Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tracy IMOM

Tucker and Justice Van Allen - part 8

6,883 posts in this topic

Tuck is a crazy little dude these past few days. He doesn't have an off switch! LOL.

Justice is hanging in there. He has spent much of the day outside-it's 64 degrees and beautiful. He won't be too happy if we have the predicted rain tmw, although I bet he still wants to hang outside in the rain-better then inside just in case there is a tiny screech from Mandy. :-(

Tuck is at SEVEN DAY'S!!!

=======T :icecream5::icecream2::turtle2: =======

Justice is at THREE DAY'S!!!

============J :icecream3::turtle: ============

Thanks so much angels!

WHOA!!! I've been thinking about you and thought I'd pop in to check on you... sounds like they're really keeping you on your toes lately.... a NEW BABY in the house!!!! WHOOO HOOOOO!!!! :aktion033: And then Tucker decides to eat rocks... and sweet little Mandy just trying to sing a "good morning" song to you while poor Justie needs ear plugs just to wake up "gently" in the morning. I'll tell ya what.. there's never time to get bored in the Van Allen household is there???? :blink: LOL

We're doin' fine here. I'm healing really well from my back surgery.. now I just need to get some new Energizer batteries to recharge me. It's tiring when you haven't done much of anything for four months.. you get really tired from doing nothing. :P I do have to say though that the last 3 weeks since the surgery, little Miss Gidget has been a "very" good girl. She's a real "velcro" dog... I can't go anywhere without her being attached to me lately... thinking about changing her name to VELCRO :lol:

Winter has been kind to us (so far).. we've only had 3 measurable snowfalls (so far)... hoping we don't get a blizzard between now and Spring (of course, we're waiting for the other shoe to drop when Mother Nature decides to give us what she's been holding back all winter) LOL

Take care and give all the puppers some REALLY GOOD belly rubs from me and lots of wiggle waggles from Little Miss.

Love & Blessings

Jo & the Gidge

:WELCOMEPHOTO: little Mandy!!!

:hugs:

:-)))) ; ,,,,,, hey u, thank u 4 the "dancing" wish,,,,,,,

SOOOO glad to hear Tuck is a ball of fire and as for :the Just",,, well, he is just an outdoor kinda fellow so maybe I will send that plane to u guys earlier then anticipated,,,,,,,

,,,we r not dancing, I lost my unemployment and am freakin,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I have been door to door begging for side jobs and have gotten some, all back breakers but it is allowing me to pay some bills,,,,,as for my hands, I have none left,,and I will not dare mention my backs status,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Max is back to his Urine trouble as of this afternoon,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,, it is sooo strange, he does well for a spell, then it comes back,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,we have done lots to keep him on the white but some days he just reverses back to black on it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I just can not put my finger on it, he is on ;;; Uti Free, UR food, ,Uri-Ease chews, for his Urinary problem, and for his constipation issue he is on, Cisapride, Lactulose and Rescue Remedy.

Go freakin figure,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I am over religious about the dose and times so it is not by any means being ignored.

He even gets syringes of water that he loves to suck down in order to make sure he gets plenty of water, plus he drinks well on his own (all Drs orders)

inner ear disaese causing vertigo. Boyz ok.

Thakns angels.

:pp_animal_568:

Hope you are feeling better soon ....hugs to you and the boys

Susan, MisChief

& Angel ZOOM

Hope your feeling better soon, I know the boys are taking great care of their Mom. :wub:

Thanks for the news about Bandit, I hope she is doing ok.

Hugs to you and the boys

Hope your doing ok Cindy. Sending you some healing vibes :heart:

STOP SPINNING YET ?????????????

........MUST BE HORRIBLE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

MEANWHILE;;;;;

onehourahead1.jpg

FEEL BETTER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thakns everyone. ur posts means a lot.

I hope boyz have been seizure free.-at least no GM's, but I have been in bed spinning and hope during FM and other times they haven't broke thru that I didn't catch.

I haven't been able to log on, but spinning has calmed in the last 20 minutes-don't think it's over vbecuz of other signs, but hope it goes away soon. Been on bedding in bathroom forever it feels like.

Thanks angels for keeping the boyz safe.

I'm glad your doing better, hope the spinning stops, I can't imagine how that feels. I'm sure the boys are being on their best behavior while Mom is unwell.

Hugs to you and the boys

Poor Cindy, I have bouts with vertigo and I do know how she feels...no one can imagine what it's like...you are totally unable to do anything...what I have to do is sleep...and I am lucky...usually when that happens when I wake up I'm much better...I am guessing that Cindy on the other hand isn't...

I can't believe she is able to post a thing...I can barely walk.....

Cindy, sending you positive thoughts that the vertigo gives you a break, STARTING NOW.....Hugs, Judy

I have a Polynesian dancing friend that gets it lots and I can tell you,,,,,,,

,,, It is a horrible deal to land,,,,,,,

The spinning and other symptoms that go with it are really horrible.

I wish I lived near by to go and help u with those boyz.

You are one of the strongest gals I have ever ran across so I know u will pull through.

We love u all, and will continue sending good energy ur way !!!!

(I am enclosing this for those that r not familiar with Vertigo)

(Depending on whom u r this song may give u Vertigo)

And 4 all that enjoy "good ole flicks" ;

The boyz are doing OK. Justice is still upset with Mandy's screeching. I had her almost stopped, then I got sick and she is back to lots of screeching. Justie did get a break yesterday and today becuz Carol stayed in from the barn, so Mandy hasn't been crated. Thankfully the vet told Carol today some things to do to get her more used to the crate-hopefully she listens to her.

Hi Deb, thanks so much! The boyz were good according to others. They didn't come in my room much except at night. They wanted to be nursemaids but I couldn't handle them bouncing the bed. They are happy today.

hugs

Hi Judy, I am better, no spinning, but feel like I can barely function-the bathroom seems a mile away. I have been in bed since Wednesday and have lost 5lbs, but the absolute worse was yesterday. It will sound strange but I was in some ways very happy I got so bad with the vertigo yesterday becuz it signals that the autoimmune inner ear disease flare will be over soon-and it ended at 5:30PM yesterday. The not knowing how long I will lose independence when the flare starts with severe tinnitis/deafness and off on on vertigo can last days or weeks-this time it was 5 days-so I was lucky. Once the severe constant vertigo starts and I sleep (like u, that's what really helps) abt 12 hours then the tinnitis (ringing in the ears) lessens dramatically and the vertigo stops and it's over. I never know for awhile how much permanent hearing loss I will have, but the disease is what has caused me to wear hearing aids.

Since we have a different cause of our vertigo, I don't know if u are the same-but if lack of sleep and stress go on for weeks and finally things calm down-BAM! it hits me. I'm glad it waits till I am not in the middle of major stress, but geesh I wish it would just stay away!!

Hope u have been enjoying the warm temps. I never even knew there were such warm temps happening-we could have had a blizzard and I wouldn't have known.

Oh, when I am in the midst of vertigo I can't type--I tried it awhile back and my post was gibberish-LOL. But from Wed-Sat I had waves of it, and tried posting when it wasn't at it worse. Needless to say I didn't post for a few days. I def set up in the bathroom cuz I couldn't even crawl there on Sunday.

Let's hope both of us stay vertigo free FOREVER!

Hugs!!

I need to look back to see how many days the boyz are at. Be back with trains.

Thanks so much angels.

Edited by k9sign

Awww Bibi, how sweet!! Thanks so very much!!

Big hugs!!!

Tuck is at TWELVE DAY'S!!!

===T :icecream5: :icecream5: :icecream2::turtle2: ===

Justice is at EIGHT DAY'S!!!

=======J :icecream5::icecream3::turtle2: ========

Thanks so much angels. And thanks again Bibi--u make me smile!

We are all so heartbroken-one of Carol and David's horses, Desperado (Desi) suddenly died. He was fine this AM, and just hours later was gone. The vet had said a few times that his life expectancy would be shortened due to having pretty bad asthma for several years, but we never expected it to happen now when he was doing pretty well. I learned to ride on Desi, but we all had to stop riding him a few years ago when his breathing got bad-but he was still a very important part in our lives.

Carol and David lost Abbie in January and now Desi. It's just beyond words...

Justice had some partials this AM (not related to Desi). Tuck is at 13 days. :pp_animal_568:

I hope Tuck can stay on the train...

Thanks so much angels.

Cindy, I hope Tuck can stay on that train too.

This has been an unbelievable year for you and your homies, and the IMOM family in general. Please give Carol an extra hug from me, and one for David too.

I was posting to Donna and thought I would pop by. Cindy, you are a beautiful person too. I am wishing all good things for you.

Hi Cindy,

I am so sorry that you have not been feeling well. Amazing how we manage to get through every animal crisis no matter how bad and once things settle and the worst has passed, then and only then do we crash! I hope you are feeling much better and able to enjoy some of the nice weather with the boys.

I am also so sorry to hear about Desi! This has been such a hard time for Carol & David and I am sure that everyone's nerves are just about frayed. Please pass along my condolences on there loss of Desi.

I am glad to hear that the boys are doing well. Tell Justice he has got to get right back on that train.....they were having quite a run there for a while!

I look forward to happy news tomorrow!

Chris :minichien6:

Oh no Cindy, I'm so sorry about Desi. Poor David and Carol, my thoughts are with them :heart:

I'm so glad you are feeling better, and I hope Justice hops back on the train and Tuckie stays on it. Too bad everyone else couldn't have kept up what you had been doing with Mandy and kept her from screeching :(

This year has been horrible so far for us too. One of my friends has throat cancer, the good news is an ear infection may have caught it early enough that it hasn't spread to her lymph nodes. Its smaller than pea sized and this afternoon they are going in and removing it and lazering it shut. She may have to have a couple rounds of radiation at most, but we won't know that until all the tests come back. Then last weekend 3 people drowned in an accident. I knew one of them. We are all reeling from this because even the police cannot figure out how the truck got over a huge pile of rocks to land upside down in a pond. It never should have been able to happen and yet it did. We may never know what actually happened.

I got Jake a squeaky toy and he loves it, more than me lol. Which is good, he's spending more time outside with it (much to Riley's dislike, since he loves to lounge outside) and not following me around. I also think the melatonin is helping too so will continue to use that and encourage him to play outside without me standing there watching.

Here is a little bit of video I took of him.

The weather is beautiful here. today will be the coldest at 55-60 degrees. They are calling for almost 80 next week. Spring has sprung I think :)

Hugs to you and the boys

It's 73 degrees here and a gorgeous sunny day. The puppers are all enjoying being outside as much as possible.

Everyone is outside now, but Tuck is on my bed. He isn't acting quite right today. Carol said he has been a little aggressive and I noticed he is a bit off balance. He was coughing last night, so it may be that his blood oxygen level is low today, or he may be going to have seizure activity. So far no seizures for 2 weeks.

Justice is hanging in there. I took him out today with me when I went on some errands where he could go in with me- so he got a break from Mandy for a couple hours. I took him to McDonalds too (thank u Susan!) and we shared some yogurt.

I think everyone starting today is working to make the crate a more friendly place to Mandy- treats and feedings are happening in the crate, and today Carol and Nancy will start doing clicker training with a "crate game" when I can't do it. It will take a lot more time then if this had been done from the first day that she came here-but better late then never.

Thanks so much Paula. Hugs will be delivered and I know very much appreciated. I hope things at ur job have calmed down and u aren't working so hard! How is Junebug doing?

Hugs.

Awww, Mike, thanks so much. I feel the same abt u!

Hugs.

Hi Chris, I know everyone will appreciate ur condolences-thank you. It's so sad not seeing Desi out in the pasture. He was only 13yo-so very young for a horse to go to Rainbow Bridge.

How are the kids doing? Hopefully no seizures for Amor and no eating of toys for Zombie!

hugs.

Hi Deb, I'm so sorry abt ur friends. Life really can change in just an instant. I hope the friend with the throat cancer will be OK-it sounds promising since it was caught early.

It's been in the 70's yesterday and today. Tmw comes the dreaded thunderstorms-Justice is having a hard time catching a break.

The video is cute. Is that a ring toy that squeaks? I hate that Tuck needs to wear a basket muzzle now outside due to the rock eating, so he can't play with his toys outside. Like Jake, Tuck loves things that make noise.

hugs!

Tuck is at FOURTEEN DAY'S!!!

====T :icecream5: :icecream5: :icecream4::turtle3: ====

Justice is at ONE DAY!!!

=============J :1icecream::turtle: =============

Thanks so much angels!!

Edited by k9sign

Cindy, I just checked in and couldn't believe what I was reading...doesn't it seem as if it's never ending??

Please, give Carol and David our condolences...I know that everyone is feeling just awful over Desi's leaving so early...

I know the view from your window is so beautiful...but you will always remember him out in the pasture...

On the bright side, I can't imagine how warm it is at your house if it's 70 degrees here today...next week is going to be warmer yet...amazing...

We do have to appreciate what we can, don't we.....hugs to all of you...and our sympathies to the whole family...Judy

The boyz are exhausted, as am I. We had severe thunderstorms during the night. Tuck was acting scary last night abt 10PM and I called Niki to make sure I didn't need to do anything else for him--it was like he was hallucinating that an animal or something was crossing the floor-he would suddenly jump up and look like he would if he was stalking something and pounce-trust me there was nothing there-plus he wouldn't respond to me. He did it several times. I treated him with Lorazapam under the tongue and he did calm down and finally go to sleep. So I didn't get to sleep until abt 12:30AM. Then at exactly 3AM I was woken by a bang-it was Justice banging my door becuz he wanted out -there was a storm. Neither of us got back to bed until 7:30AM-well except at one point I slipped back into bed and the clock read 6AM...but at 6:08AM Justice woke again...so we got 8 minutes sleep from 3AM-7:30AM. <sigh>

Both boyz had seizure activity during the time we were awake. Very sad, becuz Tuck was doing so well.

I was pleasantly surprised that the night before that Tuck didn't break through due to the high emotions of Desi's sudden death--so maybe it was just delayed. I kind of hope that's what it was since he hasn't behaved this way before, and maybe he won't again.

Hi Judy, I don't know if u got the storms hanging over u for 4 1/2 hours-but I kept watching the radar on the news after 4:30AM and it just sat on top of us. They would say Mansfield was clearing, but as u know we are SE of Mansfield and that storm liked hanging on top of us. Hope ur kids weren't scared too.

I have pics of u and Kay with Desi-he is also the one that would bow and he showed off for u guys. It was heartbreaking and shocking.

It's 67 degrees at the moment, but will be in the 70's later. At this point we don't want the sun since it will make the atmosphere more unstable and cause storms to pop up again later today.

Everyone says thank u for the thoughts.

Big hugs!

Thanks so much angels!

Cindy, I am so sorry (and shocked) to hear about Desi. It's so hard to deal with the loss of our loved ones, and to have two of them so close together is so not fair. He was a good horse and he was so very loved. :animcndc_sm: