Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
LaurieR

Zoey at Rainbow Bridge

14 posts in this topic

Our sweet little munchkin girl Zoey, funny talkative monkey, left us yesterday. Saying goodbye to her was one of the hardest things Larry and I have ever had to do. But her body was failing her. It was time to let her go, although all we wanted, more than anything, was to keep her with us forever and ever.

Monkey, I miss seeing your little face peeking up at me with your adorable mischievous expression. I miss hearing the funny, excited, and unique sounds you'd make as we tickled your belly to start up your purr motor. I miss seeing you trotting after me when I brought you your breakfast. I miss watching you happily "four wheeling" as you explored "the mountains" on the bed at night by climbing up and over your dad.

We had a bit less than 2 years together. In some ways 2 years feels like a long time -- and in every way it feels that our time together ended much too soon. Every single moment with you was such a joy to me and Larry.

We miss you so much. We love you so much.

Oh, Laurie and Larry, my heart is aching for u both. Zoey knew what the words "family" and "love" really meant after coming to u. The 2 years she was with u, she packed every thing in she could before she had to leave-it was the bestest lifetime she could have ever wanted.

I wish words could take away the yearning ache and pain u are feeling missing Zoey. :broken_heart:

I am sending distance hugs and love to u both.

I wish I could be there in person to deliver them, and just lend a listening ear. You know how to find me if u need me.

:animcndc_sm: sweet Zoey

Hugs and love,

Laurie and Larry,

It's hard to not feel cheated when you only had two years together. But you and Zoey knew more love in those months than too many pets ever know in as many years. Although she is no longer with you in body, she will always be with you spirit - in every tear and every smile her memories bring. Look for her sign from the Bridge, where she waits, whole and happy, to be reunited with you someday.

My the passing of days bring more smiles and less tears as you remember your sweet little Monkey. :animcnda_lg:

:hugs:

Cindy

Laurie, you and Larry have my deepest sympathy on your loss. Our furry ones are never with us long enough, but I'm glad for every day Zoey had to spend with you guys. Kay :rose:

Oh Laurie - I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet little Monkey. 2 years or 20...we never have them long enough.

You made her life special for those 2 years. She knew love, comfort, secuity and happiness.

Find comfort in knowing that she watches over you and Larry and your furry family from the Rainbow Bridge.

Fly free sweet Angel Zoey...

I'm so sorry, Laurie and Larry, that Zoey was with you such a short time--but I'm so glad for Zoey that she had that time with you. Had she not found you guys, I shudder to think at the outcome.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Celia

Thinking abt Zoey, you, Larry and all the kitties who must be missing Zoey terribly.

Many hugs and much love being sent ur way.

Laurie & Larry, thank you for giving Zoey two special years with you. I am sure that she was very thankful to have that and especially to have two loving parents at the end. I am sorry she had to leave, but she will always be there spirit.

God Speed little Monkey :animcndc_sm:

Laurie-

I am so sad for you and Larry :( The hurt is so bad and deep when one of our kids has to go on ahead.......I know your hearts are broken, and I am so sorry :(

Thank you for giving little Zoey Monkey a great life......may she visit you in your dreams until you are together again.

<<VERY BIG HUGS>>

Vicky

Laurie and Larry,

I am so sorry that Zoey had to go ahead to the Bridge :(( :broken_heart: It is so hard to say goodbye, no matter how long or how short our time together has been. I'm so glad that you and Zoey found each other. Those last 2 years of her life were filled with unconditional love. I am sure she is watching over you with eternal gratefulness for all you did for her.

:hugs:

Tracy and Cody :heart::stripekitty:

Just want u to know I have been thinking abt u and Larry... :wub:

How are u, Larry and the kitties doing?

Hugs!

Hi everyone, thank you for your sweet and kind thoughts about me and Larry. We miss our little monkey Zoey so much. She was an incredibly funny, special, cantankerous, adorable little old lady. Our house feels very empty without her.

Today I picked up a memorial gift from one of Zoey's vets. After she passed, some of the techs made an imprint of her paw, and created a beautiful ornament with her pawprint and name. I was so incredibly touched, as they hadn't told me they'd done this. It was impossible not to cry when I picked it up from them. I'm going to hang it on the bulletin board in my office so I can see it every day.

They also gave me a card with some beautiful words that I'd never read before:

We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached. Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way. We cherish memory as the only certain immortality, never fully understanding the necessary plan.

-- Irving Townsend

Though it hurts so much when I have to say goodbye to a beloved furkid, I always want to share my life with furry babies. I can't imagine life without them.