Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tracy IMOM

Reece Teague, diabetic Yorkie - fully sponsored!

2,241 posts in this topic

Hi Jason and Tammy,

I'm glad you had a safe trip and that Reece did very well. I've traveled with 2 diabetic kitties and their blood sugars usually ran a little high then, too. I figured stress from the trip was the likely culprit.

Happy Birthday Jason!!! :birthday4::1icecream: I hope it is a great one.

Tracy :heart::stripekitty:

:bdayrose:

Happy Birthday Jason .... hope it was a good one!

Glad little Reece had an uneventful trip! I tried that food with Zoom too when she had pancreatitis .... wouldn't eat any of the prescription food..... it finally got to the point the vet said "Anything she will eat and keep down" .... am so glad Reece seems to

be coming along and no tummy issues. It must have been nice just to get away for a bit too!

Well, hope everything else is ok .... sounds like you're getting used to things ....hope it's calmer. Lots poodle kisses and Zoom

hugs to all of you.

:hugs:

Susan & Zoom

Happy Valentine's DAY!!!!!

Oh how sweet, Jason will be so thrilled of the birthday wishes! Thank you all for remembering his b-day!! You guys are wonderful!

Hi Jason, Tammy, & Reece,

I'm glad your trip was uneventful. Hope you got to spend some quality time with the family. It must be hard living a ways away. My Mom lives like 10 minutes from me and I know I take that for granted. Glad baby Reece is doing so good. Thanks for stopping by Mr. Wiggle's thread, it's always nice to have visitors. Mr. Wiggles results were too high so they uped his Vetsulin. Glad you're back. We miss when we don't hear from you. Hope you all have a Happy Valentine's Day. Give the baby a kiss for me.

Hugs & Kisses,

Lora & Mr. Wiggles :pp_animal_564:

Hi Lora thank you for the welcome back!

We made some new discoveries on Reece's health. Number one, a heart murmur. They said it can be treated but we are looking at some tests :(

Then, they are wanting to rule out Cushings. The ultrasound showed his pancreas still very inflammed. We started on some pancreatic supplements now, saying a prayer it helps!

All of this works together hand in hand, his diabetes is so much more stable since he has been on this strict diet. He insulin has been reduced by half. So we are making progress that is exciting! We have him too down to his ideal weight. That is also a plus. I'll post more when we know more. I have emailed Tracy and asked her what we can do if the Cushings is confirmed. Praying that isn't the case.

HUGS, Jason, Tammy & Reecey

I posted a reply on Mr. Wiggle's thread to you. I hope all goes well and nothing too serious is found. You are all in my prayers. Please give some kisses to baby Reece for me. I would love to see some more pictures.

Wiggles kisses to you all!

Thank you Lora! Your so sweet, your just a gem!

Here are some pics of Reece, and I will keep a eye out for updates on him ok? HUGS Tammy

reece08.jpg

Reeceypiecey.jpg

Thank you to our sponsors for allowing us to get test strips for Reece!! They came in the mail today, and I wanted to send a big thank you, we couldn't do it without you!

Jason & Tammy

:spot

Hi all -- how are you and little Reece doing? Have you found out about Cushings yet? Zoom has it too. How is Reece's tummy doing ?... hope he's having an easier time eating. Gosh, he is the cutest dog .... have a calendar of yorkies and they are just an adorable breed!

Well hope things are working out for you and Reece ..... sending lots of positive thoughts and poodle kisses your way!

Susan & Zoom

Hi Jason, Tammy, & Baby Reece,

I was hoping for news on Reece's Cushing's test. For Mr. Wiggles they sent it out but we had the results the very next day. I'm curious how they discovered Reece's heart murmer. Did it just come up out of the blues or was he having problems? I hope Reece is feeling well and his tummy problems are getting better. It is really hard watching them when they get real sick. It's like they are your children. Keep us posted on Reece's progress. Oh, my computer is still down so I am at the library using theirs. Unfortunately, I can't access your pictures here. I'm sure they are really cute and hope to be able to see them soon. Take care and God bless!

Wiggles kisses to you all!

Susan and Lora, I responded to you both on your threads but also wanted to note here and thank you for kindness and prayers!

We had to cancel his test for Cushings. To be honest we just couldn't afford the test at this time. Perhaps soon, we will wait and see.

Reece's sugar levels have been better than ever and we are going on one month without a pancreatic attack, so we are sure thankful to the good Lord for that!

Ill keep checking in with you guys to see how you are! Thanks again for asking about our baby boy, he sends yorkie kisses (and a bunch of them! hehe!) HUGS Tammy & Reece

Just wanted to let you know I am thinking about you and praying that everything is going well. The Cushing's test is really expensive and I do understand not having the funds to pay for this. Please don't feel bad about it, you are wonderful to Baby Reece and he is very fortunate to have you by his side. My computer's still out but I'm using my brother's office computer so I finally got to see the pics of Baby Reece. He is just adorable. I'm curious though, how many outfits does this little guy have? He is always decked out and looking fine. Give him lots of hugs and kisses for me.

Love,

hahaha! thank you! yes he looks better than either of us!! Jason wears holey jeans and shirts **laughing**

we belong to some doggie groups, and their santa pal got them some new clothes, i take photos of them all the time, i bet they think i am the paparazzi hehe!

we have gone one month without a pancreatic attack Praise the Lord! we are hoping this routine is the key, keep us in your prayers!

his sugar has been stable, he gets half of what he used to insulin wise. so this is great, and i check 2 xs daily and keep a log.

how is Mr. Wiggles' running, are you able to test at home a bit easier?

ill keep check on you guys hugs tammy

Hi Tammy & Reece,

My daughter, Lisa, has been looking for a Yorkie. How did you find yours? They are so expensive at a pet store or at a breeders! Is diabetes or pancreatitis common among Yorkies? Baby Reece is so young to have so many problems. Well give that baby lots of hugs and kisses for me! He is so cute! Mr. Wiggles sends his kisses to you all!

Love & Prayers,

Hello Lora and Mr Wiggles!!!!

About Reece we were able to get him from a lady we knew, and yes they are normally expensive doggies. I would tell her to steer clear of the pet shops, a lot of times backyard breeders or poorly breed babies are sold here and you dont want her to get into a heartbreak of a situation because of genetics.

to answer your question, yes yorkies are predisposed to pancreatitis. not necesarily diabetes. Reece became diabetic after he had a severe pancreatic attack and it damaged so much of his pancreas (where insulin is produced) that he became a diabetic as a result. The vet said it was possible for his pancreas to heal, we have been 1 month and 2 weeks (the longest time since his illness) of health! PTL!

his sugar has been the best its been since he got sick! We are so thankful too. hope your daughter can find her a sweet baby, they are good little dogs. if i can help answer any more questions about temperment, etc. let me know. i would be glad to!

HUGS to you and Mr Wiggles too!

Tammy

Hi all ....just checking in. Glad Reece is doing so well . I certainly understand about the cost of the Cushings test ...sounds like he's doing just fine though and may not be necessary. Hope so! Ever since Zoom was diagnosed with Cushings she's been doing the best she's been since the diabetes started. Freaky.... am almost afraid to say it that something may happen. I don't have her on medication for it but would like to get another opinion on her diagnosis for Cushings. Am just grateful, she's eating, not throwing up, and everything else seems to going ok. So I hope this turns out the same for you & Reece and you are all happy and healthy. Lotsa poodle kisses & Zoom hugs to you all!

Susan & Zoom

Hi Tammy,

Thanks for the info on Yorkies. I will tell her to stay away from the pet stores. I know there are ads in the paper for them but they are so expensive and again, you don't know the genetics. Hopefully some day Lisa will be able to get one. She has wanted a Yorkie for quite some time. We went to the pet store and held and played with one. I'm sure it would make her a good dog. How are they with small children (her baby is 2 months old)? I hope baby Reece is still doing well. I just love looking at the pictures of him, he is so cute! Give him a kiss for me. Take care.

Susan your just so sweet!

I do hope this is a good turn of luck, or rather knowing that there is power in prayer and we certainly have appreciated yours! Please keep me posted on Zoom, I will keep a check on your thread too! HUGS!

Lora ((hugs)) how is Mr. Wiggles doing? I will have to go and check your thread!

About yorkies, yes they are real love bugs! Of course yorkies are smaller dogs, and a lot of the time they dont recommend small children with them, but I always believe you can train children how to handle animals just be aware of a new baby and furkid, would be a big responsibilty but of course a blessed one!

I am so excited about her search I hope I can follow it through you! The prices on them at least here are dropping because of their popularity, but then again you dont want to get a BYB baby. How about rescues? Petfinder in your area for yorkies. It always breaks my heart, I found 2 shih tzus on there in my area, we just couldnt afford another baby, but if we could have we would have!

Tammy

his sugar has been the best its been since he got sick! We are so thankful too.

YAY!!! :banana: Jason and Tammy, I am so glad to hear that. I hope that Reece's health stays stable for a very long time.

Tracy :heart::stripekitty:

Tammy,

I know for a fact that Chihuahuas are not suppose to be good with small children; however, they forgot to notify Mr. Wiggles of that! He just dearly loves children. What do you know about pet finders? Is there a website or something? Glad baby Reece is doing so well. I would love to see more pictures of him. He is just adorable! Give him some kisses for me.

Lora & Mr. Wiggles

Thank you Tracy, Reece is sending you loads of yorkie slurps and kisses hehe! Everytime I test his sugar, I think of IMOM angels and how they make his care possible. I thank you so much for helping us keep him healthy!

Lora it is basically a search you can do for shelter babies. It might be worth a look-see! Your just so kind, I will share some snow pics we took just this last week. Some "action" photos as Jason was about to nail me with a snowball in one, but I got him first, the doggies loved playing in it, can you spot the shih tzu in the first one, she blends!

HUGS Tammy

snow2008precious.jpg

snow2008reece.jpg

Trying to catch up with everyone today, so just had to stop by and check in on Reece. The pictures made Jack very jealous. Everyone has snow but us. He says he is moving. :rolleyes:

What is the amount that Reece still needs? Is it still $50? I know there are some angels out there who are coming to help Reece. Such a little love and Dad loves him so,

Love and big Husky hugs,

Debbie and Jack :dogsled:

Just checking in on you guys. I'm glad you got the snow and not us. If we get any, the schools and a lot of work places shut down, even some churches don't hold services. Crazy huh? Hope Baby Reece is doing good.

Love & Prayers,