Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Tracy IMOM

Gunnar Damiano

49 posts in this topic

Diagnosis: Severe Hip Displasia. Needs FHO surgery

Amount of estimate: $2460. Applicant can contribute nothing. We are attempting to raise $1300 while the applicant searches for other funding

Spayed or neutered: Yes

Case worker: Tracy

Gunnar is a 10-month-old rescued Pit Bull who has severe hip displaysia and arthritis. He has a very hard time walking and will need FHO surgery in order to live a non-painful life. His mom is expecting her first child and has a low-paying job.

Gunnar's PIN page is here: http://www.imom.org/pin/general/gunnar-damiano.htm

Donations can be made here: http://www.imom.org/donation

Please specify GF - Gunnar Damiano on all donations

Also please consider a small donation to our Operating fund so that we may continue to fund administrative expenses

Thank you, angels, for any assistance you can offer this handsome boy.

Sincerely,

Tracy/IMOM

:WELCOMEPHOTO: Poor gunnar I am going through the same thing with my 9 month old australian shepard. She is a pin here as well. It is so hard to see them suffer at such a young age. Is he on anything for his pain? Its also hard being a single mom and trying to manage everything. I wish you the best of luck getting gunnar all fixed up. Do you have any pictures of him? You have definately come to the right place IMOM is full of wonderful angels that preform miracles all the time.

Lots of love and aussie hugs,

Jennifer and Emma

:WELCOMEPHOTO: Poor gunnar I am going through the same thing with my 9 month old australian shepard. She is a pin here as well. It is so hard to see them suffer at such a young age. Is he on anything for his pain? Its also hard being a single mom and trying to manage everything. I wish you the best of luck getting gunnar all fixed up. Do you have any pictures of him? You have definately come to the right place IMOM is full of wonderful angels that preform miracles all the time.

Jennifer and Emma

Hey Jennifer and Emma,

Thanks for taking the time to read Gunnars story. I feel awful that I can not help Gunnar myself. He is soooo young but so awesome and full of life to see him in pain breaks my heart. On top of this I have 2 other dogs one which has severe allergies. They did have Gunnar on pain medicine but they took him off of them because they said he will never know his limits on how rough to play or what hurts him if he is on pain relievers. It is just soooo hard keeping him calm with my 2 other dogs...they are crazy. i do have tons of pics of him on his pin page there is a pic. Thanks again...good luck to you

Welcome to IMOM, Gunnar is adorable. I also have a pit bull named Angel, she was a 10 month old stray that I witnessed get hit by a truck head on two years ago. If it wasn't for IMOM and IMOM's angels, Angel would not be here today with me and I would not be a part of IMOM's family. Angel and I have a lot to be thankful for and I am sending Gunnar lots of prayers that you both experience the magic that happens here everyday.

Angel is sending Gunnar doggie hugs.

PS If I can give you one advice that is to post as often as possible, tell our supporters/donors all about Gunnar and how much he means to you. We would love to see more pics of Gunnar as well.

Thanks for taking the time to read Gunnars story. I feel awful that I can not help Gunnar myself. He is soooo young but so awesome and full of life to see him in pain breaks my heart. On top of this I have 2 other dogs one which has severe allergies. They did have Gunnar on pain medicine but they took him off of them because they said he will never know his limits on how rough to play or what hurts him if he is on pain relievers. It is just soooo hard keeping him calm with my 2 other dogs...they are crazy. i do have tons of pics of him on his pin page there is a pic. Thanks again...good luck to you

Gunnar has such a loveable mug :) Makes me wanna squeeze him.

We can't donate because we are also a PIN on IMOM (my dog Sydney is under ongoing illnesses and gets sponsors for her chemo) . But I wanted to cheer you on! Diana is right ... post post post even if it seems like no one is listening. The more the angels hear about Gunnar the more they will want to open their hearts and help him !!!

Can you also apply to orthodogs for the remaining funds you will need ? I am sure someone here has the link - they often work with IMOM with ortho cases to help raise the remaining funds !! :)

Thank You soooo much for writing...everyone on here seems sooo nice and caring.. I love it... I would love to post pics of Gunnar but I am not sure how... Any advice on how to use this website would be great...How do I post pictures and where should I post my comments?????

Welcome to IMOM...I wish you luck raising funds for Gunnar.

Did you apply to:

Pit Bull Rescue Central - PBRC

I am hoping that perhaps they can help you also...the more help the better off you and Gunnar will be. Judy

Thank You soooo much for writing...everyone on here seems sooo nice and caring.. I love it... I would love to post pics of Gunnar but I am not sure how... Any advice on how to use this website would be great...How do I post pictures and where should I post my comments?????

Jessica ~ To post comments, just reply in this thread. Don't start a new thread or else it makes it difficult for everyone to follow Gunnar's progress.

Once you have hit the reply button and typed your comments, scroll down under your comments and you will see a box that says "Manage Current Attachments) and underneath that a Browse button and an Upload button.

First, click on the Browse button and find the photo you want to attach on your computer. Once you find it, click the Upload button. It may take a few moments, but it should appear. Then when you're all done, scroll down further until you see the Add Reply and Preview Post buttons. You can preview it first if you want. Otherwise, just hit Add Reply and you're good to go.

Looking forward to hearing more about Gunnar.

Hello everyone,

Today we took Gunner for a walk and Gunner decided to just sit down and not get up in the middle of the walk.... It was obvious his hips were bothering him. We had to cut our walk short and get him home to rest.... I feel so helpless. I just want to help him. Please read Gunners full story under pets in need. Thank u...Please help if you can

post-2960-1205458892_thumb.jpg

I know exactly what you mean. Emma does that all the time. I hope he is feeling better this evening. It is sad to watch them want to run and play but know that they cant. Do you have to restrict his activity or does he know his limits? Emma tries to super puppy sometimes and ends up paying for it later. I have trouble keeping a herding dog still. I have learned to play games with emma to help her release some of her energy. I bought this book called beyond fetch its really neat. Is he on pain meds? He is so adorable, I think pits are very adorable. I live in a city where they are completely banned. People have them anyway but if they catch you they will take it and fine you. I am hoping gunnar can get to afr soon. Wishing you lots of luck.

Lots of hugs and aussie kisses,

Jennifer and Emma

Hello everyone,

Today we took Gunner for a walk and Gunner decided to just sit down and not get up in the middle of the walk.... It was obvious his hips were bothering him. We had to cut our walk short and get him home to rest.... I feel so helpless. I just want to help him. Please read Gunners full story under pets in need. Thank u...Please help if you can

Can you also apply to orthodogs for the remaining funds you will need ? I am sure someone here has the link - they often work with IMOM with ortho cases to help raise the remaining funds !! :)

OrthoDogs

Just click this link and it will take you to the Ortho Dogs site. I sure hope they can help! They have worked with IMOM before and are a GREAT organization!!!

Good Luck with Gunnar...he is adorable! I just want to kiss his forhead and give him a big hug! :wub:

Gabs

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to give an update...Gunnar had a rough weekend this weekend...He staye dup whining saturday night so I decided to pull out the sofa bed in my living room and spend the night with him which I think it actually comforted him and helped him sleep....

But today he is acting fine the nice weather he is loving he wants to run and jump and play in the yard ...feel bad restricting him while my other dogs are playing...

Anyone have any ideas on if there is anything I can do for his arthritis while waiting for the surgery????

The dr. dont want him on pain killers because he wants Gunnar to learn his limits...Maybe a special food or something????

post-2960-1205875683_thumb.jpg

Jessica,

Emma is on a glucosamine and chondroitin supplement and she also takes a pill called traumeel. It is an herbal supplement that helps with pain and inflammation. Her physical therapist sent it home with her after the first surgery. She had to take it along with the pain killers but now she takes it by herself. You can get it at natural food stores or herbal stores. It really works, does your surgeons office have a pt. If so ask them about it. It has helped her relieve the pain. The web address on the bottle is info@heelusa.com if you want to check it out. Heel is the company that makes it. They have to take it 15 minutes before any food or water. I hope that helps. I agree with not putting him on the pain killers. Emma would be in heaven if she could take tramadol all the time. She would definatley overdue it. Angels help this adorable little guy get to afr. His mommy loves him so much. Make sure that you post everyday even if it seems like noone is listening. The angels are always watching and you dont even know it. Emma and I wish you the best of luck and hope gunnar is able to get his surgery soon. I know how hard it is to restrict them when all they want to do is be normal.

Jennifer and Emma

Hi Jessica,

I have a 10 month old st bernard/pitbull mix who is absolutely the goofiest, sweetest dog in the world. Its so nice to find a place where other people love pitbulls. We sent in a donation and hope that Gunnar will be up and running soon!!!

Gunnar has received some wonderful donations from some wonderful donors. His fund balance is now $550 and he needs $750 more. Thanks!

Maribeth,

Hello,

I can not thank you enough for your donation....It is sooo thoughtful of you....I would love to see a pic of your puppy.....Thank you again...We went from having no donations at all to having $550 which is the greatest help in the world!!!!!Thanks again!!!!

Jessica and Gunnar

post-2960-1206135693_thumb.jpg

That is wonderful news, I am so glad that gunnar is that much closer to having his surgery. How is he feeling? My emma just had a tpo done on her left hip thursday. We hope gunnar gets the funds he needs soon so we can see him in afr. Make sure you are posting everyday and keeping all the angels up on what is going on with gunnar. Imom angels help this sweet baby so he isnt in pain anymore.

Jennifer and Emma

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to say Thank You to all the people that have been so kind to donate to Gunnar. Every dollar gets us closer and closer to him getting his surgery and not having any more pain..... I am also working with www.oslf who is great. Im working with a volunteer Simone who is one in a million. I receive e-mails everyday with different ideas and answers to all my questions from her. Unfortunetly no donations have come in at www.oslf.org for Gunnar yet but she is working very hard on Gunnars case. If you have any free time check out the website for oslf...Its great there is a on-line chat were you can talk with other people and discuss issues. Again, Thanks for everything!!!!!!

post-2960-1206373076_thumb.jpg

Gunnar has passed the 1/2 way mark in fundraising. He has $678 in donations and needs $622 more. Can you help Gunnar? Thanks!

Gunnar has passed the 1/2 way mark in fundraising. He has $678 in donations and needs $622 more. Can you help Gunnar? Thanks!

Whoo hoo! :banana: Gunnar is more than halfway there! I'll be very glad when Gunnar can have his surgery and be out of pain. Thank you to all the angels who have, or will, donate to Gunnar.

Tracy/IMOM :heart::stripekitty:

YAYAYYAYYAYAYY I am sooooooooooooo glad Gunnar has hit the half way point. I can not wait to make him feel better...So far these past couple days have been good for him. No whining at night but I did wake up to my carpet chewed up.hahahah. This sight has been sooo helpful to me not only with Gunnar but with my other dogs to I got some great advice on how to treat my other dog who has severe allergies. I justed wanted to say Thank You all once again!!!! This is a greeeaaattt site. xoxoxoxo from Gunnar

I got some great news today.............Not only has IMOM raised $678.00 so far I have been working with OSLF as well who donated $1130.00 to Gunnar....I am soooo Thankful for these two sites and all the volunteers at both places. I will never be able to thank you enoug...Just a couple more hundred dollars in donations and Gunnar will be on his way to recovery...Thanks a million everyone

Jessica...congratulations on the news that Gunnar is getting so close to having the funds needed for his surgery!!

IMOM and OSLF are just GREAT...keep posting and telling everyone what a good boy Gunnar is...tell us stories about him, his buddies and you...

It's hard work, but it's oh so worth it...Again, congratulations on the GREAT NEWS! Judy

Sign in to follow this