTLY. MY THOUGHTS ARE WITH YOU AND DARLA. LOVEING BLESSINGS EVERYONE....

Hi Erika, I'm glad that things are going so well with George. It sounds like you are starting to figure out the correct balance of medication and food. I knew it would probably take some time but it sounds like you're almost there.

Please give George some gentle pets from all of his friends here at IMOM.

Erika...I just love your posts...you take such good care of George...and it's such a pleasure to know that you love him so....THANKS!

What a wonderful birthday present - to have George at your side...Hugs, Judy

I'm so happy that George is doing so well. I'm sure it's because he has such a wonderful and caring mom!

:magicmoon:

Erika, I love reading such happy updates! It puts a huge smile on my face to think of George being his silly, playful self. And it is really great that you have figured out the right balance between his food and medications. I am glad that George is there with you to give you lots of birthday love on July 16.

I love reading about George! He sounds so adorable. I can just see him rubbing up against people and rolling over for belly rubs :catwatching:

:bdayrose: to George's Mom!!!

I hope that George and you have a WONDERFUL DAY together...and ENJOY!!

I know that you said having George well and happy was one of your wishes for a happy birthday...and I just know that George is going to have another GREAT DAY...thanks to you...you're a great Mom, Erika...keep up the good work...

Looking forward to another great post that all is well at your house...Judy

Hi Erika !!!!!

I wanted to stop in and say ~ ~

162m9k.jpg

Sorry I'm tardy .... :blush: Been having connection problems with my DSL and modem.

I'm SO happy you had your sweet George - happy and healthy - with you to celebrate your special day !!!! (And Precious too ;) )

Have been checking in on you and George whenever I can -- and it's good to read all is going well at your house !!! My kitty, also known as my BBB [big Beautiful Boy - all 20 pounds of him], Bandit, is a PIN here with IMOM, in the Section: Pets With Chronic Ongoing Illnesses.

And Bandit got a 'friend' to help him say .....

azayc9.jpg

to you !!!!!

George is very lucky to have such a great mama !!!! Y'all take extra special good care of each other !!! And, we 'both' hope you and George have a wonderful, healthy, and blessed rest of the week !!!!

Hugs, Love, and Purrs ~

Donna and 'The Bandit' :wub:

:felineicon:

:heart: :heart:

I just want to thank you for keeping everyone updated on George, you and the rest of your family. It's so nice to come here to see that all is well and you all are happy.

Our kitty, Mongo starts roaming around all most every morning at 4 am...we have tried everything...nothing stops him...so...we listen to him meow as long as we can and then we get up...I know that's the wrong thing to do, but we get up at 5 am for work all week so I guess he's just in a routine and doesn't care if we don't go to work on the week end...

So glad to see that George is doing really well...you are such a good Mom...Judy

Erika...just wanted you to know that I am so happy to know that George is still having SUCH GOOD DAYS...it sure helps that you are such a good Mom...

coming to read about you and George is one of my favorite things to do...I don't always get to post so I do want to drop you a note every once in awhile to let you know that even though I don't post often I read what you write all the time...

I too have to buy Libby's pumpkin for my girl, Gracie...she is our rescue collie and she has stomache problems and has diarrhea off and on and pumpkin helps with that. I didn't have any trouble getting it until this last time...I always have a spare can in the cupboard...not last week...and there is no Libby's pumpkin to be found...I saw what you wrote and I guess I'll have to keep searching until the fall harvest...

Did your friend find a home for her kitty? I feel so bad when that has to happen...I can't imagine it...

Take care and hugs to you all, Judy

Erika, as a kitty mom who lives with a cat who has chronic constipation problems, I absolutely understand how great it is to come home and find a very large and stinky pile in the catbox. :bravo:

So glad to read that George is doing well. Please give him some kisses for me.

Hey Erica...hoping that George has gone poopy...I know it worries you when he doesn't...

By the way, I wanted you to know that I found LIBBY'S PUMPKIN at our Walmart last week end. I couldn't believe it. I haven't been able to find any for quite some time now...so, I'm guessing the pumpkins have been harvested and the shortage is over...

Hoping you are able to find it now also...

I was wondering if I could freeze it as it goes bad after awhile...I haven't checked that out...might be a possibility.

Again, THANKS for keeping us all posted on you and George...you are such a good Mom...Judy

Heat does take alot out of animals...I think they know that they need to rest and not over work themselves...especially older animals, they are SO WISE...

Hoping George went potty and all is well...you are such a GOOD MOM...Thanks for keeping us all updated on how you and George are doing. Judy

I am trying to send you a PM message and your message box is full. If you go into your PM messages and delete your old messages then I can write...

I hope that George is still doing OK without his prescription food...please keep us posted...Judy

five.gifTO EVERYONE AT IMOM I FINALLY GOT A CHANCE TO FREEUP SOME OF MY OLD POST. SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG BECAUSE I KNOW ALOT OF YOU HAD A HARD TIME REACHING ME. GEORGE IS STILL DOING FINE ON HIS DIET CHANGE AND POOPING NORMAL DAYLY. I HOPE FOR EVERYONE TO HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND.

Hello Erica ~

Glad to read that George and you are doing so well !!!! :)

I think whenever it was that either Judy, or Laurie/IMOM, had mentioned to you that they had difficult time reaching you . . . What happened was --- They were trying to get through to you via your PM's - PRIVATE MESSAGES; And they were FULL !!! ~ That means you would have to clear something from either your IN BOX or your SENT BOX ~ ~ NOT DELETING POSTS from "GEORGE'S" Thread. Does this makes sense ??

I KNOW it can be very confusing. I hope I have cleared this up for you.

Please, give George LOTS of tummy rubs, snuggles and lovin' from his Auntie Donna !!!!!

Sending Hugs, Love, and Purrs to you ~

:heart::heart:

Sending Happy Thanksgiving wishes to you and George...

I am wondering if I can donate some of George's prescription food to him as an early Christmas present...I would love to do that for him...Let me know and I"ll be glad to make arrangements for that to happen...

I hope that you will have a wonderful Holiday...Judy

Oh Erica, I am so sorry to read of the passing of your brother's kitty, Angel. I know he must truly be hurting and missing her terribly. :broken_heart: I hope and pray her passing to Rainbow Bridge was a peaceful one ~ and now will continue to live in his heart and special memories. :animcndc_sm:

I am glad that you, George and Precious had a good Thanksgiving. Take extra special good care of each other; stay warm and cuddly; and have a good weekend. Give George (and Precious) some special pets and kisses from me. 'The Bandit' sends lots of chatty meows and head butts.

Hugs, Love, and Purrs to you all ~

:heart: :heart:

Erika, isn't that just the sweetest story...George is quite the fella...It's OK that Precious was alittle nervous about a puppy coming to the house...I think she did pretty darn well considering...

Our dogs and cats get along...that's about the only rule we have at our house...everyone that lives here must get along...cat or dog...and sometimes it's alittle work to make them all understand that...

Over time the most cats we've had was 4 with one dog...then 2 dogs and three cats with 2 outside...and now 2 dogs and 1 cat...When we got our collie Gracie she had no clue as to what a cat was, but being a collie she just walked in and accepted things as they were...Rylee and Mongo on the other hand are best buddies and they play all the time...Gracie is alittle to dignified to play with the cat...so that's Rylee's job...

From the sounds of it you had a nice Christmas...wishing you and yours all the best for 201...peace, health and happiness...Judy

Can you take the stray cat home temporarily and post signs in your neighborhood, to see if it's a lost pet? Most people looking for their cat wouldn't think to look on YouTube or Facebook. You can also file a Found Cat report at your local Animal Control facility -- that's where most people would check for a lost pet.

If no one claims the cat, is there a no-kill shelter or rescue group in your area?

IM NOT SHURE IF THEY HAVE A NO KILL SHELTER.

Is your vet in the same area as the stray cat? Why don't you ask them if they work with any rescue groups who might take the cat and give it a chance for adoption (in other words, they won't kill it after a certain # of days). Someone (vet, shelter) should also check the cat for a microchip to make sure she doesn't belong to someone.