Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

vickyimom

Zoo Angels

81 posts in this topic

LoverBoy's Workin' for the Weekend 8-24-2005

I don't even know where to begin. At the beginning, I guess. In April of 2003 we got the call, folks dumping their 14 year old malamute. They had him his whole life, and were *tired* of taking care of him. I couldn't imagine anyone giving up on their beloved companion, at the end of life's long road. So of course I said I'd take him. I'll never forget the first time I saw him - this old, old man, whose back end barely worked, hunched and crippled. He had never been inside a house. He had never had decent food - once a week or so some Ol' Roy got dumped 'out back' in the dirt for him. He had never been to the vet. He had a raging case of heartworm. His back end was all but gone. And he was 14 years old. Despite all of this, he had a sparkle in his eyes, and a tail that went 'round and 'round, and he washed my face with big wet kisses. We named him LoverBoy's Workin' for the Weekend......first, because he was such a love, and second, because we were bound and determined to make his stay with us the 'weekend' of his life - that time you look forward to, when your work is done, that is always so sweet, but way too short.

We got him on the soft heartworm treatment, and started a raw diet....boy oh boy, he loved dinnertime. And the days passed, as did the weeks, and the months......and he got better, grew stronger. He loved riding in the car, and my husband, Mark took him everywhere with him. They were the best of buddies. And Mark spoiled him too - often there was a trip to McDonalds for a cheeseburger for the old man. I realized just how many trips there had been...when I was in the car with Lover, and he WOOO WOOOED every time we passed the golden arches. He also came to work with me most days, and became a bit of a celebrity. Everyone loved him, and would stop in to say hello to him. On our thrice daily round the block walks, we'd walk past the fire department - and they would always run the siren for him, to listen to him sing along with glee.

We celebrated his 15th Birthday on New Years day 2004. We were so happy that our old man had lived so long, against the odds. It was quite a celebration. And on went the days, weeks, and months, filled with love, laughter, and cheeseburgers. Every day was a blessing. When life got hard, spending some time with sweet old Lover, reminded us of how precious every minute of life can be. We had yet another birthday celebration, his 16th, January 1st, 2005. We joked that he would probably outlive all of us.

We moved to our long awaited new home this past May, that had been many years in the making, and Lover handled the move wonderfully. He adored the new place - a screened porch to enjoy the cool evenings with us, and a yard full of trees to sniff and explore. We had built a ranch style home, so it was much easier for him to navigate. He was so happy to be here, and we were thrilled that he 'made it' here to share the long awaited dream with us. Over the last few weeks, he had been declining, slowing way down, his age really showing, not feeling well. Last night ne cratered. And then this morning, with him no better, we knew it was time. He let us know, and he trusted us to help him. There is nothing in the world like the love of an old dog. Puppies love you with playfulness, tail wags, and mischief. An old dog loves you with their eyes, their heart, their soul. And you can't help but love them back in the very same way.

Sometimes the sun goes 'round the moon

Sometimes the snow comes down in June

Just when I thought our chance had passed

You went and saved the best for last

Our time together was a second chance, a miracle, a gift. It's a time that I'll hold dear, and never ever forget. I'll see you on the other side, my cherished LoverBoy. You'll be whole and happy, wearing your silver harness with pride. And then we'll have a weekend that will never ever end. I promise.

Pretty Beanie Nook 7-7-2006

The old malagirl was pulled from a downstate hellhole of a pound four years ago by a wonderful Good Samaritan - who dubbed this broken soul "Nook" - a very special name, the nickname of her own Grandmother. And so the journey of Nooks new life began, and she was transported up to IAMRA.

Whatever her old life had been, it had not been good. Her ears were eaten away by the elements and insects, her teeth dirty and ground down, her body heavily infested with parasites and heartworm. Her spirit was wounded as badly as her body. I fostered her through her heartworm treatment, teaching her that in her new life, hands were for healing, and loving, not beating and hurting. It was quickly discovered that Nook was incontinent. We tried supplements, medications, and when she was well enough, did an exploratory laparotomy. The news from our vets made our blood run cold. This poor old girl was incontinent, because she had suffered massive nerve damage - the kind that comes from being repeatedly and severely beaten and kicked. All I could do was cry, cry for the life she had lived, and vow that she would never suffer again at the hands of humans. So Nook became my own, and a friend and playmate to our boy Finnigan, who had come from an equally horrific situation. They quickly bonded, and soon were acting like an old married couple - grousing and grumbling, but never wanting to be out of each others sight or reach for too long. Finn taught Nook to play, not the tumble and roughhouse play of young dogs, but the calm, coy, nudging play of the more mature. She also learned to woo, it took time, but one day, amidst the chorus of our pack, we heard a strange, soft, never before heard voice. Low and sweet, like the coo of a dove. Nook had found her woo. We were delighted, acting giddy, as though we had found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Our girl could sing! And so went our life with Nook in the pack. She was always shy and reserved. One day, when she had been with us for almost two years, she very gingerly climbed up on the sofa - and turned to look at us with wide eyes. We just smiled, and told her what a good girl she was. The sofa quickly became a favorite place for her.

We learned so much about, and from, this gentle soul. While she of course knew her name, she liked to be called "Pretty Beans", and would coo and play bow when told what a Pretty Beanie Girl she was. She loved to dig. She turned the yard into the most perfect lunar landscape. She loved bones - even tho her teeth were worn and broken, she could make quick work of a knucklebone. And she loved to be petted and touched - but oh so gently - the way you might imagine angels coming to touch you as you sleep, or butterfly wings brushing against you in the warm spring breeze.

Last month, her leg became sore. We went to the vet, and when we saw the xray, our hearts sank. Nook had osteosarcoma, quite advanced, and inoperable. It appeared that it was in a rear leg as well as a front, and had likely metasticized into her lungs as well. Our stoic little girl had shown no signs. I think she was trying to spare us any pain. But the pain came just the same. We've spent the last month enjoying life to the fullest.....the best of eastern and western meds to keep Nook comfortable and happy...days filled with ice cream, steaks and bones.....anything her heart desired.

Today, our girl let us know it was time for her to go on ahead without us. Peacefully, quietly......we held our very special girl close as she made her trip, and began her journey to her next, and final, life........where she will be whole and happy, and any lingering memories of a life with sadness or pain will be banished forever.

Godspeed My Pretty Beanie Girl, I love you, and will miss you. Wear your silver harness with pride, and please wait for me. Someday I'll follow you, and can again stroke your silky fur with a hand gentle as an angels, just the way you like it.

Wind in the Willows 3-6-2008

Wind in the Willows, an unfinished life.

We got the call, almost 2 years ago, about a "dead wolf" in someones field. It wasn't a wolf, and it was alive...but just barely. Mary and Rox made the emergency trip to pick up this poor girl, and called her Willow. This poor sad girl was less than half of her normal body weight, her life flame barely flickering. She came to me for rehab, we all hoped so much to be able to overcome the massive damage starvation had done to her, to be able to make her whole and healthy again. And slowly, bit by bit, meal by meal, she made her way back from the brink. Her body came back anyway.......but not her mind. She stole our hearts anyway, and earned her nickname "FrogDog" for the cute little hop she would do at dinnertime. Most days, she was relatively ok, but other days, she was not okay at all. We worked with a variety of vets and behaviorists, trying to "fix" our sweet girl, but no one was able to give much hope or help, despite repeated attempts. As time went on, her agression increased, and her bite inhibition decreased - not a good or safe combination. While she had bitten us before on several occasions, she never did any major damage....until early last week. With no trigger, no warning, no change in schedule or routine - she ripped me up pretty badly. Those of you who know me, know I am no stranger to dog bites. Most bites are *because* of something - resource guarding, dog fight, something. This was not.....oh how I wish it was, that there could be hope or help for my babygirl. Something in her head just went haywire. We've been to vets and neurologists, and nothing meaningful can be found.....our poor girl is just wired wrong, or perhaps suffered irrepairable neurological damage from the starvation.

And so.

With heavy heart and many tears, we had to make the painful decision to let her go, peacefully, to a place where she would never be hurt again, or hurt anyone else, and she would be whole and pain free. I cannot even begin to descibe the enormous heartache.....it is a difficult enough decision when your furry one is suffering physically...but seems even harder when they seem okay on the outside, and the suffering is internal.......

Frogger, please know that I love you...we love you.....and always will. Our days in the sun were too few, and too short, life is so terribly unfair sometimes.... I am so sorry that I couldn't "fix" you......if love alone was enough, you'd still be here, in my arms, your soft fur against my face...we'd be looking ahead to many tomorrows. I will never, ever forget you, and all the yesterdays we shared. Someday, we'll be together again, and have all the tomorrows I dreamt we'd have. I promise.

My wounds will heal, my heart will not....

Love will abide, take things in stride

Sounds like good advice but there's no one at my side

And time washes clean love's wounds unseen

That's what someone told me but I don't know what it means.

Cause I've done everything I know to try and change your mind

and I think I'm gonna miss you for a long long time

Cause I've done everything I know to try and make you mine

And I think I'm gonna love you for a long long time.

Godspeed my HopFrog, I love you.

Willow, a post script:

Rescue takes in what others have thrown away. By and large, they are pretty nice tempered, and often even reasonably heathy dogs, that were abandoned by their people for the stupidest of reasons, from moving or having a baby, to no longer matching the furniture.

Most of these dogs we spend some time with, get them vetted, and send them to their "furever" homes. This is the happy part of rescue.

A few come to us so badly damaged, physically or mentally, or both, that they rip our hearts out. Those of us in the trenches steel ourselves, dig deep and somehow find the strength to try with everything we have to help them, to heal them, to give them a happy ending as best as we can. These are dogs that no one from the general public is looking to adopt......so the choice becomes to try as best as we can ourselves, or let them go. I don't ever recall any rescuer I know worth his or her salt letting one go without a fight, no matter how badly damaged these precious furries are.

My boys were all so damaged......Finn was a bait dog ripped to pieces and starved and left for dead in a ditch. Moose was in a pen so small he could barely turn around, knee deep in feces, finally seized for cruelty and neglect after four years, and Moo was chained out with no shelter for nine long years....not only suffering from several diseases, but so unattended that his collar grew into his neck and had to be surgically removed. My girl Nook, at the Bridge, was beaten and kicked so repeatedly and harshly that she suffered permanent incontinence due to internal and spinal damage. My Lover, also at the Bridge, was mostly just ignored.......which is cruel in itself, and then dumped at age 14, ill and crippled, the ultimate insult. I was truly blessed, time and time again, they were able to be saved.

I could not save my Willow, my babygirl, my special HopFrogDog. It isn't because I didn't try. It will haunt me forever that I couldn't "fix" her. If only love was enough.....if only.

My gratitude to you, all my fellow rescuers, who make room in your hearts and your lives for these imperfect souls....to those of you who give so generously of yourselves in whatever way you can to help save the lives of those thrown away like yesterdays newspaper. You matter, very much, to each and every one of the souls you touch, each and every life you help save. Thank you for all you do for the furries at IAMRA and elsewhere in the world. I am blessed to know you all.

My spirit wolf candle is lit, and will burn awhile in my home, and forever in my heart, for my special Frogger in her silver harness, running in the lead, no doubt, and also a reminder to me of all of you here, whose love for our furred ones burns fierce in your hearts, just as it does in mine. Thank you, for having that fire in your hearts, and that passion in your souls.

Hike it up Frog, I'll catch up with you someday, and we'll have the time of our lives.

I love you babygirl, and I miss you so very very much :(

Vicki,

I just read about your special HopFrogDog and was so touched. I like you have taken in many damaged animals and found them homes. Those I could not stayed with me. I was always successful until a few years ago when Petie, a torn up white boxer who had been a bait dog came to my home. He had tumors all over him, he was not neutered and he had tooth problems and an eye badly damaged. We too fixed his body, but could never fix his mind. He never offered to bite me, but anyone else was at risk. And the worse part of it was his agression toward other animals. His fear was palpable and his ferocity unmatched. He tore up Jack several times completely unprovoked. Sadly, I had to make the same decision you did and I still think of him to this day. I guess I just wanted you to know that what you do is so important and how you loved Frogger was amazing. Thank heavens for people like you.

Love and big Husky hugs,

Debbie and Jack

Debbie-

Thank you so much for your kind words. I miss my FrogDog every day....just like I know you must miss Petie too. Sometimes, the decisions rescuers must make are just so darn hard...I still cry everyday for my babygirl.

Big hugs to Jack....and thank you too, for all you did for Petie, and for other furries in need. They'll live forever in our hearts....

Vicky

LoverBoy's Workin' for the Weekend 8-24-2005

I don't even know where to begin. At the beginning, I guess. In April of 2003 we got the call, folks dumping their 14 year old malamute. They had him his whole life, and were *tired* of taking care of him. I couldn't imagine anyone giving up on their beloved companion, at the end of life's long road. So of course I said I'd take him. I'll never forget the first time I saw him - this old, old man, whose back end barely worked, hunched and crippled. He had never been inside a house. He had never had decent food - once a week or so some Ol' Roy got dumped 'out back' in the dirt for him. He had never been to the vet. He had a raging case of heartworm. His back end was all but gone. And he was 14 years old. Despite all of this, he had a sparkle in his eyes, and a tail that went 'round and 'round, and he washed my face with big wet kisses. We named him LoverBoy's Workin' for the Weekend......first, because he was such a love, and second, because we were bound and determined to make his stay with us the 'weekend' of his life - that time you look forward to, when your work is done, that is always so sweet, but way too short.

We got him on the soft heartworm treatment, and started a raw diet....boy oh boy, he loved dinnertime. And the days passed, as did the weeks, and the months......and he got better, grew stronger. He loved riding in the car, and my husband, Mark took him everywhere with him. They were the best of buddies. And Mark spoiled him too - often there was a trip to McDonalds for a cheeseburger for the old man. I realized just how many trips there had been...when I was in the car with Lover, and he WOOO WOOOED every time we passed the golden arches. He also came to work with me most days, and became a bit of a celebrity. Everyone loved him, and would stop in to say hello to him. On our thrice daily round the block walks, we'd walk past the fire department - and they would always run the siren for him, to listen to him sing along with glee.

We celebrated his 15th Birthday on New Years day 2004. We were so happy that our old man had lived so long, against the odds. It was quite a celebration. And on went the days, weeks, and months, filled with love, laughter, and cheeseburgers. Every day was a blessing. When life got hard, spending some time with sweet old Lover, reminded us of how precious every minute of life can be. We had yet another birthday celebration, his 16th, January 1st, 2005. We joked that he would probably outlive all of us.

We moved to our long awaited new home this past May, that had been many years in the making, and Lover handled the move wonderfully. He adored the new place - a screened porch to enjoy the cool evenings with us, and a yard full of trees to sniff and explore. We had built a ranch style home, so it was much easier for him to navigate. He was so happy to be here, and we were thrilled that he 'made it' here to share the long awaited dream with us. Over the last few weeks, he had been declining, slowing way down, his age really showing, not feeling well. Last night ne cratered. And then this morning, with him no better, we knew it was time. He let us know, and he trusted us to help him. There is nothing in the world like the love of an old dog. Puppies love you with playfulness, tail wags, and mischief. An old dog loves you with their eyes, their heart, their soul. And you can't help but love them back in the very same way.

Sometimes the sun goes 'round the moon

Sometimes the snow comes down in June

Just when I thought our chance had passed

You went and saved the best for last

Our time together was a second chance, a miracle, a gift. It's a time that I'll hold dear, and never ever forget. I'll see you on the other side, my cherished LoverBoy. You'll be whole and happy, wearing your silver harness with pride. And then we'll have a weekend that will never ever end. I promise.

July 4th

Happy Birthday to my FrogDog at the Bridge.....I know you were wearing your silver harness with pride, and dancing with the firworks that lit up the sky. We miss you babygirl, every single day.

July 7th

Pretty Beans, it's hard for me to believe that we've been apart for two years now. You still live in our hearts...and if I close my eyes I can feel your soft fur.....I know there is ice cream in heaven...in between licks please watch down over us until we can be together again.

Love

Mom

8-24-08

It's hard for me to believe that three years have gone by since you left me.

We still think of you, and miss you, every single day.

Run free and whole sweet LoverBoy, until we meet again someday.

I love you.

Mom

Finnigan Begin Again, 2/14/96 - 8/27/08

You were immortal, or so I thought. Larger than life, bolder than bold, stronger than strong. Time and again, you cheated death, giving me reason to believe, no matter how foolishly, that you would be here with me forever. You were a big, proud presence like no other could ever be, yet you were always the first to lay your head in my lap, snuggle on the couch, even get under the covers in bed. You were secure enough in your strength to be soft.

There are no words to describe the depths of emptiness and heartache I feel - I keep waiting for this to be a dream, a nightmare, from which I'll awaken and your big head will be resting on me. I cannot wrap my thoughts around the reality that you are not here, that you have gone on ahead, and left me behind, overwhelmed by the deafening silence, drowning in the canyon of your loss.

When you lost the use of your rear legs a few weeks back, I had hope that our lives would go on, changed, but forward none the less. There were therapies and medications that could help you - and we tried them all. Then your organs began to fail, one by one, you didn't want to eat or drink, and you looked into my eyes and told me that this time, we weren't going to cheat death. You were tired. Daddy carried you through the woods on one last walk, and then we helped you to go ahead, to Begin Again for the last time, in your Silver Harness.

Below is the letter you wrote to me two summers ago. Our journey that started so long ago, and went by too fast, has ended. Now those salty tears fall, and you aren't here to catch them for me. I love you Finn - I always have, and I always will, more than you can imagine. Finnigan, Begin Again one last time, and wait for me. I'll be counting the days until we can be together, once more, and then will never have to part.

Love,

Mom

Mama -

I remember the day that I met you. I had been on a long car ride, and it was finally okay to close my eyes. My body hurt so badly, but I had been afraid to close my eyes for as long as I can remember. I remember the mean people, that would urge other dogs to attack and fight me, and I would try to fight back with all of my might - but there were too many and they were too strong. I never got any food, and my once beautiful coat was all gone, and my bare skin torn and punctured, bleeding from so many places. I got too weak to fight anymore, and was thrown away in a ditch, left to die. Insects picked at me, I was too tired to shake my head to get them off. I was too tired to even try to find food, even tho I was starved, I weighed half of what I once did. The infection from the wounds, and the heartworms inside me had taken their toll on me. A nice lady, one of your best friends, brought me to you on a long car ride. She was so sweet to me. I heard her tell you that she didn't think I could make it, that it would be kinder to let me sleep. You nodded your head, and took me into your car. I was so tired. But I wanted to be near you. There was something about you. So I lay my head in your lap, and looked up at your face. I felt the splash of your salty tears fall gently onto me. I loved you right then and there, and wanted to stay with you forever. I didn't want to sleep, I only wanted to look at you. So I did. For the whole long ride, I just looked up into your face, with my head in your lap. When the ride was almost over, you talked to someone, someone that wasn't there, and told that someone to get things ready, that you had to give me a chance, so you were bringing me home. Home. It had a nice ring to it, it sounded very much like something I would want to get to know.

Home was very different than what I had ever known. It was inside, called a house, no grass or trees in there, and a big cover so I couldn't see the sky. There was a big soft place for me to lay on, and cool clean fresh water, it tasted so good. And food! Wonderful tasty bits of food. You fed me often, saying I couldn't eat too much at once. You fed me some things that were not so tasty - I think you called them medicines - but I always got something really wonderful to eat after the medicines, so I guess they were okay. You gently washed and soothed my sores and my skin. Your hands felt soooo good, easing all my sores and itchies. Yours were the first hands I remember that didn't try to hurt me. You told me it was okay to close my eyes, that you would be there when I woke up. And you were.

I slept alot, waking to eat and drink, and to feel your gentle hands on my sore body. I liked it best of all when I could lay with my head in your lap, and I would look at you until my eyes grew heavy, and I would sleep again. I knew you would protect me.

You gave me a name, Finnigan Begin Again you said it was. You called me Finn, and even made up little songs to go with my name. I liked having a name. I suppose I had one once, long ago, when I was a pup, someone must have cared enough to give me a name. But I don't remember. And it didn't matter, I had a name of my own now, that would last me for all time. I will always be Finn.

Day by day, I felt better, and grew stronger. My fur grew back, and all of my hurts and ills gradually faded away. I grew into a handsome, strong, 105 pound boy. You took me to do fun things, that I liked alot! I really liked visiting the little humans, kids you called them. They all loved to pet me, they made me feel very special. I also liked going with you on cold winter days, and pulling the sled with my dogfriend Miss. And of course going to the stores, and picking out toys and treats. But still my favorite was just being with you, my head in your lap, looking up into your eyes.

I have been with you many years now. I'm an old man, and tho I still like to run in the cool breezes, and go with you to see small humans, and pick out toys at the store, I enjoy just laying near you more than ever. Last week I felt your salty tears splashing on my face again. You told me I needed something called an operation, to try to save my life. There was something bad inside me, called cancer, that was making me sick. You were afraid to have the operation, but you were afraid not to as well. As always, I knew you would protect me. We went to see Doc George, and you made me very sleepy, so I could get all better. The operation lasted for a long, long time, and even tho I was alseep, I could feel you with me the whole time, touching me, talking to me. You and Doc George worked very hard. After the operation, I had a hard time waking up. I could hear you calling me, I could feel your tears on my face again. I was so very sleepy, but I fought extra hard to come back to you. I woke up after a long while, with my head in your lap. Your tears were splashing on me again, but you said it was okay, they were happy tears, happy because I was still with you. You said that you were going to ask friends to do something called "praying" for me.....that this praying would help me feel better, and stay with you. If it means I get to stay with you, then praying is a good thing. I don't know what the future holds Mama, but I know I want to be with you always. So please know that I will fight extra hard to stay here with you, where I belong, with my head in your lap, looking into your eyes. I will belong to you always, beyond the end of time.

Love,

Finn

Oh Vic, I am just so very sorry. I had hope, as I know u did, that Finn would beat the odds yet again.

His body may have given out...but not his spirit. His spirit will always live strong inside u, and beside u-taking care of his mama.

I wish I could take the pain from u. Any loss of any of our furkids is tragic and heartbreaking, but I know when they are special needs kids, it can hit even harder while grieving, becuz so many hours are spent with keeping them medically stable.

I know u will feel Finn's head in ur lap many times, and it will not be ur imagination. You may not see those beautiful eyes looking up at u...but he is there, taking care of his mama-like she always did for him.

:animcnda_lg: Finnigan Begin Again

much love and hugs,

Edited by k9sign

Oh Vicky...

I'm in tears, and my heart is breaking for you. I never got to know Finn... but your words to him, and his words to you, are the essence of complete, true, unconditional, pure and unquestioning love. How I wish I had known him.

He fought the best fight he could, and I know he will never leave you. His spirit will be with you until you can be together again forever.

Run free gentle Finnigan Begin Again... you were so blessed to have found such love in your Mama's heart, and she was blessed to have you such a big part of her life. Run free, run fast, run young and pain free again, and keep watch over her from Rainbow Bridge.

Prayers to comfort you and candles to light Finnigan's path :animcndc_sm:

Blessings and Comfort

Joanna

Vicki, my heart is going out to you. Its never easy to lose our Heart Dog and Finn was definitely yours. He will never leave you. He will always be there, his head in your lap looking at you with love. I'm sure my Heart Dog Bear was there to greet him and make sure he arrives safely. Its been almost 4 years now since Bear left and I still feel his presence.

Run Free at the Bridge Finn :animcndc_sm:

Thinking, and worrying abt u.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Vicky}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Thank you all, for your kind words of comfort for my Finnamonster BigHead.

It is so empty here without him :((

Vicky

Aw Vicky, my heart just aches for u.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Vicky}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Thanks Cindy, and everyone, for all your thoughts for me and Finn. It's been two weeks and two days, and I still feel like I am in a fog, that this is some bad dream I'll wake up from, and he will be here with me.

I'll be picking him up for the last time at the vet next week :( Then, what's remains of his earthly being will be here with me, just as his spirit is.

Oh how I miss my Finnamonster BigHead :(

Vicky

Thanks Cindy, and everyone, for all your thoughts for me and Finn. It's been two weeks and two days, and I still feel like I am in a fog, that this is some bad dream I'll wake up from, and he will be here with me.

I'll be picking him up for the last time at the vet next week :( Then, what's remains of his earthly being will be here with me, just as his spirit is.

Oh how I miss my Finnamonster BigHead :(

Vicky

Dear Vicky,

Reading you letter from Finn and what you wrote before reminded me of bringing Lucky home for the first time after her rescue.

My heart goes out to you. It has been a little over a year without my Lucky girl and wind up with a wet pillow when I am really missing her. I have some wonderful pictures and a box of her first puppy shedding that I brushed out, found when I was unpacking at our new place, and a bazillion memories, but wish that she was back with me every day. HUGS and prayers for you and when it is time, Finn will be waiting for you at the bridge.

Kathy, Puddin and Angel Lucky

Vicky: I am so sorry. I was away and did not see the posting when Finn went on ahead.

What a wonderful relationship you had with him. I'm glad miracles were at work for him and got him to you.

Paula

11-25

Happy Birthday Pretty Beanie girl - I hope you are wearing your silver harness and plowing thru clouds of snow with a big smile on your face. Watch over us, and wait for us - we miss you more than words can say.

11-27

Oh Finn, it's been three long tearful months since you made your journey to be with the other Zoo Angels at the Bridge......in the dark at night, I close my eyes and can almost feel your big head on my lap, your soft eyes gazing up at me.....if only you were still here to catch the tears that fall.

I will love you always.

I miss you, all my Zoo Angels.

Mom

.....if only you were still here to catch the tears that fall

He will be, when the time is right for both of you.

Love,

Celia

2-14-09

Happy Birthday, my Finnamonster Big Head. I still can't wrap my head around the fact that you aren't here with us. I know you heard Dad and me singing happy birthday to you, as we hung your beautiful portrait last night....I know you had a paw in arranging that it was delivered on your special day too......you are watching over us.

I miss you more than words can say, and love you with my whole heart.

Happy Birthday in the heavens my sweet one.

Love

Mama