Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tracy IMOM

Tucker and Justice Van Allen - part 8

6,949 posts in this topic

The boys made it thru the night without seizures, vomiting or anything else. Well, Tuck did get up at 4:45AM to go outside. <sigh>-of all nights!!

Tuck is having a slow brain day, but otherwise doing fine.

Justice is better. He has been sleeping much of the day, but doesn't appear to be in any discomfort from the IBD.

I am hoping like crazy that both boys will be on the train this eve. If so, Tuck will be at 20 days and Justice at 1 day.

Thanks so much angels!!!

Just checkin in to see how the boys were doing.. and to see how your holding up... sounds like today is a little bit better... gentle hugs to you all

Shawn & Nikita & Family

Tuck is at TWENTY DAY'S!!!

===T :icecream5: :icecream5: :icecream5: :icecream5: :turtle2: ===

Justice is at ONE DAY..finally!!!

==============J :1icecream::turtle: ===============

I am sooo hoping Tuck gets his 21 butt salute tmw!!!!!! Plus, that Justice makes it to 2 days!

We have severe t-storms almost here. There are tornado watches a couple counties away-I hope we don't end up in the basement. I have emergency seizure meds ready just in case.

The boys ears are cocking--u can tell they hear something. Justice is standing on the recliner looking out the window--I think he knows something is coming.

Hi Shawn! things do seem to be looking up--now if the storm doesn't throw a kink in things, we will be fine. I saw earlier that Nikita is doing well. The pics are sooo good. She looks to be actually smiling in one. What a trooper she is!!!

hugs to u and Nikita, and Oliver!

Ohhh gotta go-thunder.

Thanks so much angels!!

Hope the boys made it through the night without any issues. I was thinking of them as the storms came through !!

We had some low rumbles here, but nothing major thankfully.

Glad to see Justice has one day and Tuck is doing great ! :hugs:

The storms skirted right by us--so nothing major. I was looking at the radar, and couldn't believe there was one tiny area that somehow the storms were going around--it was us!! :pp_animal_568:

The boys made it thru the night!!!! With all paws crossed, Tuck will have a 21 butt salute this eve and Justie will be at 2 days!

It has been raining, but now the snow is beginning. Yesterday we were out in t-shirts, and today sweatshirts.

Hi Michelle, I sure am glad u just had rumbles too, and nothing major. We were thinking abt u guys too. U must be getting some snow too-April--for goodness sakes! hugs to u and the kids!

Thanks so much angels!!!!

Oh, my, an upcoming 21-butt salute! :motimonkey: I'm assuming Tuckie will get there - Cody and I are keeping the faith. We can't wait!!

And Justice at 2 days - that is very cool! :banana: Poor guys are easily derailed when something else is going wrong - and IBD is such a pain. I'm glad that he hasn't been vomiting lately. I hope his IBD stays calm.

:hugs:

Tracy and Cody :heart::stripekitty:

Tuckie is at TWENTY-ONE DAY'S!!!

21-BUTT SALUTE!!

:anidogfris::motimonkey::catinmoon::beagle::spot:minichien6::minichien2::EMOTITWOCATS::pp_animal_568::pp_animal_556::tuckie2::runninghorse::catwatching::minichien2::collie::kittydrinking::four::banana::pp_animal_554::motimonkey:

coming soon...TWO trains!

Thanks so much angels!

Tuckiebutt is at TWENTY-ONE DAY'S!!!

====T :icecream5: :icecream5: :icecream5: :icecream5: :turtle2: ====

====T2 :1icecream::turtle: ========= :dogsled: =============

Justie is at TWO DAY'S!!!

===============J :icecream2::turtle: ================

Hi Tracy, the boys really do get derailed easily when something is wrong. <sigh> Justice seems to be especially prone to having seizures when he is sick. I just hope the Atopica kicks in soon. He hasn't vomited for 2 days--so maybe it's starting to help. Although it's not doing anything for his allergies (like the steroid was)--but it says it takes abt a month to help allergies, but the IM doc said abt 5-10 days for IBD-weird! I am at least hoping we don't have to increase it-right now it's abt the cost of the Buesonide, but if it needs increased-well we just gotta hope this dose controlds the IBD, and in turn controls his seizures!!

How is my Cody doing???

As long as my ear doesn't get worse, I am taking Tuckie to Medvet tmw for the allergist and cardiologist.

Thanks so much angels!!

OMG, I just saw where Jacki posted that 4 PIN's have lost significant amounts of sponsorship. Justice is one of them.

Thank u so very much to the angel (s) that were sponsoring him for the $63 that is now needed. I truly understand. You will always be Justice's angels!!

Now, I must put out a plea for help. It's so hard when there are 3 other PIN's that really need help on this forum. I want all of them to get the medications that are needed.

Speaking for Justice though, I can tell u he will be in major trouble without his seizure medication. He has been struggling mightily with his IBD- and so many seizures. He would not still be here if it weren't for his seizure meds keeping him out of status.

Please, if u can give a one time donation to help Justie, or become a sponsor for any amount, I would be so grateful. I know he has angels that came through just weeks ago when he lost sponsors--and I hate asking again, but this is scary.

Thanks to all angels -both past and present.

Bless all of u!!

Oh, there it is!! The 21-butt salute!!! :motimonkey::banana: Congrats Tuckie!!! And hooray for Justice with his 2-day train. I hope both boys stay on for a long, long time.

How is my Cody doing???

He is doing better :) His appetite has picked up, and he seems to be having a little easier time eating. I stuck him on the scale on Saturday, and it looks like he's gained almost a half a pound back :banana: He's still sticking his tongue out the left side of his mouth, and he has been having some, um, digestive issues, probably from the antibiotics. They started when we started the clavamox and flagyl. He's just on the flagyl now, for a few more days. Hopefully those problems will go away once he's done with the abx.

Thank you for thinking of my boy :)

I hope you are feeling well enough to take Tuckie to Medvet tomorrow. I hope everything checks out A-OK.

Tucker and I just got back from MedVet abt 45 minutes ago.

The first appt was no surprise--just talked abt allergies and taking some of the treats away to see if itching is better. We are also changing his allergy shot schedule.

The second appt didn't go as well. The cardiologist (Linda) came in and I asked "how's Tuck doing?" She said "now don't panic (ok-now I am panicking), but there is something worrisome with Tuck-first let me tell u that his ECG was unchanged from last year, his BP was good, and today he had no APC (premature beats), and we did a chest xray since u said he has had a gag/cough (like reflux with a tiny cough at the end) off and on for a couple months-and his heart isn't enlarged--so his heart is unchanged." I finally said-- 'it sounds like everything is fine...so why am I not supposed to panic????" "Well...I did see lung changes on the xray, and could hear diffuse whistling and crackling when I listened to his chest. Tucker has lung disease." WHAT???

I told her the cough began the same time as Gunner's did in January. Gunner had some surgery, and a few days after the surgery he and Tuck had a slight cough. Justice had it for one day and one of the other pups coughed maybe a day. The vet at the time said it may have been a very mild form of Bordatella. The cardio said that may have been the start of Tuck's lung problems. I told her he has had reflux for years (on Prilosec), and it's not been any major coughing--but when it happens it's usually while he is playing. It's almost like he got a tiny piece of fur off a toy that's in his mouth, and it caused him to cough-just one cough.

I am stunned. I was worried his heart disease was worse (she says he still may have Sick Sinus Syndrome), and totally not expecting "lung disease". She wanted to put an event monitor on him to see if his heart rate is going way down like it has in the past--becuz he zones out sometimes after coughing, and sometimes when there is no coughing. It's unclear if it's seizure related or heart related. But it's well over $400 for the event monitor---so if he zones, I will use something inexpensive...my finger---to check his pulse.

At this point he has bronchitis (not acute) and alveolitis. He had a blood gas done and normal PO2 is 80-100. She said the majority of dogs are over 90. Tuck was 76. So he has hypoxemia.

Even though she is not expecting it to help, she is putting him on 3 weeks of Cephalexin. She said she would be remiss if she didn't-but she is almost positive it's not anything infectious. Then she needs to see him on May 12th to have a repeat physical and another blood gas done. She talked abt steroids, airway washings/scope, inhalers, pacemaker (if Sick Sinus), drugs contraindicated with seizure meds, etc--different things we can do if he isn't better in a month---that's when I zoned out. She doesn't think he has lung cancer, but can't say for certain. She talked abt things it may be and won't be.

I'm sure when I go back, that I will have questions, but I am so stressed and frustrated and sad that now something new has come up that I can't think straight.

I do want to leave with some great news:

Tuck is at TWENTY-TWO DAY'S!!

===T2 :icecream2::turtle: ======= :dogsled: =============

Justice is at THREE DAY'S!!!

===============J :icecream3::turtle: ===============

Hi Tracy, oh my dear, I always think of our boy Cody!! You have just made my day with the Cody report. I smiled every time I read how he is improving-weight gain and eating a bit easier. I do hope his dire rears improves after the abx is finished. Please give him some loving from me!! hugs

P.S. thanks for changing my avatar for Easter--hehehe My friend Marty made it special for the boys....LOL. bunny ears on the boys.

Thanks so much angels!

Justice needs some wonderful sponsors to help him get his seizure meds. Please help if u can--we will be so grateful. Please join Justice's angel brigade... help keep the seizures away!!!

OH MY GOD Cindy!!! I want to jump for joy with Tuckie being at 22 days and Justie being at 3 days, but I'll have to do that in a few minutes when my jaw is off the floor. Poor Tucker... poor you... poor Justice (still not feeling right)... and Justice is (again) in need of sponsors (oh how I wish I could help).

This hardly ever happens, but I'm at a total loss for words right now. Please know my biggest prayers are with all three of you.

I'll write more when I can compose myself a little, but I wanted to let you know how much you all mean to me, Mike and Gidget.

God Bless You

Love & Blessings

ANGELS... PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE HELP OUR BOY JUSTICE WITH ANY DONATION OR SPONSORSHIP YOU CAN HELP WITH. THIS LITTLE GUY JUST CAN'T GO WITHOUT HIS SEIZURE MEDS. HE'S COME SUCH A LONG WAY, AND YOU'VE HELPED HIM EACH STEP OF THE WAY. PLEASE, IF YOU CAN DO ANYTHING AT ALL TO HELP, IT WOULD BE SO GREATLY APPRECIATED. BLESSINGS TO EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU.

Edited by MikesMom

I emailed a friend of mine tonight.. who has a love of schnauzers... including her own, Henry... I told her your story and that of Tucker and Justice.... added links to IMOM and also to this forum... Perhaps she will consider becoming a donor, and if not, I have asked her to pass it along to others she may know... I wish I could help, I wish I could so badly... thinking of you and yours...

Shawn

4.gif for all of you Cindy, I'm speechless, I was earlier when I was on and saw Justice needed more sponsors and I just can't help. My heart is aching for you my friend and for Justice and Tucker who I love just as much as my own.

I am happy to see the dual trains and Tuckers 21 butt salute. Please give him a huge hug for me and Justice too just for hanging in there.

Lets hop the Cephalexin helps even though the vet isn't hopeful, I'm going to be.

I'm sorry I haven't been around much, but I want you to know that you and the boys are never far from my thoughts.

I am a bit more composed now. Gosh, it's been a stressful few weeks with Justice so sick with the Iatrogenic Cushings, IBD and seizures...and the loss of sponsors (I understand totally), and now to find out Tuck has lung disease, and may still have sick sinus syndrome, on top of everything else.

Overwhelmed.

But focusing on the positive-- Justice is finally doing better. I hope it means that the Atopica has kicked in, and he won't have severe IBD flares anymore. Plus, Tuck is doing awesome as far as seizures--still on that train at 22 days--how great is that?!!

Hi Jo, Shawn and Deb, u guys are awesome. I have to tell u that I hated to post abt today, becuz so much has been happening. I worry that some will stop reading abt the boys becuz it's been so much gloomy news for awhile. I mean who wants to read abt one or both boys being sick all the time??? I know some must be reading and just have no idea what to say anymore.

But, my friends, u all proved me wrong. Just knowing u guys are here helps so much, and I DO know that when u are not able to come here that the boys are in ur hearts. I know everyone hunts for words to make it better and take stress off of me--well ur posting, and ur thoughts, prayers...and just knowing how much the boys mean to u--is all I need. Shawn, how incredibly thoughtful for u to let ur friend know abt the boys. Even if she can't donate or sponsor--she is a good person-she has Henry to prove that!! Jo, thanks for cheerleading for the boys. Deb, I know if u could , u would (just like Jo and Shawn)-it's OK dear friend-u do so much already!

Thanks u guys. Huge hugs to all of u and the kids!!

Thanks to everyone reading this, and not giving up on the boys even though there have been lots of downs lately.

Thanks so much angels!!

doom and gloom or happy news... its all part of what your going through... and we all go through it whether its our own four legged kids or the ones our hearts adopt on here.... and tucker and justice are definitely in my heart... moms, adopted or otherwise, don't turn away from our kids just cause their having some bad days... and your kids, my kids, our kids... their all our babies... so you post what you need to post...

sure everyone likes happy news.... but reality is, we've all met on here for a reason... and not always a happy one... I can give you my word, that I will never stop reading just because you don't have a happy day, or even a happy week or month, to post about... if you come on here and your post happens to be a not so happy one, then your posting about it for a reason... because you need to talk about it, get it off your chest, or just put it in to writing... and that's exactly what you should do... I'm not going anywhere... your stuck with me! :)

oh, and yes my friend is great person, and her henry is the cutest little firecracker... she adopted him from a schnauzer rescue not to long ago... she also has a beagle name Petey who is just a lovebug.. I hope she joins on here... she would find much goodness here...

think about you and the boys...

Shawn

Edited by AutismAngel

I worry that some will stop reading abt the boys becuz it's been so much gloomy news for awhile. I mean who wants to read abt one or both boys being sick all the time??? I know some must be reading and just have no idea what to say anymore.

Oh gosh, Cindy, that will never happen! When our friends have bad news, that's when they need us even more than ever. We will always be here for you.

I'm so sorry for the bad news you got at the vets today. There's no way I WOULDN'T feel down and overwhelmed if the same happened to me. You and your boys have so much to deal with, and now this...I wish so badly that I could do more than just send words of encouragement and cyber-hugs, but Cody and I are sending an endless supply of hugs, kitty kisses, and gentle head-butts from the fuzz-faced chicken-meister.

Cody wants to try and cheer you guys up, so he'll now say a few words:

"Hey Auntie Cindy, guess what tonite was?? Grilled chicken nite!! Oh boy oh boy, was I excited!! Mom says I spin around in something called a '360' when she's cutting up my chicken. She wonders how I don't get dizzy with all that running around in circles. I guess I shouldn't have tried to climb up her legs; my claws got stuck on her shorts. She tries to sound stern when she tells me to GET DOWN!! But she can't do her stern-voice too well cuz she keeps laughing."

Cody and I hope both boys stay on their trains, and that the cephalexin helps Tuckie. As always, you are close to us in our thoughts and prayers.

I worry that some will stop reading abt the boys becuz it's been so much gloomy news for awhile. I mean who wants to read abt one or both boys being sick all the time??? I know some must be reading and just have no idea what to say anymore.

Oh Cindy, that will never ever happen. As long as IMOM is here (and beyond I have your email ;) LOL ) I will always be checking on the boys and reading the good with the bad. And cheering when we have trains and crying right along with you (probably more though I've been quite emotional lately) when things aren't going perfect.

Shawn wrote it perfectly, and that's how I feel too. Your stuck with us. You have a strength that I don't know if I could even match if I were in your shoes.

The boys both made it through the night!!!

Tuck has been romping with toys today. He has had 1 cough episode while playing. It's so strange that tiny reflux/cough now has a whole new meaning.

I just made oatmeal so I can put his meds in that instead of bread. He can't even have his beloved cheerios, or any Pupcorn that Pat gave them. But...it's only temporary until we reintroduce them back in at some point and see how he does with licking.

Justice played today!!! He has been feeling better the last few days, but today he actually had a toy and was racing around with it while I chased him. :motimonkey::minichien2: I sure needed to see that!!

Speaking of things I needed to see...

Deb, Tracy and Shawn--again u are all awesome. You all said things that I would say to u if u were worried abt posting gloom and doom stuff--I don't know why I would think my friends would feel any differently. But I must say I feel better being able to post that Justice was playing today-finally great news!!

Good news u guys...u are stuck with me too. LOL.

Thanks for getting me choked up--but for a good reason--having such good friends. Yup stuck with me too!! Big hugs!!

Dear Cody, oh my goodness, grilled chicken!! Your mommy and daddy sure do love u lots!! I can just imagine u doing the "360"--I bet ur mommy laughs!!

Oh my, climbing up ur mom's legs while she has shorts on--YIKES!! Of course it would not have been a problem if u were in Ohio yesterday--cuz it was snowing--so no shorts!!

U keep eating the bestest u can-k? Maybe ur mom will get u some KFC too!

Give ur mom some snuggles/hugs from me! Love, Auntie Cindy

Thanks so much angels!!

P.S. Please angels, if anyone can help Justice get his seizure meds by sponsoring him for any amount, or giving one time donations--we will be ever so grateful.

Cindy...just checking in on you and the boys...I am so glad to see that the boys are BOTH on trains...and that you are semi better...

I was heartsick when I saw that 4 PINs needed sponsors...I totally understand the situation people are in but my heart goes out to the PINs that need help...you know how close the IMOM family is...and when you see that someone you are close to is in trouble, it's terrible...

I hope that with spring coming we can all look forward to better times...it's been a long, hard winter and I'm hoping and praying that spring is going to make things better for everyone...

Hugs to you all...just want you to know that I am SO looking forward to July!!! Judy

PS - I know that your ear problems are different than mine...but I went to see a Dr. Oas in Solon that specializes in vertigo...I wonder if he is someone that can help you in any way?? It sure wouldn't hurt to check him out...they do things via email so an email to them might do some good...I went nearly a year ago and I thought he was pretty special.

Edited by Judy

There is nothing like seeing our babies playing... that is the greatest news! In my situation, it's like hearing Nikita snoring, or seeing her big Rottie grin.. or her mothering her ducky or squirrel baby (stuffed toys)... or her wiggling nub.. funny how those tail-less pups get their whole body in to the wag!! I'm having to limit her play right now, but seeing her behaving like her normal self, and wanting to play is the best feeling in the whole world, so I know you are just filled with joy to see that today!!!

working on a migraine... so going go lay down for a bit... lots of love, hugs, tickles and giggles to you and the boys!

Shawn

Tuckiebutt is at TWENTY-THREE DAY'S!!!

===T2 :icecream3::turtle: ======= :dogsled: =============

Justice is at FOUR DAY'S!!!

===============J :icecream4::turtle: ===============

The boys are doing good. Justice is looking out the window looking for the LBK's, so he can yip and get excited. But the kitties are back in the barn with the horses for the night. Tuck just woke up and is looking for a toy to bring up the ramp and insist I throw it over and over again. LOL.

Hi Judy, it is very scary as a PIN parent knowing ur furkid isn't fully sponsored. I am heartbroken too- not just for my pupper, but for the other PIN kids and their parents. It's so hard, becuz I don't want the past sponsors ever to feel bad that they needed to stop sponsorship. I hope they understand, that of all people, I understand. I just hope they know they will always be one of Justice's (or Tuck's) angels.

I will look up ur vertigo doc on the internet. The specialist I go to for my autoimmune inner ear disease is a neuro-otologist. Thanks for the info!!

I too hope Spring brings better days (and nights). I am soooo anxious for July I can barely stand it!!

Thanks for posting--especially now.

Hugs to u, Dale and the furries!!

Hi Shawn, do u know what a WBD is??? There are 2 emoticons that Jacki made years ago becuz so many of us started posting "Have a WBD". Of course my Tuckiebutt's pic is on them.

Here they are:

:wbd3::tuckie2:

well ur description

funny how those tail-less pups get their whole body in to the wag!!
--is what we call wiggle buttin'.

Here's how WBD started here at IMOM. When Tuck became a PIN here (5 years ago this month!!!) I used to post that he was wiggle buttin' (which meant he was having a great day). He will start wigglin that little nub, and the wiggle goes up his hips and to his shoulders and his whole body wiggles like crazy. After a while we shortened a wiggle butt day to-WBD.

So, I can't wait until Nikita has a WBD!! I also hope ur migraine has calmed. I am sending some light ur way, and positive thoughts.

Hugs and remember :wbd3:

Thanks so very much angels!!!

I just love seeing those dual trains! I'm so happy for both boys. If the Cootductor knew how to correctly do some wiggle buttin', I'm sure he would!

Hi Sweetie, just a quick stop to check on the boyz. . . . glad to hear both are doing better and now we need to work on your ear problems. Since nice weather is somewhere around the corner (how's that for positive thinking?) The Spoiled Royals plus fosters are going to start running around the gazebo in hopes that will clear up your problems. There's much less chance of the guys with the nets finding us if we stay in the back yard. LOL

The new Yorkie is in a temporary foster home up north, I'll run him to IL Saturday or Monday, the little liver shunt Yorkie goes to RI tomorrow and I think what passes for sanity around here will slowly return. The LS pup is cute as can be but puppies are such a pain in the butt!! I'll take the old, sick, scared seniors anyday. Except for the cuteness factor (and she is mighty darn cute) I can't imagine why anyone would want a puppy. I've stopped lifting my feet when I am walking, I now shuffle my feet from one place to another so I don't accidentally step on her. Did I mention she is the cutest little thing? LOL Puppies, bah hum bug!

Give the boyz a hug and tell them Aunt Pat is thinking of them and sending lots of positive thoughts.

Hugs,

Pat

I was wondering about the WBD!!! That's great!! Nikita is having a SOTC day... Snoring on the Couch... it's her favorite past time ever!! Migraine came on but not as bad as I thought.. and I feel asleep, so that helped... gone when I woke up

got some studying to get through... getting to the end of the week and everything is coming due... trying to get a head as Oliver is off from school for the next week, so I'd like to be able to get some stuff out of the way... hoping you guys are having a WBD!!!

Shawn

Hi Cindy (: I'm so sorry to hear about the lung disease. I can imagine how hard that was to hear. Those poor boys of yours have been through so much... especially lately. Hopefully the doctor is wrong and the ceph will make a difference and it's something bacterial or viral rather than permanant damage.