Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tracy IMOM

Tucker and Justice Van Allen - part 8

7,616 posts in this topic

Tuck is at 12 days. I can't givehim a proper train becuz my eys can't focus too weell right now. sorry tuck.

Justice seesm OK. I got his new med for IBD today-so the neuro must have aproved it. I can't start it untill I feel better cuz it may cause vomiting and he will need watched after the first few doses.

Hi Cindy... sorry you aren't feeling well :( Wish the pets were doing better as well....

:hugs: things will get better hun!

Tuck is doing fine. We had a thunderstorm last night, and he slept thru it! I am hoping tonight will be 13 days for Tuckie.

I have gone back and forth in my mind (at least as much as a brain having vertigo can) abt Justice and the Atopica (cyclosporine). Justice ended up making the decision for me during the night.

The dilemma for using Cyclosporine is as Celia wrote-it's an immuno-supressant drug, and can have some nasty side effects. It was approved by the IM doc and neuro. We know that Justice's seizures happen when something is wrong with him-like the IBD flares. When he is healthy-he typically doesn't have seizures. He is having so many GM's the past week, becuz his IBD is flaring.

I am glad I didn't start the drug yesterday, becuz during the night Justice was whining, hunching, vomiting...and having seizures. His IBD is getting worse. So...this AM I started the Atopica. The IM doc said to freeze the pills, becuz dogs vomit less if the pills are frozen first. I was worried abt how to get it into Justice, becuz I read a blog on a site that complained often abt the size of the pills for small dogs (same size as used for very large dogs). But like the steroid--we are just using a cat dose-so the pill is an ok size.

So far he is OK.

Thanks Celia and Michelle!

Thanks so much angels!

Tuckiebutt is at THIRTEEN DAY'S!!!

=====T :icecream5: :icecream5: :icecream3::turtle2: =====

He is doing fine. He doesn't seem to be TOO bothered by the high winds. We have snow/sleet and the high winds. It's the end of March for goodness sakes!

Justice is doing OK. He won't get his second dose of Atopica tonight. We'll wait until tmw to start it twice/day.

They are both snoozing.

Thanks so much angels!

We too have the winds and RAIN...but tonight we're supposed to get snow...and snow showers tomorrow morning...

I don't know about you guys, but we're pretty darn tired of crummy weather...

Let's all think SPRING come the first of April...you know, spring always makes things better...

my little leaves that are trying so hard to come up will be pretty darn cold tonight...

One more potty for the girls in the rain and we'll be set for the night...

Hoping you and Justice are alittle better...really glad to see that Tucker is on the train...

I know you know it...I'm always reading but like to post here and there...just so you know I'm still kicking!!! Hugs, Judy

It's amazing, with all going on in the household, that Tucker has stayed on the train for almost two weeks! Hurray! Now we just need to get Justice (and you) back in the first-class coach. I sure hope that the meds do some good.

Amazingly after yesterday with rain/t-storm/sleet/high winds and snow--Tuck didn't break thru!! Hopefully tonight he will be at 14 SEIZURE FREE DAYS!!!

Justice continues struggling with his IBD, so still breaking thru with seizures. The Atopica most likely won't help this flare-up, but should help lessen future frequency of flares and/or intensity of them.

Hi Judy, the weather was just so weird. We have snow on the ground, but not too much. I feel bad for u, becuz don't u and Dale need to walk the girls? I am thinking u don't have a fenced in yard to just let them out? I don't know how anyone could walk a dog yesterday, and not get blown over. The wind was wicked!

I am better. Poor Justice though--can't wait until he is feeling better!

kiss the kids for me! hugs!

Hi Kay, u are right abt Tuck--I am amazed Tuck is still on the train. I have wondered several times if maybe he had some CP's or partials, while I wasn't around them much for several days. But no one saw any--so tonight--14 days!!!

I wonder if taking him off the thyroid pill made the difference, since he isn't making himself wet licking everywhere all the time. He is still licking quite a bit-but not all his body, and not anywhere near as often as he was.

Justie is tolerating the Atopica just fine (he has had 3 doses)-phew!

hugs to u and the sweet kitties!!

Thanks so much angels!!!

:wbd3:

Edited by k9sign

Tuckie is at FOURTEEN DAY'S!!! :motimonkey::pp_animal_568:

=====T :icecream5: :icecream5: :icecream4::turtle3: =====

Tuck has been racing around today pulling out toys from the toy "boxes", and having a great time. You would not believe how many toys are scattered around the house! LOL.

Justice is hanging in there. His IBD is still causing discomfort and some whining, and just feeling crappy...and of course seizures. My poor munchkin.

The boys meds arrived today. Thanks so very much angels for helping to keep my boys safe!! Bless each one of u for loving 2 little guys that most of u have never met. We love u!

Tuckie made it through the night! He isn't quite himself today. He is very tired and slow. I am hoping this eve he will be at 15 days!!

Justice is improving. He has had partials and CP's, but thankfully isn't whiny today, and isn't hunching much.

I am hoping there isn't going to be a 'tag team' event. Tuck gets worse, and Justice gets better. I just want them BOTH better!!

Thanks so much angels!!

Tuckiebutt is at FIFTEEN DAY'S!!!

=======T :icecream5: :icecream5: :icecream5::turtle3: =======

Justie still isn't back on track...<sigh>

We may get some storms later, but I am hoping it will just be rain.

Hi Juli, it's GREAT to see u here. Thanks so much. Love and hugs being sent back to u and the kitties--special snuggles for Callie and TK!!! hugs

The boys both want snuggle time with mommy, so gotta go.

Thanks so very much angels!!

P.S. Vicky lost her sweet Merlin a few days ago. Merlimouse was an unbelievable trooper through so many medical issues--as was Vic. Vicky and I would always talk abt whether our boys were on the seizure free train. Sometimes when I felt defeated, I would see how Vic was dealing with Merlin-and it gave me strength.

There are some puppers and kitties that find an extra special place in my heart--always to be with me. Merlimouse was one of those special furbabies.

Vic is having a very rough time. She lost Moose 2 weeks ago. In a year she has lost 4 furkids. Merlin was/is her special pupper--she needs us to surround her with hope and love.

Please can u go support her at the IMOM volunteers Bridge Kids section. Thank you!

Edited by k9sign

Hi Cindy,

That's great news about Tuckiebutt!! :banana::motimonkey: I hope this train lasts a long, long time - and that Justice can hop on board as well. I hope you are feeling better as well? I sure hope your world has stopped spinning by now!

Cody seems to be doing a little better. He sends lots of head-butts and purrs to you and the boys.

:hugs:

Tracy and Cody :heart::stripekitty:

Tuckie is doing fine! I can not believe that this eve he will be at 16 days!!

It's a gorgeous day outside, and he has done a lot of wandering around.

Justie is having a 'not feeling too good' kind of day. He has wanted held a lot while we sit on the deck. He continues to have CP's and partials. His IBD flare has improved a lot, but the Cushings stuff is causing him muscle aches and just not feeling well. It should start getting better...

Hi Tracy, it will be so nice when Justice jumps back on the train. I just hope it's in time to have dual trains!!

I am so glad to hear that Cody seems to be doing a little better. We'll take baby steps--as long as they keep going forward! Please keep getting better Cody!

Hugs to u both!!

Thanks so much angels!

Tuckie is at SIXTEEN DAY'S!!!

====T :icecream5: :icecream5: :icecream5::1icecream::turtle3: ====

Justice isn't on the seizure free train yet...

================= :pp_animal_103:=================

Thanks so much angels!!!!

Tuck is doing soooo well! I am ready for his 17 day train tonight!

I thought Justie was doing better, but during the night he started shaking, vomiting, whining...and of course seizures.

The IM doc said to add the Zofran, and use subQ fluids if needed. I hope the Atopica kicks in soon to help his IBD. We are back where we were last year before starting the Budesonide-bad IBD flareups and seizures. I just hoped he wouldn't start having bad flare-ups so soon after going off the steroid. It is so disappointing, and frustrating--and sad to see Justice feeling this way from his IBD.

Thanks so much angels!

:tuckie2:

I am sure looking forward to seeing Tuckiebutt's 17-day train tonight! :motimonkey:

But I am so bummed to read that Justie had such a rough night. Poor baby boy. IBD is such an awful disease -- it can be so hard to get under control during a flare-up. I really feel for you, and I sure hope the Atopica kicks in soon.

Hugs hugs hugs to you all.

Tuckiebutt is at SEVENTEEN DAY'S!!!

====T :icecream5: :icecream5: :icecream5::icecream2::turtle3: ====

Justice is still sick...

Hi Laurie, thanks so much for posting--it's especially nice to hear from someone who has/is going through this IBD crap. Sadly u truly know what Justice is going through (and mommy too-feeling helpless). I hope so much that things are calm at ur house. Hugs to u and the kitties!

Thanks so much angels!

Tuckie made it through the night--so I hope to see him at 18 days this eve. He is concerned abt the high winds we are having, and acting slightly 'off'--so we'll see.

Justice had some CP's during the night-but no more vomiting. He has been asleep for quite awhile-I think he finally isn't having discomfort from the IBD, or at least not like he was having.

We have rain/t-storms and high winds today--so I may not be back on.

Thanks so much angels!!

Tucker at 18 days is awesome!!! Wish Justice felt better. Callie sends her love and Tori Kay says she is going soon to get her stitches out. We've had so much rain here...that it makes me think of you all in Ohio.

Juli

I have to say, I am a little bit surprised, but...

Tuckie is at EIGHTEEN DAY'S!!!

===T :icecream3::icecream5: :icecream5: :icecream5::turtle3: ===

He was acting a little 'off' earlier-but I think the high winds were worrying him. The high winds just haven't stopped all day yet.

Justice is still in sick bay--although no vomiting since the Zofran.

Hiya Juli, I am so glad Tori got her sutures out and all looks good. How are Callie's seizures? I am hoping she, Tuck and Roadie are on the train with the awesome Cootductor! PLease give the kitties some snuggles from Aunt cindy!

Hugs to u and the kitties!

Thanks so much angels!

Edited by k9sign

Yay! You go Tuck!!!!!!

Justice - let's get with the program and get back on the train. I have spoken!

Aunt Pat

Tuckie made it through the night--tonite could be 19 days!! WOW!!!

He is looking out the window and is watching the kitties and horses outside, while David is in the barn.

Justice started having pica again, and vomited a little a short time ago. He had a mild GM during the night. He is sleeping now. I'll have to start up the Zofran again for the vomiting.

Hi Pat, well I told Justice what u said, and he said HE would do anything for Aunt Pat...but sometimes body parts just don't pay attention--like his GI tract and brain. What's a pupper (and mommy) to do!?!

I *hope* to be at MedVet on Tuesday with tuck. He has an allergist appt at 11AM and a cardio appt at 1:30PM (thank goodness insurance helps with both those appts!). My tinnitus started again yesterday--so who knows what will be happening by Tuesday. Assuming I make the appts- I'll have to do the appts and leave, so I can give Justice his meds. Justice has an allergist and neuro appt early May-so if u can't come this Tuesday-we may see u in May!

hugs to u and the SR's!

Thanks so much angels!!

Well, I thought giving Justice an order to get better was worth a shot, although I admit I wasn't overly confident it would work. lol

This week is going to be wild, if I can make it over, I most certainly will - maybe I could beg Justice to get better???? I've got a couple of Yorkies coming in, a liver shunt baby on Monday I need to get to RI and a surrender on Tues that needs to go to IL but I think I have a hold spot for her until next weekend. I'm thinking about printing the directions to RI for the LS baby and asking if she can start walking. (Just kidding.)

Anyway, I may be desparate to talk to a responsible pet owner by Tuesday - then again, I could be in the loony bin.

Hugs to the boyz,

pat

:beagle: Hello Lady!! Yea for Tuckie!! We were out for a while, came in to check on you guys, and was so happy to read that the itching is doing better and that he has been doing sooo good!!!!

Justice we send our love! Daisy knows how it feels, she has not been doing so well so she sends Justice a big hug and a high five Ruff Ruff for tucker.

I hope you are doing well, I missed what was rong with you. I hope things are good with you health.

Sending lots of love your way,

The Younts

Tuckie is at NINETEEN DAY'S!!!

===T :icecream5: :icecream5: :icecream5::icecream4::turtle3: ===

We're hoping Justice will get to 24 hours this eve (Sunday), along with Tuck to 20. Hope. Hope. Hope.

Hi Pat, well u thought maybe u could beg Justice to get better on Tuesday...but it will be Tuck with me, not Justie. I know, it seems like it would be Justie--but nothing we can do except supportive care right now. He had fluids today, Zofran and Reglan (subQ)-he is much better now.I haven't seen a seizure in abt 5 hours now.

It sounds like u need to stay home on Tuesday!!! Tuck's appt with the dermatologist at 11am shouldn't be long, and if I have time I may leave to grab some lunch, before Tuck's appt with Linda (cardio) at 1:30pm. Although I may stay becuz there may be a chance when Dr Gordan is done with Tuck, that Linda takes him early. So who knows what time she will actually end up seeing him.

Anyway Justice see's the dermatologist on May 4th at 10:30AM, then the neuro at 1PM. Tuck see's the neuro on May 19 at 1PM. So...it is prob better to wait and come one or both of those days--depending of course on ur household fosters and the SR's!

If u need bailed out of the looney bin, let us know!

Take some deep breath's and take care!!!

Hugs to u, the SR's and the fosters!

Hi Lara, I have been worried abt Daisy, so I am glad u are back! I am so sorry she isn't doing well. We will cross fingers and paws that she starts doing better.

The boys send Daisy some wiggle butts and licks, and we all hope things turn around soon for her--and u!!

Take care of her and urself!!! Big hugs!

Thanks so much angels!

The boys made it thru the night without seizures, vomiting or anything else. Well, Tuck did get up at 4:45AM to go outside. <sigh>-of all nights!!

Tuck is having a slow brain day, but otherwise doing fine.

Justice is better. He has been sleeping much of the day, but doesn't appear to be in any discomfort from the IBD.

I am hoping like crazy that both boys will be on the train this eve. If so, Tuck will be at 20 days and Justice at 1 day.

Thanks so much angels!!!