Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

vickyimom

Zoo Angels

81 posts in this topic

Vicky and Mark - I am so, so sorry for your loss. I know the both of you have many pawprints on your hearts. :broken_heart: Fly free Casso Kitty.

So sorry for your loss, but what a wonderfully long and blessed life Picasso had with you. :animcnda_lg: You write so eloquently and so beautifully about all your companions, canine and feline.

Many years ago, not long after I lost my black and white longhaired cat, Cassidy, I saw his double in my neighborhood two nights in a row when driving to work (I worked night shift back then). Cassidy had been given to me by a nurse who had found his pregnant mom on a trip to the beach and took her home. After I saw the strange cat the second time, I called her and told her about it-and said if I saw the cat a third time, I was going to see if he was a stray and, if so, take him home. I really wasn't looking to add a cat to the two I still had, but it almost seemed like a sign from Cassidy. The next morning she called me and said a friend had found a cat she was sure was dumped, and could not keep him because her dogs did not like cats. With very little thought I said I would. Although he was long-haired, he was not black and white, but rather a gorgeous mostly white with brown tabby face and tail. He is my Dylan, 12 years old this year and the most affectionate cat I have had since my first beloved Murphy.

The odd thing is, I had never seen that cat in the neighborhood before...and I never saw him after I brought Dylan home with me.

My deepest sympathies for your loss.

Judy G.

Vicky, I'm so sorry for your loss. Your story is truly beautiful. Godspeed, little Picasso ...

Thanks so much for all your kind words, it is so quiet here without him. And our little stray did not show up last night, so I am a bit worried about him :-/ I'll keep watch for him again tonight.

Oh, Vic, I am so sorry for u and Mark. Your tributes are always so beautifully written. You bring ur kids lives to life for all of us. My heart just aches for u both.

I hope the stray returns so u won't worry.

Big hugs to u both.

Thanks Cindy and everyone. It is so quiet here without Picasso....we miss his loud MEOW and purrs. We used to say that his "Indian name" was Litterfoot.....he liked to snuggle in our bed, burrowing under the covers, and there were always litter crumbs in our bed at night. I miss that too, having to shake out the sheets every night. Our little black kitty stray has been around again the last several days, whew. We are hoping we can make him a permanent resident (and indoor kitty) here.