Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tracy IMOM

Tucker and Justice Van Allen - part 8

7,623 posts in this topic

What a little stinker Tuckie is. And really smart too. I had such a good laugh at him rubbing on the stairs until the collar came off. I'm so glad you found one that will work better for him.

If you want email me that picture of him in his jammies and I'll see if I can make it lighter for you. I can't wait to see it, its got to be priceless.

Way to go Justice 2 weeks, keep it going. I'm so glad the weather has turned around and the boys can enjoy the weather outside. Riley was out until 10pm the other night. He just loves to be outside when its nice out.

Please Angels, can't you help Justice out. He needs our help and his mom would be devastated if he couldn't get his meds and became more sick. Every little bit counts so even if its just a one time donation, it will help toward his meds to keep him with his mom and brother.

just a quick update today.

Tuck continues to have some mild CP's, but is doing OK.

Justice will hopefully be at 15 days later.

Hi Deb, Riley must really enjoy being out if he didn't come in until 10pm. LOL.

The puppers are usually napping in the evening.

We have storms coming, hope u don't get them! hugs to everyone!

Thanks so much angels!!

Justice is at FIFTEEN DAY'S!!!

=====J :icecream5: :icecream5: :icecream5::turtle3: =====

Tuck is having some harshness with his breathing. This happened last week when it was rainy and damp--and it's rainy and damp now. Otherwise he is doing OK.

Thanks so much angels!!

Justice is at FIFTEEN DAY'S!!!

=====J :icecream5::icecream5::icecream5::turtle3: =====

Tuck is having some harshness with his breathing. This happened last week when it was rainy and damp--and it's rainy and damp now. Otherwise he is doing OK.

Thanks so much angels!!

yeaaaaa for justice!! wonderful news!! sending you love and pupster energy tucker!! hoping you get some sunshine and dry that dampness out of the air!

shawn

FIFTEEN DAYS AND COUNTING!!!! Hoooooooooraaaaaayyyyy!!! Way to go Justie!!!!

I'm so sorry I haven't been here lately to cheer the boys on. But I know you understand. It's been tough, but I know it's all part of life and there's nothing I can do about it except try to get through one day at a time.

Oh Tuckie... that was quite a picture I formed in my mind when you talked about how he managed to get out of that e-collar. What a smart little stinker he is. I feel so bad for him having to wear it for such a long time, but... like you said... at least he can't get out of that one.

As far as his "jammie" bottoms (I "do" want to see a pic of that)... have you tried maybe tying a piece of ribbon around the top of them so they don't slide off? or maybe tightening the elastic on the top of them just a little? I could send you one of Mike's belly bands to see if it would help hold them up. I don't know if they would be too big for him or not.. Mike was 25 pounds, and the bands were size large but they didn't really seem like a large (no idea what people with really large dogs would do). Let me know if you'd like to try it. Then of course........ there's always duct tape ... my resolution to every problem (just kidding...).

Another thing... I'm wondering... Is Flovent strictly for allergies or is it for asthma? And is it like albuterol? The reason I ask is that I have quite a few refills available on my albuterol inhaler, and if check with the doc and see if Tuck could use it, I'll get a refill for you and send it to you. Let me know.

Give the boys some extra hugs for me. I'm holding all the pups I can as close as possible lately, and they're warmth really brings me comfort.

Love You Guys,

Joanna, Angel Mike & Gidget

Go Justice go go go go :motimonkey:

and sending :hugs: for Tuck....

storms are coming. hope the boys stay safe and healthy through them !!

The boys are doing OK. It's very rainy today, so everyone is just kind of being lazy.

Tuck is still having some mild partial seizures. His breathing is still a bit harsh, but I am finding this is happening on rainy damp days.

Justice just came inside-it sarted raining again.

I hope this eve he will be at 16 days!

Hi Shawn, looks like no drying out for a few days here in Ohio...<sigh> I hope it's all sunny in ur neck of the woods. I guess Oliver must be back in school now. Not long before Summer vacation!

Hugs to all!!

Hi Jo, Aw thanks for checking on us--I know what a tough time u and Gidget are having.

LOL, Tuckie is a smart little stinker for sure. Thanks for the britches falling down suggestions. The elastic is very thick, and getting a needle thru is near impossible for me, but that and the ribbon suggestion made me wonder if I could use a strip of velcro totally around his tummy below the elastic band. Hmmmm, well since I don't have any long velcro strips right now, what I am going to try is putting a couple shoestrings from a hole I will cut in the pants to his collar. At least I will experiment.

Aw, thanks too for the offer of the belly band and albuterol. Tuck is just 16 lbs--but that did also make me think velcro for holding his britches up. Tuck may eventually use Theophylline, but not albuterol--I know for certain becuz I asked if he could ue any of my inhalers I have for asthma--but she said just Flovent.

Apparently dogs don't really get asthma (cat's do)--the cardio told me why, and I totally don't remember what she said (don't remember much of what she said that day). When I was getting so frustrated by the e-collar (it's really hard for epi's to wear an e-collar--at least for Tuck it is!), I finally said I was going to use duct tape! LOL. Great minds. hehehe.

Thanks for holding the boys close--I am glad it helps u feel better--and it helps them too!!

I am holding u and Gidget close to my heart. Big hugs!

Hi Michelle, I hope no bad storms hit u today. It looks like we may be getting some soon. The wind has picked up dramatically. We have had rain almost all day--sometimes sprinkles, other times it is pouring.

I hope the kids are doing OK with the weather. Thinking of all of u!!

Hugs

Thanks so very much angels!!

Cindy, so glad to hear--16 days is a great stretch!

I know the weather can make you feel blah, it makes you not want to get out of bed sometimes! Hang in there friends, we are praying you guys are fully sponsored again soon! Hug the boys from me! Tammy & Reece

Justice is at SIXTEEN DAY'S!!!

====J :icecream5: :icecream5: :icecream5::1icecream::turtle3: ====

The boys are sleeping. Tuckie has his britches on. LOL. We hooked his pants with a shoe string loosely to his collar, and they aren't falling off any more. Now the issue will be if David can get them back on him, if he is the one that lets him out. It's like putting britches on a squirming 2 year old! He is fine once they are on--but boy, he goes nuts trying to put the e-collar or the britches on him!

Hi Tammy, thanks for the good wishes of Justice being fully sponsored again!

Glad Reece is doing so well!! hugs!!!

Thanks so much angels!

Please angels, Justice needs his seizure medications. We can get him one of them (thanks so very, very much to his angels), but will not be able to get the full second Rx --he needs them both. If anyone can sponsor him for $5 or more, it will help my little guy. He needs $64/month more of sponsorship to get his seizure meds.

Thanks so much to all Justie's anges and Tuck's angels.

Justice is a STINKER!!! :motimonkey::pp_animal_568:

The puppers had all been outside. I came downstairs and saw Tuckie had a brown muddy nose. I asked where Justie was, and David said he didn't come in with the others. I said "uh oh!" If Tuck had a muddy nose, and he follows his little bro around...Justice will be...well...very muddy. So, David went to the front door calling Justice, and I am at the sliding glass door. David came in the family room and said he didn't know where Justice went. I told him I did...he came to the sliding door when David called. I pointed at the door and said "UH! OH!" There was a little brown dog standing there (Justice is normally black). I looked at David and said, well, at least he is feeling better. LOL.

Tuckie still has some off and on harsh breathing. His cardio will be out of town the next couple weeks, so I called just to make sure there isn't something else I need to do. I'm sure it will be just to continue the antibiotic, but we'll see.

Tracy emailed me and let me know that Justice has sponsor (s) for $25!!!!!

Thank u sooo very much for helping my little guy, and becoming a part of his angel huddle keeping him safe. You have no idea how much it means to me that u are using ur hard earned money to help Justice. Bless you!!!!

We have been so blessed that so many (some for years!!) have been using their very hard earned money to keep my boys as seizure free as possible.

We love u all!!!

Now, to be fully sponsored Justice needs $38!!!!

Thanks so much angels!!!!

Justice is a STINKER!!! :motimonkey::pp_animal_568:

:roll: LOL! Yes, he certainly is. Cindy, that story cracked me up. Although I'm sure the clean-up was no fun...ya gotta love the mischievious boys :)

I'm so glad that Justice is still on a very long train! :motimonkey: I hope Tuckie can join him soon.

Oh, thank you for posting that Justice's new need for full sponsorship is another $38/month I was planning to do it last nite but forgot... sorry :((

I hope all 3 of you have a WBD!!!

:hugs:

Tracy, and Cody in spirit :heart::stripekitty::animcndc_sm:

Tuckie is at ONE DAY!!!

===============T :1icecream::turtle: ===============

Justice is at SEVENTEEN DAY'S!!!

===J :icecream5: :icecream5: :icecream5::icecream2::turtle3: ===

The boys are snoozing.

I spoke with the cardio tech, and the cardio is extending Tuck's antibiotic until she sees him (he was at first spose to be on it 3 weeks, then 4 weeks...now 5 weeks). Poor baby! Thank goodness for Walmarts $4 prescriptions! I can put him in a steamy bathroom if he sounds really tight. If he seems really distressed, she said I should call and take him in for another arterial blood gas-to make sure he is circulating enough oxygen.

Hi Tracy, yessiree that Justice is back to being Justice!!! :banana:

Can u believe he did it again??? David was letting the puppers out in the big yard, and I asked if he saw where Justice got so muddy, and he said no, but he would look in a few minutes. I went upstairs, and a few minutes later, I looked out my different windows. The last window I looked out from--dirt was flying, and I mean flying! Yes, my little boy did not put it together that --if I get muddy/dirty I have to get a bath, and maybe I don't want to do that twice in one day. OH, NO--he went all out for 2 baths today.

For some reason, Carol didn't find it amusing--all she looked at was the muddy footprints on the carpet when David let him inside. She said she is glad he is back to normal...but told Justice not to do it again (I KNOW he didn't listen!!).

I hope u are doing OK...

big hugs!

Thanks so much angels!!!

laughing024.gif That is hysterical Justice, you sure are feeling better. I'm so happy that you feel like digging in the dirt.

Its so great to see dual trains and I hope that Tuckies breathing gets better. Good idea on the steam that should help him a lot

And wonderful news on the sponsor I know there will be more coming along soon. Thank you so much to the new Angel who is helping my buddy Justice out. hug.gif

Hey Cindy... sorry I haven't been on much... or rather posted much recently... things have been a bit off here... but I do make a point of trying to check on the boys at least once a day... I have to rush as Nikita has a vet appointment this morning to get re-splinted and staples removed... but I had to post to say congrats on the sponsor!!! and on the boys doing well... I am so happy to hear that... it's hearing stuff like that, that helps me get through the crazy days!!! I am really happy for you all!

Shawn and fam :banana:

Oh My Gosh... I'm just picturing this little brown dog at your sliding door... happy as a clam and sooooooooo proud of his accomplishments. :pp_animal_556: I'm just so glad he's feeling better. AND........ both boys on the train... WHOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!! Keep it up guys... you're doing great.

It sounds like the steam is helping Tuckie a lot. I'm glad you thought of it. I'm praying that he gets better and better every day. I know how hard it is for both of you. I wish there was something I could do to help.

THANK YOU SO MUCH NEW SPONSOR!!! Only $38 more to go... PLEASE, if anyone else can pull it off... we know how hard it is nowadays, but even $5 or $10 a month would be such a help. I wish I were in a position to help... I really do, but all I could do at this point is just pray for the angels to come through for Justie.

I had something else weird happen yesterday morning. I think Mike has learned to use Heaven's computer. It's way too much to type here, so if you get a chance, check out his blog.

Sending Prayers For You Guys Every Day!!!

Love & Blessings,

Joanna, Angel Mike & Miss Gidget

Hi everyone,

Justice received a one-time donation of $38 today to help with his next med order! :banana: Thank you angel for looking out for this sweet boy :magicmoon:

OMG, Cindy, I can just imagine the dirt flying! LOL!! Justie must have wanted multiple baths in one day - or he was just not thinking about baths at all and was just being a stinker. I vote for the latter ;)

I'm hanging in there...missing my boy very much, but glad I have IMOM PIN's like the boys, and others, to enjoy, and to help out in some small way.

:hugs: to you and the boys. Stay on those trains, kids!!

Tracy, and Cody in spirit :heart::stripekitty::animcndc_sm:

Tuckie was restless, and had some coughing during the night. It's the first time he has coughed when he hasn't been playing. We went into the steamy bathroom again during the night.

Thankfully he didn't break thru with any seizures-so I hope he is at 2 and Justice at 18 tonight!!

Hi Deb, it was so good seeing Justice digging yesterday. I know he has been feeling better every day--but to dig...well...Justie's baaackk! Like I said though--Carol was not amused--especially today, when she saw the hole. :glare: I can't say I blame her since the riding mower will get stuck in it. I want to get a pic of tmw (it's been raining today).

Hugs to u and the kids!!

Hi Shawn, I am sooo glad Nikita got a great report at the vet today-and a brand spanking new splint (or at least bandage under it).

I hope life is getting somewhat back to normal. I know it will take time with Martin. But it must be nice in a way to have Oliver back in school, and hopefully u got ur paper done! Hugs to all!

Hi Jo, LOL. You have it right--Justice was at the door looking quite proud of himself having dirt/mud all over him. Today I let him outside, and I watched to see if he ran down the hill toward the front like everyone else did. Now the recent hole is where u can't see it, unless u go to one edge of the deck--so he is well hidden (except I can also see it from one of my windows upstairs--what a picture it would have been if someone had a camera on my face when I first looked out and saw him.lol). Anyway, today he didn't run to the front. I waited abt 1 minute and went out to look over the deck. Yup, he was just starting again. I told him to "leave it!" and he was a good boy and walked away. I went out abt 5 minutes later and he was near it, but not digging. nancy went out abt 10 min later and he was at the hole, but sniffing. She told him to "leave it" and he walked away again. Now if only I could have a little box saying "leave it" every 5 minutes, we would be fine. LOL.

Interesting abt the pic and ur computer--ya just never know!!!! Mike is all around!! I hope Gidget is feeling better. I know u said she is quieter and more well mannered--maybe it will stay (except we don't want depression staying!). I am glad u have her to snuggle with now. big hugs to u both!

Hi Tracy, thanks so much for letting us know abt the one-time donation for $38!!!

I am glad u are 'hanging in there', and that it helps being with ur PIN kids!

Big hugs!!!

THANK YOU to the donor who made a one-time donation of just the amount Justice needs, in order for me to order his seizure meds on Friday. I wasn't sure what I was going to do. I figured that I just wouldn't be able to get Tuck's Flovent in a couple weeks. Last night while in the steamy bathroom, with Tuck having breathing problems, I was in tears thinking I will have to make a decision between the boys of what to get. I said prayers and tried to just put positive thoughts out to the universe as me and Tuck climbed back into bed...and here u are--an answer to my prayers for this month.

Bless you!! Bless Justice's recent sponsors! Bless Justice's sponsors and one time donors who have been with us through this journey, and of course Blessings to all Tuckie's sponsors and one time donors!

You ALL have made a little puppers mommy very happy!

We are having thunder, so must go.

Thanks again so much to all the angels (sponsors, donors, moral supporters--everyone)--of course every single one of u is an angel!

Tuckie is at TWO DAY'S!!!

===============T :icecream2::turtle: ==============

Justice is at EIGHTEEN DAY'S!!!

===J :icecream5: :icecream5: :icecream5::icecream3::turtle3: ===

Tucker has figured out a way to get to the stitches on his thigh while in the e-collar!! :wacko: Abt 30 minutes ago, I put Bitter Apple around (not on) the incision--which BTW had a great scab and was healing well, and now has parts of it open-like the day of surgery! :angry: I will put his britches back on him if I have to--but I know David would never be able to get them off and on Tuck (those of u with experience with squirming 2 year olds will understand!). So, I am hoping the e-collar with the Bitter Apple will deter him. He is making me crazy--and he has 13 days left-at least-- before the sutures come out. I thought abt just taking the e-collar off since he is getting to the suture area now--but it takes a little effort to get at it--so I will leave it, and keep using the Bitter Apple--and pray he leaves it alone!

He is sound asleep all curled up. He has nothing on except Bitter Apple right now, becuz he will stay with me all eve, and I can watch him. He did try one lick right after I put the Bitter Apple on him--and if he could talk he would have said -yuck!!!!

Justice is looking out the window for the 2 LBK's--the puppers go nuts when they see the barn kitties on "their property". But with the rain, the kitties are staying in the barn with the horses.

Thanks so very, very much angels! The boys are making me a bit crazy--Justice with digging, and Tuck licking and opening part of his surgery area. But without the sponsors and one time donors, I would have no little boys to drive me crazy! That would be a very sad day, that I don't ever want to think abt.

Thank u everyone!

**edit to add--the Bitter Apple didn't work... <sigh>

Edited by k9sign

congrats to the boys for dual trains!!!!!! yipppiee!!! Nikita is in her e-collar full time now.. she looks like a big blue morning glory!!!

I am always amazed at the ingenious ways those puppers we love can find to get around the things we use to keep them safe or out of trouble!!!!

love and happiness continue to come your way

Shawn

When I say "leave it" to Riley he laughs at me, and Jake is doing really good at it in training but if his prey drive is high the ear plugs are in. I'm so glad Justice is digging though or wanting to, that means he's feeling so much better and that is what we want. I'm sure Carol wasn't amused but I have to say I was (of course I didn't have to clean the carpet either)

Tuckie what a little stinker. I'm sure it is itching though and that is why he is trying to get at it. There is this stuff I used to get from my vet called Dermacool and it helped relieve the itching which made them leave it alone. Also if you have some anti-itch cream, with hydrocortisone, that would help too. Poor little guy I can understand his determination, I hate it when I have an itch I can't reach.

I am so glad to see dual trains, long may they run. and so glad both boys are feeling better, what a relief and I hope that you are feeling better too.

Both boys slept all night. :minichien2::motimonkey:

Tuck is in his britches. I don't know yet who took them off, and put them back on this AM so he could go outside. I hope David can find the larger clear one we had (it's in the basement-who knows where), so we can see if it would work on Tuck. I think if David had to get Tuck's britches back on him this AM, he will be very motivated to look around the basement. LOL.

Justice is fine. He is just waiting until he can get in the big yard (and his hole).

Hi Shawn, I think I need Nikita -sized e-collar!!! The one Tuck had on originally worked great--no way could he get to his stitches. But it wasn't see thru and freaked him out. So, I will not put that back on him.

I bet Nikita looks like a blue morning glory. LOL. I saw blue, pink, green and yellow e-collars in the store!

hugs to u and the fam

Thanks so very much angels!!!

Hi Deb, just saw ur post. I think Justice would have earplugs in to if his prey drive kicked in. But boy boys are pretty good abt 'leave it'. We practice with treats in front of them--I will tell them to 'leave it' and then 'take it'. I started the

'leave it' outside the end of the Fall last year--I need to start reinforcing it again, since I didn't during the Winter.

Carol didn't care abt the carpet (I cleaned it)--it's the actual hole since she uses the riding mower--and a tire will go down in it for sure. But that said--she is so happy Justice is at least feeling like digging. She just wishes he would take up a different hobby. LOL.

hugs to u and the kids

Edited by k9sign

Tuckie is at THREE DAY'S!!!

===============T :icecream3::turtle: ==============

Justice is at NINETEEN DAY'S!!!

===J :icecream5: :icecream5: :icecream5::icecream4::turtle3: ===

The boys are both doing fine. They have had lots of time outside. When I first let Justice out, I waited a couple minutes and went out, and he was at the hole. I told him to 'leave it' and he hasn't gone back to it all day! What a good little boy.

David just now found the other e-collar we have had for years that is clear. He looked earlier and couldn't find it. But he looked again a few minutes ago and Carol came up with it around her neck saying 'look what david found!". It has snaps. The new one had some kind of weird things that snap into holes--and Tuck has been scared to death of it. So I used shoestring instead to hold it. Unfortunately this one doesn't have holes to allow me to use anything but the big snaps on it. I just tried it on him, and he tried to bolt. I only snapped one snap--I didn't want to totally freak him, becuz I hope to keep his britches on until tmw. For some reason, even with the shoestring holding up the britches, he has been found twice just dragging them behind. He has no butt to hold them up--sure wish I had the same problem!!

So the e-collar/britches saga continues. Hopefully tmw we will have it solved!! I never would have believed that after a week, we are still trying to solve the problem of his licking his thigh.

Thanks so very much angels!!

Hi Cindy, I'm really happy to see the trains for both boys!

I wanted to tell you what I use for Caine's cone -- because those %$#*%$# snaps are a complete pain in the monkey butt. :motimonkey: I use adhesive-backed Velcro tape (like this). You can get this tape at Wal-Mart or Home Depot or places like that.

I get the industrial kind, because the adhesive is super-waterproof. I wash Caine's cone twice a day, and this tape never comes off, even though it gets wet a lot.

It's so easy to put on/take off the cone using Velcro!

If you'd like an explanation about how I fit the cone properly using the tape, and/or photos, just email me. I can send you some pix to show you how Caine's cone works.

Hugs to you and the boys!

The boys are doing fine. It's supposed to be near or in the 80's today!! Good grief, we had sleet 2 days ago!

We are going out on the deck soon. David is putting up a temporary fence so they can put down grass seed and fertilizer. So the puppers and I are going out to supervise--u know--make sure he does it right. LOL. I am sure Justice will be scouting out how he can get to the other side of the fence, and Rustie will be stealing tools. Tuck's job will be supplying entertainment, by picking up radio/TV signals from his personal satellite dish.LOL.

Tuck's e-collar is like a satellite dish--it is quite wide. But that's OK--he can not get to his thigh, and he doesn't feel closed in. So, I *think* our worries are over.

I hope Justie will be at 20 days and Tuck at 4 days this eve!!

Hi Laurie, oh, thanks for the advice with the collar. Tuck was getting velcro undone from the one of the e-collars-but it was old-and not industrial strength.

I do wonder if the velcro makes a very loud noise too when u are taking if off? Anyway, if the snaps get to be too much for Tuck, I will get some info abt the sound of the velcro, etc from u. Thanks!!! I hope all the kitties are doing well--and u and larry too! hugs and belly rubs (for the kitties-hehehe).

Thanks so much angels!

Hey young'n. . . I've been off line most of the day - the sun was out and so were theSpoiled Royals - what a treat!!!!

Glad the boys are doing better and both are back on the train. My Tucker had a dental and cyst removal surgery a couple of weeks ago and I thought I would go crazy making him leave the one spot on his foot alone. I tried half a dozen different e-collars, he managed to reach his foot no matter what I did. I tried a wrap with Bitter Apple, he really seemed to enjoy the taste. I tried a bandaid but of course he chewed that off in 2 minutes. I kept him on antibiotcs so it wouldn't get infected and I finally tried putting a sock on his foot and tied the sock with a shoe lace. I took him back last week to have it checked 'cause I didn't like the look of it, but the vet said it was healing from the inside out and he'd be fine. They got quite a kick out of his sock. He still pulled it off every so often and managed to pull his stitches out but ultimately, the sock protected his foot long enough to heal. My best advice for your Tuck is to cross your fingers he heals quickly! LOL

Pat