Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tracy IMOM

Tucker and Justice Van Allen - part 8

6,997 posts in this topic

:pp_animal_568:

Hi Cindy,

Am exhausted just from reading about your nite last nite!! Hope things go better tonite.

Soooooooooooo sorry about the news of Desi ...it is such a heartbreak to lose any of our fur family, but 2 in such a short time ..pls let them know am sending them hugs. Perhaps some "flowered" tea might help?

Glad Justice had his treat with you at McDonald's ...I think Tuck should get next dibs on the yogurt. What would we do without drive-thru's when we're exhausted and need a little pick me up??!! I feel the same way about the Dollar Store...lol!!! Will have to do until that lottery ticket comes in!

Repairs from the leak "disaster" in my place has been a nightmare ...5 weeks so far with things piled everywhere. Will post more on Zoom's thread. I am exhausted from it ...but still glad I moved and lovin' the "Green Acres" life ..and still trying to find my way around.

Hope you're feeling better ....every time there's a beautiful full moon, I think of you and the boys....and send up some extra prayers. With lots of hugs and bellyrubs to the boys.

Susan, MisChief

& FurAngel ZOOM

I hope the storms are all gone and you all can get some rest. I couldn't believe how much trouble with storms you are having with the boys. I hope things calm down and soon.

We just got some thunder in the distance this morning and then some down pours late in the morning but its stopped. A bit cloudy though.

Yes that is a squeaky ring and Jake loves it. He's still trying to figure out how to get the squeaker out, and its so funny to watch him. He has to play with it outside, because of Riley. Riley could care less about toys unless they squeak or Jake has it and it squeaks. He's very protective of it also so I know if Riley went near it there would be a fight. And I don't want to take that chance. Luckily the weather is getting better and now that we've had the time change he can be outside playing with it longer. I caught him trying to bury it the first day he had it. He couldn't leave it for long though, it doesn't squeak unless he chews on it.

My friend came thru her surgery ok. I stopped and saw her last night. She has a feeding tube and can't talk at all. The cancer was bigger than they thought it was but they got all of it. her 2-3 day stay has been extended to 5-7 days though. She's a trooper and tough so she'll come out of this just fine.

Funerals for 2 of those killed were yesterday and tomorrow is the last one. It was a fluke accident and no one can figure out how his truck got over the big rocks around the pond. It should have been impossible.

My Mom is doing good too. She's getting tired though, but I think that is because her immune system is still supressed. I think she thought that when treatment was over she'd be back to normal. She's got another month or so on the prednisone, but is not having any more ulcer problems.

Wishing you all a very Happy St. Patricks Day and a nice restful and relaxing weekend.

:hugs:

Tuck had an odd seizure last night. He did something similar a few months ago. He just lay there staring and unresponsive for several minutes. I was so scared when I first found him like that becuz he looked like he was gone. I don't think I took a breath until I saw him breathing. Today he seems OK.

Justice has had a good day. Carol and David took Mandy to the barn with them this AM and put her in a crate out there with them. So no screeching at all today. Thank heavens. Justice needed a break becuz tonight and through Monday there is a chance of storms every single day.

Both boyz had seizure activity last night. Hopefully they will be back on track tmw.

Hi Kay, Desi was indeed a good horse, and I am very glad u and Judy met him. Gosh when u come here there will be 2 horses u haven't met (only Tecumseh AKA Poppy is still with us that u both have met), and 2 kitties u haven't met, and Mandy. Hopefully u guys get to come and meet the new crew and say "cheerio" to everyone u have met!! We miss u!!

hugs

Hi Susan, well I am glad everything that has happened with the move and since hasn't soured u on ur living arrangements and the country life!

I hope u and MisChief can enjoy the Springtime both inside and out!!

We all appreciate the condolences. Not that Mandy is taking the place of Abbie or Desi-it sure makes everyone smile having a rambunctious, sweet puppy who loves to cuddle and give kisses in the house (well except for the screeching. lol).

Hugs!

Hi Deb, glad ur friend made it OK during surgery. It's even better that it was caught becuz of an earache since it was larger then anticipated. She'll be even stronger with friends surrounding her.

It's just so odd abt the tragic accident where so many were lost. Just so sad.

It's great ur mom is handling the prednisone now. Hopefully with time she will get stronger and stronger.

The storms will haunt Justice over the next several days. Both boyz are supposed to have their HW test done tmw at a local vet, but if it's storming I will leave Justice home and let one of the docs do it at MedVet on Monday when he sees the neuro and cardio.

hugs!!

thanks so much angels!!

The boyz have been outside as much as possible today. It's 75 degrees right now--normal would be 46 degrees.

They had their heartworm tests done today and since they were thankfully negative they started on HW preventative today. We already have mosquito's -it will be quite a bad pollen and bug /insect season since we had such a warm winter.

We may have some storms later. rats.

Tuck is at ONE DAY!!!

=============T :1icecream::turtle: =============

Justice is at ONE DAY!!!

=============J :1icecream::turtle: =============

Thanks so very much angels!!

The boyz are hanging in there. It is thundering again in the distance, so can't stay on long. I am just hoping the storms are over by morning and wait to start again until Justice and I are back home from his neuro and cardio appt tmw--or better yet just not happen at all.

Thanks Susan, I am also part Irish. Hope u had a great St Pat's Day!

Hugs

Tuck and Justice are at TWO DAY'S!!! :pp_animal_568::magicmoon:

Thanks so much angels!!!

cool026.gif

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK WITH THOSE BOYZ

THANK U 4 UR COMFORTING MESSAGES TO US !!!!

SOOO GLAD UR NO LONGER SPINNING !!!!!!

pp_animal_568.gifdog2.gifpp_animal_568.gif

The dang storms have been freaking out both boyz. Thank goodness Justie and I made it home before they started up again. Thundering, so can't stay but wanted to let everyone know the neuro and cardio were both pleased with how well Justice's exams went today.

Thanks Bibi-love that song!!

Tuck and Justice are at THREE DAY'S!!! :pp_animal_568::magicmoon:

Thanks so much angels!!

I hope the boys get up to 50 days!

Hugs from Mike, cute angel Guy and Birthday Girl Lola (now 20!)

Edited by Mike (Guy's person)

wish it could be a longer update, but the vertigo began again yesterday. For the moment I have stopped spinning, but can tell it's not fully over yet. So very quickly- Tuck is doing well and is at 4 days. Little Justice hada CP a short while ago. He is sleeping now.

happy 20th BD sweet Lola. Thanks for visiting Mike-we miss u.

Thanks so very much angels.

boyz ok. sory short update-still vertigo.

thannks angels

WHAT ?????????????????? ; THE V IS BACK, OF GOOD GRIEF,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

CHECK THIS OUT;;;;;;;I KNOW MIKE IS GONNA GET ONE;;;

HOPE U KILL THE V SOON...,,,,,

THANK U 4 TAKING SUCH GREAT CARE OF THEM BOYZ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,WE LUV YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0511-1102-0313-5329.jpg 0511-1011-0616-1038.jpg 0511-1009-2316-4633.jpg 0511-1007-0613-4063.jpg

Edited by swirlie

boyz ok. Still sick and having vertigo. wish I could keep up on threads, but just cant post anywhere elsee now. my thougts are with all.

thanks angels.

I was so hoping to see that things were better. Thinking of you and the boys, hope you are on the downside of the vertigo.

Hugs to you and the boys :wub: :wub:

I'm so sorry angels that Im not posting like I alweys do. I am still having vertigo and when I'm not my head is swimmming and it's hard to focus my eyes. Just starte triple the steroids so hope better soin.

Boyz are doing good. can't give seizure free days -will count when able-but it been awhile.

thinking of all of u. pleae help Pockets.

thanks Deb and everyone.

Take care of you and the boys and don't worry about counting seizure free days. Hope the steroids kick in soon.

Hugs to you and the boys :wub:

Just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you. I check your thread every day, hoping these latest health flares may have let up. Rest and be well soon.

All best,

Michele

:pp_animal_568:

Getting really worried about you young lady ...hope your "spinning" is slowing down. Hugs to you and the boys.l

Susan, MisChief

& Angel ZOOM

Like Susan I'm getting worried too. Hope you are improving.

More :hugs: :hugs: :hugs::wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: being sent

Thinking of you, my dear friend, and hoping the world stops spinning quite so much. I am glad that you have two such special nurses to get you through...

I hope I am back...the decrease in prednisone starts today and we are praying the vertigo that finally went away last night will not come back- as it has every time I would get a few hour break from spinning in nearly 4 weeks.

I am still not able to post on everyone's thread-I am so sorry. I have tried to read at times, but reading and even watching TV has been pretty impossible. I have had so many of u in my thoughts and prayers-and believe me with no reading, TV or even music on (since my hearing was so distorted) left me with loads of time of just laying in bed with my eyes closed...and thinking of all of u. I have hated that I haven't been able to try to help Pockets get funds that are needed, and that I haven't been there for Donna, especially since I saw Bandit's thread isn't in this forum anymore but was moved to Loving Memory forum, and haven't been there for Foru's mom. Plus just all of u and ur kids--please know that all of u have been in my thoughts.

Now to the most important thing to report on--the boyz.

I'm unsure of how long they went without seizure activity. I would get occasional reports of partials and CP's-I don't remember what dates they were, but they went awhile without seizure activity...at least that the others saw. Justice had a GM a few days ago, and Tuck had CP's a few days ago. Unfortunately they both have been "off" the last few days. Today Justie is still very glassy eyed and clingy, and Tuck is a space cadet. I am told Tuck has been acting spacy off and on for a couple days now.

At this moment both boyz are snoozing on the bed with me.

Tuck was in heaven last night when a package was opened that Carol's sister sent as a welcome puppy gift for Amanda. There were 6 toys inside, and it was the first time I have laughed or even smiled in weeks-Mandy was pulling Tuck across the floor while playing tug with him, and Tuck just went from toy to toy happily squeaking and racing around hoping Mandy would chase him-and she happily obliged.

Justice squeaked a couple, but mostly was content to finally just be on my lap while I sat downstairs.

I am pretty sure both boyz are at 2 days...so we will start from there... :pp_animal_568::magicmoon:

Thanks everyone for keeping us in ur thoughts. We love u all.

Thanks so much angels!

YAY!!! I hope your back too. And hoping that the Vertigo has gone bye bye for good!

Poor boys have probably been worried about their Mom, just like we were.

All is well with us here, boys are doing great. Tyson had his annual exam yesterday and the Vet fell in love with him. It was a different Vet and she hadn't seen him before. I swear she was contemplating snatching him up and running :lol:

Hugs to you and the boys

The boyz are doing pretty good. Tuck though still just isn't himself-too quiet, but no seizures thank goodness.

Justice spent some time outside with his daddy, Amanda, Rustie and Sadie while Tuck stayed inside with me. Mandy fits right in with the household, and since she goes to the barn now with Carol she hasn't spent time in the crate inside- so no screeching-which both Justice and I are thankful for.

Hi Deb, So far no actual vertigo since the first decrease of prednisone started yesterday. Today I am having occasional times of fuzziness if I try and read or do visual things. The doc still wants to proceed with the weaning daily of pred in hopes that by Monday I will just be on the hydrocortisone that I have to stay on for the adrenal insufficiency. I just hope as the dose of pred is decreased that I don't go back to where I was for weeks. Makes me nervous after today's 'fuzziness'.

So glad all is well on ur end and that Tyson had a good checkup.

Have a great weekend!

big hugs.

Tuck and Justice are at THREE DAY'S!!! :pp_animal_568::magicmoon:

Thanks so much angels.