Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Guest Linda IMOM

Tucker and Justice Van Allen - Part 7

1,233 posts in this topic

Justice is the only one on the train.

===============J :icecream3::turtle: ================

Tuckie hasn't had any more seizure activity since near 1PM today. He is sleeping on the recliner in my bedroom with me. Justice is wiped out and down on the couch.

Justice and I are heading to Columbus in the AM. He has a derm appt at MedVet-so we'll be gone all day.

Finally a day of driving with no rain!!

I will check back in tmw eve.

Thanks so very much angels.

**edit to add--as soon as I hit send--Tuck started having more CP's. He has butt meds onboard now.

I'll update tmw eve. night

Edited by k9sign

EWWEEEE Japanese Beetles... eeeyuckie!!! I know they're a delicacy someplace in the world, but I don't think homegrown beetles are the highest quality to choose from. Oh Justie.. you just have to maintain a more delicate palate. B)

Hopefully, Tucker won't stay at the station too long. Maybe he just needed to get his train-legs situated and will be back on soon. By the way... Tuck.. have any valium you'd like to share with Auntie Jo? I could use it sometimes when cousin Gidget gets going. :rolleyes:

I'm with you, Cindy. It feels so great to have two days forecast without rain or storms. They're suppose to start up again on Thursday... like I've said before (someplace) I wish Mother Nature would save some of this rain for August when we need it. I think we've all had about enough.

Gidget is actually doing pretty well lately.. (I'm whispering that so she doesn't hear me)... she's actually doing what she's "suppose" to do "where" she's suppose to do it the last few days... and she's becoming a bit more mellow too (which causes me to believe there might be hope for her yet) :lol: She really can be a sweetheart (when she wants to)... other times, she's the toughest tom-boy you've ever seen. I just love her so much :wub: ... even though sometimes it's hard to like her. :angry:

I'm not sure how Mike's doing. I left a message for Dr. Blaha to call me when she gets home. His appetite is good, and he's acting good... but... (there's always a "but") in the early evening and on thru the night, he's started panting a lot, and when he's sleeping at night his respiration quickens... alot. Debbie suggested it might be pain, and I'm thinking she's right. The reason I'm believing that is that after giving him a Tramadol (and it kicks in), he seems much better and is able to sleep without interruption. Without it, he tries to sleep but then jerks awake and sits up and pants really hard. My poor boy... I hate seeing him like that. I didn't want to call the vet, because I'm afraid he's going to have to remain on pain pills, and I don't want to load his system up with that crap... but if I have to, I guess I have to.

Anyway... other than that, everything is pretty good around here. I still haven't started work yet, but I'll talk to her about that when she calls later too. Give the kids some hugs and belly rubs for me.

Love Ya

Hi everyone,

Sorry this is so late. It was a very long day for both me and Justice.

The derm vet is having me give Tavist for a couple weeks to Justice to see if his itching improves. I read a post at a site that evaluates dog food (I don't remember the name), but someone mentioned the food Justice is on has some fish in it as the EFA's or something (sorry I am really tired). So I need to call the company tmw to see if that's true. We *think* he is itching from the high pollen level with grasses-but the allergist said she will be angry if it has fish and not labeled, since she recommends the food often.

Tuck is doing pretty well.

Tuck is at ONE DAY!!!

=============T :turtle::1icecream: =============

Justice is at FOUR DAY'S!!!

============J :turtle::icecream4: =============

Well guys I have my bro's Mac. The screen is only 13"!!! But beggars...

I know I will get used to it, and from what everyone says I will love it.

My major problem?? Well my ISP has been MSN for years. I found I can get online thru MSN's hotmail, and I can READ my emails--but not respond. How dumb is that????

***edit to add-I don't know why the msn tech said I can't do anything but read--I CAN reply from hotmail on the web--so I can use my msn addy!

So he got me a Mac addy. I think u can use 5 addy's when u get some program he has-so I have one of those.

I would like to use my gmail-but so far am clueless. So, those that send me emails--I will read them, but will reply with a new addy.

I wish MSN and Apple would play nice with each other!!

Hi Joanna, I hope the forecast changes...although maybe with rain/storms there will be less fireworks. This is the first year someone is setting off fireworks and caps. The boys almost jumped out of their skin tonight-so did I. It was quite unexpected.

I read abt Mike and Gidget yesterday I think. It does seem like the pain meds are helping with the panting. May be coincidence or not. I will be anxious to hear what the doc says.

I hope the fireworks don't bother them too much.

I hope Gidge keeps improving, and Mike too.

hugs to the 3 of u.

Thanks so much angels!!

***edit--Tuck fell off the train with some CP's abt 11PM...

He has been restless and "off"--that's why it's nearly 3AM and I am here. He fell asleep a short time ago-so I am gonna try to join him.

night.

Edited by k9sign

Doggone it.. I was so excited to see both boys were on the train.. and then I got to the bottom of your post. I wanted to congratulate both of them and jump up and down and clap hands... well.. I'll do that anyway, cuz I just know Tuck's gonna get back on that train today. :bravo:

:happydance::claphands: (Come on now Tucker.. don't make a fool out of me here.. and don't make me come after you... GET BACK ON THAT TRAIN!!)

Love you all loads

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to quickly let u know how the boys are doing.

Justice hopefully will be at 5 days later. He was outside quite a bit early this AM, before the heat kicked in.

Tucker had the CP's during the night, and is def not himself today. Both of us are in "sick bay" today, and nursemaiding each other.

Hi Joanna, well maybe tmw Tuck will hop back on. I wish storms were not forecast tmw thru Saturday. But maybe they will stop some people from setting off fireworks in their yards.

I still can not believe that Ohio sells fireworks, and u must sign something saying u will not set them off in OH since it's illegal-u must take them out of state to use them. Yea right! What, they think that many Ohioans will be making a mass exodus to Indiana or something so they can set off their fireworks??? How dumb is that!

Only community one's are legal-and there are plenty of fireworks there.

I just hate how they scare pets...

I hope the kids are having a good day!

hugs to all of u.

Thanks so much angels!

Justice hopefully will be at 5 days later. He was outside quite a bit early this AM, before the heat kicked in.

Tucker had the CP's during the night

I still can not believe that Ohio sells fireworks, and u must sign something saying u will not set them off in OH since it's illegal-u must take them out of state to use them. Yea right! What, they think that many Ohioans will be making a mass exodus to Indiana or something so they can set off their fireworks??? How dumb is that!

Only community one's are legal-and there are plenty of fireworks there.

Cindy , I hear thunder off in the distance and thought oh gosh not again. I hope the boys hang in there for you. My daughter is letting Sydney out now before locking her up because she'll flip :(

Are fireworks really illegal in all of the state of Ohio ? ? ? I think it's only certain counties?

Thunder is nearing.

Tuck has had CP's this eve-still not feeling well.

So far Justie is OK.

I just looked at the radar--it looks like Syd will be getting the worse of it (and all our northern friends) before us-then we will get slammed too. Came much earlier then they expected.

Michelle I am thinking of u guys. Tell Syd that Tuck and Justice say this is no big deal, and it will be fine. Well they try to think that way!

I am soooo thankful ur daughter is out of the hospital--what a scary thing for u both. I am so sorry u are having to deal with so many things Michelle. U guys are in my thoughts and prayers every day.

Big hugs.

OK, ohhh radar does not look good. I better get off-thunder and the winds are picking up like crazy.

Thanks so much angels!!!!

P.S. Michelle, we were just talking abt the fireworks-and everyone here thinks it's all counties in OH. But u may be right-it would make more sense!

Edited by k9sign

I have to run because the storm is kicking up ... but you are right. MOST types of fireworks (other than sparklers and small novelty ) are completely illegal here. I guess they aren't very strict about it though. I've never seen anyone get in trouble around me !

http://www.ohiobar.org/pub/lycu/index.asp?articleid=273

Hi Cindy, I'm sorry I've been awol. I'm almost caught up at work so I can feel normal when I come in here. I'm so sorry Tuckie is having a rough time. I hope the fireworks don't upset him too much. And I hope Justice is still on the train.

Fire works are illegal here too, both possessing and buying or selling. So people go to PA and buy them and bring them back. I'm supposed to go to a friends house Friday night for a bonfire and I'm debating as I don't know if anyones going to be letting them off and if I go the boys have to be outside in the pen. They have been doing really good on the Fear Less that Rosi gave me with all those storms we've had, and last night was our community fireworks and I didn't even here a boom at all so I don't know if they even let them off. I'll have to check the local paper, they usually have an article.

Boys are doing good, Jake is really settling down, sometimes i want to ask him what he did with the other Jake and then the other Jake appears and wreaks havoc. I think my dog has a dual personality. He has now taken to chasing the birds away from the bird feeder. If they are on the feeder they are okay but I have a few that get on the ground and he launches himself from the steps and runs right out there with a bark and off they fly. Oh and he goes nuts if there is a robin in the driveway. I just don't understand it. Riley is fantastic. He's being so good.

Last night Riley was outside and Jake was asleep by my feet and two deer walked thru the yard. I saw them but didn't dare move or Jake would wake up and go nuts. They were just slowly walking thru. Neither one heard them or even smelled them.

Hugs to you and the boys and I hope you have a wonderful weekend and the boys get back and stay on the train.

Love and Hugs

Debs

Tuckie had some CP's last night and then a GM.

He seems better today then yesterday, thank goodness. He was "off" all day yesterday-maybe it was preictal for the GM.

I just hope he is finished with the seizures for awhile.

Justice is doing fine. I forgot to tell u all that I called Natural Balance and the allergy formula Justice is on does NOT have fish. phew. He has been on it since May and hasn't had any major GI upsets-so maybe food allergy was part of Justie's issue.

Oh, I have probably mentioned this before-but it bears repeating. LOL. When the dermatologist came in the room with Justice, she leaned slightly forward on the table and said 'I had forgotten how stinkin' cute Justice is!" LOL.

He is stinkin' cute, that's for sure!!

It is pouring rain here. The boys are beside me napping. Justice is snoring.

Hi Michelle, I have never heard anyone around here in trouble for fireworks. I don't know if police just don't enforce it-or wait to get calls, and then they will enforce it.

I hope the storms weren't too bad last night for Syd. There has been thunder in the distance here again. <sigh>

Today and tmw Syd--then maybe Sat will be OK...I hope!

Hugs!

Hi Deb, That is a tough call since u would need to leave the boys outside. If they get upset could they jump or knock over a fence?

I decided I will stay home this year. It's Tuck's first fireworks post stroke, and he sure reacted a few days ago when some dippy people were setting off firecrackers and caps.

I hope work will finally start calming down for u!!

Jake is funny abt the birds-sounds like Justice.

I wish the thunder would just stop!!!

hugs to u guys.

Thanks so much angels!!

Just a note before we go to bed.

Tuck has been so much better today. About 10:15pm though he was acting sound sensitive. He may actually be hearing things I can't hear. Then he started pacing. He has calmed down a little now. The windows are open and maybe someone is setting off some firecrackers far away, and it has upset him.

Justice is sleeping beside me.

Justie is at FIVE DAY'S!!!

=============J :icecream5::turtle: =============

Thanks so much angels!!!

Edited by k9sign

Hi Cindy,

Again, sorry it has been so long! Work has been crazy. So glad to see that Justice is doing well and that Tucker has had a better day today. I hope you are doing well also, Cindy. Hope you guys have a great 4th of July!

Hugs ,

Amy

Tuckie had a GM this AM. He still isn't acting quite right.

Justice is doing fine.

I need to go keep an eye on Tuck.

Hi Amy, I hope ur work will calm down a bit. Is this the summer job at college?

How goes the job hunt?

How is ur dad?

hugs to u and the kids.

Thanks so much angels!

HAPPY 4th to everyone!!!!!!

Hope the boys came through okay (and the weekend fireworks don't get to them!! )

13312127_400x400.jpg

Oh no Cindy, I hope Tuckie is doing better now. And well done Justice for 5 days. Your not going to let a few fireworks upset you are ya. Now just get Tuckie to realize they aren't bad at all, and help him get back on the train with ya.

I went to that party last night but didn't stay long. After 2 1/2 hours and all the fireworks going off around us I just couldn't stand it anymore so I excused myself and left about 10. I got home and you could hear distant booms but nothing too close and both boys were fine. I'm only a mile away at the party I'm going to tonight so I don't worry too much about going. Its being further away that I hate.

I hope there are no more storms and the weather is as bright and sunny as it is here. Yesterday and today have been beautiful. I got my lawn mowed (didn't see any snakes thank god) and decided it would be a good time to work a little more on my tan so I don't look so dead. It was hot sitting in the sun and after about 45 mins I just couldn't stand it anymore, so we are all basking in the cool air from the fans until the sun gets on the other side of the house.

Love and hugs to the boys, hoping you are having a great weekend.

I am SO glad I stayed home last night when everyone else went to the fireworks. OMG the puppers were quite scared. Someone across the road somewhere set off some major explosions a few times-then for some reason he stopped. Thank God. It set the tone for the rest of the night though. We also had a car driving around throwing some kind of caps out. I think it was the kids most likely who have done that the last couple days--we think they are trying to scare the horses and dogs (if they are out).

They put the horses in before leaving last night.

Tuck was frantic with every tiny sound. He had CP's, but before I could even get any butt meds in him, he had a GM.

Justice was worried abt the whole thing, but didn't break through.

No one wanted to shut the windows becuz they thought it would be to hot.

So I ended up going around shutting them (they are heavy), and cranking the TV on loud, and then they were all OK. But the damage was already done with poor Tuck.

Then Tuck had CP's during the night. We were up until 4AM.

The boys have done pretty well today. Tuck still isn't himself, but I hope we can get thru the night seizure free.

Justice is at SEVEN DAY'S!!!

==========J :icecream5::icecream2::turtle2: ===========

Hi Michelle. Oh what a cute gif!! Justice looks similar. The pic almost has his eyes.

Well the fireworks got Tuck. I hope Syd was OK!!

hugs!

Hi Debs, I'm glad u got to go to both parties. You needed some 'down time'!!

I'm glad the boys were OK with fireworks, so u could relax a bit.

It's rather nice u didn't see any snakes while u were mowing. LOL. What kind of snakes do u have?

hugs to u and the kids!

Thanks so much angels!

Edited by k9sign

The boys are doing pretty well!! No seizures last night!

Tuckie is at ONE DAY!!!

============T :1icecream::turtle: =============

Justice is at EIGHT DAY'S!!!

=========J :icecream3::icecream5::turtle2: ========

It's been a long day. I drove to Columbus to see my mom since she wasn't doing well last week. My car started dinging at me--but no red warning lights. But I looked at the temp gauge which was at the highest it could go. I got off the freeway. I ended up calling AAA, and needed towed abt 60 miles back home. Never saw my mom.

I'll find out tmw what's wrong. There is def a leak, but it's not in the hose, and doesn't seem to be from the radiator--but instead in front of the engine. It doesn't sound inexpensive. But I may as well not get upset yet--I'll find out tmw what is really wrong.

I am finally home with my boys, and that's what I am focusing on.

Thanks so much angels.

Hi Cindy,

I'm so glad both boys are on the train!! I kinda figured both might fall off with all the fireworks noises going on, but Justice is at 7 days, YEA!!

I'm so sorry your car pooped out on you and you had to be towed, and didn't get to visit your mom :((( I hope that whatever is wrong with your car isn't as expensive as you fear it might be. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Cody is a couple of days chuck-free, I believe. He seems to be doing well. He sends lots of headbutts and kitty hugs.

:hugs:

Tracy and Cody :heart::stripekitty:

YIPEEEE I'm so happy to see dual trains. I was getting a little bit worried about Tucker.

Poor boys, I'm glad you were there to close the windows. What a little trouper Justice is to not let them bother him. Now if we can just get Tucker to understand that they aren't bad. I think I am so lucky. All of my neighbors either don't do fireworks or go someplace else to see them. I did get to go to both parties but all I could think about was Riley and Jake outside and the booms going off so I came home early. The second night I stayed a little bit later but still for some reason this year I was more worried than past years. Don't know why because both times everything was fine. At the party Saturday night this guy had his 1 year old Blue Heeler there, he wanted to see if the fireworks would bother him and they did, the poor dog was so scared, but he took him right home. I think if they were distant ones it wouldn't have been so bad but they were too close for this little guys comfort.

The snakes that I seem to have are called Red Bellied Snakes (says they only get 7-10" long and don't bite), they are pretty docile, but still scare the crap out of me. Although I am getting better about it, I still don't like them. We also have, Black Rat Snake that is the big one can get to 6ft long with some reaching 8ft (these are the ones that scare me and thank god I have only seen one once and it was not far from my house), common garter snake, Eastern Milk Snake (looks like a poisonous but isn't), Northern Brown Snake (think I've seen one of them before too but not for a long time), Northern Ring Neck Snake, Northern Water Snake (my friend has these by his pond. His dog catches them and kills them for him. They are very aggressive though), Timber Rattlesnake( its the only poisonous one we have in our area and thank god and knock on wood I've never seen one and hope I never do.)

Phew there is your snake lesson, and my therapy lesson for the day. I actually did look these all up cause I didn't know their names and I can tell I'm getting better about it cause I could look at the pictures without breaking out into a sweat, hyperventilating and panicking.

I do hope its nothing serious with your car. Its always a worry when those darn lights go off.

Love and hugs to you and the boys

The boys made it through the night. :motimonkey:

I hope Justice will be at 9 days tonight! I hope Tuck is at 2 days.

I may not be back until Wednesday-just going thru some tests-no biggie. I most likely will be posting before Wednesday, but don't want u to worry if I don't.

No word yet on the car.

Hi Tracy, I am so glad Cody has been chuck free for a few days--that makes my day!!!!!!!!!!

big hugs to u both,

Hi Debs, thanks for the snake lesson--eek too many! I can actually watch a show that is occasionally on called venom ER. Of course they always show snakes. But I never used to be able to even look at a snake.

Still never want to see any ever again--esp hanging in Justie's mouth!!!

I sure am glad u worried for nothing abt the boys and the fireworks. Always trust ur gut though--so u done good!!

big hugs!!

Thanks so much angels. No worries if I don't post until Wed!!!

I have been missing for a few. Sorry. I tell you the 4th just wreaks havoc with my furbabies. I really thot at one point my collie mix was going to seizure. She just got glassy-eyed. Thankfully it is over for another year. Only an occasional pop now.

Glad to see both boys riding the train. And sending special prayers for you, Cindy

Love and Husky hugs,

DEbbie and Jack

Hi Cindy,

Hope all the tests come out okay. Will be thinking of you. And hoping the boys made it to 9 and 2 days.

All those snakes (and it does seem a lot) are what they say are around here but thankfully (knock on wood) I haven't seen them all. And I hope I never do. I'm getting better with my phobia and I think if I saw all of them it would throw any progress out the door.

Sending loads of hugs and prayers

Debs

I will be thinking of you while you are "off testing".

Stay on Track Tuckie!!! I hope Justice's "itchies" are reducing.

I took a "quick run" to Michigan. My mom had surgery and Andee and I went to stay with her for a couple days. My mom did great, she was up and about in no time. Se was feeling so good we were able to attend my neice's Birthday Party. Aneesa is so cute (turned 8), she helped bake her own cake. She made a garden cake, with dirt frosting and decorated with worms, flowers and butterflies. And yes, completely edible - and served with a garden shovel. Howard the House Duck helped us celebrate. Aneesa is Howards mommy, he follows her everywhere and its funny to watch him with her, he treats her differently, he gives her hugs whereas he just tolerates anyone else playing with him.

On a sad note, my brother lost 2 of his Desert Tortises. Both had a virus. Even though they rushed them to the vet, there is nothing that could be done. They are now down to 7 tortises. They 2 babies born last year are doing great, they are still in the terrerium and will be officially registered in August. This means they can actually be counted as part of the Desert Tortise cenusus. Because of the high mortality rate in Desert Tortises, they aren't considered until they reach one year. The other 5 tortises don't have the virus, my brother was concerned and took the big tortises to the vet. It's kinda like taking big rocks to the vet, plus the trip upsets them. But they all did fine and are okay.

Hugs to the boys, I hope your testing went well.

Hi everyone, just a quick post to let u guys know the boys are doing fine, and I am doing OK too.

Tuck is at THREE DAY'S!!!

==========T :icecream3::turtle: ==========

Justice is at TEN DAY'S!!!

======J :icecream5: :icecream5: :turtle2: =======

Hi Debbie, I am sure glad u didn't need to deal with any seizures. Ur poor baby being that scared just hurts the heart.

Thanks for the 'special' prayers. Please give our Jack a big hug and smooch from me.

Hugs to u both!

Hi Debs, yea, I'm with u-if I saw all those snakes, any progress I have been making-would be thrown out the window!!

I am so glad the boys are both on the train.

We had some storms this eve, and more are forecast tonight. I hope the boys hang on!!

hugs to u and all the kids.

Hi Linda, thanks for checking in on us!

I'm sorry ur mom needed surgery, and also really sorry it had to be a quick run to Michigan, with no Ohio stops!! I miss ya.

It's great ur mom is doing so well.

Aw I am sorry abt the 2 tortises. It's so lucky that with a virus, no more were affected. It's awesome the babies will be included in the desert census soon.

Anessa and Howard the duck sound adorable together. She will remember that relationship when she herself is a grandma, and can tell her grandkids abt a special duck named Howard.

I hope u ar doing well Linda, and back to normal physically.

Hugs to u and Andee...and Miss Bella bee

We had some bad storms starting abt 4:30pm today. More coming during the night. poor Syd!!!

Thanks so much angels!!

Oh, dual trains again, 3 and 10 days!! Cody and I are very happy! :banana: And I'm very glad to read that you are doing Ok too.

Cody is still chuck-free :) Maybe all 3 of our boys can stay on their respective trains/chuck-wagons for a long time?! With Cody, I'm probably dreaming, especially when he hoovers up anything that gets dropped onto the floor in the kitchen or dining room. But wouldn't that be something?!

:hugs: to all of you, Cindy, Tuck, and Justice - stay on those trains, boys!!

Tracy and Cody :heart::stripekitty: