Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Sarah C.

Ally Fleisher - Shepherd Mix

23 posts in this topic

Treatment:chemo protocol including blood tests

Estimate: Total cost of chemo protocol including blood tests etc: $2,497.50

Scott borrowed to pay for treatments up to now. Magic Bullet Fund paid yesterday's treatment (315.80) to start Ally off.

Needed to complete the protocol: 438.85

IMOM Contact: Sarah Rutledge

This is IMOM's and the Magic Bullet Fund's 2nd co-PIN! Please welcome dear Ally. She lives (and swims) in Los Angeles. She is an adorable and friendly Shepherd mix with lymphoma. She was diagnosed 11/14, 12 years old, spayed. MBF started her off with $315.80 today to pay for a chemo treatment. Owner Scott was denied by CareCredit, is on unemployment. He paid for the first 4 treatments, borrowed from friends and family, is now tapped out.

To make a donation through the Magic Bullet Fund for Ally please click here. Please understand that although IMOM will make a donation to The Magic Bullet Fund for Ally's treatment we are not accepting direct donations at IMOM for Ally.

Sorry guys! Scott was trying to post but the topic was closed. I'll have to figure out why the MBF topics get created closed and not open on default. But Scott's here and trying and he'll be posting soon!

WELL HELLO!!! I finally made it! We've arrived on here! Hi all....I will be posting more tomorrow or the next day b/c I have to be up for work very early...as you can see, Ally is quite the active dog....she banged up her ear a bit trying to follow me on a surfboard a long time ago when she was a wee lass....The other is her post a day at the beach, and the latter, is us getting some tea. She's probably the best dog ever. (no offense to anyone) She plans on posting a few of these herself so I'll be sure sign her up as well....

She thanks you for all the support pouring in from everywhere!!

Thanks so much, and if there are any question you may have for Ally or I, please feel free to ask. Oh and Ally prefers to be called "G". She's used to that. Night all!!

Best,

Ally and Scott

post-2757-1199935719_thumb.jpg

post-2757-1199935741_thumb.jpg

post-2757-1199935757_thumb.jpg

WELL HELLO!!! I finally made it! We've arrived on here! Hi all....I will be posting more tomorrow or the next day b/c I have to be up for work very early...as you can see, Ally is quite the active dog....she banged up her ear a bit trying to follow me on a surfboard a long time ago when she was a wee lass....The other is her post a day at the beach, and the latter, is us getting some tea. She's probably the best dog ever. (no offense to anyone) She plans on posting a few of these herself so I'll be sure sign her up as well....She thanks you for all the support pouring in from everywhere!! Thanks so much, and if there are any question you may have for Ally or I, please feel free to ask. Oh and Ally prefers to be called "G". She's used to that. Night all!!

Hi Scott ! Welcome to IMOM!

My dog Sydney was diagnosed with lymphoma 6/07. She's in full clinicial remission with the lymphoma but now we've found out she also has underlying CCL (chronic leukemia) so we are fighting that. She's an IMOM PIN (pet in need) you can read about her under ongoing illnesses on IMOM. So we can't donate... but we'll be happy to support G and cheer her on !!

Thank-you for sharing the photos !! Post as much as you can about Ally, the more the angels get to know her the more they will help her!

Hi Scott and Ally! Welcome!!!

Im a mom to a former PIN named Layla Ann. We've been around since Sept. '06 and although Layla has made an almost full recovery, we still hang out at IMOM and help with the new PIN's. We are a great cheering section and when we have extra $$ we love to donate!

We'd love to hear more about G, I have to admit, I LOVE the nickname. (My nickname is G as well :) )

How did you two come to be? What are her favorite toys, special things she does, etc.

Again....WELCOME!

Love,

Gabs

Hi Scott and Ally! Welcome!!!

Im a mom to a former PIN named Layla Ann. We've been around since Sept. '06 and although Layla has made an almost full recovery, we still hang out at IMOM and help with the new PIN's. We are a great cheering section and when we have extra $ we love to donate!

We'd love to hear more about G, I have to admit, I LOVE the nickname. (My nickname is G as well :) )

How did you two come to be? What are her favorite toys, special things she does, etc.

Again....WELCOME!

Love,

Gabs

This is a good question. How did she come to be or rather, how did we come to be. The G was found homeless on the streets of NYC. Where she was taken in by a rescue place called "Mighty Mutts" in NYC. She then moved in w/ my ex girlfriend where she ate couches, bacon, shoes, computer software and other misc. items. I then met the G when she was about 2 (ish). She still never reveals her real age to me. She could honestly be 20-25 yrs old! Anyway, when I met the G it was love at first site. I think my ex was jealous quite frankly. We would stroll around the village, play tennis ball in the 2ft x 1 ft. patch of grass on the street, ride bikes, etc. etc. Her favorite was a subway ride to the beach though. I don't reccomend taking your dog on the subway, but when it's your only mode of transportation, you have to do what you have to do! SHE LOVES THE BEACH!! She learned to swim in Queens, and took the water quite well. She doesn't like when people rub her butt against the grain....I'm just stating random facts as you can see. If we're in the dog park, and there are other tennis balls there that are not hers, she snubs them and prefers to play "rock" instead. This is where she gets a small rock, and she'd much rather you throw that and her fetch that, then another dogs cootie ridden ball. She's weird like that. For some reason I started calling her Gene. This then morphed into "the hygene" b/c when I would come home, I would say... " hi, gene".....so she's also known as hygene w/o the i. I have no idea. This then got condensed to just plain G. That's where it is now. In NYC, you can't take her in to stores as much as you can in LA, except for Bed Bath and Beyond. However, the stipulation was, was that your dog had to be in a shopping wagon. I call it wagon. Others might say cart. Whatever. Anyway, it got to the point when we passed that store, she would try and jump into any wagon to go in there. Weird. I guess she loved duvee covers or something. Who knows. That's all I got for now...I'm rather delerious and am not proofreading nor spellchecking so be prepared and fill in the blanks where you may. Hope all is well for everyone!!! More pics to come! Ciao

Scott and G

Ciao

Don't tell me your Italian too!! LOL We do have a lot in common!!! LOL

What a GREAT story! Random facts are great!!! I loved hearing how the nickname came about..too cute!! I can't wait to see more pics, I did see the one on the MBF. And she's in the water...how in the world did you get her to do that???? Layla HATES water...she thinks its evil or something... ;)

We'll be rooting for you both! If you have a moment, check out the forum! There are quite a few PINS and former PINS who have been where you are right now. They can answer questions and help explain things that might not make sense to you :)

We all hate the C word here and are continuously rooting for a cure! Hang in there Ally-gator...!

HUGS

Gabs

Scott and G - Oh what a darling story!! I can just picture G on the subway...knowing he's all that because he get's to ride on the subway car. I didn't even know they were allowed on! That would make my subway ride - running into a cute, sweet (possibly wet) doggie on the subway! Not that we have one in Denver.

I had to go to his website to look at him again. The picture is so cute of him swimming! I used to love to swim with my Golden Zeke. Alas Banjo didn't like to swim and Natasha and Boris have been to sick to try - but this summer we'll take them out to see.

Do you have any other pictures of G that we can see him up close? If you are having trouble posting a pic - email it to me at gf@imom.org and I'll get it up for you.

Boris and Natasha said to give G long belly rubs - they think long belly rubs will cure anything. :)

Scott and G - Oh what a darling story!! I can just picture G on the subway...knowing he's all that because he get's to ride on the subway car. I didn't even know they were allowed on! That would make my subway ride - running into a cute, sweet (possibly wet) doggie on the subway! Not that we have one in Denver.

I had to go to his website to look at him again. The picture is so cute of him swimming! I used to love to swim with my Golden Zeke. Alas Banjo didn't like to swim and Natasha and Boris have been to sick to try - but this summer we'll take them out to see.

Do you have any other pictures of G that we can see him up close? If you are having trouble posting a pic - email it to me at gf@imom.org and I'll get it up for you.

Boris and Natasha said to give G long belly rubs - they think long belly rubs will cure anything. :)

Hi. Quick question. How come when I try to view the pics of posted of G and I, it says I am not allowed to do so? Also, can you see the pics on the page, or do you have to click a link or d/l to view? Stil trying to get the hang of this site! Please advise so I can post more stories, pics, etc. Today we found 3 tennis balls under the couch...SCORE! Not sure how she began to swim. I think she just followed me into the ocean once and from then on she liked it. If I'm in she just does laps around these days. I haven't found a bathing cap that fits right, but I'm still looking. As for the subway, I don't advise it. It's technically not legal, so if a cop sees you on the train, he'll prob give you a ticket. Anyway, tomorrow we'll probably watch some football. Even though the G's a lady, she likes football. I tend to think she likes the chicken scraps that she gets but that's besides the point. When my team scores, she barks so it's all good. In between games, we'll prob go to a field and play.....that's about it for now....please let me know about the pics.

S & G

Don't tell me your Italian too!! LOL We do have a lot in common!!! LOL

What a GREAT story! Random facts are great!!! I loved hearing how the nickname came about..too cute!! I can't wait to see more pics, I did see the one on the MBF. And she's in the water...how in the world did you get her to do that???? Layla HATES water...she thinks its evil or something... ;)

We'll be rooting for you both! If you have a moment, check out the forum! There are quite a few PINS and former PINS who have been where you are right now. They can answer questions and help explain things that might not make sense to you :)

We all hate the C word here and are continuously rooting for a cure! Hang in there Ally-gator...!

HUGS

Gabs

Ali G seeems like a very nice dog.. However this 'fetching Roks" thing must be bad for her health... It is she not too bright Re tennis balls or just a rock lover

JMF

Not sure why she loves rocks...she just does...she prefers a brand new tennis ball....however, it is tainted by other dogs, she's not into it....she's a tennis ball diva if you will....she loves them both equally...thank you for your concern though!!

Ali G seeems like a very nice dog.. However this 'fetching Roks" thing must be bad for her health... It is she not too bright Re tennis balls or just a rock lover

JMF

I was told I had to write everyday on this or Ally's treatment would be stopped. Who knew. So, I'm writing to say Ally woke up today and wanted bacon. I think she mentioned going to the beach, but it's rather rainy her so that'll have to wait...I think we'll venture outside in a bit. Please let me know how things are, and if there is anything you would like to know about Ally. Thank you in advance!!

Scott and Ally

Scott-

You need to be writing on the fundraising thread already started for Ally by your wonderful caseworker, Sarah, not starting new topics each time you post.

Actually, no one told you treatment would stop. I believe what you were told, is that if you won't follow the IMOM policies, your case could be closed, and fundraising would stop. So, if you need funding for treatment - which presumably is why you are here - then yes, you do need to follow the IMOM fundraising policies. Since you don't seem to know...my suggestion would be to go back and re-read the IMOM financial aid section. Read all of it, more than once if necessary for you to understand it (it is a fair amount of information) and don't neglect sections like the FAQ pages. Once you have done that, you will hopefully have a better understanding of how IMOM works. I would also encourage you to read some of the other cases, especially those that have been successful at fundraising. Maybe you can glean useful information from reading the success stories (those would be found at Happy Endings) and model your fundraising efforts after those who have succeeded.

I hope that you read the information soon, for Ally's sake. We would all love to see your baby all fixed up.

Give her a piece of bacon for me, I look forward to hearing about her outing, even if it is too rainy for the beach!

Vicky/IMOM

I merged Scott's new topic into his original so everyone would only have one place to look for updates.

Scott - we don't have a picture of Ally up yet - do you have one that you can post here? I know our donors would love to see her gorgeous face.

How is Ally feeling right now? My Natasha was just diagnosed with cancer and what breaks my heart is that she just looks so good and is finally feeling better - she's been through a lot with heart worm (before we got her) and then she was just so sick and under weight. Now that she finally is looking good and feeling good I'm told he has cancer. What a blow.

I merged Scott's new topic into his original so everyone would only have one place to look for updates.

Scott - we don't have a picture of Ally up yet - do you have one that you can post here? I know our donors would love to see her gorgeous face.

How is Ally feeling right now? My Natasha was just diagnosed with cancer and what breaks my heart is that she just looks so good and is finally feeling better - she's been through a lot with heart worm (before we got her) and then she was just so sick and under weight. Now that she finally is looking good and feeling good I'm told he has cancer. What a blow.

Hi there and thanks for the post. I truely hope Natasha gets well. I will say that the medication definitely works wonders. Ally went from sluggishly walking around not eating, to being back to her old rock playing, bird chasing, basket weaving dog. It's a new lease and I treat it as borrowed time. House money if you will. I'd love to post some pics. I'm not sure how. Help! I tried to upload...ahhhh..maybe my pic is too big...I'll work on that....keep the faith and all the best!!

Scott & G

does anyone know how to post pics? I try to upload but it just loads and loads. Thanks!

Ally is doing well today! We're going to blockbuster in a bit...ciao

Hi there and thanks for the post. I truely hope Natasha gets well. I will say that the medication definitely works wonders. Ally went from sluggishly walking around not eating, to being back to her old rock playing, bird chasing, basket weaving dog. It's a new lease and I treat it as borrowed time. House money if you will. I'd love to post some pics. I'm not sure how. Help! I tried to upload...ahhhh..maybe my pic is too big...I'll work on that....keep the faith and all the best!!

Scott & G

OK. So I think I know how to post some pics. I will get on that later tonight or manana. Thanks for all of the support!

S&G

does anyone know how to post pics? I try to upload but it just loads and loads. Thanks!

Ally is doing well today! We're going to blockbuster in a bit...ciao

Hi Scott !

Can you tell us some stories about Ally ? What sort of things does she do that makes her special to you ?

You might want to check my girl, Sydney's thread. She also has lymphoma and is now nearly 9 months since we found out she had it (which is really good considering she ALSO has leukemia) and IMOM angels are the ENTIRE reason for her doing so well and still being here with me.

Here is the start of her story

http://www.imom.org/community/index.php?showtopic=2866

There are so many stories! I have some above if you scroll up. I'm glad your Sydney is doing well...I'm looking for a place to take the G to frolic in the snow for the day...(she likes snow) Does anyone know anywhere that I can drive to from LA to reach some sort of snowy field? The beach and snow are her favs....i guess they're mine too...go figure....I think we look the same now as well...

Hi Scott !

Can you tell us some stories about Ally ? What sort of things does she do that makes her special to you ?

You might want to check my girl, Sydney's thread. She also has lymphoma and is now nearly 9 months since we found out she had it (which is really good considering she ALSO has leukemia) and IMOM angels are the ENTIRE reason for her doing so well and still being here with me.

Here is the start of her story

http://www.imom.org/community/index.php?showtopic=2866

So...tell us...Did Ally-Gator get to frollick in the snow?? Or did she watch Dad?? :lol::roll:

How is G feeling today? Hope all is well and she is in good spirits and feeling great!

Have a GREAT weekend!

Ally's thread is being closed. Scott was told that to effectively fund raise at IMOM he really needs to post every day - and post something meaningful. His heart just doesn't seem in it.

I'm hopeful that he is able to get the funding he needs for Ally outside of IMOM and we wish them both the best.

Sign in to follow this