Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tracy IMOM

Reece Teague, diabetic Yorkie - fully sponsored!

2,218 posts in this topic

Lora and Tracy, thank you for checking in on our boy. He is home for tonight YA!!!!!!

We take him back in the morning just to see how he is fairing. He still isnt eating, but the doc said not to force him he will when his tummy is ready.

Ill keep you all posted after tommorrow in the meantime we are going to fight over who gets to hold him hehe! I am winning!

Tammy

Our little recovering angel...

he still has his catheter in, but we go back tommorrow to see if he needs more fluids and for more antibiotics! Appreciate your continued prayers for our baby!

Jason

sickbaby08.jpg

pupslifebabypamering.jpg

Hello Jason, Tammy, & Reece,

Welcome home baby Reece! We have been really worried about you. I know it feels great to have baby Reece back home with you. I'm sure you both were fighting about who gets to hold the baby. No worry, I can tell baby Reece has a lot of love to go around. The pictures you posted last were adorable! You have him looking really cute. I hope all is going well for you all. Give baby Reece a ton of pets and kisses from me. Mr. Wiggles said to send you kisses from him too. Take care and enjoy your time with the baby. Keep us posted.

Wiggles kisses to all!

Lora & Mr. Wiggles

Jason and Tammy, I sure hope Reece is doing better today. I'm trying not to be worried that we haven't heard from you today... hopefully all is well with the cute one. All fingers and paws in my household are crossed for good news.

:sad:

Aw gee....Tammy & Jason .....just checking on you all and see Reece has been so sick. I hope your little guy continues to do better. Please know am sending some great big power prayers for you all and putting you on my prayer chain too for little Reece

(they're used to me ....they've all prayed for Zoom before!) so hope he's home soon and you'll be hearing his little pitter patter behind you once again Tammy!

Sending lots of Zoom kisses ...

:hugs:

Susan & Zoom

Hello friends,

so really great news over the weekend. Reece has gotten his appetite back and is a much more rigid feeding schedule. We havent been able to give his normal insulin in a while because he hasnt eaten well enough. today was a good day and he did pretty good. I am hoping we can get back into routine in the a.m. he is feeling like his old self, so we are happy about this!

thank you all for your prayers and your sweet support during this time too!

love and hugs, tammy

Jason, Tammy, & Reece,

I'm so glad baby Reece is feeling better. I have been really worried about him. I hope you made up for the time he was in the hospital with extra hugs and kisses. Give baby Reece some kisses for me and Mr. Wiggles too.

Angels,

Baby Reece is a sweet little pup and needs your help. He is still in need of $50 per month to help cover his diabetes testing, vet visits, and supplies. Take a look at his cute little face and read about the problems he's been having at such a young age. I know any amount you can sponsor him for will be greatly appreciated. If you can't sponsor monthly, IMOM also takes one time donations. Remember no amount is too small. God will richly bless you in return. Thank you.

Wiggles kisses to all!

Lora & Mr. Wiggles :pp_animal_564:

Lora so sweet of you! Thanks dear friend!

We have had a really good day, good readings and he has felt really good. It is one day at a time with these furbabies isnt it! I will post again tomorrow and check and see how you all are too! HUGS and nighty night!

Tammy

I am soooooo sorry I haven't been around for a few days... but I'm so very happy that sweet little Reece is back home and starting to feel better. Please know that even though I haven't posted.. you and Reece are still always in my prayers.

Give that sweet baby some belly rubs from me and nose kisses from Mike.

Thank you so much. Your prayers mean the world to us, they truly make the difference! His sugar has been pretty stable, I think it is me who is paranoid of his pancreas becoming inflammed again. It is what causes him so much illness. He is on a very very strict meal regime, we are hoping this will make the difference in future attacks. Please do continue to pray for us, we will be visiting Jasons parents and my biggest fear is we will be off away from home and he will have a relapse. I know the Lord can rid my mind of worry and give me a peace, keeping Reece in His care. Thank you again, you all hold a very special place in my heart.

Tammy

Hi Jason, Tammy, and Reece,

I'm so glad that Reece's blood sugar has been pretty stable lately. I'll keep him in my thoughts while you are away from home, in hopes that all will be well and no relapse will happen. I hope the strict meal regimen helps keep any relapses away.

Tracy :heart::stripekitty:

Thank you Tracy, we are having a good day today. He ate well this morning, and his highest sugar has been 165 so that is pretty good! We will be taking him with us of course. I would never leave him or his sissy--they go with us wherever we go, and his hospital stay was his first night away from home. I guess that is why it is so hard! Plus you lay worrying wondering if they wonder where you are or if you have left them :(

Tracy your such a special person, all the volunteers here are! We sure did appreciate our syringes it is such a blessing! HUGS Tammy

Hi Tammy,

I'm glad Reece is having a good day and that his blood sugar readings have been good. I take my kitty Cody with me on many of my trips away from home, for a lot of the same reasons.

I hope Reece's blood sugar stays good!

Tracy I knew you would understand! I am going to take his insulin in a cooler, and take some nutrical also. Of course the meter and supplies. Do you have any tips for traveling with a diabetic baby? Tammy

Jason, Tammy, & Reece,

I hope you have a really nice vacation and everything goes very smooth for you all. It sounds like baby Reece is use to car rides so he shouldn't be stressed from that. Definately take the cooler for the insulin. He will probably enjoy some exercise if you can stop every so often to let him walk around. It sounds like what you would say to a pregnant mom huh? Keep us up to date and give baby Reece some kisses from me and Mr. Wiggles.

Wiggles kisses to you all!

Do you have any tips for traveling with a diabetic baby? Tammy

My tips are basically the same ones you've already thought of :) Keeping the insulin in a cooler, and taking the testing supplies and everything else including special diet and other meds he may be on. I usually tested their blood sugar a little more often when away from home, in case the trip affected their BG's one way or another.

I wish you all a fun and safe trip!

Thank you! I have started a list of things so I hope I don't forget anything!

We haven't see his family since the first of November, last year. His grandmother is in a nursing facility there. We will stay with Jason's mom and dad of course. It is a long trip, and I always dread the drive. The live on one side of the state and we live on the other. My parents are paying our gas as a birthday gift to Jason, he is so looking forward to seeing his family! We will leave this Tuesday, and be gone 2 nights.

Reece's sugar readings are really different than before his last pancreatic attack. We haven't gotten back into the 8 a.m. insulin routine. His morning readings have been in the 50's! I make sure he eats, and then I check it at noon, and it is in the mid 100's. Then by 6 p.m. it is 230 or so. I will probably have to call the vet and see what changes we need to make. I am not about to give him the insulin at 8 a.m. with it that low, but in the evenings it is high enough to give and then he eats of course.

He has lost so much weight from his stay in the hospital and now, because he has been on this strict eating schedule, has continued to. SD w/d and thats it, he gets 1 cup a day--bless his bones, but we have to do what the vet recommended to try and keep his pancreas from acting up!!

I appreciate the travel information too, Ill be checking in again before we leave though!

HUGS Tammy

Hi Jason, Tammy, & Reece,

I was wondering, with baby Reece's pancreatitis problems, have you tried using the Science Diet I/D? It's suppose to be easier on their stomach. We use it for Mr. Wiggles when he has problems. Have fun on your trip. I'm glad Jason is getting to see his family.

;)

Jason & Tammy -

Am so glad Reece's tummy has calmed down ..... I know how upsetting that can be ...Zoom had to have a tube put in her stomach and I was feeding her like that for months because she couldn't keep anything down. And when they don't have food in them ....makes giving insulin really a challenge!

Have you all on my pray chain ....little cutie pie Reece seems to be rallying ....am so

glad he's feeling better. Hope your trip goes well .... haven't traveled anywhere with Zoom (although hope to one of these days!), but used the cooler for an extended day trip with her so I had the option of not having to rush home in the evening for her insulin. She's usually with me most of the time when I can take her .... so that's a nice option to have.

Anyway, hope things continues to go well for you all .... Zoom sends great big poodle kisses & nuzzles..

Susan & Zoom

What sweet and special friends!!!

Lora, about the ID--from what I read about it has a lot of starchy and potato base, that would not be good for his sugar levels. It is tricky, pancreatitis is a low fat and low protien, the diabetes needs to be low sugars of course, so man it doesnt leave much does it?! I went to Hills.com, the hyperlydemia that is listed there as a possible cause of pancreatitis, the W/D is good for, and it is great for the diabetes since it is high fiber and so low in fat, which is great for the pancreas. I was concerned we would have to look at something else, but am feeling ok with it since he has started eating good again. Our little tzu is also on the w/d for bladder stone prevention. There is another food by SD that is also for stones, but again, its tricky, if you prevent one type stone you could put them at risk for the other! Have any of you had dealings with the stones, they say diabetic dogs are prone to them also. Kind of scarry.

What about cataracts, I am reading a lot about the high risk of them?

Susan we sure appreciate your continued prayers, we find strength in the power of prayer!

We are going to be leaving in a few days, if I dont post for a day or 2 know that we will be back and I will catch you up.

We have a test scheduled for Reece on Thursday of this coming week. They will ultrasound and scan for pancreatic tumors. Be praying that all goes well there.

HUGS, Tammy

Jason, Tammy, & Reece,

I'm glad Reece is doing better and eating. It is so hard to know when and how much insulin to give when they are eating well. I know last time Mr. Wiggles got really sick, I hadn't given him his insulin because he was vomiting and not eating at all. With that going on I thought his glucose was too low and gave him some honey. Later I found out it was way too high. I didn't understand because he hadn't eaten. It is very tricky. I'm so glad Jason gets to go see his family. I hope you all have a wonderful time and Reece does really well for you. Good luck on baby Reece's doctor visit, hopefully it will show no tumors. Let us know how everything goes.

Lora when was he sick, did I miss this? :( poor little guy. I am so proud of him and his weight loss, what food do you feed? Has he had any other health problems related to the diabetes?

HUGS Tammy

Hi Jason, Tammy, & Reece,

So glad things are going better for you. Mr. Wiggles was really sick around December. I have read a lot of people say that they didn't give their pet their insulin or gave a lower dose because they weren't eating normally. I thought the same thing so didn't give his insulin to him. With a lot of vomiting and not eating you wouldn't thing you need to worry about high blood sugar, but that wasn't the case for Mr. Wiggles. It shot up to 600. That's the reason for his curve Tuesday, they had to change his dose. As far as food, Mr. Wiggles was use to table food so I have had a hard time with that. I had a coupon to try Nature's Variety frozen medallions for free and he loved it. I tried many other types to no avail. So despite the fact that it is more expensive, that's what I get for him. This last week I tried cutting his amount down and giving some dry but he usually won't eat it. I got that glucose meter you told me about this weekend. It takes the same size sample as the one I had. I haven't really had chance to work with it on him; but hopefully this week I will. Give baby Reece some loving for me. Take care!

Wiggles kisses all around!

Hi Lora, we went and posted on Mr. Wiggles thread, and we were wondering how his curve came out? Let us know when you can ok?

We had an uneventful trip thankfully, Reece did great. His sugar ran a little higher I noticed, but I feel it was probably from the stress of the trip. It is good to be home I must admit!

Are you having an easier time getting the blood sample? How is that going?

HUGS Tammy