Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
LaurieR

Bud Burgeson

59 posts in this topic

I'm allowed to repeat myself because I am not only old, I'm also blonde :catwatching:

I hate to be a PITA :pp_animal_568: but we still only need $240 for Mr. Bud.

IMOM angels...the vet clinic is now open...

The sooner Jaime can call the better...Bud needs this surgery NOW...

Jaime, perhaps you can call and let them know that you are getting awfully close to all the funds raised...

With luck, if you wait just alittle while the angels will have done their thing...

GREAT JOB with your posting...aren't animals SO WORTH IT...Judy

IMOM angels...the vet clinic is now open...

The sooner Jaime can call the better...Bud needs this surgery NOW...

Jaime, perhaps you can call and let them know that you are getting awfully close to all the funds raised...

With luck, if you wait just alittle while the angels will have done their thing...

GREAT JOB with your posting...aren't animals SO WORTH IT...Judy

I have just gotten off the phone with the Vet's office and Bud is doing OK - he is still in pain and vomiting! I have explained to the Vet that I am very close to getting the donations needed to pay for his surgery! They are waiting and getting the room ready...

Here is a funny story about Mr Bud...when he was a pup I watched my neice, Hanna, every week. Hanna was a baby a couple months old...at times Hanna would start screaming at the top of her lungs...when I would go over to check to see what was wrong with Hanna I noticed that her Bottle or pacificer were missing and Bud was no where to be found...the first time this happened I could not figure out what happened to the bottle. I went into my bedroom and I found Bud laying on my bed with the Baby Bottle. He loved the taste of formula and he loved to chew on the pacifiers! Poor Hanna!

In all honestly I started lauging at the top of my lungs! He is so Funny!

I told myself I would never get another pet again you see when I was a little girl I had a cat named Missy. She had health problems too! She developed a cancer and we had to remove one of her back legs - I never saw a 3 legged cat before - at first I was angry at my Mom for doing this to her but I soon learned that she would be OK and she lived a great life after that. When she died I was so heartbroken that I said I would never get another animal again...that was in Jr. High I was about 13 yrs. old because I never wanted to lose another best friend.

When I was 22 yrs old my husband talked me into getting another pet...so I went down to the neighbors and I picked Mr. Bud. I fell in love with him instantly and I spoiled him rotten!!

When Bud became sick the other day I yelled at my Husband and said this is WHY I never wanted another pet again because the heartbreak is too much to deal with...I blamed him and told him that it was all his fault.

As I sit here this morning the song THE DANCE by Garth Brooks comes into my mind because he says in this song...I could have missed the pain but I would have had to miss the Dance...that is so true...I have hope now because the Angels have really stepped up to the plate with donations, thoughts, and prayers for my Mr. Bud...but even if Bud did not survive and he went to heaven to visit GG I would never regret the time that I spent with him. He loved me unconditionally! I never thought another pet could bring me as much joy and happiness as my cat Missy did! Pets / Fur Children are so WORTH IT!

Thank you again!

My husband works a lot and he is not home that much at night and I wanted to let everyone know that Bud is my watch dog. He makes me feel safe at night because I know that if anyone comes into my yard he will not attack but he will bark until he gets my attention!

OK angels...read this post...it says alot...

I told myself I would never get another pet again you see when I was a little girl I had a cat named Missy. She had health problems too! She developed a cancer and we had to remove one of her back legs - I never saw a 3 legged cat before - at first I was angry at my Mom for doing this to her but I soon learned that she would be OK and she lived a great life after that. When she died I was so heartbroken that I said I would never get another animal again...that was in Jr. High I was about 13 yrs. old because I never wanted to lose another best friend.

When I was 22 yrs old my husband talked me into getting another pet...so I went down to the neighbors and I picked Mr. Bud. I fell in love with him instantly and I spoiled him rotten!!

When Bud became sick the other day I yelled at my Husband and said this is WHY I never wanted another pet again because the heartbreak is too much to deal with...I blamed him and told him that it was all his fault.

As I sit here this morning the song THE DANCE by Garth Brooks comes into my mind because he says in this song...I could have missed the pain but I would have had to miss the Dance...that is so true...I have hope now because the Angels have really stepped up to the plate with donations, thoughts, and prayers for my Mr. Bud...but even if Bud did not survive and he went to heaven to visit GG I would never regret the time that I spent with him. He loved me unconditionally! I never thought another pet could bring me as much joy and happiness as my cat Missy did! Pets / Fur Children are so WORTH IT!

Thank you again!

Now, can we help get Bud to surgery? The clinic has been notified that the funds are nearly in...they are prepping the surgery room...can't we get Bud into surgery SOON...we are SO CLOSE...Judy

Here are some more funny stories about my Bud...before I began I just wanted to say that pets are great! My life can be stressful at times and sometimes is crazy and not matter how bad my day is it is such a pleasure to be greeted by Mr. Bud & Spikey because just for a moment or two all of the bad is gone and it is so nice to just laugh!

Sometimes we allow our families and friends to park their boats, trailers, & extra cars/trucks in our yard...everytime a new item is brought in our yard Bud always sneaks over to it and pees on it. We find this quite amusing.

Whenever we have something missing in the yard we always now where to find it...in Bud's castle!

One time my Husband was working in our yard. He had his tool box next to him I was watching through the window...Bud would sneak up behind Matt and take a tool from his tool box and then run to his castle...he did this a couple of times...the next thing I knew my husband is looking for a certain tool in his toolbox and he can not find it. Matt comes into the house frustrated as can be teling me that Jason has been in his tool box again and has taken his tools out and did not put them back. I started laughing...I told Matt I don't think it is Jason I would check in Mr Bud's Castle! Sure enough Matt found the tools he was missing in Bud's Castle! LOL!!

As you can see Bud brings me and my family much happiness so please if you can make a donation to save him any amount is appericated if you can not do this right now then please keep him in your thoughts and prayers!

Thank you for taking the time to read our stories!

Mr. Bud is moving to AFR! :dogsled:

We are only a $40 short, thanks to Bud's new fan club :pp_animal_554:

IMOM will pledge the remaining $40 needed.

Laurie will be calling the vet to make sure they are all ready to go.

OH MY GOSH! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I AM CRYING RIGHT NOW BECAUSE MY MR BUD IS GOING TO GET THE SURGERY HE NEEDS!! THANK YOU! I AM SO LOST FOR WORDS! YOU ARE ALL ANGELS! I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED ON BUD!

Please let us know when Bud goes into surgery so we can start our prayers...

I'll be checking in off and on to see what is going on...CONGRATULATIONS...I am now sending positive thoughts and strong prayers that everything turns out PERFECT. Judy

Mr. Bud is moving to AFR! :dogsled:

We are only a $40 short, thanks to Bud's new fan club :pp_animal_554:

IMOM will pledge the remaining $40 needed.

Laurie will be calling the vet to make sure they are all ready to go.

Hi! I just read online that the funds have been raised for Bud! Thank you so much for all your help and support! In the beginning I did not think that I would get the money that is needed to pay for Bud's surgery and honestly I thought for sure he was going to die but because of the ANGELS my best friend is going to live! He brings me so much happiness and he so loved and I could not imagine spending one day without him! Thank you for the donations, kinds words, thoughts, and prayers for my Bud! I keep you updated on his condition. I hope in the future I will have the ability to give back to the ANGELS and other PETS & FAMILIES in NEED! You are an awesome organization! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Angels, it took me awhile to get through to someone at the vet's office who could talk with me about Bud's case. It sounded like their morning rush was very busy. I first called them at 7:00 a.m. PST, when they opened, but wasn't able to speak with someone until a bit more than an hour ago.

When I was able to connect with the office manager, I learned that Bud went into crisis mode in the middle of the night, and the vet proceeded with emergency surgery after midnight, without a guarantee of funds from IMOM.

While we at IMOM are of course very relieved to know that Bud safely made it through his surgery, we wanted to let our generous angel donors about this, so that you may make a decision about whether or not you'd like your donation to stand. In a situation like this, when something happens in the middle of the night and we're not able to keep you informed about it while it's happening, we do want to make sure you know what we know, when we know it.

If you'd like a refund of your donation to Bud, please email treasurer @ imom.org (remove spaces).

I do hope that Bud is doing well, and hope that we will have an update soon on his recovery and prognosis.

Angels, thank you again for working so hard to help Bud.

My donation stands. I'm so thankful that the vet took action instead of waiting for all the funds.

How is Bud doing with his recovery?

Jaime, have you talked with the vet to see how things went and how the recovery is going?

I'll be anxious to hear what the prognosis is and most importantly, how Bud is doing. Judy

My donation stands. I'm so thankful that the vet took action instead of waiting for all the funds.

Thank you, Lisa. We feel the same way about the vet. We're a little disappointed that they apparently did not tell Jaime that Bud had already had surgery when she called them this AM. Lack of communication can cause things to get way too complicated.

I very upset right now because I received an email a while ago from an IMOM Angel stating that I was not truthful with the Angels...Just to clear the AIR I was not informed when I contacted the Vet this morning that Bud had surgery last night! I have been working very closely with a staff member at High Desert Animal Care Hospital that did not arrive to the office until 10:00 am PST. I know the value of a dollar and to be honest with everyone nobody knows my life story and how hard I have struggled and the obstacles that I have overcame in my lifetime. Trust Me...I have never been wealthly and I have struggled to make ends meet...the last thing I would do is LIE to concerned helping individuals to receive donations to SAVE BUD'S LIFE! If I had the money to pay for the surgery I would have paid for it myself!

I understand that IMOM's must post that the surgery has taken place & I agree with them...please understand that I was trying to get funds to SAVE BUD's LIFE! If any donors would like to recall their donation because the surgery has taken place then I also understand...I have informed High Desert Animal Care that if the funding is not available to pay for Bud's surgery then I would like him adopted by a good Family so he can bring others in this world the same HAPPINESS that he has GIVEN to ME & MY FAMILY for the LAST 8 1/2 YEARS!!

Bud is still in CRITICAL Condition. His guts are messed up and very bruised! I will not know for the next 24-48 hours whether the surgery was a sucess! I will keep everyone updated on his condition.

Thank you again to all of the ANGELS who have donated funds for Bud, the kind words that have been sent to me, and all of your prayers & thoughts!

All of you are truly ANGELS - I hope to contunie to work with this organization in the future!

Jaime...

I will continue praying for Bud's recovery...

At this point in time I have to say, bless you for telling the clinic that Bud should be adopted to a family that would love him...

I am thinking that he's going to recover and come home to the family that loves him.

I can see that you are upset...From the posts on the forum that we've seen there has been no one claiming you have lied...

Please keep us posted on Bud's recovery...

If surgery was done in the middle of the night I can understand the confusion that could take place with the shift changes...which only makes matters worse.

IMOM is a very caring organization, as you have seen...keep the faith...Judy

You did a terrific job of posting and keeping everyone informed...even when you were terribly upset.

Jaime...

I will continue praying for Bud's recovery...

At this point in time I have to say, bless you for telling the clinic that Bud should be adopted to a family that would love him...

I am thinking that he's going to recover and come home to the family that loves him.

I can see that you are upset...From the posts on the forum that we've seen there has been no one claiming you have lied...

Please keep us posted on Bud's recovery...

If surgery was done in the middle of the night I can understand the confusion that could take place with the shift changes...which only makes matters worse.

IMOM is a very caring organization, as you have seen...keep the faith...Judy

You did a terrific job of posting and keeping everyone informed...even when you were terribly upset.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING! No one on the posts called me a Liar but an I received an email that said I was not HONEST with the ANGELS! I hope the last post that I made my tone was not too harsh...I was so HAPPY & EXCITED this morning when I read that the FUNDS have BEEN RAISED...when I got the email after that stating that the funding may not be available it CRUSHED ME to say the LEAST!

But ALL in ALL What MATTERS is BUD's Surgery as of this moment was a SUCESS!

Thank you again!

I can understand the emotions are running high for you and for all that are worrying about Bud...

I am glad to hear that at the moment things are good...

I am sure that Bud has a few more hurdles to overcome.

Has he been able to eat? And, I'm guessing he'll have to go potty...

Poor guy has been through so much...I will keep checking in to see what is happening here. Judy

Edited by Judy

I can understand the emtions are running high for you and for all that are worrying about Bud...

I am glad to hear that at the moment things are good...

I am sure that Bud has a few more hurdles to overcome.

Has he been able to eat? And, I'm guessing he'll have to go potty...

Poor guy has been through so much...I will keep checking in to see what is happening here. Judy

No, he can not eat. He is being given liquids through an IV. They told me that they will try tommorrow to give him food...if he eats it we are in good shape...if he doesn't eat then we are in trouble.

Please keep him your prayers & thoughts!

Angels, I was asked by Bud's vet to contact them to further discuss Bud's case. When I did so, I was told that Bud had his surgery last Friday, July 11. This contradicted the conversation I had this morning with the office manager at the vet's, who told me that surgery occurred in the middle of the night last night. I was unable to receive clarification about why I was told something completely different this morning, but the person I spoke with about an hour ago was very clear that Bud received treatment last Friday when he was first taken to the vet. She said that Bud's condition was so serious, they could not wait even a few hours for surgery.

As stated in IMOM's financial aid policies (http://www.imom.org/fa), an applicant does not qualify for financial aid from IMOM if their pet has already been treated and they have, or will have, an outstanding bill they'd like help in paying.

Because Bud received his treatment before Jaime contacted IMOM and began the application process, she does not qualify for financial aid. This is a final decision of the board of directors.

For those of you caring angels who donated to Bud, you may contact our treasurer, Juli, if you'd like a refund of your donation. Please note that Juli will be unavailable until next Monday, July 21, but she will respond to your message after that time.

I understand that Bud is still in critical condition. I know that everyone who has worked so hard on Bud's behalf, and donated to him, hopes that he will stay safe and have a successful recovery.

I'm a little confused! I do understand the policies, but am I correct in assuming that no IMOM funds will be disbursed to the vet in this case? Was that office involved in the deception and, if not, will it hurt IMOM's relationship with that clinic for future cases? This must have been a really tough situation for the board. Hopefully, Bud will recover and have a long and happy life.

Kittygirl

That's right NO FUNDS ARE GOING TO HELP BUD!!!!

I must have misunderstood the policies. But I do have a question...why is that your policy? Do you really think Bud will be happy when he no longer lives with the Family that he has had for 8 1/2 yrs? What if Bud is not adopted you think that him being killed is better then helping a needy family? If the surgery was not performed on Friday he would have DIED! All I want is my DOG! Being that you are all animal lovers and ANGELS you should understand that when a dog is in need a dog is in need - WHETHER THE PROCEDURE HAS TAKEN PLACE OR NOT!!! I COULD UNDERSTAND IF THE PROCEDURE WAS NOT LIFE THREATENING OR PERFORMED WEEKS AGO...BUD IS STILL IN THE HOSPITAL - HE HAS NOT BEEN RELEASED TO COME HOME!!! HE IS STILL IN A CRITICAL STATE!!

One more thing I wasted close to $30.00 on faxing paperwork to you...since the people who are asking for the $ lack extra funds maybe you should change this policy! Just a thought ponder!

Anyways Bud will be adopted hopefully if not then he will die...

Thanks for the kind words & I will join an organization that helps PETS IN NEED WHETHER THE EMERGENCY TREATMENT HAS TAKEN PLACE OR NOT...WHAT IF YOU WERE IN MY SITUATION...WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE...THINK ABOUT IT...

ONE MORE THING I WOULD LIKE TO ADD - I DID GET ANOTHER DONATION FOR $200.00 BUT IT IS NOT ENOUGH TO CARE FOR ALL OF HIS MEDICAL BILLS!

THANK YOU TO THE SUPPORTIVE ANGELS!