Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tracy IMOM

Tucker and Justice Van Allen - part 8

7,724 posts in this topic

Justie is having a pretty good day. He has had lots of snuggles with mommy and just brief times outside becuz it's a cold 26 degrees (which probably seems like a heat wave to Sue!). More snow is forecast for this eve, so we definitely will have a white Christmas eve and Christmas day. 

Justie and i are wishing all of our IMOM family a very Merry Christmas. Thank u angels for allowing me to have this last Christmas with Justice. Without u I would not have my baby boy. Bless u all!

If u are traveling -be safe.

Thanks so much angels!

Before I tell u abt Christmas Day, I want u to know I still have Justice- and today is not the day he will be leaving me.

Christmas Day was miserable for Justice (actually those are David's words he used last night). As the day went on he just got worse. He couldn't stand at all. He would bark becuz he couldn't get up, and then u would stand him up and his rear legs couldn't hold him up. He would just melt to the ground and shiver when he went outside-no walking around at all, which is not normal for him. Something was very wrong with him. He vomited as we sat down to dinner and we all thought maybe that was what was wrong with him. But he didn't get any better. We all were sure that today he would go to The Bridge. I gave Cerenia for his nausea in the eve. When I was giving his bedtime meds it hit me. OMG is this being caused by the Hemp? I remembered his doc telling me to let her know if he had more weakness-it would be highly unusual to have that side effect (that should have sent warning alarms through me since he always goes for the "rare" things). He was on his second day of the higher dose of the Hemp. A glimmer of hope crept in.

I slept almost 2 hours last night-my brain wouldn't turn off and I just wanted to watch him sleep. Justie slept all night, thank goodness. I was so scared to see how he was doing this AM. Justie had been sleeping when I got in the shower, and David came to get him and took him downstairs to take him outside and feed him. After I got dressed I went into Carol's computer room and asked how he was doing. Carol said she would go ask David. I sat in that room on the bed trying to hold back tears. Then all of the sudden Justie came walking in...he walked in!!!!! He is back to my pacing off and on, somewhat unbalanced little boy. Then the tears of happiness and relief started flowing.

Not today. Not today.

Thanks so much angels!

So happy Justice is doing better today.  

Trying to keep everyone warm here.  Wind chill is -26.  I take all the small dogs out and then have to carry them all back inside because their feel are so cold.   

See the source image

Great news for Justice !   On to New Years ! 

Hope it gets warmer for you up there. I remember those sub zero days - Brrr is right. We used to have to shovel paths in the back yard so the dogs could go out- all you could see was the tips of tails as they ran out and ran right back in again

Kathy and The Magical Beach Kitties

Justie is doing pretty well today. He went to the groomer just to have his "sanitary" area shaved, as well as between his pads so rehab can put the Paw Friction on him again tmw. I thought he would come home and sleep, but his hunger alarm has been sounding and he is focused on wanting dinner.

We go to MedVet tmw for laser, acupuncture and for a neurologist appt. Hoping for better news then I got almost 3 weeks ago.

Thanks angels!!!

On 12/26/2017 at 3:09 PM, Sue W. said:

So happy Justice is doing better today.  

Trying to keep everyone warm here.  Wind chill is -26.  I take all the small dogs out and then have to carry them all back inside because their feel are so cold.   

See the source image

We had a wind chill of -10 last night. Our high was only 13 today but felt like 0. Tmw the high is supposed to be a balmy 20 (but 3 degrees when we leave in the morning). Lucky is so low to the ground that he is a speed demon to get out and back inside.

Hope u guys warm up!!

hugs!

23 hours ago, Beauty's Kathy said:

Great news for Justice !   On to New Years ! 

Hope it gets warmer for you up there. I remember those sub zero days - Brrr is right. We used to have to shovel paths in the back yard so the dogs could go out- all you could see was the tips of tails as they ran out and ran right back in again

Kathy and The Magical Beach Kitties

We def have to shovel paths for the kids!

Yes, we are "On to New Years". I sure hope it's better then Christmas day!! 

Thank u ever so much for the card and the Mickey D's gift card. I can't believe u remembered again that Susan Manly (Zoom's mom who died) used to send me the gift card so the boyz and i could get a yogurt while we were going to MedVet. You are so special to us! I will make sure Justie gets yogurt tmw...and for many weeks to come (thinking positive!!!).

Much love and hugs!

I didn't think the neurologist could give me any worse news then 3 weeks ago-he did.

It turns out 2 weeks ago when Justie had all those seizures (even every time the cold air hit him)...well he was having hypoxic events (lack of oxygen to the brain)-just like a stroke.  He believes he was having a seizure and that caused a heart arrhythmia which caused a seizure and so on. He said even if I could have teleported Justice immediately to MedVet that there would have been nothing they could have done to stop it. So he has right sided weakness and more brain deficits. BUT, it's important for all of u to know that he said it's not time yet. He is not in any pain and still has quality of life. He is "hopeful he will see him back for an appt in a month-but not optimistic"...

We are starting The Hemp again at a lower dose-just 1 drop in the AM and 2 drops at bedtime (instead of 6 drops twice/day).

Thanks angels!

I am happy you and Justie got to enjoy a yogurt on your medvet trip. Justice, you need to stay with us and have all those delicious yogurts waiting for you ! 

I hope the hemp helps and does not cause any side effects this time. 

Happy New Year to you and all the IMOM Angels ~

Kathy and the Magical Beach Kitties

Justie is downstairs and content that he had his dinner (he actually gets another evening meal later separate from Lucky and Mandy).

He definitely still loves his food...except he throws kibble around on the floor and I pick it up and put it back in the bowl and he eats it. He is one silly pupper.

Our deep freeze will be continuing for at least another week. Our lows will be -4. If we didn't have a wind chill during the day it wouldn't be so bad. Brrrrrrr.

Hi Kathy, the yogurt was yummy and Justie even got some on his nose. LOL. Thanks so much my friend.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

Thanks angels!!

Justie helped me clean out a couple drawers of my file cabinet and followed me when I was doing laundry-he had a busy day. He is snoozing right now. 

It has been snowing pretty hard. We have an additional 4" or so and it's still coming down. Right now it's 8 degrees, but feels like -4. Can't let Justie be outside for long (someone is always out with him)- we'll all be glad when we get some warm up of temps!

Thanks angels!

HAPPY NEW YEAR MY DEAR FRIENDS!

My little guy slept all night- no pacing!! I can't say the stroke of midnight wasn't bittersweet. Going into 2018 with Justie in my arms was something I wasn't sure would happen. Tears flowed becuz I have him and becuz I know it will be the last New Years Eve with him.

It's almost impossible for me to put the impending loss out of my mind. I find myself wondering if this is the last Monday with him; the last car trip with him; the last stop for yogurt with him; the last time I make up his weekly medicine box; the last time I take him to MedVet; the last time I see him snoozing in this room or that room; The last time I hold him in my arms; the last time he is a stinker; the last time...

I know I need to just cherish every moment we have left together, and I am, but those "last time" thoughts are always there. Maybe that makes me cherish the moments even more. I don't know.

But I do know that without IMOM, the volunteers, angels and supporters I wouldn't have him here at all. You all have held me together every time there has been a crisis over the years with Tuck and Justice. You all have been my rock to hold onto when I felt like I was going over a cliff. You all have made sure that both Tuck and Justie would be with me as long as possible. You have all (even the behind the scene angels) become my family. In 2018, with whatever time we have left, we owe to all of u. 

Thank u everyone for becoming a huge part of our lives.:wub:

Happy New Year !  

I am happy that Justie enjoyed another New Year with you . Now lets try for Valentine's Day - OK Justie?

Your IMOM family will be with you as you travel through these next days and weeks and hopefully months

Every day is a gift 

Something happened this evening- I think another hypoxic event. My little Justie has made a valiant effort to stay with me. But now it's time to tell him it's okay to leave me.

Carol will take us to MedVet tmw...

One last night with my little boy. My heart is breaking.

Angels, thank u for all u have done.

My heart is breaking for you, my dear friend.  I have no words other than to say love has no boundaries, no end.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.

52 minutes ago, k9sign said:

Something happened this evening- I think another hypoxic event. My little Justie has made a valiant effort to stay with me. But now it's time to tell him it's okay to leave me.

Carol will take us to MedVet tmw...

One last night with my little boy. My heart is breaking.

Angels, thank u for all u have done.

Cindy, like so many of us who have followed Tucker and Justice for so many years, my heart is breaking for you. No mom could have done more, no mom could have loved her boys more. I will keep you and Justice close in my heart and in my thoughts tomorrow and in the days to come. I wish I had more words, but now I have only tears.  God hold you both closely.

Judy G.

My heart is aching for you, my friend.  I've been sitting here tonight crying, trying to think of some words that will help, but there are none.  Justie couldn't have had a better mom, and you couldn't have a a better Justie.  Sending hugs and prayers...

Cindy, I rarely post on this forum, but I have been following all the PINs here at IMOM over the years including both of your boys. While people may not post, they are always reading your updates on your boy and I have been very appreciative that you regularly updated us on how your boys were doing. Your love and devotion to Justice and his needs has been so heartwarming. I am so sad to hear your news tonight, my heart is breaking for you.  I am saying a prayer for you both tonight and tomorrow. Gentle hugs to you both.

-Teri

Cindy -

We are here for you.  Sending you and Justice hugs and love.  Thank you for being such a great mom to your boy.

Cindy ~ All of our bridge kids will be there to greet him.  He and Tucker will be romping like old times. 

Both of your special boys will never be forgotten.  Magic brought us here.  Tucker and Justice made us family.   

Good journey Justice.  You are an amazing soul much loved. 

Oh Cindy....I can't tell you how my heart is breaking for you now. You have been the BEST Mom ever to Justice and Tucker. I don't know anyone who gave so much to their little ones as you. I know Justie knows how much you love him, and although he understands (and returns) your love,I know he will be resting peacefully on the other side of the bridge with his brother. And once he's found that peace, he will be running and playing like the puppy he has returned to be when he greets all his IMOM buddies.

I wish there was something I could say or do to comfort you. Try to find some peace in your heart and soul my dear friend.

Peace, Love & Blessings

Jo, Gidget, Angels Mike and Max 

Godspeed Justice.  Help Tucker watch over your Mommy and keep her safe .

Your IMOM family and Angels will always with be with you. 

my little Justie is gone. I need a little time, but then I'll tell u how we really found how much Justie is loved at Medvet.

Thank u dear family, and thank u Teri for coming out of the angel shadows. 

Cindy my heart is broken for you. There are no words. Please know that you, Justice, and Tucker, are all LOVED, and I know Tucker was there to meet Justie, as were Magic, my Merlin, and all our other IMOM kids.....

Very big hugs to you dear friend....with all my love,

Vicky