Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tracy IMOM

Tucker and Justice Van Allen - part 8

7,623 posts in this topic

The boys made it through the first part of the f-word (full moon)!!! Not sure it will continue.

Tuckie is "off" today. Even Carol came to me and said she was worried abt him becuz something isn't right. I sure hope he gets to 24 days tonight! Having 2 train tracks for Tuck doesn't happen often, so I would love to see it keep going!!

Justice is doing well. Knock wood, this last IBD flare-up is over. He has been scouting around outside for intruders. For weeks he was the first back inside--not today. He was last back in. :banana:

Hi Laurie, Coot does his own form of wiggle buttin--it's more like a wiggle belly when he is on his back. LOL. I am hoping the dual trains will be continuing...but I can't complain, Tuck has been doing so good, and boy, Coot has been working hard!!! Please give the kitties hugs and belly smooches!! hugs!

Hi Pat, the ear isn't doing too badly right now-YAY!!! I had to laugh when u said u have started not picking up ur feet to walk, but rather shuffling ur feet so as not to step on the Yorkie puppies. Now that's what I would do...but ur puppers are so tiny (like Punkin), I would think u would be used to wee ones under foot. LOL. Of course puppies zig/zag and zoom.

Be safe on ur trip Saturday or Monday (Monday may be better-less Easter traffic???). Hugs the puppers for me! Hugs!

Hi Shawn, SOTC day- LOL. Sure sounds like a great life!!!! I am glad ur migraine wasn't horrid, and u were able to 'sleep it off'. Sleep certainly can help the body to heal.

Good luck on ur papers. It will be great spending more time with Oliver during his Spring vacation. I thank IMOM angels so much for making Oliver's Spring vacation a very good one--with no worries abt nikita on his mind.

Hugs!!

Hi Michelle, thanks so much. I am hoping that tuck proves the cardiologist wrong too. If something is "rare" or "unusual" it always seems to relate to my boys (they take after me--I have 2 completely unrelated rare diseases). So if the % is as low as the cardio says-it means it would be 'unusual' for the abx to help. So that means they will help. See my logic???

I am glad Syd did well with her chemo yesterday!!

hugs to u and the kids!

Thanks so much angels!!!!

Tuck is at TWENTY-FOUR DAY'S!!!

===T :icecream5: :icecream5: :icecream5: :icecream5: :turtle2: ===

===T2 :icecream4::turtle: ========= :dogsled: ===========

Justice is at FIVE DAY'S!!!

===============J :icecream5::turtle: ===============

I am still a bit worried abt Tuck, but so far no seizures. PHEW!!!

Justice has his head on my leg. He is wanting mommy to stop typing, and snuggle with him. Well...his wish is my command. He is so adorable, I can't help myself!!!! LOL.

Thanks so much angels for taking care of my boys!!

I'm so happy to see dual trains. (hope I'm not jinxing it:( ) When I saw the FM the other night I said to Justice and Tucker, Pay it no mind it will be gone in a day or two. Hoping it worked and so far so good.

I'm so glad your ear is doing better too. we've got warm sunshine this morning hope your having the same

:cool026: The boys both made it through the night! Tuck wanted out abt 3AM, and went out in the rain and peed. Then later, near 5AM he was out of bed- just sitting on the floor. I lifted him back into bed and he went to sleep. I *may* have missed a complex partial or partial seizure--but I hope not. At least I am sure he didn't have a grand mal. So...since I saw nothing..he is still on the train.

Tuck is still 'off' today- he didn't even chase the vacuum! His breathing sounds slightly harsh today-I wonder if it's due to all the rain and dampness. I also wonder if him being 'off' (slow in the brain, etc) is seizure related, or, since his arterial blood gasses showed he isn't getting enough oxygen into his blood, maybe it's causing him to be 'off' in the brain...

Justice is doing well. I have noticed his rear legs are not trembling as much. He is still drinking more then usual-but not nearlty the amount he was drinking. I am cautiously optimistic that the Cushings is from the Budesonide, so he will get better.

I hope tonight we will see dual trains at 25 and 6 days!

Hi Deb, ugh, only rain here since during the night. Keep talking to the boys and that ole full moon. So far, so good!!! Hugs to u and the kids

Thanks so very much angels!

Dual trains, YAY!!! :banana::banana: Cindy, I sure hope both boys stay on. That would be SO great!!

I'm sorry that Tuckie seems to be feeling "off" today. I hope he bounces back soon.

Have a wonderful WB-weekend and a very Happy Easter!!

:hugs:

Tracy and Cody :heart::stripekitty:

It will be great spending more time with Oliver during his Spring vacation. I thank IMOM angels so much for making Oliver's Spring vacation a very good one--with no worries abt nikita on his mind.

you said... I cannot imagine what Easter and Spring Break would have been like for Oliver if the IMOM angels had not come through... now he can enjoy it worry free... (and so can we!) Glad to see the boys are both choo chooing ahead! Tell them one of Oliver's dreams is to be an train engineer when he grows up, so we just LOVE trains in our house!!! Especially the boys kinda trains!!

Definitely became a WBD this afternoon when Oliver and hubby got home at the same time and walked in the door together.... Nikita had that nub just a wagging, and a wiggling... and it spread all the way up to her ears!!!! a very happy wiggle butt!

post-4221-1239397397.gif

thinking of you all

hugs and giggles

Shawn

Tuckie is at TWENTY-FIVE DAY'S!!!

===T2 :icecream5::turtle: ======== :dogsled: ===========

Justice is at SIX DAY'S!!!

===========J :icecream5::1icecream::turtle: ===========

Hi Tracy, thanks so much. I hope u have a WB-weekend...and Cody gets chicken and dances!! have a nice Easter. Hugs!

Hi Shawn, oh what a great thing--ayoung boy wanting to be a train engineer. I would imagine pulling all the icecream cones would be fun! Just so u know, everyone eats icecream in the summer for the boyz. It's to help freeze and misfiring neurons--so I hope u and Oliver like icecream. hehehe.

Hugs to u, Nikita and Oliver and keep WB'ing!!

Thanks so much angels!!

Hey Cindy...

Just stopped in to check on the boys... and........ WHOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... TWENTY-FIVE AND SIX!!!!!!!!!!! I am sooooooooooooooooo happy!!! Now THAT is an Easter present I'm happy to see!!!!

Have a happy, healthy and blessed Easter... (and you boys just keep a chuggin!!!)

Love You

Joanna, Mike & Gidge

Hey Cindy... What great news for Easter Weekend!!!!! congrats to you and the boys!!! that is a train Oliver would LOVE to drive!!!! and yes... I think it is safe to say, that everyone in this house LOVES Ice Cream! Just got home... Hope you and the boys have a WB-Easter!

Shawn

post-4221-1239490358_thumb.png

Tuckie is at TWENTY-SIX DAY'S!!!

===T2 :icecream5::1icecream::turtle: ===== :dogsled: =======

Justice is at SEVEN DAY'S!!!

==========J :icecream5::icecream2::turtle2: ===========

The boys are doing pretty good. Tuck had some raspy breathing for awhile this AM. I kept wishing I had a nebulizer or something, but he finally coughed and it went away.

In the past 10 minutes Tuck started having some pre-ictal (pre-seizure) behaviors. At least he has made it to 26 days. I gave him some sublingual medication (under the tongue), and hopefully he will stop any seizure from happening.

Justice is doing well. He was outside often today. It's so wonderful to not see him alone in a room away from the other dogs. He is feeling so much better.

Hi Jo, I am so happy with the boys' trains too. :banana: I hope u and the kids have a wonderful and blessed Easter!

Did ya see the boys bunny ears on the avatar? hehehe.

hugs to u and the kids!!

Gotta go keep an eye on Tuck. Cross paws that the sublingual med stops Tuck from breaking through with seizures!!

Thanks so very much angels--may all of u have a blessed Easter!

P.S. Hi Shawn, I missed ur post. I am so glad u all like icecream--there will need to be lots eaten this summer for the boys brains. LOL.

Have a wonderful Easter!!!! hugs.

Edited by k9sign

go keep an eye on your boy... I hope the meds help tonight... I am signing off... had quite the day....I love kids, but wow... today just wore me out!!! a happy day for sure! I wish I could bottle up the energy that kids have when playing together... it would be comparable to bottling up the energy output of Schnauzers and Jack Russells... or all Terriers for that matter! we could fuel the world!!! I, however, am ready for a rip van winkle kind of a nap!! Tell the boys were thinking about them... and about you... and hope that the train keeps rolling through the night... check back in later, or in the AM.... blessings and happy easter!

Shawn

Edited by AutismAngel

Whoo hoo, dual trains are still going!!! That's wonderful news, Cindy. I hope it keeps up.

I'm glad Tuck's breathing problem has gone away. I hope the sublingual meds will keep any seizures away, and he can stay on his train.

Cody and I are wishing you and the boys a wonderful Easter!

Tuck broke through with CP's and now a GM. He is sleeping finally.

He had a long train...wish it could have been even longer...

I am sad abt Tuck, but even though Tracy didn't say anything, I am even more saddened that her Cody is fighting for his life. Please support Tracy and Cody. Tracy and Cody we love u.

Here is our Cody's thread...

http://www.imom.org/community/index.php?sh...amp;#entry88030

Thanks so much angels.

Have a blessed Easter.

HI Cindy, I just popped over to say "Happy Easter"! I am sorry to see that Tuck had some seizures, I was hoping you would have a nice relaxing day. Please give the boys hugs from my guys....

hugs,

Laura and the kitties

HAPPY EASTER!!!!

post-4221-1239550760_thumb.png

Easter day is a day of renewal and I just know that Tucker's train will be starting out of the station once again... renewed and refreshed and heading for another long run... sending lots of warm and positive thoughts, prayers and energies your way.... give all your babies lots of love and hugs from us... Happy Easter Cindy! Thinking about you all!

Shawn & all

Happy Easter everyone. The boys are just happy the ears are on their avatar and not on them in real life. LOL.

Tuck is doing OK. He has had some harsh breathing a few times today, but is OK. I am glad that Niki will be checking him out on Wednesday to see how is COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) is doing. He is having a couple lumps taken off Wed. with a local anesthetic. Since he can't have a general anesthetic, when he gets lumps or bumps they need to be removed while it can still be done locally-no waiting to see how they are going to do with time. The cardio def wants them off as well as the allergist--no one wants this boy to ever need a general anesthesia due to the past strokes, but also now the COPD.

Justice is doing fine. We *think* we are seeing a tiny bit of "peach fuzz" on his tummy, and a few other area's -so I am hopeful his hair is growing back. That would mean his adrenal glands are starting to recover. Please let that be the case.

Hi Laura!!! It is so great to see u here. It actually has been a pretty good day. I spent some time sitting on the steps (after pooper scooping--ugh) and holding the boys, and also watching them roam around outside.

I hope u and the kitties are having a relaxing Easter. Please give each one of them a snuggle from me-k? Hugs to u!!!

Hi Shawn, Thanks for all the positive thoughts and energy! I hope by tmw Tuck is back on track. The sublingual med he had for pre-ictal (pre-seizure) behaviors yesterday only last an hour or two--and I can't keep giving it--so it didn't stop seizure activity. But, of course without it, he may have had more seizures. You just never know. He is doing pretty well this afternoon.

I hope u, ur hubby, Nikita and Oliver are having a great Easter!

Hugs to all!

Thanks so very much angels. Little Justice is still in need of some sponsors. If anyone is able to help sponsor him for any amount...or give a one time donation--we would be ever so grateful. Thanks from the bottom of my heart.

Justice is at EIGHT DAY'S!!!

==========J :icecream5::icecream3::turtle2: ==========

I'm abt to tuck the boys into bed. Tuck's breathing sounds kind of harsh and he is breathing kind of fast (at least it seems fast) at 28 resp/min. I need to goggle what's normal. One place said 20-30 for puppies and 16 for adult dogs. But I want to check again to see if that is correct info.

Justice is fine.

Thanks so much angels.

Hi Cindy,

Aww, I'm sorry that Tuckie fell off the train :(( I'm sorry too that his breathing is off and he needs to have lumps removed. I'm holding your boy close to my heart.

That's great that Justice is doing so well, and still on the train! 8 days, whoo hoo!! :banana:

Awww, that is so sweet of you to put a link to Cody's thread here on the boys' thread. Cody and I love you guys too and all your support :heart:

We hope you had a wonderful Easter.

Checking in with the boyz, Yay Justice! Bummer Tuck. . . . but glad to hear he had a pretty good day yesterday. I know it's hard but you do such a great job with both of the kids. Fingers & paws crossed both boyz have a good day today.

Pat - IMOM

I'm so sorry Tuckie fell of the train, I tried and tried to distract them from it. I'm hoping his breathing will get easier, do they have doggie nebulizers?

Peach fuzz, I love it, I'm so hoping that Justice's fur will be back in full swing in no time. Happy 8 days Justice, now grab your brothers paw and get him back on that train with you.

Had a really windy weekend here and the satelite guy came out to setup a new dish and a receiver (he really mucked it up, ended up having my brother help me over the phone, took almost 2 hours) and I had the boys in the pen so he wouldn't be bothered by them and when I went out to get them a small tree had come down across the pen and it was attached to the fence and I couldn't move it. So I called my neighbor and he wasn't home, left a message and yesterday morning I went out cut the fence off the tree and moved it off to the side. what a work out that was. I did a lot of stretching and lifting exercise yesterday LOL

ANGELS, PLEASE PLEASE HELP JUSTICE OUT, HE'S BEEN THRU SO MUCH AND CANNOT SURVIVE WITHOUT HIS SEIZURE MEDICINES. I KNOW TIMES ARE TOUGH FOR EVERYONE BUT IF WE COULD PUT EVEN $5 IN WE CAN GET THIS BABY HIS MEDS. PLEASE PLEASE HELP, I AM SPENDING $40 A MONTH BETWEEN THESE TWO BOYS AND AT THIS MOMENT I JUST CAN'T DO ANYMORE AND IT BREAKS MY HEART. SO IF YOU CAN HELP LITTLE JUSTICE OUT AND TAKE SOME STRESS OFF OF CINDY I WILL BE FOREVER IN YOUR DEBT AND THERE WILL BE A WONDERFUL LIGHT SHINING DOWN ON YOU FROM ABOVE.

Tuck had a kind of rough night. His breathing was raspy at times, and then he had a GM. He is doing OK now. I took him into the bathroom at abt 3AM and had the shower steamy. We just sat for quite awhile in the steam. He fell asleep on my lap, and after awhile I carried him back to bed. His breathing seemed to improve after that-maybe it would have anyway, but at least I felt I was doing something.

I did call the cardio VM to ask a couple questions, and told abt last nights breathing. So I should get a call back today.

Justice is doing fine. He has been outside a few times playing. There will be rain showers soon. I hope not storms though!

Hi Tracy, u and Cody were on my mind lots during the night. I am holding u both close in my heart. Hugs!

Hi Pat, it is hard work caring for special needs furkids (as u well know), but it is a labor of love isn't it?! I hope Columbus isn't getting the rain that is here in north central OH!Please give the SR's and fosters a hug from me!! hugs!

Hi Deb, they actually do have doggie nebulizers. You put meds in them (like theophyline) and there is a mask for the dogs. The cardio said she will give him Theophylline in pill form most likely. But what we are looking at is a doggie inhaler. It has a tube (a spacer) that hooks to the asthma inhaler (it's a people inhaler) and then a mask. You push on the inhaler, and it sends a puff of Flovent (a steroid) thru the spacer and into the mask, and hopefully u do it on an inspiration. Hopefully he won't need it and the antibiotic will knock it out, and prove the cardio wrong!!

Carol and David had a satellite guy come once too that really mucked things up. Do they not train these people?? I hope ur body isn't too sore from ur tree trimmer job yesterday!!

Thanks so much for being such a wonderful, wonderful sponsor for the boys, and cheerleading for Justice now. You are such a good auntie and friend.

Hugs to u and the kids!!

Thanks so much angels!!

Cindy,

Tori just started taking Flovent using an aerochamber. Her asthma was getting bad before her surgery. Usually we up her prednisone when that happens, but her vet didn't want to do that before surgery. So she put her on Flovent. The vet's office let us use one of the aerochambers they had on hand. The Flovent was very expensive though. $151 for an inhaler that had 120 puffs. I found canadadrugs.com had generic Flovent for a lot cheaper and just ordered it from there for our next inhaler. Tori does well with the inhaler and aerochamber. Her's is for an infant as it has teddy bears on the chamber. What we do is put it up to her face and then push the inhaler and watch her breathe in and out several times before we remove it. I believe it is working as her asthma is much better, and we are in the very bad pollen time here when her asthma usually gets bad.

Juli

Justice is at NINE DAY'S!!!

========J :icecream5::icecream4::turtle2: ========

The boys are doing OK. They are both napping. Justice has been outside a few times, but with the rain, it wasn't as much as he had hoped.

The cardio wants Tuck on an extra week of antibiotic, since the appt is still 4 weeks away (she wanted to see him at 3-4 weeks-right as he came off the abx-but she is away then). She is glad Niki will be checking Tuck out on Wednesday.

Hi Juli, thanks so much for telling me abt using the Flovent. Niki was telling me that this week, she has had 2 cats come in on emergency due to their asthma. She said it's going to be a bad season.

I found a super deal at costco.com if I buy in a large quantity of Flovent. IF Tuck needs it, he will be on half the dose of what one of Carol's horses uses--so we will buy it, (again, IF Tuck needs a steroid) and we will share (just double the nbr of puffs for the horse). We would get 12 inhalers for $126.61. Which means $10.55 for each inhaler. So Carol said I can just give her $10.55 each time I need an inhaler for Tuck, and the rest she will use for the horse! I was going to go Canadian too. Even drugstore.com wanted abt $100 for Flovent- just one inhaler!

I am calling the Costco Warehouse tmw though to see how much Flovent is if we get it there, instead of online.

After what Justice has gone through with steroids and Cushings...I want to be the safest I can for Tuck--and an inhaler is safest. Glad to hear it works for TK!!

Hugs to u and the kitties!!

Tuck just woke and wants some mommy time...so gotta go.

Thanks so much angels!!

Actually, Oliver has flovent with an aerochamber... I never thought about for our four legged kids though! I am so sorry you and tucker had such a rough night... I wish I could help financially, I really do... I did get an email from my friend who has the schnauzer named Henry.. she said she came on to IMOM and made a donation for medicine.. and that she is going to be coming back on to join as a member... I hope so... I would love for you guys to meet each other... she is such a wonderful person... and you remind me of her... yeah for Justice!! I know Tucker will be back on the train soon... I'm thinking about you all...

Spring break started today, so Oliver is home this week, so it may be evenings before I can get online this week... mommy duties call, but it's nice to have a week to spend with him with no worries about school... his school, at least... my school work I am trying to get done in the evenings and night time when every one is asleep...

praying storms will stay away... and thinking about you lots!

Shawn

Hi Cindy, I'm very sorry that little Tuckie is having problems -- I definitely think the steam helped his breathing and being held by mom didn't hurt either. I hope the sun comes out soon and Tuckie gets to join Justice on the train.