Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

vickyimom

Zoo Angels

81 posts in this topic

I am so sorry I missed ur post Vic.

I would really love to see a pic of Finn's portrait. I have absolutely no doubt that Finn had a big ole paw in the delivery date. :wub:

Happy Birthday Finn :animcndc_sm:

Hugs.

3-6-2009

To my beautiful HopFrogDog in the heavens.....

It's hard to believe that a whole year has passed since you went on ahead and left us behind...... our time together on earth was far too short :(

We know that you are whole and happy, running with the rest of the zoo angels.....please know that we love you, and miss you, very very much. Wait for us Willow girl, and watch over us from the Bridge, until we are together again.

Love,

Mom

:hugs:

to you, Vicky, on this sad anniversary. Willow is watching over you from the Bridge, I am sure, and waiting until you all meet again.

:animcnda_lg:

Tracy and Cody :heart::stripekitty:

I know this is a very hard day.

U are being watched from above by Willow, in her silver harness. Someday u WILL be with her again-and it will be incredible.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Vicky}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Mozilla's Moose on the Loose 10-31-2000 ~ 3-13-2009

One day, nine years ago or so, a pup was born into this world. Like every other pup that is born into this world, he had his whole life ahead of him, filled with thoughts of what would come - a home to love him, people to call his own, an anticipation of a good life to come. This pup was not so lucky - he was sold to someone who who should never have owned a dog at all. He was put out into a small pen, and left day after day to watch the world go by, and wish that he could be a part of it. The days turned into weeks, the weeks to months, the months to years. His neighbors would call animal control, so sad for the poor pup left alone, with nothing or no one to play with, no regular food or water, living in his own filth. His person would make small amends, for a week, maybe two. And then the calls would start again. The laws don't always favor our furry friends, and they certainly didn't favor this poor pup. Over the course of years, many calls were made, many trips were made by animal control. Finally, after four long years, conditions were bad enough to remove him from his sad environment.

And so he came to rescue. And what a sight he was. He was skinny, and dirty, and over the top excited about being free from the small pen that had been his prison for as long as he could remember. With no fosters available, he was placed at a rescue friendly boarding kennel, where he always had plenty of food, fresh water, shelter, and volunteers to offer up the walks and belly rubs he so craved. One after another, potential adoptors eyed our big wild boy, and all proclaimed him "too much dog" - he was after all, a great big boy with a heart full of puppy mischief, short on manners, but long on personality. He was - and I'm sure he enjoyed being - a real handful. He loved the kennel - it was sooo much better than anything he had ever known. He greeted everyday and everyone with a big smile - a smile that everyone knew just meant trouble. He was a favorite among the seasoned volunteers who liked a dog that gave them a "run for their money".

After many many months in the kennel, and many potential adoptors looking at this handsome fellow but deciding he was just too much, one warm August day, I decided that he had waited far, far too long for a real home of his own - and loaded him into the car. And Moose became mine. He was probably mine all along, it just took me awhile to realize it - after all, I'm just a slow human. And Moose was nothing if not trouble! He wanted to eat the cats, fight with the other dogs, escape at every opportunity, and cause as much general mayhem as possible - all with a great big silly "hey world, look at me!" grin on his face. We gave him Halloween as his birthday - it seemed so appropriate, as he was always playing tricks. We had FUN. Everything was fun to Moose - there is nothing that we did that he didn't meet with a "this is GRRREAT" attitude. He learned obedience (ok...mostly). He learned to pull a sled with his sister Miss, and went on many sled demos for the rescue. He went to some weight pulls - and always pulled his 1000 pounds as a novice. He learned to race like the wind in his big yard, chase and catch woodland critters, do the happy dance at dinnertime, go swimming, go on long walks in the twilight, chew a bone, sleep in a warm bed, and get belly rubs and cookies. He loved life - every part of it, large and small. And he loved his people, and we loved him back, fiercely. There was just so much love and joy inside his big heart, it seemed that sometimes it might just burst from all it held inside.

This morning, Mark went out to let everyone outside - and came running in to me and said that Moose didn't want to get up, maybe he was sick. I threw on a pair of jeans and a pair of shoes......and in those short moments, Moose was gone. It happened so quickly - it did not seem real. In shock, we brought our boy to the vet, for the last time, to find out what had happened, if we had somehow failed him. How could a boy that we loved so much - and that loved us that much in return - suddenly be gone from our lives without even a chance to say good-bye? The autopsy results confirmed....Moose had died of heart failure. It was sudden, and unpreventable...all the love, and all the joy he had inside - his big heart just couldn't hold it and gave out.

And so, our hearts are broken. I cannot imagine mornings without "good morning MooseMan!" and night times without "sweet dreams MooseGarou", and days without trying to keep up with my mile a minute boy full of joy. Our lives will never be the same. Not ever. And tonight, and until we meet again, the angels will be ducking for cover from my big boy in his silver harness, as he runs through the skies looking for mischief.

Once upon a time I was falling in love

But now I'm only falling apart

There's nothing I can do

A total eclipse of the heart

Once upon a time there was light in my life

But now there's only love in the dark

Nothing I can say

A total eclipse of the heart

Turn around bright eyes............turn around......

I'll see you in the dark, in my dreams, MooseMan. You were so very easy to fall in love with. I'll love you for my whole life, and beyond. I promise.

Vicky

I can barely see to type. My heart is breaking for u Vic.

I am so glad that Moose was feeling "pretty good" yesterday. It was a gift...and yet just makes things more shocking when they happen.

There was just so much love and joy inside his big heart, it seemed that sometimes it might just burst from all it held inside.

Isn't is just the most heart filling thing to know of all this love and joy inside Moose. Without u and Mark--things would have been different. You guys allowed Moose to be who he truly is--a happy, joyful pupper. What a gift u gave to each other...

:animcnda_lg: Run free with all the abundant joy u still have, and ur mom and dad, and brothers and sisters will be with u someday.

Tears are falling in Ohio...

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Vic}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Edited by k9sign

We loved you too, Moose, and your mama for sharing you with us.

Your Texas Cousins and Auntie Celia

Thinking of u...and Moose. Sending love and big hugs.

So heartbreaking. I am so sorry Vicky and Mark. What a lucky boy Moose was after all that time to have a home and people to love him so much that they hurt this badly at his passing.

Thanks so much everyone, for your kind words for my sweet boy.

We still cannot believe he is gone - he was taken from us so suddenly :(

It is just so sad and lonely here without him......

Vicky

We had another gorgeous day yesterday-and then when I went out with Kyah this morning-snow. Thought of the Mals and hoping you guys are all doing okay.

Wildpaw’s Magical Merlin

6-14-1998 ~ 3-27-2009

Once in a lifetime, if you are blessed, a soul of gold crosses your path, and if you are truly blessed, you recognize it, and never miss a single moment together in the sunshine. Of course, the price for being truly blessed is a dear one indeed – the loss leaves you in an abyss of despair deeper than imaginable, and that sunshine is replaced with a blanket of darkness that engulfs you completely .

Nature’s first green is gold, her hardest hue to hold.

Her every leaf’s a flower, but only so an hour.

As leaf subsides to leaf, so Eden sank to grief

As dawn grows into day, nothing gold can stay.

It was a warm summer day, more than ten years ago when Mark and I brought home the most adorable pup, a day shy of eight weeks old. It seemed as if all 21 pounds of him were fur – he looked like a dandelion, gone to seed on the stem, ready to go poof in the next gentle warm breeze. His paws were huge, with round pink pads that smelled of popcorn. And what an amazing pup he was. He learned so quickly, rarely did he have to be told anything more than once to comprehend it.

And he grew to be the most amazing dog, every day was better than the day before as our love grew. Merlin went everywhere with me, we were never out of each others sight. And everywhere we went, people would stop and look wide eyed at him – it was as if he had a gravitational pull, that just drew everyone near right to him – everyone was attracted to the bright light inside of him. He was quite the celebrity. Everybody loved Merlin. He often made the papers, and his photos have been downloaded nearly three million times. To say that he was totally amazing, is an understatement.

Merlin was not like any of the others – he could be walked on a string by a child, take an M&M from between your lips so gently that it felt like the soft brush of a first kiss, and nestle baby kittens into his soft fur to keep them safe and warm. He understood complete sentences. He could tell time. He could read my moods, emotions, thoughts – and always knew exactly what to do.

Merlin was our medical miracle boy, time and again he was stricken – grand mal cluster seizures, lung disease, surgeries that left him without a third of his intestines, neuropathy that caused his muscles to waste away – and time and time again we found ways to compensate and overcome, to fight off the unjust conditions that plagued our sweetest boy. He took meds every eight hours, had daily inhalation therapy, weekly swim therapy, monthly vet visits, and through it all always kept his grace and dignity, and his sense of humor.

Then the day we lived in fear of came……the day when there were no more miracles for our little man – one by one his organs were giving out, and I was forced to say good bye to the love of my life. The time for me since has been surreal, as if I am not alive at all, but going through the motions of being human, and still being here, where he is not. It’s as if he took my heart and soul with him when he went, and just left me as an empty shell.

There just are no mere words that could begin to do justice in tribute to my magnificent Merlimouse. There is nothing that I can say, to explain Merlin to those that didn’t know him – there are some feelings that just cannot be put into words.

He was a bright shooting star that lit up my life so completely, and left me in total darkness with his passing. All that knew him, know the once in a lifetime magic that the two of us shared.

I would give anything I own

Give up my life, my heart, my home

I would give everything I own

Just to have you back again. Just to touch you, once again.

Wear your silver harness with pride sweet Merlimouse. I cannot think of anyone that deserves one more than you – you are the greatest dog in the universe, always have been, always will be. Know that I will be counting the days, the moments, until we can be together, and never have to say good-bye again – because living without you is simply not living. Your Daddy and I love you, more than can be measured, for always. You’ll always stay gold.

Love, Mama

You have been on my mind almost constantly since Merlin left for RB.

I have no words that even begin to express how sorry I am.

I am just totally heartbroken for you.

Merlin will be so very missed, but he will always hold a very special place in my heart.

Love, and hugs to u and Mark.

Vicky,

Cody and I are sending huge hugs to you and Mark. You have been in my thoughts and prayers all day since I found out your special boy has joined Moose and the others at the Bridge. My heart is breaking for you both :broken_heart:

Merlin will live on in many hearts across the miles. I feel blessed that I got the chance to meet him in person. He was, and always will be, a one-of-a-kind, and an inspiration to many.

I am holding you close to my heart during this sad time.

:animcnda_lg:

:hugs:

Tracy and Cody :heart::stripekitty:

Not a day has gone by that I haven't thought of u and Merlin...

sending love and hugs.

I Loved You Best

Jim-Willis

So this is where we part, My Friend,

and you'll run on, around the bend,

gone from sight, but not from mind,

new pleasures there you'll surely find.

I will go on, I'll find the strength,

life measures quality, not its length.

One long embrace before you leave,

share one last look, before I grieve.

There are others, that much is true,

but they be they, and they aren't you.

And I, fair, impartial, or so I thought,

will remember well all you've taught.

Your place I'll hold, you will be missed,

the fur I stroked, the nose I kissed.

And as you journey to your final rest,

take with you this...I loved you best.

Vic -

I am so sorry for your loss. (((((((((((hugs))))))))))) I know how special Merlin was.

Sending you a big hug, Vicky and Mark, for the loss of both Moose and Merlin. They are still with you always in your heart.

STORMCAT

December 7th, 1984 ~ April 13th, 2009

Long ago, a kitten was born, and sadly, like many other cats and kittens and other furries, wound up in a shelter, unwanted. Luckily for this kitten, a family came along and adopted him, as a companion to their cat at home. But it was not to be a forever home – a series of unfortunate events – a suicide, another sudden death, and mental illness, found this boy and his older sister in need again, abandoned in their old home.

A friend of ours was the brother to that sad family. He was a Viet Nam vet, Special Forces, served two tours. I will never forget the day he called me…….he had gone to pick up the two cats out of the abandoned apartment and take them to the shelter. But fate intervened. “I need your help” he breathed heavily into the phone, “you know about dogs and cats and stuff. I am trying to catch this cat, and it’s not a cat, it’s a TIGER, and it’s trying to kill me”. So I get in the car and drive over. On the way I think to myself, okay, yeah, I know about dogs and cats, but if this tough hombre can’t handle that cat, what the heck am I going to be able to do? I went in, and there was my friend, looking like he had just completed a third tour in Nam, with one kitty in a carrier, and the “tiger” still on the loose. I walked into the room where the tiger was, and called him….and he came right up to me, I picked him up, he started purring, and I put him in the carrier. My friend fainted.

Needless to say, StormCat and his older sister Suzie Cupid did NOT go to the shelter, they came home with me. And so our life together began, so very many years ago – years that now seem to have gone by all too quickly.

Suzie Cupid lived a few years with us before we lost her to cancer :( Years went by, as they do, and StormCat was quite the fixture at our house, the cat who was always there – each year that we’d celebrate another birthday, people would ask, HOW old is he? He just kept on chugging. We worried that he wouldn’t make it to the new house we were building, since he was sooo old, twenty already. We’ve been in the new house four years now.

StormCat was a GREAT cat, like no other I’ve ever had. He loved riding in the car, he came to work with me every now and then and charmed everyone there, he loved to go to the vet, he pretty much loved to go anywhere and everywhere. Once he got older, he didn’t go so many places, mostly just hung out snoozing, and waiting for his next snack. He slept every night curled up against my chest, his head tucked under my chin. If he needed anything during the night, he would tap me on the nose with his paw. I could go on and on about him, the funny stories (you build up quite a resume over that many years)….but most importantly, he was loved, deeply and fiercely. The love grew stronger with every passing day, every passing year. We’ve been together longer than most people have been with a spouse. And it was meant to be – I knew from the first time I picked him up, that he was my tiger, and no one elses.

On Monday night, the angels came for my ancient one, while he was sleeping. They swept up his soul and flew up into the heavens, leaving me with his soft little furry body, to cry into and hold for one last, long time and say good-bye.

StormCat, there will never, ever, be another like you. Once my big fierce tiger, over the years we grew old together, and you became my skinny little old man. You are loved, then, now and always. Run young, free and whole at the Bridge. I’ll come looking for my tiger some day, and we’ll then be together forever.

I loved you best. Nights are forever without you.

I'm so very sorry and sad that StormCat has gone to the Bridge. I think part of me believed that your skinny little old man would be with us forever. And of course he will -- in our hearts. :heart:

In spite of my tears, I have to smile thinking of your big, strong, fierce tiger running free at the Bridge.

Sending you and Mark love and hugs,

Laurie

I am just so sad and so sorry Vic. My heart is just breaking for u.

:animcndc_sm: fly free with all ur youth again StormCat.

Love and hugs.

thinking of you and yours.. I am so sorry to hear of your loss.. my heart is with you... StormCat sounds like a most magnificent kitty and I know that many, many wonderful memories were created in the time you shared together... we, too are going through a loss today, and my heart is heavy... my your baby visit you often in the dreams of night...

From our home to yours... much love

Shawn, Nikita and family

post-4221-1239838927_thumb.jpg

((((Vicky and Mark))))

My heart breaks for you :broken_heart: I am so sorry your sweet StormCat had to leave for the Bridge. It is so hard to lose a family member who has been a part of your life for so long. He and Cody will hang out togetehr, I'm sure, until we meet up with them again. I loved the stories of your sweet boy, and I am very grateful that I had the privelege of meeting him in person. He was, and always will be, a one-of-a-kind spirit, forever alive in our hearts and in many fond memories.

Fly free, dear one. Visit your mom and dad often.

:animcndc_sm:

Much love,

Tracy, and Cody in spirit :heart::stripekitty:

The anniversaries are so hard :(

Last week marked a whole year since Finn went to the Bridge (8/27) and four years since Lover left us behind (8/24). Where has the time gone?

In July, it was Willows birthday (7/4) and Nooks Bridge day (7/7).....

seems like the last six months here at the zoo have just been a sad blur.

To my Rainbow Bridge Pack - run free and whole, wear your silver harnesses with pride, and wait for me. Someday we'll be together again and never have to part.

I miss you all more than words can say.

Love

Mama