Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Kyle imom

Garfield:Fund Raising Suspended

35 posts in this topic

I am so glad the vet stepped in and fixed up Garfield and he is eating and doing better. I also hope that the owner will finally give up and sign him over. This person shouldn't have animals if they can't treat them the way they are supposed to be. Besides how do you accidentally break a cats jaw.

I hope we can find out the outcome of this and hear he has a new and loving home. All my hugs and prayers for little Garfield

My friends, IMOM has been made aware that Garfield was released by the veterinary hospital into the care of his owner - the man who admitted causing Garfield's injuries - and has gone home. We have also learned that surgery was not performed after all, because Garfield's broken jaw healed without treatment. Whether it healed properly, of course we don't know.

As you know, IMOM was willing to donate funds for Garfield, only if the owner surrendered him so that he could find a loving home free of such baffling violence. It's regrettable that we were not able to influence that outcome. We can only hope that the applicant in this case has learned a lesson, perhaps faced a turning point in his life. Garfield, and all the pets who trust us with their lives, deserve nothing less than the best people we can be.

Thank you, always, for helping IMOM care for the little ones.

imom.gif

:motimonkey: That is not good news. How can they just let that owner have him back. Does no one do anything about this? Now on one will know if this poor baby will be abused again. It does not make sence. I will pray for this little baby every day and hope we never have to see him posted here again.

Lets all pray for a speedy recovery and hope the owner puts him up for adoption. He does not deserve owning this pet. Poor baby must be soooo afraid of him now.

Somethings are out of our hands in life but it is not fair to poor Garfield.

Tucks Mom

Cathy

Edited by momma25

Oh no, not what I wanted to hear. All my thoughts and prayers for Garfield that his owner will either find him a home or stop the abuse. I don't understand how this can happen. The vet should have called Animal Control and let them step in to help.

Oh no, not what I wanted to hear. All my thoughts and prayers for Garfield that his owner will either find him a home or stop the abuse. I don't understand how this can happen. The vet should have called Animal Control and let them step in to help.

Debs,

It's not what any of us wanted. Laurie and I spoke with at 3 different staff members at the clinic, including the vet himself, and I can tell you they are as saddened as we are at this ending. Garfield was eating and drinking on his own when he was released so they did get him that far, which would not have happened if they hadn't kept him as long as they did, feeding him by hand and on pain meds. This is a large low-cost practice, serving the poorer members of their community and without going into a very long story, they felt they had no choice. It's easy for us to arm-chair quarterback the situation but they did consider all their options. We can only hope that, as Kyle said, his toad of an owner has learned that cats are more fragile than people.

I also want to point out that this same clinic sends us many clients, and was one who performed surgery on one of our own PIN's as late as yesterday. They probably read this board as well. I'd like to give them credit for doing as much as they did for Garfield and for doing as much as they can for all the pets that come to them. Many people judge IMOM for not doing enough to help pets (we receive emails and calls on a regular basis from owners and vets alike, telling us how unhelpful we are). But we do the best we can. I believe this clinic did, too.

Cindy/IMOM

I also want to point out that this same clinic sends us many clients, and was one who performed surgery on one of our own PIN's as late as yesterday. They probably read this board as well. I'd like to give them credit for doing as much as they did for Garfield and for doing as much as they can for all the pets that come to them. Many people judge IMOM for not doing enough to help pets (we receive emails and calls on a regular basis from owners and vets alike, telling us how unhelpful we are). But we do the best we can. I believe this clinic did, too.

Cindy/IMOM

I am so grateful for this clinic and the vets and staff there who seem to have gone out of their way for dear sweet Garfield and I'm sure many others. I'm sure it broke their hearts (as it does ours) to have to give that baby back to that monster.

I'm sure this guy has read the posts here... I just pray he has learned his lesson.

Cindy, I find it so hard to believe that ANYONE could even "think" that IMOM isn't doing enough to help pets... my gosh... you go out of your way to help and have saved so many of our pets. IMOM is such an amazing organization... I'm wondering if the people who are complaining the most aren't the ones doing the least and trying to sluff their responsibilities on to IMOM. Ok.. I'm done.

My prayers are with Garfield, that he will now find peace at home... and for his owner, that he will realize that Garfield only wants to love him and be loved.

Cindy, Kyle and all the IMOMs who worked on this one - thank you for trying all you could to get Garfield surrendered. AND thank you soo much to the clinic for helping Garfield as much as you could.

Having been in the situation of being a tech and knowing there is abuse ... sometimes it's so hard to "prove" even if you call animal control. Sometimes, they won't get involved. Sometimes, you know if you call animal control it = immediate euthanasia of the animal (which was often our delema - we had such a high kill shelter) I have trust that this hospital did what they felt they could in Garfields best interest. I just pray that Garfields owner has learned a hard lesson and will not hurt Garfield again.

What you need to know about animal control is most places is that they pts almost immediately any animal that has any kind of medical condition. We have one here that will pts if a pet has mange- which is easily treated with ivormectin.

In my county, there is a huge scandal about the treatment of animals at the shelter. That is one of the reasons that I maintain the cats outside, instead of bringing them to the county facilty where they surely would be gone within a day.

We can only hope that Garfield will escape and find a new home- Cats are very smart and will find their way to someone who will love them and care for them (Diana's dogs are smart too- they find her when they need to be rescued).

I am sending lots of good thoughts to Garfield and hope the rest of his life will be happy and long.

Kathy

Debs,

It's not what any of us wanted. Laurie and I spoke with at 3 different staff members at the clinic, including the vet himself, and I can tell you they are as saddened as we are at this ending. Garfield was eating and drinking on his own when he was released so they did get him that far, which would not have happened if they hadn't kept him as long as they did, feeding him by hand and on pain meds. This is a large low-cost practice, serving the poorer members of their community and without going into a very long story, they felt they had no choice. It's easy for us to arm-chair quarterback the situation but they did consider all their options. We can only hope that, as Kyle said, his toad of an owner has learned that cats are more fragile than people.

Cindy/IMOM

I'm sorry Cindy I didn't mean to sound ungrateful to the clinic, or to anyone at IMOM. I'm sure they did do the best they could. I just wish it could have been more. Good time for "Oops he got out of his cage and we can't find him" ;)

I can imagine you do get calls from people and places that say you don't do enough. You have to have rules and when they aren't followed and you allow it then its pure ciaos. Then you get the lazy gits that don't want to help to save their pet, just get money from other people. I imagine it must be very hard to read those emails and take those calls. :sad:

I am so grateful for this clinic and the vets and staff there who seem to have gone out of their way for dear sweet Garfield and I'm sure many others. I'm sure it broke their hearts (as it does ours) to have to give that baby back to that monster.

I'm sure this guy has read the posts here... I just pray he has learned his lesson.

Cindy, I find it so hard to believe that ANYONE could even "think" that IMOM isn't doing enough to help pets... my gosh... you go out of your way to help and have saved so many of our pets. IMOM is such an amazing organization... I'm wondering if the people who are complaining the most aren't the ones doing the least and trying to sluff their responsibilities on to IMOM. Ok.. I'm done.

My prayers are with Garfield, that he will now find peace at home... and for his owner, that he will realize that Garfield only wants to love him and be loved.

January 23rd, 2008

Dear friends:

I can't believe Garfield was given back to that cruel and inhuman

been!!!

I felt so sorry for Garfield, and hope and pray, like someone says,

He escapes!!!...... GO, GO, GO, GARFIELD!

and mauy be some good people embrace him and offer a new

home, with love, affection and care!!

Can you explain to me, how I can post to the forum community,

all the time I replay for Winster, I have to go to PIN cases closed..

and I want the rest of the members see we are almost on daily

basis checking on differents cases, because I think the don't go

to Winster, because his case has been moved.

Can you tell me if when I answer to someone, that goes to

Cases Moved and to the forum too?

I really appreciate your help and clarification.

If not, tell me how I can do it!

Thank you very much,

Winster and Manuel Cordovi