Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Cindy/IMOM

Pacer Hornsby has gone to Rainbow Bridge

45 posts in this topic

Diagnosis: Diaphragmatic Hernia. Needs surgery as soon as possible.

Estimated total needed: $1584, need to raise $1100

Neutered: Yes

Volunteer case worker: Cindy

Pacer is a 2 year old dog suffering from a diaphragmatic hernia.

He needs surgery as soon as possible or he will have to be sent

to the Bridge. The vet says he has 7 days but each day his prognosis

worsens. Here's what his mom says about him:

We adopted Pacer from a shelter when he was just a puppy. He

was found out on the highway, and was terrified of cars (we suspect

he was thrown from a car). After working with him for a couple months,

most of his fears were gone. He has always been a very loving pet.

At night he jumps up in my husband's lap and lays down for an hour or

so, then gets in bed with me to watch TV. I would appreciate any

assistance that you could give us with the medical bills for our best

friend, Pacer.

Look at this sweet face! post-139-1203104552_thumb.jpg

Due to the very serious nature of Pacer's condition, IMOM is pledging $300 to start his fund, however that's barely 1/4 of the amount he needs. If you would like to make a donation to help please make your donation to - GF Pacer Hornsby Donations!

http://www.imom.org/donation/online.htm

Please consider making a token donation to our Operating Fund as well so that we can continue to cover our administrative costs.

Thanks in advance for you help and support,

Cindy/IMOM

What a lovely boy -- and so young. Angels, a donation of any size is going to help get Pacer into surgery, and he needs surgery soon. Thank you for considering helping sweet Pacer.

Please help Pacer live. He is only two years old and has many more years to protect his home. He is much loved and needs this surgery right away. Angels please help him.

Love and prayers

Poor Pacer!! As a former shelter worker, I appreciate you adopting him and will make a donation for his surgery. Please IMOM Angels...can we put it in high gear for this sweetheart? He doesn't have much time!

Jennifer

:pp_animal_568:

Pacer has a donation of $500 (thank you!!!) and $300 pledge from IMOM's General Funds for a total of $800. Our fundraising goal is $1100, so just $300 more to go. Can you help us help Pacer?

Juli

Pacer's Mom posted yesterday in the Introduction thread..thought I would copy and paste what she wrote...

anidogfris.gif Hi, my name is Pacer, and I am almost 2 years old and I am one of 4 dogs that my owner loves very much. The oldest, my step-mom, is 13 years old and very lazy. Her name is Daisy and she is a Golden Retriever. There is also a Black and Tan hound that was a rescue named Lindy and a MUTT, we don't know what he is, but he is very big, his name is MOOSE. We live out in the woods very close to a lake. We have plenty of room to run when we want to, but usually we lie around the house and watch TV with MOM.

I have always been very active, very loving and gentle. I was one of those babies that would cuddle up on someones shoulder and sleep. That was always OK with everyone. Right now I am very sick. I have a hernia that needs to be repaired asap, but mom doesn't have the money. She is trying to remedy the situation. I know that she loves me very much and would be lost without me because I am the protector of the house. I am the one that lets her know when someone or something is outside. I will be so glad when I feel better.

Have a good day,

Pacer

Pacer is getting so close to the funds needed for his surgery...you can tell that he is truly loved...please, it's the week end...he needs our help! Judy

Pacer's Mom posted yesterday in the Introduction thread..thought I would copy and paste what she wrote...

anidogfris.gif Hi, my name is Pacer, and I am almost 2 years old and I am one of 4 dogs that my owner loves very much. The oldest, my step-mom, is 13 years old and very lazy. Her name is Daisy and she is a Golden Retriever. There is also a Black and Tan hound that was a rescue named Lindy and a MUTT, we don't know what he is, but he is very big, his name is MOOSE. We live out in the woods very close to a lake. We have plenty of room to run when we want to, but usually we lie around the house and watch TV with MOM.

I have always been very active, very loving and gentle. I was one of those babies that would cuddle up on someones shoulder and sleep. That was always OK with everyone. Right now I am very sick. I have a hernia that needs to be repaired asap, but mom doesn't have the money. She is trying to remedy the situation. I know that she loves me very much and would be lost without me because I am the protector of the house. I am the one that lets her know when someone or something is outside. I will be so glad when I feel better.

Have a good day,

Pacer

Pacer is getting so close to the funds needed for his surgery...you can tell that he is truly loved...please, it's the week end...he needs our help! Judy

To everyone who posted get well wishes, thank you from the bottom of my heart and to js797, thank you so very much for you most generous donation. Pacer will have his surgery soon.

Pacer is the most loving companion I have ever had, he is sensitive to the needs of every member of our family. I have Fibromyalgia and have trouble with my balance sometimes. Pacer goes with me everywhere I go and I have used him to steady myself several times. He also takes care of Daisy, our 12 year old Golden Retriever. She is old and not steady on her feet at all. Most of the time when she gets down off the couch, she stumbles. She has stopped making tears, so she doesn't see real well either. She is also allergic to everything and has lost alot of her hair. She looks funny and the vet works with her, but there is really not much that can be done for her. She is just old and a little cranky. But we love her deeply and will continue to do what we can for her until it is time for her to go to the Bridge. Whenever she goes outside, Pacer always goes with her. He stays right beside her until she is finished with whatever she is doing. He loves her as much as we do.

I have had many dogs in my life, but I have never had one that was as affectionate as Pacer. He wants to live so badly and the look on his face and in his eyes just kills me whenever I go to see him. It is almost too much to bear. He need surgery immediately in order to live to his full potential. He is just 2 and such a happy boy. His friends(both animal and human) miss him terribly and want him home. Would you please see if there is enough goodness in you heart to help him have his live saving surgery. Any donation that you can make will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to everyone and I will be talking to you again very soon.

Sandy

Sandy,

I wish I could take credit for the large donation made but mine was only a fraction of this amount...I think I posted about the time some incredibly, extra special IMOM donor processed their donation. What a wonderful person to help Pacer in such a huge way!

Jennifer

Sandy,

I wish I could take credit for the large donation made but mine was only a fraction of this amount...I think I posted about the time some incredibly, extra special IMOM donor processed their donation. What a wonderful person to help Pacer in such a huge way!

Jennifer

Thanks Jennifer :spot I am going to talk to the vet in the morning and see what he thinks about when he can do the surgery. I appreciate you donation, no matter how large or small it is.

And to the donor who helped in such a huge way, thank you from the bottom of my heart. I will be posting after I talk to the Dr. and will let everyone know how Pacer is doing. Once again, Thank you all very much. Just $300 to go till surgery, lets all get involved and help Pacer.

Sandy

Thanks Jennifer :spot I am going to talk to the vet in the morning and see what he thinks about when he can do the surgery. I appreciate you donation, no matter how large or small it is.

And to the donor who helped in such a huge way, thank you from the bottom of my heart. I will be posting after I talk to the Dr. and will let everyone know how Pacer is doing. Once again, Thank you all very much. Just $300 to go till surgery, lets all get involved and help Pacer.

Sandy

Sandy, I can't donate because my own pup is a PIN (pet in need) on IMOM and has monthly sponsors for her medications & chemo .. but I will cheer Pacer on!

Angels, Pacer is just a BABY and only $300 will ensure that he is able to get the surgery that will save his life. PLEASE dig deep in the couch cushions and send any amount you can for this sweet little guy !!

Welcome Sandy and Pacer, what a sweetheart he is. All my thoughts and prayers that he will be fixed up soon so he can get back home with his family. Thank you for rescuing him, as a mom of 2 rescue dogs and 3 rescue cats, I love it when I hear of another baby that has been adopted. I'm sending in a donation to help Pacer on his way to a happy and healthy life.

Cooper and I have good news: Pacer has the funds for his surgery! Our goal was $1100 and we met it. Thank you everyone!

Sandra, you may call your vet and set up an appointment for surgery. Let us know when it is. Cindy will be in touch via email as soon as she can.

Good luck Pacer!

Juli and CooperCat

:cooper:

Wow wonderful news, I can't wait until Pacer's mom reads this. Thanks so much Angels and Julie and Cooper for bringing the good news.

Welcome Sandy and Pacer, what a sweetheart he is. All my thoughts and prayers that he will be fixed up soon so he can get back home with his family. Thank you for rescuing him, as a mom of 2 rescue dogs and 3 rescue cats, I love it when I hear of another baby that has been adopted. I'm sending in a donation to help Pacer on his way to a happy and healthy life.

Debs and Syds Mom, I want to thank you very much for the donation and your prayers. I spoke to Pacer's doctor this morning and they will schedule it on Monday. I am sitting here with tears in my eyes not knowing what to say. I have never been involved in anything like this before, so it is hard for me to believe that people who don't know me or Pacer can be so generous. I will never forget any of you and I want to say THANK YOU again and again for your love, support and generous donations. I will keep everyone posted on how he is doing. Again, thank you so very much.

Sandy and Pacer

Just give that lovely boy a hug from all of us. And I'm so happy that his surgery is on Monday, not too much longer now and he will be all fixed up.

I want to thank everyone once again for their love, support, prayers and donations to Pacer. I never dreamed anything like this could happen. I will tell him tomorrow all about you and your wonderful "furbabies". He will be so very glad to hear the news.

As I said earlier, they are going to schedule the surgery on Monday, Bobby, Dr Canerdy's wife told me today that the surgery schedule was full for Tuesday so she thought he would just do it "at a special time". They may do it tomorrow. I will let everyone know.

Now I would like to introduce you to the rest of the family.

Moose--a very LARGE Mutt that I adopted from the animal shelter when he was 8 weeks old and even then he was big. He weighed 15lbs when he was 10 weeks old. He is extremely soft and lovable.

Daisey--a 12 year old Golden Retriever that I have had since she was 5 wk. old. I got her in Kansas.

Lindy--a 2 year old Black and Tan Hound, crazy, funny, sweet, affectionate and beautiful. I got her a couple months ago from an animal rescuer group here in town.

:felineicon: Onyx--bob tailed, long haired and very lovable, just under a year, blue eyes

:magicmoon: Holly--the old lady in the group, she is 8, polydactyl (7 toes)

Checkers--a reverse calico with matching sides that look like a checker board, she is 6

Tiger--a 5 year old tabby, toooooo lovable

Gordon--a 14 lb. yellow male tabby who thinks he is the boss

Dudley--3 year old long haired yellow male tabby, my little lion, Gordon's son, polydactyl

Munch--a rescue from 7 years ago, she was only about 3 weeks old. She is calico and Checkers mom

Bear--Holly's sister, a big black long haired beauty, polydactyl, thinks my husband belongs to her, she is 8

Natalie--rescue from under the hood of a car on campus, she couldn't have been any more than 3 weeks old

Muffy--a beautiful Seal Point who loves attention Big blue eyes

Gizzie--the baby of the bunch, Dudley's sister, looks just like her great-grandmother, Grizabella,that I had given my daughter for her birthday. She had gone to the Bridge.

Smoky--a rescue from a parking lot. About a year old now.

Sophie--a beautiful, long haired silver point with the prettiest blue eyes. Not as affectionate as some of the others unless she wants something. :minichat6:

Angel Cotton who we lost back in Nov. He was the love of my life with his beautiful long white hair and blue eyes. He was a Fire Point.

The other angel was Harley, an 8 year old Chow/Wolf mix that was the sweetest, most lovable dog in the world, he was Pacers predecessor

Now that you know my family, oh yes, there is also Cody, Cheyenne, Chris, Matt, James, Foye, Tiffany, Cindy, Christine, Jesus and the baby due in April, Alana Danyell, and Michael, just kids and their families, you can see that there will be a huge welcome home party for Pacer very soon.

Once again thank you all very much and I will definitely keep you all posted on how he is doing.

Thanks and Love

Sandy and Gang

Oh, I love the polydactyl babes! They're so cute with their extra toes! I'm giving thanks this morning sweet Pacer is able to have surgery tomorrow and that this community is filled with such generous people who made this happen for him so quickly. What an amazing group of people!

Jennifer

:spot

Oh, I love the polydactyl babes! They're so cute with their extra toes! I'm giving thanks this morning sweet Pacer is able to have surgery tomorrow and that this community is filled with such generous people who made this happen for him so quickly. What an amazing group of people!

Jennifer

I am so glad to see that someone other than me knows what the polydactyl babies are. Dudley is a perfect one--7 one the front and 6 on the back with the biggest mane I have ever seen.

Pacer will have his surgery tomorrow thanks to the wondersul generosity of the people from this and other sites like this. As Jennifer said, what an amazxing group of people! I went to the store today and bought him a stuffed doggie to have when he gets out of surgery. I just thought it would make him feel better. It is so quiet around the house without him and Lindy is about to go crazy looking for him. I will be so glad when he comes home. Thanks to the generosity of a lot of good people, this seemingly impossible to afford surgery will now take place. Thanks to everyone of you for your donations, love, support and prayers. I will update you tomorrow.

Sandy and Pacer and gang

:ten::felineicon::minichat6::magicmoon::spot

Now thats a big family, Sandy, Everyone tells me I have a houseful. They all sound lovely and what a great mom you are to take care of all of them. Pacer sure does have a wonderful family. All my thoughts and prayers for him today and can't wait to hear he is out of surgery and recovering well.

Big hugs and thanks for introducing the rest of the family

First, I want to thank everyone who donated, prayed, and supported Pacer through this terrible situation.

I went to see him this morning when I got off work. I played with him and talked to him for nearly an hour. He was not looking good, so thin and helpless. I had a hard time leaving. I took him a little blue stuffed dog and he really liked it. then they took him to surgery. When they got in, they found that his liver was up inside the hole and twice the size it should be. It was like putting a rubber band around you finger. His intestens looked very bad. They worked on him for over an hour, but eventually lost him. I was devestated when Dr. Canerdy told me. Now he has gone to the Bridge to be with Harley and Cotton and everybody else. I know that I will see him again some day.Sorry the tears are just coming down to hard to talk right now :felineicon: . I will post again later.

Sandy and the gange :spot

:animcndc_sm: Sandy, I am so sorry to hear this sad, sad news of Pacer's passing. He runs with a healthy liver now at the Rainbow Bridge.

Please know This Gang holds Your Gang in our hearts and mourn sweet Pacer with you.

Paula(2) and The Gang of 10

Oh, no, what a shock. :broken_heart:

Sandy, I m so very sorry Pacer had to go to Rainbow Bridge. I know how devastated u must be. No matter how many other furkids u have, there is still a huge hole where Pacer was.

Pacer is running free and painfree, and someday u will meet him again.

Sadly,

Cindy

Oh no Sandy, I am so so sorry. Take comfort in knowing what a wonderful mom you were to Pacer. You did all that you could possibly have done for him.

:Love and big Husky hugs, :dogsled:

Debbie and jack

:animcndc_sm: for Pacer

Oh no Sandy, I am so so sorry. Take comfort in knowing what a wonderful mom you were to Pacer. You did all that you could possibly have done for him.

:Love and big Husky hugs, :dogsled:

Debbie and jack

:animcndc_sm: for Pacer

Debbie and Jack, Cindy, and Paula(2) and the Gang(10),

Thank you so much for your kindness and sympathy. I have to keep telling myself that I did do all I could do. It is just hard when you miss him so much. He was so very special to all of us. I just want to hold him like I did every day. I miss him jumping up on the bed and taking up the space that my feet go in. He was such a bed hog.

It is so nice to be able to remember all the fantastic things about him. I lost alot of my pictures of him when my computer got wet and went down. I will have to see if they can be retrieved off the hard drive. I am going to be faithful in keeping in tough with you guys, you were there for me when I really needed friends and thank goodness you are there for me now. I truly love each and every one of you(furkids included).

Thank you from the bottom of my heart and hubby says to tell you how very greatful he is also. If we can ever do anything for you, all of you, please say so. We will always be there for you.

Love,

Sandy, Bert, and the Gang(16) :felineicon::felineicon::magicmoon::minichat6::minichat6: