Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Renee-H

Bear Carpender

301 posts in this topic

Hello there Christina and Bear !!!!

Just stopping by to say "Hi" and see how you all are doing !!! I think it's fantastic how Bear reacts to the snow :) ~ although I must confess - I am 'totally' with your kitty :biggrin: !!!!!

I wanted y'all to know - you are in my prayers .... AND:

RedHeartGlitterLove.gif

Take extra special good care of one another !!!!

Sending GREAT :hugs: and MUCH MUCH LOVE ~

Always ~

Donna and 'The Bandit' :wub:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:wub::catwatching::wub:

Hey everyone,

Bear is doing well. all our animals are going stir crazy because it has been raining really hard for days. Just getting ready for the holidays. I got bear some chewy treats and had the kids wrap them up. Some how he knows that they're there. Our cat Tigger usually finds his once a year wrapped up catnip and shreds it when we're not around. Hope everyone is well. Talk to you soon.

Christina and Bear :bone:

Hi Christina & Bear,

I wish Mr. Wiggles would eat the treats but he won't. Does Bear manage to get his open before Christmas too? I hope all is going well for you.

:hugs:

Lora & Mr. Wiggles :pp_animal_564:

Hello Bear and family,

I hope you are having a great holidqay season so far. I am so glad you found IMOM and they were able to fund all of Bears needs. It sounds like he is a major part of your family. I couldn't imagine giving my puppy shot everyday, I don't think he would stand for it. How many shots are you giving him a day now?

My puppy went blind about a month 6 weeks ago and it is amazing how quickly he learned his way around the house and the back yard. He still runs into things but not as much as what he was the first week or so, and when he gets excited or is in a hurry he runs in to tables or walls. And it is amazing how the snow gets them so excited. Romeo goes crazy in it.

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy Christmas with Bear. Merry Christmas.

Abby & Romeo

Hey everyone,

Hope everyone is ready for the holidays. I know I'm not. Bear is doing so so. He just randomly peed himself with no warning inside the house, which usually means his sugar is probably too high. We can't check his sugar level at home. For some reason I have to bring him to the vet everytime I think it's up. Does anyone check their pets sugar at home? Well anyway other than that he seems to be o.k. I got him a special chewy for christmas today. He always really appreciates chewies because I can't afford it and he knows it's for something special. I also got my fat cat his annual catnip treat. I hid it really well this year so hopeffully he won't tear into it until Christmas! Hope everyone is good and healthy, we have had a bout of stomach and respitory viruses going around.

Christina and Bear :brownpup:

Christmas & Bear,

Hope everyone is feeling better around your house. We want to wish you a very Merry Christmas.

Lots of love,

Hi everyone,

Bear is doing well. It's been a little chaotic from the holidays. My husband and daughter are sick. It also snowed alot and then rained. The rain froze on top of the snow, so everytime Bear goes out to go potty he goes iceskating. The cat has been enjoying watching the poor birds eat from the bird feeder. He cackles at them all day but never actually does anything. My mother pulled a frozen cardinal out of one of our ever greens. The poor thing was trying to find shelter, and froze to death! My kids were very upset by the whole thing. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great holiday and when things get less chaotic I'm going to catch up on everyones posts!

Merry Christmas! Christina and bear

Hi there Christina and Bear !!!

I am SO sorry to hear about the weather ~ and that your hubby and daughter are both sick . . .and about the frozen cardinal :sad: It 'does' sound like things are rather chaotic right now ~ I 'do' so hope they calm down enough for y'all to 'truly' enjoy the peace, beauty, and meaning of Christmas !!!

In the meantime I pray your Lupus is doing well ~ and 'The Bandit' and I wanted to come by and wish you and Bear and ALL of your loved ones a most special and VERY Merry Christmas !!!! peace-on-earth-cat.gif

May God bless you all abundantly ~ and with health, happiness, love, joy, and all who we hold most dear !!!! Take extra special good care of one another !!!! Give Beat some special tummy rubs from me; and Bandit sends some head-butts and his special loud purrs !!!

Sending MUCH MUCH LOVE, GREAT :hugs:, and MANY MANY BLESSINGS to you ALL across the miles !!!!! :wub: And stay cozy and warm too !!! :wub:

ALWAYS ~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Donna and 'The Bandit' :wub:

:wub::catwatching::wub:

Edited by Bandit'sAngel

Hi Christina & Bear,

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas. The temperature here has been around 70 so it sure doesn't feel like winter. Hope you get a break and enjoy some of the warmth we are having here. At church today they were contemplating turning the AC on - that's crazy weather for late December. Well have a safe and blessed New Year and give Bear some extra love from us.

Hi everyone,

Hope everything is well. The weather has gotten alot warmer it was 62 the other day! Anyway, everyone is starting to feel better, thanks for the thoughts and prayers. Bear seems to be doing well. I just want to say thank you again to all the sponsors and imom. On Christmas Bear was so cute. I think he gets as excited as the kids do. I was looking at him sitting there in his little plaid sweater thinking he wouldn't be here if it wasn't for imom and his sponsors. I am eternally greatfull. I hope everyone has a great New year.

Christina and Bear :cool026:

hello everyone,

Hope everyones furbabies are doing good. Bear is the same. I'm going through a bit of stress. Somehow we had a couple of mice get into our basement during the extreme cold weather, which has now turned into a infestation. Me being the most narotic clean person you could ever come across is very hard for me to deal with. Especially with children in the house. We have an exterminater coming today, not sure if we are going to have to leave the house due to chemicals being sprayed etc. It will be very hard because we have kids and the 2 cats and Bear. So please pray that we get through this frustating time. Thanks for thoughts and prayers. If anyone else has ever had this happen would like to hear about it! Thanks

Christina and Bear :wacko:

:motimonkey:

Hi Christina,

Thanks so much for your post and remembering my birthday on Jan. 3rd.. Yes, I'm in the same category as your mother ...everyone always forgets it with the holidays!! But I enjoy it & celebrate anyway, although this year a little delay due to all I've been going through. Have been fighting the flu I think since the holidays, but also all this bad weather we've been having here's been ridiculous!

I laughed at your description of Bear skating around on the ice ... Zoom does the same thing and still doesn't understand it!

Between that and all the salt on the ground and we're due for another foot of snow Sat. eve. (just got 6" on Tues.) As long as we don't lose power again! Did Rhode Island get hit badly with the big ice storm a few weeks ago .. Mass. was in a state of

emergency as a result and many without power for weeks!

Feel badly for you with the mice ...supposedly if you see one ...there are many more you don't see. I hope you consulted an exterminator at least for advice & estimate. And just keep everything sealed up as much as possible.

Well, I hope things calm down for you and don't forget to give Bear some special belly rubs from Zoom & I . ...and to you...

Susan & Zoom

Hey everyone,

Nothing too different here. It seems to snow every other day. I'm looking forward to warmer weather. I think bear is too. He seems to be board. He enjoys sitting outside listening to different sounds. Well thankfully nothing is crazy is going on. Hope everyone is well!

Christina and Bear :butterfly:

Hey everyone,

Nothing too different here. It seems to snow every other day. I'm looking forward to warmer weather. I think bear is too. He seems to be board. He enjoys sitting outside listening to different sounds. Well thankfully nothing is crazy is going on. Hope everyone is well!

Christina and Bear :butterfly:

Christiana,

You were an entire week late in posting. The only reason your case was not closed is because of an oversight on our part. The next time you are late, we will have no choice but to immediately close Bear's case and redistribute his funds. We don't want to do this but it's not fair to the pets whose owners make the effort to post as required. Please consider this a final reminder.

Cindy/IMOM

Hey everyone,

Not sure what happened. I posted on Susan and zoom's page. Does that not count as a post if it's not on my own page? I am confused. Anyway, if anyone can tell me if it doesn't count could you please tell me. I will make sure to post on my own first then on others so I don't get dropped. The last post really stressed me out. I would never intentionally do that obviously. I have expressed many times how much I appreciate Imom and its sponsors and I would not disrespect the rules. If I was ever dropped from Imom I would not be able to afford Bear's insulin syringes etc. Most likely he would have to be put down so he would't suffer and it would be absolutely devistating to all of us especially my children. We have already lost our home due to not being able to afford it because of our illnesses and medical bills. We can't imagine loosing our best friend Bear too. Thank you for the support.

Christina Bear and Family :sad:

Christina...I have been reading your postings for Bear and your loves shows and shows...

You cannot count a post on someone elses thread as a post for Bear...BUT, please continue to post on other threads...it's nice to have friends on the forum...I post on alot of the PINs threads...it also gives everyone moral support...

I know that you wouldn't intentionally do anything to get yourself in trouble with IMOM...

Just make sure that you get your posts in for Bear and then go to visit other people threads...you can have fun on IMOM and make alot of friends too...The people that sponsor Bear like to know how he is and also how you and the family are...they don't know that you are posting about Bear on another pets thread...

You take good care of Bear...he needs you...I'll keep checking back in to see how you guys are doing...Judy

Edited by Judy

To all IMOM founders,

I sincerely apologize for not realizing I had to post on only mine for it to count. I understand now that it was explained. I just felt really bad because of the way you informed me. I understand you want people to respect IMOM and the sponsors. Which I completely do. It is just the way it was said literally had me in tears. It was an honest mistake. I guess because I am under alot of stress trying to take care of everyone kids, bear, etc. when it's hard to even take care of myself because of the Lupus, certain obvious things like just posting in general , I thought was fine. anyway it won't happen again.

Thank you, Christina

Christina,

I'm sorry it upset you that you were notified on the board but this is not an isolated incident (being late posting and not just on this thread). You have also been notified via email before. It's not just you, this is becoming a problem with several cases. All sponsor cases will be receiving an email in the next day reiterating what the requirement is and what happens if it's not met. Watch for it, as you will be asked to respond.

Cindy/IMOM

Hi Christina,

I wanted to find out how you were doing. Does the cold weather cause problems with the Lupus? I am ready for spring. It's in the 30's here, which is nothing compared to up north, but I hate the cold. How is Bear? I hope things are going well for you. Give Bear some extra TLC for me.

:hugs: ,

hey everyone,

Thought I would put a normal post on. Bear is doing well. Dealing with a small issue that he has extremly dry skin. Obviously from it be very dry and cold wintertime. It seems to make him itchy. Does anyone know of any cheap remedies that might help. I have given him baths with conditioners for dogs but it doesn't really seem to help. Would be open to suggestions. On to my current ongoing mice problems, my cat kept going into my bathroom late at night and acting weird. We have now realized that a mouse has chewed through the lint exhaust pipe from our dryer trying to get out and has died! So now we are still dealing with the infestation and I can't dry my laundry because it smells like a dead baking mouse. I have no idea how to even get to the area to remove it! Here's a helpful suggestion, if you think you have a mouse or two even though they're are kinda cute get rid of them quick because it can quickly turn into an infestation. We also have to rip out one of our ceilings because it is covered in the mice fecal matter and urine. There were four other houses in our neighborhood with the same problem. Anyway, I hope everyone else is doing good. Hopefully no one has any frozen pipes or electricity out.I guess God doesn't give us more than we can handle.Even though it feels like it sometimes!

Talk to everyone soon :wacko: christina and Bear

Hey everyone,

I was just thinking that we have never really told how bear came to our family. Mark and I had just gotten married. I was 19 and he was 26. I had never lived anywhere except Rhode Island. He joined the military and we were sent to Italy for 3 years. We loved kids and animals. Not knowing I had Lupus at that point I would get pretty far along with a pregnancy and the loose it. So I would try to get my mind off of it by walking to nearby villages and learning the culture and language in the local street markets. Then one day I came across a vendor who was literally selling cheese, clothes, trinkets, and about 20 puppies in a cardboard box in August in about 100 degree weather! In many other countries they don't have laws against animal cruelty etc. There would be random stray dogs running around villages and the carbinari (italian police) would just go around shooting them to keep them from multiplying. And of course there would be puppies left behind and people would gather them up and try to sell them to americans like me at street markets. So in this box at the bottom was bear, probablly about 3 weeks old, sick half dead, and severely dehydrated. So I went home and begged my husband to get a puppy, leaving out the fact that he was very sick and probablly going to die and Mark said yes because i had been so sad and lonely. So i went back the next day hoping and praying that the vendor didn't go to a different village. He obviously didn't. he tossed

Bear to me and said I was a fool for picking him in Italian and sold him to me for 5 dollars! Anyway I took him to a military vet and poor Bear had stuff coming out of his eyes and both ends. They put him on IV's and antibiotics for weeks and told me he wouldn't make it. I finally got to take him home but he was still weak for a long time. I had to feed him with a dropper. he couldn't even stand on his feet for at least another month. But he pulled through and we have always been there for each other. I ended up having another miscariage and Bear was always right there next to me when I was going through it. I ended up getting pregnant a fourth time. By this time we also adopted 2 cats named chili and pepper. The three of them would be like the three stooges catching lizards in our backyard and playing together. Unfortunatly the doctors and my family said it would be better for me to continue this pregnancy back in the United States, so I was sent home. Mark had to stay in Italy with Bear and the cats. When he finished the tour there I had our first miracle baby. Mark came home with

Bear to the United States with Bear on a 13 hour flight. Bear had a really hard time from the stress of the flight and adjusting to a new home and way of life and baby! He lost alot of his fur from stress. I felt so bad. Well we went on to finding out we were pregnant again and also that Mark was being deployed to Iraq all in the same week. Craziness! When Mark was gone I was on my own I had the baby and was living alone in our first house. One night I came home with the kids and had a strange feeling. Bear ran to the back door and starting barking like a crazy dog. And if you couldn't see him you would have thought he was a pitbull. When is jus a little lab cockerspaniel mix they think. Anyway someone was trying to break in and he scared them off! There were 2 holes in our screen window obviously someone trying to get to the window to open it . it was so scary but having Bear scared them away. When Mark called from Iraq and I told him he was so happy Bear did that and took care of us! So that brings us to toady where Bear and our 2 miracle children love each other and him and I cuddle with each other when we are sick. He has been a true blessing to our family. The sponsors and Imom have made it possible for him to continue being a blessing, comfort and friend to our family, and we are forever greatful to have the opportunity. Thanks

christna, bear and family

p.s. If anyone can tell us how to put pictures on I can show you Bear in Italy and other funny pictures with him and our 26 pound cat tigger!

Hi Christina & Bear,

That's quite a story! I can see why you love and are so attached to Bear. Certainly he would have died if you hadn't come along. I consider you both very fortunate to have each other. I don't understand how people can be so cruel to animals. Thank God Bear found you. Give Bear some special pets and kisses from me.

:hugs: ,