Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Guest Linda IMOM

Tucker and Justice Van Allen - Part 7

1,233 posts in this topic

Hey Cindy...

Just stopped in to check on you and the boys. I am so very sorry that Justie is having so many problems... and you too. My gosh... things have been such a roller coaster for you. I just pray that everything gets better soon... that the jets stay out of your ears and sweet little Justice gets his energy back.

Things are pretty status quo here.... just worried about you guys.

Give the boys some belly rubs from me and nose kisses from the Westies.

Sending you healing prayers.

Love You

Joanna, Mike & Gidge

Tuck is at THREE DAY'S!!!

=============T :icecream3::turtle: =============

Justice is at ONE DAY!!!

=============J :1icecream::turtle: =============

Tuck is licking his legs <sigh>--no change since taking him off the thyroid med--but it can take 2 weeks to know. Frustrating though!

Justice is napping.

Hi Tammy, thanks for checking on the boys. Oh, my, yes, I am beyond thankful the boys are fully sponsored. The angels have always wrapped their wings around both boys to keep them safe...and thankfully more angels have been added-to make sure there are no empty spaces. We are so blessed! hugs

Hi Deb, I just answered Debbie on FB. I hope it's the right Lexi I talked abt. LOL. I am hoping she is "Lexi's grandma".

I can only use Tavist for the boys allergies--but it hasn't done that much good. I wish I could use benadryl for the boys--but it lowers the seizure threshold. Justice has started itching the past couple days--things are blooming early. I am sure since the Budesonide is causing the Iatrogenic Cushings, that being it's a steroid-it was really helping his allergies. Poor Justice, I hadn't even thought abt how his allergies will be now. It does make me sad to see how Justice is feeling.

hugs to u and the kids!

Hi Jo, I am glad things are status-quo, and not any worse. I hope u are doing well too. I think of u all soo often.

I haven't been to the blog for abt a week-I usually pop in. So, I need to see if there is an update on all u guys!!

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. I am just so worried abt Justice...

hugs to u and the kids!

Thanks so very much angels!!

Tuck is doing fine. In fact he is trying to take a bite out of the vacuum while Carol sweeps. I ask him to sit/stay while I vacuum, and he is a good boy. Carol acts exasperated when he tries to go after the vacuum, but I keep telling her what to do, and she doesn't--so I think she secretly enjoys him being silly like that.

Justice is still very quiet and sleeping. He went out for a few minutes today, but came back in and got in bed. I haven't heard yet from Niki abt his labs.

Last night he started pacing and whining. I took him outside a few times, but he didn't need to go. I gave him some sublingual meds in hopes it would prevent a seizure, and I held him for a long time. He finally fell asleep, and slept thru the night-without seizures.

I hope to be able to get back on later.

Thanks so much angels!

Tuckie is snoozing and snoring beside me. He had a busy day since it was "cleaning day" downstairs. All the toys need to be put away so the family room can be vacuumed. Well... u put a toy away...he gets another one out. He'll even sneak around the other side of the recliner downstairs (the basket is behind the recliner), and get some out--while the human is on the opposite side. He also will grab toys and run with them up to my room. So, the small toy box in my room is quite full tonight. LOL.

Tuckie is at FOUR DAY'S!!!

=============T :icecream4::turtle: =============

Justice is at TWO DAY'S!!!

=============J :icecream2::turtle: =============

Justice is the same. His labs came back (in fact I just got them abt 10PM), and everything looks good. The only test way off was his CK (also known as CPK), and normal is 20-200. Justice's was over 300. BUT, no worries. It is a test for the heart and other muscle problems. When u have been sick or doing strenuous exercise, among other things--it is elevated. Justice had the seizure earlier that AM, and not only that, Niki said with the amount of tremors in his back legs--well it's not surprising it was high. So, everything else was good. His blood glucose was 99 (and he wasn't fasting)-so we aren't worried abt diabetes with all the drinking. It looks like all this is either from Iatrogenic Cushings...or actual Cushings.

I keep asking when Justice will be Justice again--u know, when will he be a "stinker" again. He will get his last dose of Budesonide in the AM--so I want to know when (if it's the Budesonide causing the Cushings) he will be better.

The hair thinning will take weeks and sometimes months to grow in normal--so I can't use that as a barometer of how he is doing. Apparently the muscle tremors and fatigue will take awhile to improve too. So, the only thing I can gauge him with immediately is the water consumption. So now everytime someone is at the water bowl, I am watching to see if it's Justice. He is so obvious at the bowl though...the lapping of water goes on forever. We even have had company that has stopped to see who was drinking like that. I *think* he may be drinking a little less. Yesterday I saw his drink for a normal amount of time--of course later he drank like a camel again.

Gotta let the boys out, and give meds.

Thanks so very much angels!!!

The boys are hanging in there. Tuck has played with toys several times. Justice was a little more active this AM, but then I am guessing his last Budesonide (steroid) dose kicked in, and he is back to sleeping away from everyone.

They both made it through the night seizure free, and Justice never got up to drink water during the night. :pp_animal_568:

Have a great weekend everyone!

Thanks so much angels!!

:wbd3:

Tuck is at FIVE DAY'S!!!

=============T :icecream5::turtle: ===============

Justice is at THREE DAY'S!!!

=============J :icecream3::turtle: ===============

Thanks so very much angels!!!

g'nite!

:wbd3:

I'm so happy to see that both boys are on the train! The Cootductor has been moving a little slowly the last few days, so if he's not quite up to driving the train, I know one of the other kitties would be happy to take control.

I do hope that Justice is a stinker again soon.

Sending lots of hugs to you all.

The boys made it through the night just fine.

I'll try to get back tonight to update, and hopefully do 6 days and 4 days!

The jet engine is back, and I am having some vertigo off and on.

Thanks so much angels!!

Hi Laurie, please give my Coot man some belly kisses. The boys send licks and nuzzles and hope Coot will feel better. A few times the train was speeding last night...the boys think Coot was napping, while another kitty was practicing. LOL.

Hugs to everyone!!