Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Renee-H

Bear Carpender

301 posts in this topic

Hi Christina & Mark,

Glad to hear Bear is doing well. I bet the walks do wonders for him. I still get a mixed bag of temperament when Mr. Wiggles gets his shots. He's fine afterwards but sometimes he really lets me know he doesn't like them. I hope things get easier. Take care my friends.

:hugs:

Lora & Mr. Wiggles :pp_animal_564:

:wacko: hi everyone!

bear is doing well. we've figured out that he does better with his shots if mark gives them to him and not me. I think he almost feels betrayed when I give him his shots. For some reason he is more calm with mark. Our new challenge is getting him bathed and shaved for the summer. He doesn't do well in the upcoming heat and it's a necessity. But I think he panics even more than when he gets his shots and he hasn't had it done since he's been blind. So needless to say I think it's going to be tough on him! wish me luck!

Christina

Hi Christina,

I'm glad Bear is doing well and able to get out for some walks. I hope the grooming goes ok and doesn't stress Bear, you, or Mark out too much.

hi everyone,

well bear was brave and got his once a summer shave. he was really scared at first because wouldn't you know there was a huge thunderstorm right when we started. what are the chances of that we haven't had a thunderstorm in probably 6 months! Anyways he's now a clean, cool, handsome dog. Just in time because today is supposed to be 97 and humid! Hope everyone is doing well! ( a quick note my children saw a picture of mr. wiggles and thought he was the cutest dog alive, besides bear of course! :biggrin: )

Hi Christina,

I know Mr. Wiggles would be giving your children a bath with all his kisses. He is a lover boy, which is not at all typical for Chihuahuas. I guess noone told Mr. Wiggles he was a Chihuahua. I would love to see a picture of the new and improved Bear. I bet he feels a lot better for the summer now. Take care and give Bear some hugs and kisses for me.

I tried to add a picture to the reply but to no avail. If anyone can provide some guidance it would be appreciated. In the mean time I added a picture of Bear and our fat cat tigger to our picassa link below. Bear and Tigger are the best of friends and the worst of enemies but when they fight it is ALWAYS Tigger who instigates.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Carpenders

Bear's Dad,

Mark

What a nice photo of Bear & Tigger. They look like they are best buddies even though Tigger can get onery with Bear. Glad to hear Bear is doing well.

Pat - IMOM

hi everyone, hope all the cuties are doing well. bear is ok. We had a really bad heat wave that was tough on him, now the crazy weather has gotten cold and thunderstorms. It has been hard to find bear he finds the funniest places to hide during storms. On a good note the vet gave us cat syringes to try on him to help with the pain. The needle is much smaller. they figured out the dose he is on fits in the syringe!

:aktion033: christina

Hi all,

Glad to hear you are going well. Let me know how the cat syringes go. Lately I've tried injecting on more of an angle and Mr. Wiggles doesn't seem to mind it when I give them that way. The syringes we get through IMOM are smaller than the Vetsulin syringes the vet started us on. Give Bear extra love from us.

All our love,

hi everyone,

hope everything is well. bear is doing much better with the cat syringes. the only downfall is they bend easily because they are thinner. my husband is going away for a couple of days so wish me luck because I will be giving bear his shots!

christina :blink:

hi everyone,

hope everything is well. bear is doing much better with the cat syringes. the only downfall is they bend easily because they are thinner. my husband is going away for a couple of days so wish me luck because I will be giving bear his shots!

christina :blink:

Christina,

Glad to hear the cat syringes are working better for you. The ones we get through Hocks are thinner needles and they do bend easier. Good luck on giving the injections. Give Bear lots of love from us.

hi everyone,

bear is doing well. my sister is visiting with her 4 kids. so that makes 6 total in our house with mine! i wasn't sure how bear would be with all the craziness but once again he amazes me and adapted well. with a few extra bumps on the nose from not seeing the new things, like playpens baby stuff. the poor thing had where everything was memorized and now there all these new objects to remember! we wanted to post pictures of our animals but cannot figure out how to do it. can anyone help?

thanks! christina

Hi Christina,

I haven't heard from you in a while and was just wondering how things were going. It must have been pretty chaotic with all the house guests. Poor Bear must be really confused with lots of new things in his path. He's a trooper and I know he will figure things out soon. How are the shots coming along? I wish I could help with posting pics but I am not very computer literate and I guess it's too complicated to explain because no one offered any advice online. I managed to post one picture by trial and error and couldn't begin to tell you how I did it. Good luck with that. I would love to see some pics of Bear.

hey lora and mr.wiggles, sorry haven't replied in awhile family still here.Pretty crazy! Bear is doing great. He has befreinded my 10 year old nephew. He talks calm to bear and pets him forever so he is very content. The ironic thing is I think because bear is blind he doesn't see the chaos of 6 kids running around. Last year when he could see he was alot more nervous. hope mr.wiggles is good! :pawprint: christina

hey guys!

tough week for bear for some reason his blood sugar level was 568! which is very high. Not quite sure why we haven't changed food or insulin. possibly stress is causing it. How is mr.wiggles? what kind of food do you feed mr.wiggles? Hope to hear from you soon. I also just want to say how much we appreciate imom. every time i look at bear i think about the only reason he is alive is because of the support we have received from everyone! thanks again! christina :heart:

Hi Christina,

That really is a high reading for Bear! I hope he's doing better now. I feel so connected with everyone here. I rejoice when they rejoice and cry when they cry. The only dog food I could get Mr. Wiggles to eat is Nature's Variety. It's at a local pet store in the freezer section. I've only found it at one pet store around here. It is kind of expensive - about $11 for 48 1 ounce medallions. Mr. Wiggles gets 6 a day. At the pet store you can give them your email address and name and can get a buy one get one free coupon. The problem is you can only use the email address once so I am using other family members names and addresses. Give Bear some belly rubs for me. Hopefully, he will be back to normal real soon.

hi guys,

hope everyone is well. bear is doing better. Our refrigerater was on its way out and wasn't cooling properly so that may have been the reason his sugar was high. we think it messed up the insulin, because now he's fine! It's kind of scary because my father is also diabetic and his insulin was in there too! hope everyone had a good summer. talk to you soon!

christina :brownpup:

Hi Christina,

I'm so glad to hear Bear is doing better. I know when Mr. Wiggles glucose level is up, I tend to get really worried. I had trouble once with the insulin. The medicine stuck to the bottom of the bottle and the normal rolling it in your hands wouldn't mix it up. I had to pluck and hit the bottom of the vial to loosen it up first. Fortunately, that did the trick. I hope your refrigerator is fixed or replaced and that your Dad didn't suffer any ill effects from it.

hey lora!

How is mr.wiggles? I've been helping my cousin find a puppy because she had to put down her 12 year old chow, golden, collie mix. He was such an awsome companion. Anyway we went to alot of places a nd I saw so many dogs it just broke my heart. We saw one that looked just like mr.wiggles. She ended finded the perfect dog but he is very sick. There is a chance he won't make it. But I keep telling her how sick bear was when I first got him and he pulled through. I truly believe that the animals need treatment but the love and affection help them also. So anyway it has been a busy week hope all is well!

christina :)

Hi Christina!

I'm sorry to hear your friend's puppy is sick. What is wrong with it? Hopefully with some TLC it will be ok. It's so sad when you have to put your pet down. My parents had a dog once and it got sick. I took it to the vet and he had distemper. I had no choice put to have him put to sleep. I know it has to be done at times but it still isn't an easy decision to make. Hopefully, this pup will be ok and make your friend a nice companion. How is Bear doing? I hope everything is going well with you and your family and you are able to enjoy Labor Day weekend.

hey lora and mr.wiggles,

Everything is going o.k. We gave bear an end of summer bath outside today. He's really fluffy now. My cousins puppy is doing much better it's gained 3 pounds too! They are still having a hard time dealing with putting the other dog down. Just when they were starting to do better they got his ashes in the mail! Kind of weird. They wanted to put his ashes under his favorite tree he used to sit under. Hopefully it'll be closure for them. I can't even imagine what it will be like when it is bears time. I will probablly have to go to counseling! well hope you guys had a great summer. Talk to you soon. :butterfly: christina

:pp_animal_568:

Hi Christina,

Just saw you post on Zoom's thread ....thanks for stopping by! I know how hard it is to post on everyone's thread .... I try and keep up and do what I can and just keep EVERYONE in my prayers.

Well, we're neighbors ...sort of ...I live in Massachusetts. Love, Rhode Island, especially Newport ....enjoy "drooling" over the Mansions ...or "cottages" as they're called I believe. What that must be like to actually live in one of those must be something else. Well, ... when I win the lottery...ha! ...

Anyway, ...the omega 3 ...it's actually Salmon Oil, get it online from HSN.com ...go under Pet Products call "The Royal Treatment" ...they have various things there ...it comes in package of 2 - 8oz. bottles for $19.95 ..I give Zoom a tsp. a day ..but your cat looks bigger than Zoom...so I would imagine the dosage would have to be adjusted and it took a bit for it to kick in.

I mix it with her food. It really has helped her skin, and coat, and various chronic infections (ears/eyes) she got while in her long hospital stays two years ago ....things haven't gone away completely ...her eye thing started up again recently but am hoping after antibiotics again, will kick in again. Zoom's skin was really bad ... under her coat looked like she had gotten a sunburn and was peeling constantly ....everything we tried would either not work, temporarily clear it up ...but not completely, and so it has continued. Am almost afraid to write that, something will happen again ... just checked her ears this am ...and so far so good

...no peeling skin, her coat has really come in nice & am seeing a few "sprouts" along edges of her small bald patch she has on her rump right above her tale. She gets so tired of me poking around and checking!!! But I think she knows ...I'm helping her because I usually get kisses afterwards ...even if she's fussed at me while doing my investigating & treating!

Anyway, I just started her second bottle ...so the first last me a good 2+ months so it's worth a try ...and do order it online because you aren't charged tax if you do (by phone you are!). Hope this all helps ...don't hesitate to ask any other questions ...

I'm still learning over here too.

Hope Bear's ok and you and family's too ...take care.

Susan & Zoom

Hey Christina,

I haven't seen any new posts lately so I just wanted to make sure everything is ok with you and Bear. My computer's been messed up so I haven't gotten on in a while either. Hope everything is ok and we hear from you soon.

hey Lora and mr.wiggles,

Thanks for checking on us. We are fine just been chaos with school starting with my kids, trying to get used to the new schedule. So is Bear. I haven't been able to spend as much time with him and when I am home he is right under my feet the whole time. Even when I'm in the bathroom he waits outside the door and whines!. I feel really bad. Hopefully it will get less chaotic once I settle into a routine. Well hope everyone is good talk to you soon.

Christina :wacko: