Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Pat.C

Bishop Vrouhas - Case closed

36 posts in this topic

Yolette,

There is an organization for pit bulls that might help Bishop...

contact them right away...it's the first of the year and they may have funding...they also know of IMOM. do an Internet search for:

Pit Bull Rescue Central

PBRC

see if they have any available funding...

by the way, I tried to PM you...your message box is full...you must delete some of the messages so people can contact you...

I just did an Internet search...the website is:

pbrc.net

scroll down the categories on the lefthand side of the site...close to the bottom is a Miscellaneous section...financial aid is the first item there...I think you might qualify once they hear the amount of money you need...fingers crossed!!! They are a great group...

I cannot see Bishop's pictures...don't know if it's me or what...I want to see how cute he is...Judy

I'll be checking back to see what you found out about Pit Bull Rescue Central

Edited by Judy

Yolette - congratulations on the garage sale. $200 is a lot to make in one day and it was all stuff you no longer needed. I wonder if you could try sending an email to all of your friends in your email contact list - explain that Bishop needs surgery, you know money is tight for everyone and ask if they could just make a $5.00 contribution toward his surgery. If you send them the link to the IMOM donation page and they contribute to his surgery through IMOM, there is the added incentive that it is tax deductible. Just a thought. . .

Angels, Yolette is working really hard to raise additional funds outside of IMOM and she is contributing $400 toward his surgery. Do you think everyone could send $1.00 to help Bishop reach all funds raised?

Thanks,

Pat - IMOM

:banana::banana::banana:Woo hoo!!!! :banana::banana::banana: Bishop received donations totaling $25.00.

$2,200 Needs to raise

- 130 IMOM Angels

- 228 Yolette has raised

- 25 IMOM Angels

$1,817 still needed to reach all funds raised.

Bishop's Mom is working really hard to fundraise outside of IMOM to raise the funds needed for Bishop to have his surgery. Please help him if you can.

Angels, could we all check today for loose change and see if we can raise $117 to make it an even number and knock this down a little bit? Thanks to all of you who are helping Bishop reach all funds raised. Let's see if we can collect $117 in donations today. . . .

Pat - IMOM

Hi everybody and thank you all for your hard work - its much appreciated.

On Sunday bishop had another problem, he had a Medial Meniscal Tear (thats the muscle/stuff between the knee) - the vet said earlier that the knee could worsen if it was not taken care of right away - its getting worse every day. I called my mom in Canada and she sent me emergency funds for bishop to have is operation right away - My mom is on old age pension and she needs for me to pay her back immediately and I know that once I accepted this I cannot garner funds from IMOM any longer - I just couldn't hold off any longer, I did not want to lose the leg due to further injury. Yes, I am in a bind now but I only have gratitude for IMOM and other donors and how they try to help everyone.

I will keep you posted on bishop's recovery - I will pick him up from surgery today. He will need many weeks of recovery.

Thank You.

Yolette

I'm glad that Bishop is going to have his surgery. Please let us know how he does.

Since we can no longer accept donations for Bishop I'm going to move his topic to "All funds raised"

Bishop's case is now closed at IMOM. We feel that we were misled in this case and as a result, our donors were also misled.

Surgery is possible without intervention from IMOM. As we have made no guarantee of payment to the vet, all donations to Bishop will be redirected.

If you made a donation to Bishop and would like to have it returned to you, please send an email to treasurer@imom.org

We wish all the best to Bishop and hope for a speedy recovery.

From our policies:

http://www.imom.org/fa/policies.htm

(d) If at any time information given on an application is found to be false or misleading the case will be closed immediately and the applicant notified of our action. If IMOM has disbursed any funds toward veterinary care it is the responsibility of the applicant to repay those funds to IMOM. Any pledged donation from IMOM will be withdrawn.

I don't understand you.

Nothing on my application was false nor was I trying to secure funds when I didn't need them. My mother took out a personal loan (she is on old age pension and lives in Canada). Do you know what its like having to ask an old woman to supply funds. I need to pay her back immediately for this and I can't. So don't make me feel like I misled anyone, I was very appreciative for your efforts. My mother obviously didn't have the funds in her bank or I would never have gone to IMOM in the first place. I am going to have to sell my car to pay my mom back and walk to work for the next year.... so don't tell me I didn't sacrifice all for Bishop you have no right to do so. My life is going to be extremely difficult for a long time to come. Thanks for making me feel even worse with your comments.

Do you know what its like having to ask an old woman to supply funds.

Yes, as a matter of fact I do.

IMOM donors make personal sacrifices to help animals whose caretakers have no other means available. You do not come under that category.

As stated on our web site you did not qualify for financial aid from IMOM:

:pawprint: You could have your pet treated and pay the bill but it would place a financial burden on you.

http://www.imom.org/fa/qualify.htm