Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Judy

Gracie Belle

60 posts in this topic

Dale and I are so happy to announce to our IMOM family that Gracie Belle became part of our family on May 31, 2008.

As you all know, Sunnybank is a very important part of my life and I have never had the privilege of owning a collie...well, after regular visits to Northeast Ohio Collie Rescue's petfiner page, I found a sable headed white girl that needed an understanding home where she could learn the finer points of life...Poor thing spent her first five years living outside and producing one litter of pups...since she was rescued at the end of April she has been in four different homes...bless collie rescue for saving her and hopefully soon she will know that she is safe and learn to be a happy girl...

Dale and I are waiting for the day she first wags her tail...Rylee is impatiently waiting for the first day that Gracie will play with her!!!

For the time being Rylee has to be content to receive sweet collie kisses as they both lounge on our bed.

I have sent a photo over for Juli to post for me...so you all can get your first glimpse of Gracie and Rylee. Happily, Dale and Judy

Congratulations Judy and Dale and Rylee! She's just gorgeous. She found the most perfect home for her to blossom in. Here she is!

P6190018.jpg

And with her sister Rylee Jean!

P6190019.jpg

Oh, Rylee looks so like she is ready to teach her sister to play -- and to chew :) and doesn't Gracie have the cutest paws ever! I'll be sure to pack a couple extra hairbrushes for my next visit!

Congratulations!

Kay, I can't believe you mentioned her paws...I think she has the cutest feet...

Terhune always wrote how Lad had such tiny white paws...and I look at Gracies and they are SO BIG...I just love them...

I hope she settles in soon...she needs alot of reasurrance...poor girl...even Rylee gives her kisses and hugs...Judy

What a beautiful baby girl Gracie Belle is. I love her feet too!

I am so happy for you. She is just beautiful. I hope she realizes soon she is in a safe and loving home. May she and Rylee Jean have a long and wonderful friendship.

Love and prayers

Someone hit the doggy jackpot!!!

Congrats Gracie Belle! (and of course Judy, Dale, and the rest of the pack)

I am glad the girls like each other! That is huge!!!!

More pictures please. :)

Congratulations Gracie Belle!!! You landed in a great place with great people. And they lived happlily ever after...

Celia

I just had to share this with everyone...last night I was reading my book and Dale was watching TV and I looked down at our girls...and there was Rylee sleeping on her back...her legs resting on Gracie and Gracie was also on her back with her legs straight up in the air...

It was just the sweetest thing...

Little by little Gracie is getting alittle more confidence...I am hoping that before you know it, she'll be happy and wagging her tail...Judy

Miss Rylee is hoping for a romp in the back yard with Gracie at her side...

What a beautiful girl! I can't wait for the time that you're able to post and tell us her tail is wagging like crazy. Congrats to you all on your newest family member.

OMG - she's beautiful, I am crying tears of joy for both of you!!!

Rylee looks like she's able to teach Gracie the ropes. As you know, having a problem collie boy (with that stubborn streak), the process was so so loong, but all the more rewarding. Is Miss Gracie good with grooming? Seems like many of the rescue collies can be a grooming challenge. Gracie looks very sweet and gemtle. I can't wait to hear more about her.

I check the collie rescues petfinder pages almost weekly - I think I recall seeing her face on NOCRs webpage. If I had more room here, I would love to bring another rescue collie home with me.

Collie hugs!!!

Oh Judy...

I am so very happy for all of you. She's just beautiful, and by the looks of it, Rylee is going to help her get settled really fast. I could just see them sleeping on the floor with Rylee's legs resting on Gracie and Gracie sleeping with her legs up. What an awesome visualization.

She looks like such a happy girl, and I know she's happy to be with you... I'm sure it won't take long for her to realize she now has a loving, forever home.

WELCOME TO THE IMOM FAMILY SWEET GRACIE BELLE

:claphands::WELCOMEPHOTO::claphands:

CONGRATULATIONS MOM, DAD AND RYLEE ON YOUR NEWEST FAMILY MEMBER!!!

:aktion033::happydance::aktion033:

Edited by MikesMom

Oh Judy what a beautiful girl Gracie is. And her name fits, she looks soooo graceful. I'm so happy for Gracie and for you and your family. I just know she'll be wagging her tail very soon.

Welcome to IMOM Gracie, we are so happy you are here

On Saturday Gracie will have been part of our family for a month...

I can see that she is improving somewhat but it's going to be alittle longer before she's comfortable.

It's so sad to think that she doesn't know that she can relax and ENJOY...she seems to be more alert and likes people but she is still somewhat nervous..

Her favorite is her DAD...but he babies her, gives her little treats and let's her just relax in bed with him under the ceiling fan...

Mean Mommy makes her do terrible things...like go outside to go potty, tries to make her eat her food in the kitchen instead of the living room, horrors, go for a walk and worst of all, go in the car...

It's OK with me that she's so close to Dale...she needs someone to be safe with and what a better person than him...

Rylee desperately still wants to play...that's not happening yet...but hopefully soon she'll know that she can run and play and WAG HER TAIL...Judy

Andee still doesn't know how to play with other dogs. I find it so sad that these rescues have missed out on so much. If is wasn't for the tennis ball, Andee wouldn't know what play was about, it helps him cope with his stress, course it's a game it can't live without.

I find it very sad that Gracie probably didn't play with her pups, probably because she doesn't know how to play. Poor sweet baby, I hope you start learning about how great it is to be a dog in Judy and Dale's house.

Just checking in to see how things are going. Has Gracie settled in enough yet to feel comfortable? I can't wait till you tell us she's wagging her tail and learning to play. I just know that Rylee would love playing with her. Sweet Rylee, I'm sure, is being patient while she's waiting.

Post some more pictures if you've got them too. Give them both a bunch of hugs from me and nose kisses from the westies.

Love & Hugs

After seeing the picture of Gracie Belle, I had to go check out Sunnybank... and got a double treat-- I got to see a picture of IMOM's own Judy.

She is really pretty- seems very serene. I grew up next door to a collie named Jill. Gracie Belle is the spitting image of her.

I'm so happy for you, Judy, but most of all I'm so happy for Gracie Belle.

Thank you Paula for letting me know that Judy's picture is on Sunnybank's web page.

Hey Judy.. I SEE YOU!!! :-D It's so great to put a face with a name.

When I was at Sunnybank's site, I read the story about Bobby... what an amazing dog he was. I cried when I read how he went to the bridge... it had to have broken Bert's heart.

But.. on to happier things... How is Miss Gracie doing? I'm hoping by now, her tail is wagging and she's able to have begun playing with her sister. I'm so glad she found such a wonderful Mom and Dad as you two... and I'm sure she understands now that you are only there to love her.

Waiting to hear some good news about her progress.

Love & Hugs

Hi Splight...

Just wanted to share some new pictures of the puppers with you. You'll see why I think Gidget is a mix. Cute as can be... but definitely not full Westie. Oh well.. guess it's not her fault.. I'll have to forgive her for it.. besides.. she's still just too darn cute.

Mike & Gidget- May Thru June 2008

Give the boys some hugs from Auntie Jo and nose kisses from the Westie and PESTie

Love & Hugs

Hello all...CatsPaw and Joanna...THANK YOU for checking out Sunnybank...it's my passion...between IMOM and Sunnybank I'm a pretty busy girl...

Joanna, Bobby's story is something...but APT had a way to write that brought you right into the life of the animal...

I have met two of IMOM's own at Sunnybank....Linda IMOM and Femgeek are also Sunnybank people...and we meet at Sunnybank once a year...in fact, I will be going on the 14th for a long week end there...

Now, about Miss Gracie...she is coming along slowly but surely...she has a long way to go but the wonders of the collie are coming out in her...she has had a trip to the vet in the car and did really well...she now goes outside without coaxing or being put on a leash and she has a smile on her face...my friend, Diane came over and was so happy to see that she had a happy look about her...plus, she likes visitors...

That has done alot for Rylee who is afraid of people...of course Rylee is jealous...she can't stand to see Gracie getting pets and not her...but it's a good thing...she's loosing up alittle herself...

We have a long way to go, but every day gets alittle better...we are still having some potty issues but we're working on that...Judy

Edited by Judy

Just checking in to make sure you and Dale made it home safely.

Hey Judy - what's the penalty for a collie barking agressively at the bust of APT?. Andee pitched such a fit, it must be the most disrespecful thing a collie could do to APT, even when Andee finally braved a sniff, he was very nervous about the bronze face looking at him.

Hey Judy - what's the penalty for a collie barking agressively at the bust of APT?. Andee pitched such a fit, it must be the most disrespecful thing a collie could do to APT, even when Andee finally braved a sniff, he was very nervous about the bronze face looking at him.

Well, I'm not Judy...But I'm sure that APT understood fear aggression, and would have worked through it with Andee. So I think he'd forgive Andee for barking at that bust. Now, if Andee had PEE'd on it...? :blush:

Roberta

:collie:

Well, I'm not Judy...But I'm sure that APT understood fear aggression, and would have worked through it with Andee. So I think he'd forgive Andee for barking at that bust. Now, if Andee had PEE'd on it...? :blush:

Roberta

:collie:

Hey guys...Diane, Dale and I got home around 9 pm last night and it was straight to bed and right to work...BUT, wasn't the Gathering the BEST!!! Plus, we got to see each other...at the best place ever.

Linda...I think perhaps Andee got some vibs from APT...I feel that he is always with us when we are there...and even though he didn't like people invading his privacy I know that he is pleased that Sunnybank is safe...and it will continue to "be" for a long, long time...

And Roberta is right...APT understood...he wouldn't have minded Andee's actions one bit...

Thanks to you both for supporting Sunnybank...it means TONS to me...Hugs, Judy

Always glad to attend the Gathering. Even the weatherman ensured us great weather!

No, Andee did not leave a peemail message for APT on his monument. :)

In thsat aspect - "he done me proud".

Try to get some rest - I know how tough it is to trudge back to work after putting in a long drive.

Hugs to Gracie and Rylee!

Edited by Linda IMOM