Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Guest Linda IMOM

Tucker and Justice Van Allen - Part 7

1,233 posts in this topic

Tuckie is doing fine. He is snoring away in the recliner.

Tuck is at FOUR DAY'S!!!

=============T :icecream4::turtle: =============

Well that was the good news-actually great news abt Tuck.

The bad news:

Justice's labs show he is NOT hypothyroid. In my heart I knew he wasn't-the drinking LARGE amounts of water was not a hypothyroid symptom, as well as some other symptoms. He even is getting up during the night to drink like crazy (his glucose was normal last time).

I spoke with the IM vet on the phone last week (sorry , I am sure I am repeating myself-but I am sick with the news he isn't hypothyroid since that would be easy to control). I asked him what happens if Justice isn't hypothyroid. He was sure Justice would be hypothyroid for a couple reasons--one that this didn't happen right after starting the Budesonide, and also that Justice isn't on a high dose of the Budesonide -(he even hoped to raise the dose). I asked again what would happen if he isn't hypo-t-- I am sure the IM doc would like to take back what popped out of his mouth-he said it "will be a nightmare". Plus, the neuro was abt to increase Justice's seizure meds before he started on the Budesonide, becuz his IBD was causing worsening seizures. The Budesonide made it so he didn't need a seizure med increase.

I am praying that taking away the Budesonide takes his Cushings symptoms away. The stress of the Cushings symptoms are making his seizures much worse. The IBD symptoms make the seizures worse...this just breaks my heart for Justice.

I need to go and try to regroup my emotions...

Thanks so very much angels!

P. S. thanks Michelle

I don't have specifics of how we are going to wean Justice, or treat him, but this is what they hope is happening with Justice:

This is what steroid induced Cushings symptoms is called:Iatrogenic Cushings Disease

I got the 2 following paragraphs from different sites:

Iatrogenic Cushing's Disease: Treatment of this form requires a discontinuation of the cortisone that is being given. This must be done in a very controlled manner so that other consequences do not occur. Unfortunately, it usually results in a recurrence of the disease that was being treated by the cortisone. Because there may have been adverse effects on the adrenal glands, treatment is also needed to correct that problem.

from a different site:

Similar effects can result from an extended course of corticosteroid treatments, such as prednisone, that might be prescribed to treat allergies or non-infectious chronic respiratory diseases like asthma. This is sometimes termed iatrogenic Cushing's syndrome; iatrogenic literally means physician caused. Technically this is not Cushing's disease because it is not caused by a tumor but the excessive administering of a glucocorticoid, so it is poisoning. Many medical drugs are poisons if taken to excess.

The thing I don't like abt the "iatrogenic", and it meaning "physician caused" is that it sounds like a vet did something wrong giving 'excessive' meds. Justice has NEVER been on an excessive amount of Budesonide (steroid). He has been on a "cat size dose" since August ($). Last month the IM doc wanted to increase the Budesonide to help get even better IBD control, but I couldn't afford it--the one time I am happy I couldn't give him a med he needed!!

This steroid is made to go directly to the intestine, with very little released in the blood stream.

Justice must be extremely sensitive to steroids, like his mom. I am on a high dose of steroids, and the docs call me "steroid sensitive", becuz I gained like 60 lbs very quickly, became 'steroid induced ' diabetic and it causes my eye pressures to go high.

I guess Justice is the same.

I can't wait until Tuesday to get a plan together. I can't just stop the Budesonide--but boy I wish I could. I see him drinking and trembling, and it's hard knowing the drug I will give him tmw morning is making him worse...

4 more mornings...

The boys are sleeping.

Thanks so much angels!

Tuck is looking out the window, hoping to see something he can bark at.

He just came inside from the big yard, and when the weather is so nice like this, all the dogs want in and out constantly--and to bark at things. It's 68 degrees right now!!!

Justice went outside, but only for a few minutes. He has been sleeping all ady. He was having loys of partials/CP's and a GM last night.

I had tears in my eyes and a sick feeling when I had to give him his Budesonide this AM. It would be dangerous for Justice if i tried weaning, or even just skipped a few doses of the drug, without knowing how to do it safely.

He is obviously not feeling well, Normally he would be out running around, and digging--and hard to get to come inside. But he is quiet and gets tired easily.

With all Justice's symptoms getting worse, and being so obvious, I have not been so worried abt Tuck. I need to take him to get his bile acids done on Wed--not sure if the IM doc will want Justice to come to. Tuck is doing pretty well-he gets tired quickly too-so I pray his liver is functioning well.

Hi Jean, thanks. I am looking forward to Tuesday too.

I hope u are having this sweet weather up there, that we are down here. It's very overcast today--but a breeze and warm. Perfect. Hope ur pack is enjoying similar weather! Thanks for checking on the boys. We really need our friends support. It's going to be a long several days-waiting for a plan, and for Tuck's bile acids results. Hugs to u and the pack!

Debs, thanks so much for adding to ur sponsorship to help Justice. It means so much.

Angels, Debs has the amount Justice needs to get both seizure meds, down to $65/month. Please if anyone can help sponsor Justice for any amount, or send in a one time donation--it would help little Justice. He is having such a hard time with his seizures--I can't even bear to think of the neuro having to pick between seizure meds and doses if he isn't fully funded.

I know all of u care for Justice, and if u are able, u will help. Thanks so much!

Thanks so much angels!!

Tuck is on the bed watching me on the computer. He is sleepy, and considering just plopping down and going to sleep.

Justice is sleeping on the floor-he is panting a bit. It's unusual for him to be in the bedroom on the floor, unless it's a very hot summer day.

Tuckiebutt is at FIVE DAY'S!!!

=============T :icecream5::turtle: =============

We have some thunderstorms coming during the night. It's already very windy. I think it's why Tuck hasn't plopped down to go to sleep--his ears are moving all different directions listening to the wind.

Thanks so much angels!!!

Tuckie is doing pretty well. He seems a bit 'off' in the brain-just not all in there. But he has been playing and romping with toys. He is snoozing on the recliner in my bedroom--snoring. LOL.

Justie had some partials and CP's during the night. I had hoped to talk with the neuro tmw, to see if we could do something before the IM doc gets back on Tuesday. I called Mari's VM a few minutes ago--and the neuro is not back until Wednesday! So, I don't know if the IM doc will need to speak to the neuro on Wed before they come up with a plan. Poor Justice. This breaks my heart.

We have had rain much of today. Storms will be here later.

Angels, please if anyone can become a sponsor for Justice, so he can get both seizure meds--I will be so grateful. Any amount of sponsorship is so welcome, and one time donations are welcome too.

We bless and thank all of u.

Thanks angels!!

Tuck is at SIX DAY'S!!!

===========T :icecream5::1icecream::turtle: ============

It has started thundering--we are under a severe thunderstorm warning. So, gotta get off the computer.

Tuck is OK.

Justice is pacing-he normally doesn't worry abt a t-storm, so he is prob going to have some seizure activity at some point. <sigh>

OK, thunder is close.

Thanks angels.

Hello how are you? I had to look for you, and found you. How are those little guys. It looks like from what I have read that we are both waiting for Tuesday, and I know for me it can't come soon enough. I also am unable to donate, but I am praying for your sweet little ones. I am so sorry for your pain. I hope you get good news. I wish so much pets could talk, but I think because they can't makes us understand how to communicate with them better. I have told everyone I know about what these angels have done for me, I hope this will send you donations your way. Hang in there lady, may god bring good things your way!

Sending our love Lara and family

Both boys are off the seizure free train. <sigh> Justie had CP's and Tuck had a grand mal.

The 3 of us are very tired!

Hi Lara!!!! Oh, how sweet of u to find us!! With all ur worry abt Daisy Mae, it is especially meaningful u took the time out to check on us, and send ur thoughts and prayers.

Yesterday, I was just thinking abt u waiting for Tuesday, and me waiting for Tuesday-but for totally different reasons... and yet... not so different, becuz we are both waiting anxiously to get help for our furkids.

Lara, u have been a remarkable PIN mom. If anyone reading this has not checked out Daisy Mae's thread-well u would see what the IDEAL PIN parent does for their beloved furkid. When Lara's internet went down, and she couldn't post, she even got on horseback to track a neighbor down, to ask to use her internet so she could post at IMOM. She loves her Daisy mae so much!

Daisy Mae is having surgery tmw, and I know Lara would appreciate prayers for her furbaby! Daisy Mae was just moved to All Funds Raised--her surgery is Tuesday!

Thanks Lara. Hugs!!

Thanks so much angels.

Edited by k9sign

Tuckiebutt had a CP seizure at 8PM. He is sleeping now. He was romping in the yard earlier, and has been playing with his toys.

Justice had a CP this eve too. The boys are taking togetherness too far!!

Justie's IM doc comes back tmw. He has been away since last Thursday, and I know he will have lots of in-patients to take care of, as well as his regular IM patients. But, I so hope he makes time to call abt Justice. I wonder if he will want Justice to come Wed to MedVet with Tucker. I hope to know tmw...

Tmw there are t-storms predicted, so I will get online when I can--esp if/when the IM doc calls.

Just a quick note to let you know I'm thinking of you. I'm so sorry the boys are off the train, and I'm praying for better health for all three of you.

Angels.. PLEASE... our little Justice needs sponsors. Please do whatever you can to help ease Cindy's (already frazzled) mind and help our boy get his meds. If you can't be a sponsor, check your couch or car seats for loose and lost change. Every little bit helps.

Love You Guys!

Tuck has been OK since last night. Justie had some partials during the night.

Since the IM doc just got back to MedVet this AM, after being off for several days, I was shocked when I got a phone call a little after 9AM from him. He said "I hear little Justice isn't doing too well."

So, now we have a plan. He said we have 2 options--take Justice totally off the Budesonide, or go to every other day dosing, and see how it works. His preference is to take him totally off the Budesonide...at least for now. We are going to wean him off (he said normally u can just take them off the drug, but with Justice so sensitive, that he will feel better weaning him off). He takes it every other day for 7 days , and then every 3rd day for 2 doses. He wants him totally off, since we can't do any Cushings or other testing while he is on a steroid. He did say that during the weaning period if Justice makes a 100% turnaround, and is drinking normal amounts of water and playing, that it will be telling, that this was from the Budesonide- and we may be able to keep him on a every other day schedule. He is hoping by the end of the weaning that Justice will be doing much better. If Justice starts to flare from his IBD, but we know the Budesonide is causing the problem, he may put him on a "kitten dose" every other day. He was very surprised he is having Cushingoid symptoms on a "terribly low dose" of Budesonide. But, if he is that sensitive, it may be why such a low dose helped Justice so much.

Thankfully Justice doesn't need to go with Tuck tmw to MedVet.

Today starts Tuck's 24 hour fasting. I take him to MedVet tmw--but he won't see any docs--just draw blood/eat, then draw blood again in 2 hours--then we leave.

So, I'll be home in the afternoon.

Hi Jo, thanks so much for helping make a plea for Justice's sponsors. Boy "frazzled mind" is so true. As u said, it really would help my frazzled mind to know Justice can get both his seizure meds later next week when they need to be ordered. Thanks for the prayers and cheerleading!!!

Hope u guys don't get all the thunderstorms today!!

Hugs to u, Mike and Gidget!

Hello so happy The vet called you . Wishing you the besthope those plans work for you. I posted back to you in Daisy's post' but you don't have to ansewer me I came here to read it.

BIG HUGS TO YOU TUCKER & JUSTICE !!!! AND A RUB ON THE BELLY TOO!!

Loads of vibes and good thoughts on their way for Justice. I hope that the reduction of the Budesonide works and he can just have a small dose and all his symptoms go away.

I'm curious do they check his sugar level? I know one of the symptoms of diabetes is drinking large amounts of water. You may have already covered that one and I didn't see it.

I'm glad I can help the boys Cindy (yep I am a partial sponsor for both of them) I wish I could afford it all.

Please Angels, help these guys, Cindy is the most caring Mom. We need 13 people to throw in $5 each a month. $5 isn't much just have to give up a couple cups of coffee at Dunkin Donuts a week is all. And believe me its worth it for these two. I threw in $10 a month to get it going, so c'mon lets tick this off the list and get these guys their seizure meds.

I am sooo glad I had not given Justice the Budesonide this AM before the doc called. So he didn't get it today. He is really not feeling well at all. All he wants to do is sleep. Of course sleep is good for him, but it shows he is feeling even worse then he has been. When he is up his little back legs just tremble (part of Cushings symptoms). At least I am hoping there is a light at the end of the tunnel as far as the Cushings symptoms.

Tuck has been running around with his toys. He has a pile of them that he puts one toy on another toy, and another toy--usually all on top on a pillow or doggie bed that is dragged out to the middle of the floor. Then he jumps in the middle of the pile and wrestles, and tosses the toys around. He puts some under the pillow or bed, and hop's on top--he just has his own game he made up that is so cute.

Hiya Lara, I have been pacing, pacing, pacing...waiting for the time that u are able to call the vet abt Daisy Mae. U both have been on my mind ALL DAY!

Thanks for checking on the boys! They loved their hugs and belly rubs!

Hugs.

Thanks so very much angels!!

Edited by k9sign

Loads of vibes and good thoughts on their way for Justice. I hope that the reduction of the Budesonide works and he can just have a small dose and all his symptoms go away.

I'm curious do they check his sugar level? I know one of the symptoms of diabetes is drinking large amounts of water. You may have already covered that one and I didn't see it.

I'm glad I can help the boys Cindy (yep I am a partial sponsor for both of them) I wish I could afford it all.

Please Angels, help these guys, Cindy is the most caring Mom. We need 13 people to throw in $5 each a month. $5 isn't much just have to give up a couple cups of coffee at Dunkin Donuts a week is all. And believe me its worth it for these two. I threw in $10 a month to get it going, so c'mon lets tick this off the list and get these guys their seizure meds.

Hi Debs, aw thanks for cheering for Justice abt getting sponsors! I am getting a bit worried, but I have a week before I need to order Both Justice's seizure meds. I just know some angels will come through for Justice...I pray at least they will.

Justie's glucose was OK.

Thanks so much again Deb for sponsoring both the boys!!

Big hugs!

Hi Cindy

It's been a minute since I've been on. Just didn't bother anymore when Coqui passed. But I thought about you and the boys often. Had to check in on you guys. Please tell me what I need to do to be one of the 13 to do $5 a month...I wish I could do more but I have yet to get a job in my field. But count me in for the $5 and praying I can do more later on.

I still miss my baby so much, but I still have my baby Pancho...soon to be 3 years..And Keira is no longer the baby I posted, she is a toddler who is into everything.....Talk to you soon

Monique'

post-2608-1236719246_thumb.jpg

post-2608-1236719295_thumb.jpg

post-21-1236374056_thumb.jpg

Are there any angels in there??

Can u bees an angel sponsor, and helps me gets my seizure medicine??

You got some help coming from me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tank u verrrrry muchness!

Love,

Justice

Hi Cindy

It's been a minute since I've been on. Just didn't bother anymore when Coqui passed. But I thought about you and the boys often. Had to check in on you guys. Please tell me what I need to do to be one of the 13 to do $5 a month...I wish I could do more but I have yet to get a job in my field. But count me in for the $5 and praying I can do more later on.

I still miss my baby so much, but I still have my baby Pancho...soon to be 3 years..And Keira is no longer the baby I posted, she is a toddler who is into everything.....Talk to you soon

Monique'

Oh, Monique, I have thought abt u so often!! I am so glad u came and gave an update!! Oh my, Keira is already a toddler!! Gosh how time flies!!! Look at that gorgeous face on that little one!!

I am glad u have Pancho. Even though he can never take the place of Coqui, it's nice to have a pupper who was a pal of Coqui's still be with u.

I don't know what to say abt ur offer for $5/month to help Justice. It amazes, and humbles me that angels like u, who don't have extra money would be willing to help Justice. It is a wonderful gesture, and so generous...just be sure it's really something u can handle. $5/month is a lot when u have such a big family, etc.

IF u feel u can do it, u just click on the following link, and pick what u want to do. You can pick monthly sponsor, or even a one-time donation.

I, of course, have never done this...but I know they always say to specify the name of the PIN. So it would be Justice Van Allen

No matter what u decide...I am touched.

How is Izzy? How are u??

Big hugs to everyone!! Thanks!!!

http://www.imom.org/donation/ please specify Justice Van Allen

Thanks so much angels!

Just stopped by to check on the boys. Sorry to hear they are both off the train. Since it was so nice outside here today, we all went running around the house, first we went forward, then we did it backwards. I'm pretty sure the boyz will both hop back on the train today as this usually works. It is supposed to get cold again later this week so we put in a few extra runs around the house to cover them through the weekend. The funny guys with the butterfly nets appeared just as we were finishing the last round of backwards runs - I sent them to Kat's and said she put me up to it. LOL

Hugs to you and the boyz.

Pat & The Spoiled Royals :motimonkey:

We are fine. Izzy has been doing well. She is doing a little play at the Lexington's Children's Theater this month called the Watson's go to Brimingham. Her health is still stable. She has a endoscope and biopsy coming up next month, but so far she is staying stable. We are having a hard time keeping up with what triggers her because it seems her reactions to different things come on so fast, it's rough. But she is a tough young lady. My older daughter is getting ready to graduate and plans on going to WKU and my son is in college now studying art. He finally realizes, 20 with a baby and no education is not a good idea if he wants the best for his daughter. He married my grandbaby's mom in September and she is now starting school also..We are all together and making sure everyone is doing what they need too...

My Pancho is doing great. Just a big old bed baby. He struggled for a long time without Coqui. He loved wishbone but she was older when he came along and didn't play with him so much. But her loss and Coqui's a month later did bother him. He was depressed, just laid down and slept most of the day. But when Keira started getting around better, he became her walker and seemed to snap back. He jumps his 100lb self in my bed and starts snoring everynight before I do.

I haven't gone back through your links for Tucker and Justice, but if wouldn't mind just updating me to them, I always thought about you guys....I could never forget the kindness of IMOM and you and others to me. I really wish I could take care of your pups meds myself every month, who knows oneday I might. But for now, I will get no less then the $5 to Justice every month. I'll have to mail it as I don't use a checking account or my debit card except for my mortgage right now. Everything else I just pay in person or send a money order. Keeps me from messing up and bouncing anything.

Anyway, I will get that out tonight...And I'll get it out the first of every month to you guys....

Talk to you soon

Monique

post-2608-1236722581_thumb.jpg

post-2608-1236722621_thumb.jpg

Edited by Isadora3

post-21-1236374056_thumb.jpg

Are there any angels in there??

Can u bees an angel sponsor, and helps me gets my seizure medicine??

Tank u verrrrry muchness!

Love,

Justice

Okay, I can never resist that picture! :-) (Though it doesn't look like it came through in the quote, for some reason...?) Dunno if I can sponsor Justice on a regular basis, but I just sent in $60. I THINK that should give him enough for his next round of meds. Let me see how the next couple of paychecks pan out, and maybe I can do a little more...

Roberta

Cindy

My whole household is throwing in cash, we have collected $30 for Justice....It's been mailed and hopefully IMOM will get it by Friday or Saturday....I'm committing to the $5 a month for him but I'm aiming for it to be more every month. I'm going to ask my big sis too, she knows how much you all helped me.

Talk to you soon

Monique

Edited by Isadora3

WOW!! WOW!!! Oh, thank u Monique and family, and Roberta!!!

Justice WILL have enough for me to order his meds next week.

You guys are awesome. I am just so happy, and it feels like a huge weight has been taken off me.

I have to go tell everyone and do a happy dance with the boys. I will be back.

OMG, this is awesome. U guys ROCK!!

OH, this is soooooooo exciting, lets play now Justice!!

Tank u vewwwwy muchness for helping my brother gets his medicine!!!

Tank u vewwwy muchness to my newest angels fur helping me!!

post-21-1236727182_thumb.jpg

WE LOVE YOU ALL!!