Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
LaurieR

Bud Burgeson

59 posts in this topic

Diagnosis: Intestinal obstruction

Amount of estimate: $1760. Applicant has obtained pledges in the amount of $550 from other organizations. We need to raise $1210.

Spayed or neutered: Yes

Case worker: Laurie

Bud is a handsome 8-1/2 year old neutered dog with an intestinal obstruction (it is suspected that he ate a rock). Bud needs emergency exploratory surgery tomorrow to remove the obstruction.

Because of the extreme urgency of Bud's condition, we will not be putting up a PIN page. But here's what his mom, Jaime, has to say about him:

I picked Bud out when he was just a pup from my neighbor that lived down the street. I chose him because he was the quiet little pup that was sitting so calmly in the cage with the other puppies. Little did I know that Bud's personality would blossom into one that I really can not explain in words but when I think of Bud and the past eight and half years that I have been blessed to have him in my life a smile creeps upon my face and I start laughing. Bud was the first pet that I got after my cat, Missy, died when I was in Jr. High. I have so many great stories to tell about Bud he has been quite a character...he is known to jump like a reindeer he can clear a fence that is over 4 1/2 ft tall. One time when my Father in Law came to visit My Father in Law was talking to my neighbors and for no reason Bud went up to him and peed on his leg!! You should seen the LOOK on my Father in Laws Face - it was priceless to say the least!! Bud has also borrowed many items from us - one time my Brother left his wallet on our patio table & when found it days later in Bud's Dog House. Bud thinks he a lap dog and his favorite place to sit is on you. He has a blockage in his intenstine an if not removed within the next 24 hours Bud will die. I am mother of two children that is facing some money problems and I do not have the money to pay for the costly surgery to save his life. Please pray for my Mr. Bud (that's his nickname) I consider him one of my Children and I can not imagine life without him. Thank you for taking the time to read my story.

Angels, Bud really needs our help getting to AFR overnight so he can receive surgery tomorrow. A donation of any size will truly make a difference. Please earmark your donation "GF - Bud Burgeson." To donate, please go to:

http://www.imom.org/donation

When making your donation to Bud, please consider a small donation to our operating fund so we can continue to pay for operating expenses.

Thank you for helping Bud,

Laurie / IMOM

post-31-1216089507_thumb.jpg

Hi! I am Jaime Burgeson, Bud's Mom. Any donation at this time will help save Bud's life! Please help! I am going through some money troubles right now and I promise to donate money to this organization as soon as I am able too. Thank you for taking the time to read our story!

Please keep Bud in your prayers!

Thanks!

Jaime :sad:

post-3234-1216089909.jpg

Hi Jaime ! I am not able to donate as my own pet is a PIN on IMOM (Pin = pet in need). By my crew and I will be saying prayers for Bud to get funded ASAP. I know the IMOM angels will come out even in the middle of the night to help Bud !

Hi Jaime ! I am not able to donate as my own pet is a PIN on IMOM (Pin = pet in need). By my crew and I will be saying prayers for Bud to get funded ASAP. I know the IMOM angels will come out even in the middle of the night to help Bud !

Thank you for your prayers!

What a handsome boy Jaime!! I hate the thought of him suffering. He's so cute I'm going to give up a week's worth of my favorite Starbuck's drink...toffee nut lattes with shots of vanilla...to donate. Please IMOM Angels, let's band together tonight to get the $$ needed for this sweetheart!

Prayers for Bud from Texas...

Jennifer

:pp_animal_568:

What a handsome boy Jaime!! I hate the thought of him suffering. He's so cute I'm going to give up a week's worth of my favorite Starbuck's drink...toffee nut lattes with shots of vanilla...to donate. Please IMOM Angels, let's band together tonight to get the $$ needed for this sweetheart!

Prayers for Bud from Texas...

Jennifer

:pp_animal_568:

OMGOSH! You are an ANGEL! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I am new at this and I hope that I am posting right...First of all I would like to make mention that I am an emotional basketcase right now so please excuse me for any grammar and / or spelling errors that I might make.

Bud or aka MR. BUD, he got this nickname because he is the King of Our Castle! LOL! I never owned a Boxer before and honestly would tell anyone looking for a new Dog to get a Boxer. Bud has the most playful personality. When he wakes up in the morning and I let him out of his kennel he is always so HAPPY to SEE ME! I swear his does this dance (or at least I call it the Mr. Bud Dance) he wiggles his butt & tiny tail so FAST! It is really cute. Most of the time Bud sleeps in his mansion Dog House that is located inside his kennel. Yes, his Dog House is big enough for 4 or 5 Boxers. He shares this Dog House with his Best Friend, Spike. Spike is a toy chihuahua, Spike aka Spikey weighs about 5 lbs. At first I was nervous to get a new puppie with Bud I wasn't sure how he would take it but he LOVES Spike - it is very funny to see them play together! Bud likes to bug Spike to get Spike to chase him around the yard! Here is a picture of his Best Friend....

post-3234-1216093418_thumb.jpg

I would like to tell you what I discovered the morning that I knew something was wrong with Bud...I am hoping by sharing this information others will learn because in all honestly I thought he just ate something that upset his stomach...but then as if he was talking to me through his eyes I knew something was very wrong and that he needed to get to a Vet ASAP!

Bud has very expressive eyes...infact I always know when something is up by Bud's eyes and actions.

When I went to let Bud out of his kennel I was not greeted with the HAPPY BUD that did the Mr. Bud Dance! That was the first sign something was wrong. I offered him his breakfast and fresh water and he would not eat instead he went to the door and waited for me to let him in. Soon after he went back to the door to be let out as soon as I opened the door he went outside and started vomiting! The vomit was clear in color and he foam on the side of his mouth. The foam was white and some of it had a yellowish / greenish tint to it. The vomiting did not stop. I noticed that in between the vomiting Bud would shaking and when he walked he was very wobbly. My first thought was that he was bitten by a rattlesnake or maybe a black widow...I examined him and I did not notice any wounds and there was no swelling (I live in a rural part of California - the country). In fact one time when Bud was a Pup he tried to attack the local Black Bear (more to come on that story)...I waited about an hour or so to see if the vomiting would stop but it did not.

I called our local Vet in town and they said bring him in right away! Bud was not able to jump into the back seat of my little car (I drive a Ford Focus - it is great on gas which is very important where I live because gas in costs more than $4.55 per gallon!)! Bud loves car rides as long as the AC is on - he HATES the Windows down and he prefers to ride in the Passagener seat sitting up...LOL!!

I picked him up he weighs alot for me to pick up...I am kind of a weak small women. In fact my 11 yr old had to help me put him in the back seat. He laid his head on my 2 yr old daughter's car seat and off we went to the Vet's office. Bud was really good in the car he did not Vomit until we got to the Vet's office. When we got their they did the full examination on him and then told me that he had something internally wrong. They wanted to keep him for observation and to run some tests on him. Keep in mind Bud is still vomiting everywhere.

I got a phone call a few hours later from the Vets telling me that the xrays & ultrasound shows that a forgein object that is solid is stuck in his intenstine. They told me I have 24-48 hrs to get Bud into Emergency Surgery or he will die. The Vet office did not have a staff member on site that day that could perform this type of surgery but they could refer me to some Vet offices.

To be contunied....

I am crying...balling to the point that my Husband can not understand me...I call the Vets that they refer me too and they gave me a verbal estimate of $3,000.00-$4,000.00! This made me cry even harder because I do not have that type of money right now. The economy has had a major impact on our business infact we have lost alot of Customer's in the last two months because they can no longer pay for the service that we provide them.

I am determined to SAVE BUD's LIFE! I find a Vet in the AV area - Palmdale that is less expensive and they tell me they know of organiztions that help people help pets in NEED! I rush to get Bud from the local Vet and I drive over the speed limit to get Bud to the Palmdale Vet. When I get there I do not experience the greatest welcoming that causes me to breakdown crying in the lobby - I then spoke very loudly to the receptionist (she is too busy on the phone discussing her weekend plans) that Bud is dying and he needs help ASAP and I am not STRONG ENOUGH to CARRY HIM INTO THE VET's OFFICE. Two nurses run out to help me and carry Bud into the office for me...it was so sad he was in so much PAIN and I could TELL he was SUFFERING. Thank God they gave him medicine to help with the pain and put him on an IV so he does not get dehydrated! They wrote up the estimate and gave it to me which then caused me again to start CRYING HYSTERICALLY!! As I look at the estimate of $1,700.00 + I knew I was going to have to send my Baby to heaven and I was not ready to have him leave me this soon. I LOVE HIM! When I told the Dr. that I could not afford the surgery and I asked how much to put him down because I don't want him to suffer he last days suffering in PAIN the DR told me about various organizations that help people like me...here I am trying very hard to raise the money to save BUD'S LIFE!!!

PLEASE HELP ANY AMOUNT OF $ HELPS & IF YOU CAN NOT DONATE ANY MONEY THEN PLEASE KEEP BUD IN YOUR PRAYERS!

THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS & I HOPE BY SHARING MY STORY OTHERS WILL LEARN FROM IT!

As I mentioned in one of my Posts I would share with you the story of the time that Bud tried to attack the local black bear that came into our yard...keep in mind Bud was only a Pup maybe 4 months old and yet he thought he could take on the black bear that came visiting one Sunday Morning. This was before Bud had his Kennel & Castle Dog House...more to come on why he has a kennel & Castle Dog House...Bud was only 3 or 4 months old I had just brought him home it was a Sunday morning and my Husband & I were trying to sleep in (our Son was at Grandma & Papa's House). We heard Bud barking like CRAZY OUTSIDE I mean he was really upset over something...the next thing we knew our phone was ringing we let the machine pick up and we heard our neighbor telling us that a Black BEAR had jumped our fence and was roaming in our Backyard...my Husband JUMPED OUT OF BED as FAST as he could and ran outside to get Bud. On his way out he kicked out bed and broke his toe! LOL!! When he got outside Bud was barking alright at the black bear that was in our back yard - the bear was at he bottom of our slope - Matt snatched Bud up and ran inside - When he got inside and laid back down in bed he then realized he broke his toe!

Bud was happy because he got to come inside and lay in bed next to Mommy & Daddy! :)

When Bud was a Pup his favorite acitivity was to sneak out of our yard and bug the neighbor's horses or roam the streets - he always got out of the yard when we were not home or at night - he learned quickly that he got in trouble if we caught him out of our yard. We caught him one day squeezing under the fence so my Husband & I went to the local hardware store and bought some chicken wire or something similar to that to nail to our fence. The process of nailing the wire to the fence took a LONG TIME. One day after we had all of the wiring on the fence we were driving up our street and Bud is running down the street - Matt (my Husband) and I are wondering how in the heck did Bud get out of the yard...soon to find out because we caught him Bud can jump like a reindeer! I am not joking even the neighbor saw him one day and was shocked that Bud could jump so HIGH!

He doesn't jump that often anymore because he hurt his leg really bad one time...he sprained his leg...we had to take him to the Vet because he was limping so BAD!

So we went to the local hardware store again and bought a big kennel to lock Bud up in when we leave for the day and at night. This really was for his protection we were afraid that one of the neighbor's horses would kick him one day because he like to try and bite their feet...this caused them to run around in the corral and he likes to chase things!

The first Dog House we bought him he chewed so we bought him a bigger Dog House (the Castle) that he LOVES as long as he has a fresh bowl of water & clean shavings!

His is too FUNNY!!

I was just thinking and the thought of Bud not greeting me when I come home makes me cry. Now that Bud is older he has calmed down and he doesn't try to jump the fence that much anymore because when he does it often results in him hurting his legs so he gets put in his kennel at night and not during the day...he knows the ound of our Cars and he runs to our car doors and does the MR BUD DANCE :motimonkey: (his tail is shorter then this and his wiggles his tail & butt a lot faster but it is similar) when we get home...it always makes me laugh and brings me so much happiness...I can not imagine what it will be like when I do not get this greeting from BUD!

PLEASE HELP ME SAVE MR BUD!! HE IS A GREAT DOG! HE HAS BEEN NUETERED AT A YOUNG AGE. HE IS UP TO DATE ON ALL OF HIS SHOTS! I HAVE SHOWN HIM LOVE AND IN RETURN HE HAS LOVED ME AND BROUGHT ME SO MUCH HAPPINESS! HE IS MY BEST FRIEND!

PLEASE KEEP BUD IN YOUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS! I AM PRAYING FOR A MIRACLE BECAUSE I DO NOT WANT MY MR BUD TO DIE!

If Bud does NOT get the surgery in the next 24 HOURS he is GOING TO HEAVEN!!

HE IS IN SUCH MUCH PAIN - HE WINCHES AND IT HURTS FOR HIM TO WALK AND HE IS ONLY ABLE TO SIT AND LAY CERTAIN WAYS!

WHEN HE LOOKS AT ME WITH HIS EYES HE LOOKS LIKE HE IS CRYING!

PLEASE HELP SAVE MY HANDSOME BABY....post-3234-1216098794.jpg

I HAVE TO TAKE A BREAK BUT I WILL BE BACK SOON TO SHARE MORE STORIES ABOUT MY MR. BUD!

Jaime, thank you for telling us so much about Bud. I really feel like I know him. I can tell he is a special boy, and that you love him very much.

Angels, Bud really needs our help getting his surgery tomorrow. Please, if you're able, consider making a donation of even $5 or $10. Every little bit really does make a difference.

My Husband & I were just talking about Bud and he reminded me of the time that we had a Black Bird over population in our backyard...we were both amazed when we looked out our kitchen window and we saw Bud JUMPING UP TRYING TO CATCH THE BLACKBIRDS! We both wanted to know why Bud wanted to catch the Black Birds? Why didn't he like the Black Birds? We soon found out the Black Birds would eat his food out of his bowl! He caught a Black Bird one day! Trust me the ones that he did not catch the pecked him good...poor Bud!

I am starting to get tired even though I know I will not get much sleep tonight because I am worried but I am going to try but before I "hit the hay" I wanted to share one more story about my MR. BUD...This is one of my favorite stories...Some friends of ours gave us three turtles that live outside...we set up a kennel for them with a little dog house for them to sleep in at night.

The entire time that we were setting up the kennel curosity was getting the best of Bud...he wanted to know what was going up in HIS yard! He smelled everything that we brought into the yard and sat and stared at us as we assembled the kennel.

When we got the kennel assembled, the sand placed in the dog house, the water hole dug, etc we brought the turtles and placed them inside the kennel. Bud sat outside the kennel for hours looking at the new strange creatures in his YARD! It was quite funny because he would turn his head to the side and stare as if he was thinking and studing the turtles! We even found evidence that he tried to dig his way into the kennel to get a closer look at the turtles. When I would go to feed the Turtles he would run into the kennel and try to eat their veggies. He soon learned that he did not really like the taste of strawberries, corn, lettuce, & other vegies that we gave the Turtles.

He was so Funny to watch!

I was nervous because Dog's have been known to flip Turtles on their back and if they can not flip themselves back over then they will die. But Bud was smart he knew not to hurt them or flip them. He would smell them but that's it!

Please help save Frankie, Roxy, & Foxy's :turtle2::turtle: (those are the turtle's names) FRIEND MR. BUD!!

Any dollar amount will help our MR BUD!!

Thank you for taking the time to get to know my Best Friend, Mr. Bud!

Jaime, u are doing an amazing job of posting and really bringing Bud into people's hearts!!

I am also a PIN mom, so am unable to donate, but wanted u to know u are in my thoughts.

One of my little mini schnauzers, Justice, got into insulation (with fiberglass) last thursday-he isn't doing well with vomiting and also his seizures (he is epileptic)-so I feel for what u are going thru with the vomiting.

Please angels--Bud doesn't have much time. He needs this surgery ASAP!!

Jaime is doing an INCREDIBLE job for Mr Bud. Please can u help? This is life threatening.

Thanks angels!!

Oh, Jaime this emoticon is of one of my mini schnauzers, Tucker (also an epileptic). When Tuck was having a good day, I would post his butt was wiggling. That turned into a wiggle butt day. That became WBD.

Since u said Mr Bud wiggles his butt, I wanted to wish that soon Bud and u both have a WBD!!!

:wbd3:

I know there are angels in the background working to save Mr Bud.

Jamie,

I hope you were able to get some sleep last night, I know how worried you are about Bud. Your stories about Bud are delightful. He sounds like an amazing, much treasured dog. The IMOM Angels are all pulling together for him. Each member of the community offers what they are able - some help cheerlead, others are able to help with donations, prayers, positive thoughts and always lots of love. As the community members wake up and check the forum today, you will feel the prayers, positive thoughts flowing your way. I'm going to be offline most of the day today but thoughts of Bud will travel with me and prayers will be flying to CA. Hang in there Sweetie, the IMOM Angels are with you & Bud.

Hugs & Blessings coming your way,

Pat IMOM

Jaime, I want to commend you for doing a terrific job of posting when I know how terribly upset you are about Bud...GREAT JOB...

IMOM angels...Jaime has worked hard to raise funds from other sources and in a short amount of time. This is truly a serious and dangerous emergency...we must rally and help this beautiful boy out...He is SO LOVED by his family...that is apparent...and he must have his surgery TODAY...

I wish I could do more, but I will MATCH the next $200.00 that comes in...that is a good start to the funds needed...

PLEASE, let's get this boy fixed..he has a family that loves him and wants him home again. Judy

We have $300 for Mr. Bud that came in before Judy's challenge to match $200.

Bud needs a total of $1210 to get in for surgery. If we deduct the $300 in donations up to this point, Bud still needs $910.

Now, thanks to Judy, you have a chance to double your donation up to $200.

This is LTE for Bud. If we don't help he will not get surgery. We have raised way more than this is record time. I know we can do it for Bud.

We have $100 for Judy to match.

We now need $710 for Bud

The vet opens at 7 AM Pacific time. If the funds are available we can tell them to go ahead with surgery so this sweet furkid can get better.

post-3234-1216098794.jpg

Here's where we stand with Mr. Bud...

He needs a total of $1210.

We received $300 in un-matched donations. Leaving a balance still needed of $710

Judy presented a challenge to match up to $200. Judy's challenge has been met - leaving a balance of $310 still needed.

We received a donation of $70 after Judy's challenge had been met.

All Mr. Bud needs now is $240.

:pp_animal_554:

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH ANGELS! I AM IN SHOCK RIGHT NOW!! I am honestly lost for words! Thank you to everyone who has helped Mr Bud through donations and the kinds words, prayers & thoughts to help him! We are almost there...THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

I realized this morning when I came online that there really are GOOD people in this WORLD!!

Angels, this is amazing. I went to sleep last night thinking about Bud, and he was the first thought on my mind this morning when I woke up. Judy, thank you for the matching challenge. And thank you to all the angels who've donated. Oh, I am so excited! Bud only needs an additional $240 to get to All Funds Raised!