Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Renee-H

Rosie Hyman

376 posts in this topic

Does she look Pudgy to you... I think not. Maybe well sculpted, musular, and dare I say it Svelte..--- Mapleman.

Hear, Hear for the Sculpted and FIT!! Keep up the walking pretty Rosie... it's good for everybody! A bod to match her pretty face.

Aww... don't think Rosie looks pudgy at all!!! Although, I do have a soft spot (no pun intended) for the pudgy ones here on this planet! But I know, I keep a better watch on Zoom's weight than my own! So happy Rosie is doing so muscularly well!

Will keep you all in my prayers for upcoming tests, especially you Charles re: node ....lotsa good thoughts coming your way too.

Till next time,

:hugs:

Susan & Zoom

Aww... don't think Rosie looks pudgy at all!!! Although, I do have a soft spot (no pun intended) for the pudgy ones here on this planet! But I know, I keep a better watch on Zoom's weight than my own! So happy Rosie is doing so muscularly well!

Will keep you all in my prayers for upcoming tests, especially you Charles re: node ....lotsa good thoughts coming your way too.

Till next time,

Susan & Zoom

Thanks to all of you angels that have helped Rosie get fully funded. Also for the compliments on Rosie. I have not had the blood sugar done yet as that was the morning I had my CatScan ( no pun intended ) By the way they found no cat in my lung. ;):rolleyes: That meant Rosie had to get her Vetsalin a bit earlier than usual, So we missed the 4 hr - 6 hr window for the Blood sugar level accuracy.

Rosie is having it done May !rst, along with the other 3 tests. Here's Rosie by my '

Tamukeyama ' Japanese Maple. It's bare in the pic..but fully leafed out now. Her whip of a tail can knock things off of tables. A little nervous when Rosie is near my Prize JP.

post-2254-1209014540_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mapleman

Thanks to all of you angels that have helped Rosie get fully funded. Also for the compliments on Rosie. I have not had the blood sugar done yet as that was the morning I had my CatScan ( no pun intended ) By the way they found no cat in my lung. ;):rolleyes: That meant Rosie had to get her Vetsalin a bit earlier than usual, So we missed the 4 hr - 6 hr window for the Blood sugar level accuracy.

Rosie is having it done May !rst, along with the other 3 tests. Here's Rosie by my '

Tamukeyama ' Japanese Maple. It's bare in the pic..but fully leafed out now. Her whip of a tail can knock things off of tables. A little nervous when Rosie is near my Prize JP.

Thank you for the positive thoughts. I should have the written report tomorrow or by Friday.

post-2254-1209014816_thumb.jpg

Thank you for the positive thoughts. I should have the written report tomorrow or by Friday.

Well Rosie got her Blood sugar ( glucose test )It was 226. That was good considering how close to the front end of the 4-6 hours they prefer.HW: Negative Lyme : Negative

E.canis : Negative

A ph.Negative :)B):aktion033::claphands::heart::biggrin::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::banana: ---Mapleman.

post-2254-1209200655_thumb.jpg

Pretty good results for Rosie. Hopefully they can get her glucose down a little more. I think Rosie looks perfect! She must have been using the gym more than me. :lol: I hope you have a great weekend. Looking forward to learning more about Rosie.

Lora & Mr. Wiggles :pp_animal_564:

:)

Great, great news on ALL tests results!

Wonderful news!

Have a beautiful weekend !!!!

Susan & Zoom

Hi ...quick question, just read your recent post on Zoom's thread: where/how does one apply for disability housing grants? Never heard of them ...thanks for the tip!

Susan & Zoom

Hi ...quick question, just read your recent post on Zoom's thread: where/how does one apply for disability housing grants? Never heard of them ...thanks for the tip!

Susan & Zoom

I believe it is from the Social Security Dept at your Local office...Possibly the Local DOW office. ( Dept of Welfare.) You can also get a pet friendly housing by googling it. I needed it for a finding a pet friendly motel for Barbara and I to go on vacation in Cape May several years and another pet ago. I know that I needed it for a motel but we have learned a lot since needing assistance.--- Mapleman.

Hopefully you all had good weekends. My trees shrubs and hostas are all coming up beautifully. Te Toad lilies are full of the basel leaves. Too early for the stems and flowers. ( Fall Bloomers.) Rosie goes to her short leash 6ft Leather ) when she wants to go for a ride in the car, and hold her face out the window.

She is getting her balace better on the armrests and doesn't " list " when I turn a corner. I always hoped she would start to enjoy that the more we drove and now she does. ( See reference to car friendly post and flatbed tow-truck posts for her prior behavior in a car.

When she wants to go for a walk she goes to the Bright Red 30 ft Reel Type Leash. Now she wants the top of the Dutch door open so she can stand on the arm of the sofa with her back legs, and put her front paws on the top of the bottom section.

She looks 7 & 1/2 ft tall next to me. Loves the breezes in the mornings at the Dutch Door and the slope in the backyard in the afternoons, and just stares turning her head which ever way the wind is coming towards her face. Reminds me of the scene at the Bow of the titanic when they were taking in the breezes. She lifts her head as if to say AHHHH...priceless. Wishing you all well.

Trying to get the last day outside tomorrow to plant some long overdue contanerized hostas. They are outgrowing the 5 Gallon Plastic white 5 gllon Home Depot Paint cans/pots.

I drilled drain holes on the edges and are over the top and edges of the 5 gallon pot.

Then we have just under a week of rain showers and the possibilty of a few thunderstorms. Figures. ---Mapleman. That's not a trash bag. It's leaf mold for the garden and the compost pile.

post-2254-1209627241_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mapleman

Well here's an update on Rosie.

We are going back to her old schedule of Breakfast at 11:30 AM , and dinner at 11:30 PM. That way the blood test will be 5 hours into the time zone..instead of just after 4 hours. Smack in the middle.

Just because she comes wandering down from the bed at 10:30AM and stands like a sentinel...Like she's saying " Okay"..Where's the Hill Prescription Diet WD." " What do you mean it's too early. My time clock and your's are obviously out of kilter. "

Sorry Rosie. Go play with your toy and you'll get your food soon. That usually holds her for about 1/2 hr. to 45 minutes of attention. Then she'll stand up and stare again. Oh those eye's. I play my little violin for her. She seem's unimpressed.

So I ask if she wants to go outside in the yard. That get's a wag of the tail and I get to drink my morning coffee. Of course if she or I are hidden by any of the Japanese Maples in the backyard she come's running back to the steps. Just to make sure all my attention is on her of course....and that I am still outside.

Then she'll sit down at my feet, and ' allows me ' to rub her back for about 1/2 hour- 45 minutes and soon it's time for her to eat. Spoiled rotten...and lovin' every minute of it. This is the look I get. HMMPPPHHH.

post-2254-1209968831_thumb.jpg

Charles ...thanks so much for your post. Will call SS to check on grant ....knew of subsidized housing, etc. but never heard of outright grants. I know when I had checked with various local housing places, asking about assistance ...grants were never mentioned ... but alot of things were "omitted" and with my naivete to the process took alot of what was said as ...well that's it.

Will try again tho...can't hurt. I know alot of help is available if you are married, a couple, or have children ...otherwise I have found very little to be eligible for or there's nothing at all. For someone, who worked her whole life, worked full time to put myself through school so I have would have some "security" ...this has been an enlightening experience to say the least. But again, thanks ...will pursue that lead. As to where I want to live, that went out the window after a week the last time I moved, and the same seems to be holding true now ...all depends on who will allow a dog (preferably without pet rent) but because of my health problems have to consider other things as well about the place. I have about 3 weeks left, otherwise will be locked into another lease here for a year. With everything else I have going on it's just not that easy. And quite honestly, the smart thing for me to do would be to relocate to a milder climate because of health & age .....am just trying to juggle it all, doing the best I can, and leaving it in God's hands. Hopefully, he'll show me the way and/or put the right people in my path.

Will put my new vet search on hold till I know where I'll be ....the commute to Zoom's vet is a bit much and there weren't any in the area when Zoom and I applied to IMOM ..nor even as of last year when I searched. Am just grateful I found someone who would work with IMOM. But aside from the time factor, with the gas prices now ...AHHHHH! We're all dealing with it I know!

I do still want to have Zoom checked by an opthamologist ...I will definitely remember your suggested questions to ask. Just want to do as much as I can for her ...like most of us with "our babies". So again, don't know if we'll get there in the next few weeks with housing search and more dental & medical scheduled. Oh, yes, I definitely think I should have had antibiotics BEFORE this particular tooth was extracted ...and even asked then, & again since am in pain last week too, , and was told ...wait until your appt. next week and we'll see what's going on. So goes the experience of a dental school I guess!

Well, Rosie sounds like "Zoom" with her food ... except Zoom will bark or cry till fed (vet & I both think this is rewarding bad behavior ...if I were still in my own home, as long as I knew nothing was wrong, she'd bark until the cows come home ...she's definitely "knows" what's she's doing and now that I have the bloodwork to prove it .....Hmmm, am still kind of trapped as to how I can work with her on this being in an apt. complex. But Rosie, just sounds adorable ....she's so lucky to have you and Barbara but it sounds like she gives you great joy too.

Well, I've chewed your ear off enough ...thanks for the posts and the input. Hope Rosie, you & Barbara all continue to do well and enjoying what sounds like a wonderful garden. Sending ya all good thoughts - and,

Susan & Zoom

I was trying to find a pic with Rosie in more of the garden. That being said her tail is lethal to plants, and new growth. Still gettin soakers. So naturally Rosie just must STAY OUTSIDE so I have to give her a shoeshine toweldown.

She loves it. Well that plus who am I to deny a wet dog a shoeshine rubdown to dry her off. Sorry no picks of the rubdown. Barabara has yet to get used to the newer digital camera. I'm sure I have something with Rosie on the slope that I have yet to post hopefully. Rhodesian wet and wonderful sloppy kisses back at all of you angels.---Mapleman. Browsing....

post-2254-1210401018_thumb.jpg

Hope that beautiful Rosie is doing well!

Amy

Yep Rosie is doing fine. Thanks to the imom angels we were able to get two bottles of vetsalin. She has developed an attitude as far as treats go though. Usally after she does her business in the backyard she gets treats. Not really treats, but a handful of her kibble ( Hill's Science Diet WD )

She also gets treats after getting her 2 injections. Now she will get her injection and then go out of the kitchen and stand like and sit down like a Doberman just waiting for a burglar to break in.

Just a silouette but a formiddable silouette in the darkness of the living room. compared to the bright light in the kitchen. God forbid I don't get her treats out of the ziploc bag we keep them in within a second or 2. Then I hear the footsteps padding halfway towards the kitchen, and then sitting down again.

If I don't make it out of the kitchen within 5 - 10 seconds she is leaning in the doorway as if saying " WELL...WHAT'S TAKING SO LONG " DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I'VE BEEN SITTING OUT THERE?"!!!!!!! Yeah about all of 15 seconds.

Shame on me for disposing of the used needle in the sharps container before I bring her treats to her royal highness. I'm sure you have all seen the " WELL " look before...but here it is.--- Mapleman.

post-2254-1211220860_thumb.jpg

I think is absolute cruelty! Get that baby her treats before she starves to death!! haha

;)

I agree with the above ...withholding her treats like that....seconds ....my goodness!!! She does have you wrapped around her little "treat jar" doesn't she! It always amazes me how well our pets come to know us ....why can't it be that easy with our own species? I just got the biggest kick out of your story .... yes, I know, that "Well" look! Zoom used to do something similar ...every time I was on the phone with a friend (not business, etc....how she knows the difference I don't know) ...she'd start acting like a brat...until I'd give her a treat! I began to call her "my little extortionist!" ...because as soon as I started having a personal conversation with a friend on the phone ...she'd act up, even though, previously she might have been asleep ...sitting right next to me... I wasn't ALL hers. YUP, ....I can just picture Rosie being all indignant about her treats!!!!

Updated on dentist on Zoom's thread: thanks for your posts. Am now on anti-biotics that could wipe out the plague!

Hope everything else is ok with you & Barbara ...and dear Rosie ....enjooooy Memorial Weekend!!

Susan & Zoom

Hey susan and zoom. I guess business calls tend to last a shorter time, unless they ask you to hold..Your call is important to us. Your wait time is approximately 3 minutes. Of course then the same person that put you on hold comes back in 5 minutes ( not to far off ) ..but of course she says can you please hold and does it without asking first.

Than the long silence. Someone else who didn't know you were on hold picks up the phone, and immediately without a word hangs it up. Long silence continues while you say Hello? Hello? Hello?...Then you know the inevitable person..computerized to sound friendly so you don't bother to cuss out a computer voice says inevitably......" If you'd like to make a call please hang up; and try again." The worst part...is the "Thank You." or " Have a nice Day.!"

Now your ear not only hurts from holding against your ear but you've wasted a half hour to get nothing. My time is more important than there's ..at least to me to waste it on another try.

I've had that happen often enough to wonder why I am always sucked to be put on hold ...when I know the inevitable outcome before I call. So much for venting about trying to make a doctors appointment. Here is a tip if you use the promts that ask if this is a doctors office use that option. Usually #1 or #2.

Then when they get on the phone just say " Oh I'm sorry; I must have pushed the wrong prompt but maybe you could help me with an appointment.

Hoping all furbabies and their parents had a Wonderful Memorial Day even if they only stayed home.

As for Rosie...Now that the weather is more pleasant she is more stubborn after going out to do her business than ever. She does her business. Then returns to the bottom of our backyard step. Looks up at me..sniffs the ground and goes and sits on the sloping garden takin'in the rays....for an hour.

Now it's an arrogant look I'm getting. Of course this would not be a problem unless I was just letting her out because my wife and I had to go somewhere or I was running late for a Doctor's appointment. It's almost ....dare I say it ..Smugness.--MM.

post-2254-1211788776_thumb.jpg

Rosie is a sweetheart who knows how to push all the right buttons. To make her wait 15 seconds for a treat, they could get you for dog abuse. :lol: It is really wonderful hearing how much Rosie means to you. She is one lucky pup.

:lol:

Loved your depiction of our advanced technology and being put on hold ... then the inevitable disconnection. Couldn't have come at a better time ....spent my Memorial Weekend on a 5 hour phone call due to a bank error ...that left me without $$, cancelled plans, and actually cost me $ due to time and screwups. Actually followed up directly with the President's office the following Tuesday, being assured everything had been resolved, and "they did it again" the following Thursday! And that's only the beginning, having trouble forming simple sentences ..... am in a state of disbelief ....and not a letter or note or anything of apology to makegood on the whole thing. So I think they've put in the voice-prompts so they don't have to deal with anything ...

then I look at Zoom, and am so grateful she's doing so well and realize it reminds me of what's really important!

Hope Rosie's doing ok .....that she's enjoying her pleasant breezes by the backyard steps as well as you and Barbara spending some time in the good weather as well! Stay in touch -

Susan & Zoom

:pp_animal_103:

Charles -- how are you, Barbara & Rosie doing? .... Just checking in .... hope all's ok!

Susan & Zoom

:pp_animal_103:

Charles -- how are you, Barbara & Rosie doing? .... Just checking in .... hope all's ok!

Susan & Zoom

We are all doing well. Barbara has had more painful and longer lasting spasms in her legs..but she reordered her meds and it's starting to feel a bit better. Still walking with a cane.

We were over at PIL's yesterday to drive them for marketing. It was a long day and we were all very tired afterwards. that being said they were very thankful we came over to help them do some food shopping.

They were going to go today by themselves. In 96 * heat. We said no we'll be down shortly..Barb's gettin'out of the shower and wee'll be there soon.

Today was a scorcher at 97*. Even Rosie stuck her head outside and acted like " I'm not going for a walk with that heat out there. Fact is we had both heat warnings , and heat advisories.

This is where Rosie spent her time. On the sofa with the overhead fan above her on the bed. She knows exactly what she was doing.

post-2254-1212920628_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mapleman

Rosie is one smart dog! She knows it's way too hot to go out there. Keep that fan going. Sure hope this is no reflection of what July and August will be. Give the girl some love from us.

Rosie is one smart dog! She knows it's way too hot to go out there. Keep that fan going. Sure hope this is no reflection of what July and August will be. Give the girl some love from us.

Yep we had quite a spell of hot weather. Rained yesterday a little bit. No ' quarter size hail ' or ' SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS ' although the whole viewing area was under a Severe Thunderstorm WARNING and had RED all over PA.

That being said we did get out on some early mornings and around dusk for several walks. I think next to laying on HER loveseat size sofa , walks are her next favorite thing. Nice cooling breeze although the temps were in the high 70's.

Plus she puts on quite the show when walking...almost prancing like a 'Grand Dame of Society.' Plus it helps keep her nails short the more walks we take.

The last road we turn on is Strafford Road. That's her now ' infamous rabbit stalking kind of walk.' Low to the ground...purposeful in her quiet stride...like a Cheetah. Slow and easy. It's quite funny to watch actually because of the early Spring Rabbits out at night.

This street has the most rabbit population. The adults are smart. Stand like a Statue. Rosie walks right by them ( 10 ft to her left ) The younger rabbits have unfortunately not yet learned this trait and immediately try to run in a Zig-zag pattern to get away. Rosie sees them right away and gives chase. Never has caught one or would not know what to do if she did.

Got really close last year. Pulling me through a split rail fence to get at the young rabbit. The Center post was ( fortunately for me ) rotted at the base..So when Rosie pulled me through the fence, and my arm was opened up against the middle rail of 3 rails it fell easily...and I managed to hold onto the leash.

My arm unfortunately from shoulder to the tips of my fingers and dripping blood all over the ground. Since the fence was on the ground and it was not my house. I went to the door ( only because there was a light on.

I rang the doorbell to let the homeowner..actually his daughter know what happened and how. She was about to open the door , and I asked if her Mother or Father were home. I said " Don't open the door ..just get me one of your parents. "

The mother came to the door and said she couldn't hear me through the glass storm door. I think it was more fear. Which is good but not when I am dripping blood on their front porch. ( Funny Thing; the daughter could hear me fine.)

Finally a man came walking up the front sidewalk with a Rotweiller in tow and there I am standing at his front door at 11:30 at night. I asked are you the Father. He said "Yes ..Can I help you. "

I told him about his fence getting knocked down when Rosie dragged me under his fence. Chasing a Rabbit. I gave him my address and told him if there was any charge to fix it let me know. He said " Most people would'nt even have stopped to let us know . I appreciate that. " He didn't even notice the blood dripping down onto his porch.

Than I asked if he minded if I went home and got my bleeding stopped. He looked at my arm and said...Man..You waited and you are bleeding like that. Yeah get home and fix that arm while I dripped blood on his porch. Needless to say he replaced the center post which was obviously rotted, and never asked me for a dime, and whenever Rosie and I walk down that street..I keep a short leash on her.

So are the trials and tribulations of dog ownership. Mapleman. This is the look I get when Rosie sees a Rabbit.

post-2254-1213771681_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mapleman

;)

Hi Barbara & Charles & Rosie -

Loved your description of your walk with Rosie ....or is she walking you? Your arm injury sounded terrible and couldn't believe the man didn't offer to help ...or at least give you a towel! Yet ...I could see it being late at night and all ...and today you just never know.

Rosie sure is strong though ... I know I always had big dogs before Zoom & my last poodle ....don't think I could have them now for exactly that reason. But I do like a larger dog for security....Zoom does her best on that detail, but a squeaky bark over a big

woof .... plus where am living there are weight restrictions too. Gosh, I miss owning my own home!!!!

As for my moving ... yes, I've heard of that place/book that refers hotels, etc. Certainly couldn't afford to "live" in a hotel ...but

will check out further on apts. out of state ...once I know where I will live. It's a juggling act really ...what most people deal with ...what I can afford, need, or want. I dread the entire process..... if you had told me 20 years ago I be doing this now ...got all the moving I wanted for work, school when I was younger. Now I just want to grow "young" on my porch with my pooches

and get on with life ... and hopefully relish life.

Anyway, hope Barbara is feeling better, Rosie ok & you too...... be wary of the fences this week. And lotsa Zoom kisses & poodle hugs to you all ..

Susan & Zoom