Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
LaurieR

Bud Burgeson

59 posts in this topic

I will join an organization that helps PETS IN NEED WHETHER THE EMERGENCY TREATMENT HAS TAKEN PLACE OR NOT

Please do.

To Laurie, who worked hard on this case, and to all the donors who came forward to help Bud: thank you for caring and I'm sorry for the seriously ungrateful attitude of Bud's owner. He sounds like a wonderful dog and we all wish him well.

Please do.

To Laurie, who worked hard on this case, and to all the donors who came forward to help Bud: thank you for caring and I'm sorry for the seriously ungrateful attitude of Bud's owner. He sounds like a wonderful dog and we all wish him well.

PLEASE DO NOT TAKE MY TONE THE WRONG MY EMOTIONS ARE VERY I AM VERY VERY GRATEFUL FOR EVERYTHING THAT WAS DONE FOR ME AND MY DOG BUD!! I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THE FUNDING WAS DENIED IF THE DOG NEEDED EMERGENCY CARE ASAP AND HE IS STILL IN THE HOSIPTAL!! THAT WAS THE POINT I WAS TRYING TO MAKE...

ONCE AGAIN....

THANK YOU TO ALL THE DONORS THAT TRIED TO HELP BUD AND TO LAURIE FOR HER HARD WORK ON THIS CASE!

BUD WILL BE ADOPTED HOPEFULLY OR HE WILL BE IN HEAVEN!!

THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!

I am speechless. So much happened from the time I read the last post until the time I posted. I sorry Jamie that things didn't work out for you and to the IMOM angels...you guys (girls) are so wonderful and the way you come up with the funds needed is AMAZING. Your SUPPORT is AMAZING. Personally, I don't know what I would have done without you. Thank you so much.

Debbie, Lexi, and Amigo :minichien6:

I am speechless. So much happened from the time I read the last post until the time I posted. I sorry Jamie that things didn't work out for you and to the IMOM angels...you guys (girls) are so wonderful and the way you come up with the funds needed is AMAZING. Your SUPPORT is AMAZING. Personally, I don't know what I would have done without you. Thank you so much.

Debbie, Lexi, and Amigo :minichien6:

Debbie -

Thank you...everything happens for a reason and every negative always results in a postive!

I still don't understand their reasoning behind my decline in funds...I raised the money by posting my feelings...Bud is still in CRITICAL CONDITION IN THE HOSPITAL! Maybe the Vet should have put him down...at least then he would not have suffered and he would not have to adjust to a new home...but then again if he is not adopted then he will go to heaven anyways!

ONCE AGAIN...

THANK YOU ANGELS FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND GENEROUS DONATIONS THAT WE MADE ON BUD'S BEHALF THE SAD NEWS IS THE DONATIONS THAT WERE MADE FOR BUD WILL NOT BE USED TO HELP HIM!

THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THE FUNDING WAS DENIED IF THE DOG NEEDED EMERGENCY CARE ASAP AND HE IS STILL IN THE HOSIPTAL!! THAT WAS THE POINT I WAS TRYING TO MAKE...

IMOM helps pets receive care they would not receive otherwise. If a pet is treated before coming to us, the pet is no longer in danger and the owner will not qualify for assistance. This is clearly stated multiple times in our policies and qualifications.

It's extremely rare that we are mislead so successfully but I hope those of you who donated realize that as soon as we found out, we came to you with that news immediately. We are very sorry this happened. As Laurie said, you are welcome to have your donation refunded or reallocated. And as always, we appreciate you.

Cindy/IMOM

You'll find the answer to that question on our web site. Check the FAQ page

IS THIS WHAT YOU ARE REFERRING TOO....) Why won't IMOM reimburse me if I have already paid the vet for services provided?

IMOM does not pay out funds to individuals. We only pay vets and/or approved pharmacies. If your pet has already received the care they need and you have paid the bill there is nothing we can do. We have too many waiting who will not get the care they need without our intervention.

I am NOT asking to be reimbursed Bud is STILL AT THE VETS HE IS STILL IN THE HOSPITAL!!

The Check would be made PAYABLE TO HIGH DESERT ANIMAL CARE HOSPITAL!

IS THIS WHAT YOU ARE REFERRING TOO....) Why won't IMOM reimburse me if I have already paid the vet for services provided?

IMOM does not pay out funds to individuals. We only pay vets and/or approved pharmacies. If your pet has already received the care they need and you have paid the bill there is nothing we can do. We have too many waiting who will not get the care they need without our intervention.

I am NOT asking to be reimbursed Bud is STILL AT THE VETS HE IS STILL IN THE HOSPITAL!!

The Check would be made PAYABLE TO HIGH DESERT ANIMAL CARE HOSPITAL!

No, it's this one:

Question: My pet has already had the veterinary care they needed. Why can't IMOM help pay the existing vet bills? Answer: IMOM cannot help pay existing vet bills because our mission is to see that sick, injured and abused companion animals get the veterinary care they need. If your pet has already been treated, they are safe and out of danger. There are many who are not. IMOM funds are used only for those who otherwise would not get veterinary care.

In addition, you acknowleged the statement shown below which is part of the application.

Acknowledgement I understand that IMOM cannot offer financial aid for treatment that has already been provided or for treatment that may be provided prior to submission and approval of my application.

By typing your full name in the space below you acknowledge full understanding of the above paragraph.

Your name

I'm going to close this topic now as this matter is no longer up for discussion. My best to Mr. Bud for a full recovery.

:closed:

This topic is closed but I have some closing comments. This thread will remain in our community archives.

As with most topics when someone gets angry, things get emotional. I don't like for things to end in an angry manner. This topic began with IMOM asking our community to help us save the life of an animal. Everyone came through just like we knew you would. Then we discovered we had been scammed - and had taken all of you right along with us. Then things got ugly and our qualifications and policies became an issue with the person who had scammed us. Go figure!

Any who have been around IMOM for any period of time will know we always do our very best to help a Pet in Need -- and to insure donor dollars are being spent only when necessary. Necessary to save the life of an animal.

During the past decade we have been continually tweaking our qualifications, policies and procedures. Our focus and our mission have remained steady. First is to always consider the real needs of the pet -- next is to insure we only spend donor dollars the same way we would spend our own personal funds.

It occurs to me that some of you might not fully understand our qualifications and policies concerning help for pets who have already been treated. To explain I'll take you back in IMOM history.

When IMOM first got up and running, we had nothing in the way of requirements. Silly me, I thought people would be straight with an animal welfare org :catwatching: It only took a few weeks to realize we were getting more requests to pay someone's bills than to actually help an animal. IMOM was not founded so we could pay bills for people. IMOM was founded to better the lives of companion animals in need of non-routine vet care. To give hope when there had been no hope.

So why was it decided that IMOM would no longer help people pay their existing vet bills?

One day I got a phone call from the first vet we had ever worked with. He asked if we could help one of his clients who had a real emergency with her dog. I had to say, "No, we have no money".

It was true. We had no money because we heard a sob story from someone telling us they couldn't feed their kids because they had an emergency with a pet. The kind of emergency that needed immediate attention. Their vet went ahead with no guarantee of payment. Their pet was now safe -- and they got help from IMOM to pay the bill.

On the other side of the country, a dog had died because IMOM had helped someone to pay for care already provided. Big mistake and hard lesson learned.

IMOM will never knowingly pay for care already provided again. That was the first qualification ever written for IMOM. It remains at the top of the list today. There are simply too many who won't get care without our help. They are the one's IMOM is here for and will bring to you.

My apologies for letting this one slip through. I am already working on a way to further prevent it from happening again.