Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tracy IMOM

Tucker and Justice Van Allen - part 8

7,617 posts in this topic

Hi Cindy,

I'm sorry that Tuckie is still having troubles with his breathing. I hope that he can be on Flovent, if he endds up needing an inhaler, so you and Carol can share the cost. So glad to see Justice on the train! :banana:

:hugs:

Tracy and Cody :heart::stripekitty:

Oh Cindy...

I'm so sorry Tuckie is still having such problems, but thank God for a reduced price for the inhaler.... what a blessing that is.

And Justie is up on that train ... (come on guy... grab your brother and get him up there too)!!! How awesome he's aboard and chuggin.

I'm sorry I haven't been here much. Mike has been really sick. It's not looking good. Please say some prayers for him.

Sending lots of love, hugs and belly rubs.

Tuck didn't have any seizures during the night, but was very restless and awake a lot. He is napping beside me right now.

Justice is doing just fine!

Well, I thought it was too good to be true abt the Flovent--but even Carol looked at the site and thought the same thing. I called Costco warehouse, and they said the 12 was not how many inhalers, but meant 12 grams (they should have put the unit of measure beside the 12). So, the long and short of it is, that I will have to look into a Canadian site for generic to see if it's even doable.

Hi Shawn, I too used to be on Flovent years ago, sure wish I still was. Tuck and I could share. LOL.

Henry's mom sounds very nice. I'm not sure if she donated for Justie's meds, or another PIN's--but whichever--I thank her so much.

Have fun during Oliver's break!

Hugs to u all!

Hi Kay, I did ask the cardio tech abt what I did with the steam in the bathroom. She said it most likely did help. Yup I think mommy holding was a good thing too.

So far Tuck's breathing seems OK today. YAY!!!

I know on a certain day in July, that even if it's pouring rain...the sun will be shining! ;) hugs to u and the kitties.

Hi Jo, On, no. I have already started sending up prayers for Mike. I am so sorry. He has turned around before--and I am praying he does it again. My heart goes out to u. Hugs,

Hi Tracy, U and Cody have been in my thoughts constantly today. Cody's journey today to Rainbow Bridge will be filled with love and light. I have been in tears all day--I can only imagine ur pain. We love u both so much. love and hugs.

Thanks so much angels.

Please keep Cody and Tracy close to ur hearts today. Tracy is giving Cody the greatest, most unselfish gift by letting Cody go to the Bridge today (9:20am PST).

Hi Cindy,

Oh drat! I was hoping that you and Carol could share the Flovent. I hope you can find another affordable alternative if Tuckie ends up needing it. I'm sorry your sweet boy was restless during the night. I hope the little guy has a calmer night tonight.

So glad to see Justice still on the train! Stay on, sweet boy. I hope Tuck is on, too.

Cindy, thank you so much for all your support. It means the world to me. Cody and I love you and the boyz :heart:

Tracy and Cody in spirit :heart::stripekitty:

Tuckie is at ONE DAY!!!

============T :1icecream::turtle: ===========

Justice is at TEN DAY'S!!!

========J :icecream5: :icecream5: :turtle2: =========

I am SO happy that this eve both are on the trains. It's been a sad day with Tracy losing Cody, and I know that just for a brief moment, that both Tracy and Cody will smile seeing dual trains.

Justice is doing great. He didn't get to be outside much though due to it raining most of the day.

Tuck hasn't coughed for a couple days, so I was so excited that he must be better. Then it occurred to me that he isn't playing...and he only coughs when he is playing. I asked everyone if they have seen him play, and everyone had the same-oh, my goodness, no-kind of answer, becuz it's unusual not to see him playing. Well I did a bad thing :(. I wanted to know if he still has a cough, so I got all excited with his tennis ball and ran around throwing it, and finally Tuck started playing. I was so happy to see him play-he ran up and down the ramp a few times bringing it back to me for more...then he started coughing. OMG, I felt so bad causing that.

Tuck and I will be going to Columbus tmw to see Niki. He will have some cyst's taken off with a local anesthetic. What I am most anxious abt though is having her listen to his lungs. At least tmw won't be rainy/damp like it has been for 3 days, and I wonder if that is making him feel worse-it always affects my asthma.

Anyway, I may not be back on until evening. But I will update as soon as I can.

Hi Tracy, Juli let me know abt canadadrugs.com--and with her referring me I get a $25 price break, and then she will too on her next order. So, this is great! I am so thankful to get the price break. Now let's hope he doesn't even need it!

No thanks ever needed Tracy. It's hard for some to understand how u can love a kitty u have never even met--but it happens. Cody will ALWAYS be in my heart--as will u.

Big hugs!

Thanks so much angels!

I'm sorry to hear about the flovent.... something will come along, I'm sure... I'm glad Justice is on the train, and hopefully tuck is too... keeping fingers and paws crossed... thinking about you and the boys..

Shawn

Hi Shawn, we must have been posting at the same time! If u check before ur recent post--u will see dual trains!! :pp_animal_568:

I hope u had a wonderful full day with Oliver.

Justice is shiv pawing me while I type. He is saying it's time to get off the puter mom, and snuggle with me.

So...off I go.

I'll update tmw eve abt Tuck's vet visit in Columbus.

Thansk so much angels for everything!

Yeaaaa... Everyone is on board!!! That makes me happy!! I hope that all goes well at the vet tmw (see that, used your tmw!) We'll be thinking about you all... looking forward to an update when you return, and have had time to unwind!

safe Journeys on your trip! Nikita says Woof!

Shawn

Whoo hoo, dual trains!! Cindy, I am so happy to see them. We are definitely smiling, Cody from the Bridge and me here, at the sight of the 2 trains chugging harmoniously along. Stay on, boys.

All paws and fingers are crossed here for Tuckie's visit tmw to have good results. I hope his lungs are clear and have just been bothered by the damp, rainy weather.

That's so cool that both you and Juli get a price break for her referring you to canadadrugs. I hope he never needs it, though.

:hugs: to you and the boys

Tracy, and Cody in spirit :heart::stripekitty:

Tuck is at TWO DAY'S!!!

=============T :icecream2::turtle: ============

Justice is at ELEVEN DAY'S!!!

=====J :icecream5: :icecream5: :1icecream::turtle2: =====

Tuck was such a brave little boy today. He had 3 cysts removed (2 needed two stitches after cautery). One is on his thigh and they advised I go get some childrens shorts or boxer shorts so he will leave it alone. The stiches ned to stay in on his shoulder and thigh for 3 weeks.

Niki only had what Linda (the cardio) had written for her findings a week ago with Tuck's lungs. Niki said she thinks he is about the same-- she could hear the noises. She thinks he should be on some restricted activity. He can play in the house, but doesn't really want him running around too much outside. He has 3 weeks on antibiotics left. She did some labs on him, and I will get results tmw.

Justice was a good boy here all day-I was told though he kept coming to my room looking for me. They finally put the babygate against my door, so he wouldn't scratch at it. He whined and cried, and cried some more when he saw me-it truly was pitiful.

Hi Shawn, LOL yes, I do see u used tmw (well after u pointed it out.hehehe). I have used tmw for years becuz I was a cert. sign language interpreter, and that is part of using the TTY to "talk" with a Deaf person on the phone. It's one of the abbreviations (like the 'u', 'ur' and 'abt' I use) that now just comes naturally for me-it definitely makes it easier, and it's how my brain works now.

I hope u had a great day with Oliver and Nikita. No unwinding time yet, and we are both exhausted. So when I am done here, Tuck and I are gonna snuggle--and of course Justice too. hugs to u and the family!

Hi Tracy, I guess Tuck had good results today--I mean, I was hoping she would say his lungs were clear, but she doesn't think they are worse (by reading what the cardio had written). Tuck won't like the outside restricted activity though!

I have thought so much abt u today. How are u doing?

Big hugs

It's been a long day, so we are gonna veg tonight.

Thanks so much angels.

Hi Cindy,

Oh, so glad to see both boys still on their trains!! :motimonkey::banana: That is great!! I knew Tuck would be a brave little boy - he always is :heart: I'm sorry he needs to stay on restricted activity for his lungs and that Niki can still hear those noises when she examines him. I was hoping his lungs would be clear too, but like you said, they didn't sound any worse. So I'll count that as good news :)

I have thought so much abt u today. How are u doing?

Big hugs

Trying to hang in there :(( Thanks for the big hugs, I need them. I'm sending lots of big hugs back to you and the boys - and I know Cody is sending soft head-butts form the Bridge.

Tuck has been having CP's. Plus now he is not happy with an e-collar I have had to put on him in the past hour. We have an e-collar that is cushion-y, but he can still easily get to his thigh. So we found an old e-collar--it's not clear--and he HATES it. I will try to find shorts like they recommended.

He is finally sleeping. He had med for the seizures, so I hope it zonks him and helps with any discomfort. The drug he is on for his brain (a doggy alzheimers med), Selegiline, makes it difficult to give Tuck pain meds. He is such a trooper, and has gone thru so much today (yesterday)--but I sure wish he wouldn't try licking his stitches!! I'm not really surprised that he has had seizure activity after the day he had. I hate though that he is off the train. <sigh>

Hi Tracy, I have to admit that part of my drive today was thru tears. On the way to Columbus there is a KFC. I saw the sign, and the tears started flowing. I only tell u this, so u will know just how much Cody touched me.

I am beyond thrilled that Cody is showing he is still with u and Russ. Of course I knew he would be. Big hugs from me and the boys!!

Tuck has finally calmed down, so gonna try to get some sleep. I am def running on empty.

Thanks so much angels!

:pp_animal_568:

Hi Cindy,

Just checking in and see you have your hands full with things as always. Glad Tuck had no complications from his surgery...have you tried the pants yets? I know when Zoom had her abdominal surgery a couple of years ago had to put her in T shirts 24/7 to help keep her g-tube & stitches safe. She wasn't thrilled being dressed all the time, but it did the trick. Let's hope the same goes for Tuck.

Poor Justice & the baby gate; use one with Zoom when I go out to block off bed & bath ....some days I come home & she's not thrilled I did this!! even tho she has run of rest of apt??? I don't understand, but I can understand Justice missing you!

Hope things calm down for all of you ... take care.

Susan & Zoom

Poor Tuckie and the e collar. If only they would understand. I'm so glad that his lungs are no worse, that cough must be very worrying.

It was nice to see the dual trains for a while, and I know they will be back soon. Poor Justice he just misses his mommy. I bet he was so excited to see you.

On a sadder note:

I posted in Loving Memory section. Joanna has sent Mike to the Rainbow Bridge today about 1pm. I put a link to her blog for them where she explained what the findings were. She is devastated and I'm going to call her later this afternoon

Hugs to you and the boys

Tuck has been having CP's. Plus now he is not happy with an e-collar I have had to put on him in the past hour. We have an e-collar that is cushion-y, but he can still easily get to his thigh. So we found an old e-collar--it's not clear--and he HATES it. I will try to find shorts like they recommended.

He is finally sleeping. He had med for the seizures, so I hope it zonks him and helps with any discomfort. The drug he is on for his brain (a doggy alzheimers med), Selegiline, makes it difficult to give Tuck pain meds. He is such a trooper, and has gone thru so much today (yesterday)--but I sure wish he wouldn't try licking his stitches!! I'm not really surprised that he has had seizure activity after the day he had. I hate though that he is off the train. <sigh>

Hi Tracy, I have to admit that part of my drive today was thru tears. On the way to Columbus there is a KFC. I saw the sign, and the tears started flowing. I only tell u this, so u will know just how much Cody touched me.

I am beyond thrilled that Cody is showing he is still with u and Russ. Of course I knew he would be. Big hugs from me and the boys!!

Tuck has finally calmed down, so gonna try to get some sleep. I am def running on empty.

Thanks so much angels!

Cindy ... stopped by to check on the handsome boys. Sorry to hear that they aren't having a good day. Give them both some hugs and kisses from us. I hope that the medication regulates for Tuck quickly.

I didn't realize Cody had passed... so I am going to go check on him / tracy.

Justice is at TWELVE DAY'S!!!

=====J :icecream5: :icecream5: :icecream2::turtle2: =====

Justiepoo is doing great. I am even thinking, maybe, just maybe, we won't need to do a Cushings test on him. I am abt 75% sure now, that this is the Iatrogenic (medicine induced) Cushings. He is handling the Atopica with no side effects--and so far no IBD flare-ups. :motimonkey:

Tuckie had a rough night. He had many complex partial seizures, and a grand mal.

He was such a trooper all day yesterday, but I think the e-collar freaked him out. I tried everything to make him stop trying to pull out/lick his sutures yesterday evening, and I kept having to go back to the e-collar. I tried swaddling him--just nothing worked. He was bound and determined he was going to get those sutures last night.

First thing this AM I went to PetSmart (abt 45 minutes away), and praying they had an e-collar that wouldn't upset Tuck so much. The problem with the e-collar from last night is that it was quite old and solid gray, and it went almost beyond his nose--it had to be frightening, esp with being blind in one eye. I kept it off him most of the night, but he was obsessed with getting to his thigh. So...I went to PetSmart to get an e-collar. I found e-collars in yellow, green, purple, blue, pink...and finally one that was clear. I called home to have them measure what he had on, becuz this one seemed so much smaller. The old one was 7"width, and the one clear one was 5" width. Since the old one was too long, I knew the 5" would be perfect--and it is. He is running around and drinking, etc., with it on--and he can't get it off.

I have to tell u a funny story. When I called home to get the measurement for the new e-collar and check on the boys, Carol said they were having a problem with Tuck. Scared the crap out of me. Now this is a little guy who is not getting enough oxygen to his blood/brain (as shown by his arterial blood gasses), and has had 2 strokes. You would possibly not expect for him to come up with a brilliant plan regarding his old e-collar. The problem they were having was that Tuck kept getting out of the old e-collar. They figure the first time was by chance--but he learned immediately how to get out. This collar was held by a velcro strip. They started watching him after he came into a room without it. He would go to the stairs (did it twice in front of them) and rub the collar against the end of a step until the velcro would come undone. What a BRILLIANT STINKER!!! LOL.

Thankfully he can't do it with this one--and he would rather not have it, but he does everything he wants to do with it on.

Hi Susan, I have been checking on u and Zoom, but just haven't posted much anywhere else with all that has been happening.

Thanks so much though for checking on us!

One of my housemates found some light sweat-like material pants. She bought a 12month and an 18month with thick waistbands. OMG I have to take a pic with him in them-he is adorable. BUT...when he runs around- they start sliding down. They are snug at his waist, but with movement-down they go. 9 months is too small. <sigh>. He may have a nubbers for a tail, but it's powerful, so we thought we better put a hole for his tail---but they still slide down. So, what I am doing is putting the pants on at night--then he won't have to wear the collar in case he has a seizure. Then during the day he will wear the e-collar. At least for now that's the plan. The boys have both worn t-shirts after surgeries, with no problem. The pants have me stymied!!

Hugs to u and Zoom!

Hi Deb, I had to find the e-collar, and then go have some minor surgery (no biggie, I am fine)--so wasn't home all day. I had a VM from this AM--it was splight telling me abt Mike going to Rainbow Bridge today. I have to say after reading all that has been happening the past week--I was not totally shocked...but oh goodness, it certainly is sad. That little guy was her life.

I can not believe how many friends have lost their beloved pets in a month. My heart aches for each of them...and I sure am holding my boys more tightly this past month...

Hugs to u and the kids...hold them tight.

Hi Michelle, actually Justiepoo is doing GREAT!! It' s the Tuckiebutt--they are playing tag team--now Justie is better, and Tuck is sick. ARRGH! But they had quite a dual train for awhile. It will happen again. Soon I hope!

Hugs to Syd, Charlie, and I hope u and the human kids are feeling better!!

Hugs!!

Oh, I got Tuck's lab results. Nothing too worrisome. He is a tiny bit anemic, one of his liver enzymes was slightly increased--his heartworm test was negative though-yay!! We think he is anemic becuz his thyroid meds were stopped for 3 weeks to see how his allergies did. So he is back on it now--so it should resolve itself.

Thanks so much angels!!!

Please, if there are any angels out there who could sponsor Justice for any amount--no amount is too small--I would be so very grateful. He is such a good pupper, and u will truly be helping to save his life.

One time donations are also very appreciated, if u are unable to become a sponsor.

Please do an angel huddle around Justice, and help keep him safe.

We bless and love each one of u who already sponsor or have donated to both Justice and Tucker...and angels who are thinking abt joining Justie's other angels!

Hi Cindy,

Awesome train for Justice!!! I'm so glad he's had no IBD flare-ups lately. I'm sorry Tuckie is off and had a rough night, though. Poor sweet munchkin :(((

LOL, Tuckie, you sure are clever getting that e-collar off! Keep it on, though - it's for your own good (although Cody always felt otherwise. He got his off once - pulled it over his head and started licking the spot where he shouldn't lick. Ugh!)

I'm glad Tuck's lab results are basically OK. I worried when I saw "anemic" but then I saw "tiny bit" and that it may resolve itself. I sure hope it does.

Awww. Big hugs back to you and the boyz. Cody's probably chowing down on chicken at the Bridge as he watches over us all :):heart:

Hi Cindy-

Just checking in on you and the boyz....I'm so sorry that Tuckie has been having a rough time. The breathing problems are scary - we went thru that with Merlimouse too.

The zoopaws will all be crossed in hopes that you have a great weekend, with boys both staying on the train and feeling good!

hugs

Vicky

Hi Cindy.. just trying to get caught up on all the posts, wanted to see how the boys are doing... things have been a bit down here with the loss of my sister-in-law... so I haven't been on so much... but i have been thinking of you and the boys a lot... your story of the collar and the pants went a long way to cheering me up a bit so thank you for that! LOL!! what a smart pupper!!!

thinking of you all

shawn

You should have seen Tuck this AM. I had taken his e-collar off during the night, and put his long pants on him, so he couldn't get at his stitches. This AM he ran downstairs with his pants on (they look like jammie bottoms), and stood at the counter waiting for his AM meds. It was so cute seeing his little tail wiggling with these pants on just waiting for his medicine. I have to get a pic.

The boys are both doing well. They have been outside several times- it is a gorgeous day.

Hi Tracy, I must admit I went thru a couple emotions when carol described how Tuck kept getting out of his old e-collar. At first it was OH, NO! becuz he kept me up so much that night before with trying to get to the stitches. But quickly it went to--dang he is one smart little boy--and I was proud of him in a weird way. LOL.

Been thinking abt u. big hugs!

Hi Vic, oh it's so good to "see" u! It was actually thinking that I remembered u saying that u took Merlimouse into a steamy bathroom, that made me put Tuck

in one abt 3AM one night. As I was itting in there with him, I hoped I was right that I had read that before. Then I thought abt my Croup earlier this year, and also with kids--it helps. I was so glad u let me know recently that it's what u did daily for Merli.

Thanks for the well wishes and taking the time to come to the boys' thread. Big hugs!!

Hi Shawn, I am so glad that Nikita's surgery and stresses were over before the tragedy of losing ur hubby's sister. Gosh, so young -just in her early 40's. So very sad.

I will let Tuck know he made u smile with his e-collar and pants falling down.

Take care, big hugs.

Thanks so much angels.

I hope this eve Justie will be at 13, and Tuck at 1.

Tuckie is at ONE DAY!!!

=============T :1icecream::turtle: =============

Justice is at THIRTEEN DAY'S!!!

=====J :icecream5: :icecream5: :icecream3::turtle2: =====

Tuck has had a few coughing episodes late afternoon. He is breathing a bit heavy now--but he is sleeping. He has had a pretty good day.

Justice has had a very good day. Lots of outside exploring, and inside snuggling.

Please angels, if anyone is able to become a sponsor for my little Justice, I would be so very grateful. Justice needs his seizure medications to stay alive. I have seen him in many bad seizure cluster cycles, and I have seen him in status, both needing to be in the hospital on a propofol drip to stop the seizures.

I don't know how many of u have had pets with seizures, but it breaks my heart to watch either little boy have grand mals. The neuro says Justice remembers nothing abt it (and ask human epi's-they are not aware of what is happening during a GM)--but I sure do. Some seizures I wonder if he will live through-thank God those severe seizures are not often.

With his medications, he still breaks through with seizures (imagine without them) if he is sick (IBD flaring, UTI, the Cushings symptoms), but otherwise Justice is a happy, active, snuggling little love.

I know the economy is just horrid, so I do understand if u are unable to help. But, please if u can help Justice--well words can't express my feelings.

Thanks to all the boys angels!!

Edited by k9sign

Puleeeze can u helps me??

post-21-1240021962.jpg

tank u verrrry muchness to my angel huddle that surrounds me wiff love. Tank u to alls my angels that sponsers, donutes and supports us with posting and prayers. Me, my big bro Tuck, and my mommy luvs u all.

Tuck has been having CP's. <sigh>

Since the weather has been so nice, Tuck was outside several times today. I didn't let him race around, but, I know my allergies bothered me today. So since the COPD may be from allergic airway disease, I am thinking his allergies are why he has coughed a few times, and has been breathing heavy. It's gonna be a long Spring/Summer/Fall!!! He is allergic to so many things, that the derm/allergist could only put 12 of the things in the allergy serum for his allergy shots that started over a year ago. Justice sadly is the same. So the doc picks out 12 of the worst allergens, and makes the vial up of serum. Becuz of Tuck's 'lung disease', now we have to get all of the rest into a serum. So now he is getting 2 separate allergy shots-one shot/week will be maintenance. But first he needs to get to maintenance... which means he gets a shot every 3rd day for a month. He had his second injection today. We may need to go more slowly. I know his first serum vial that he is on with maintenance dose--we have had to decrease the amount of serum becuz he is so itchy after a shot.

At the moment Tuck is on his back with all his legs sticking up--and his pants on. I took a pic, but it's pretty dark. Soooo adorable...as of course is Justice , who is sound asleep.

Thanks so much angels!!

The boys are doing OK. No seizures for Justice--so I hope he gets to 2 weeks this eve seizure free.

It's a gorgeous day, so the boys have been outside several times. Tuck wants to just take off and run, but I have to hold him back so he doesn't start coughing.

Thanks so much to all the angels!!!

Justice is at FOURTEEN DAY'S!!!

=====J :icecream5: :icecream5: :icecream4::turtle3: =====

Tuck has had some CP's awhile ago...so not on track. He had a pretty good day though. He got snuggle time from everyone today, and we did some indoor playing. Poor little guy has 17 days left of wearing the e-collar. Sure wish I could find a way to keep his britches up!!

Justice is doing fine. Lots of time outside-it was in the 70's again! He is napping-I think he wore himself out.

Thanks so very much angels!!