Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tracy IMOM

Reece Teague, diabetic Yorkie - fully sponsored!

2,179 posts in this topic

Hi Jason, Tammy & Reece,

Thank you so much for the web address for the free meter. It is very similar to the one I already have but I sent for it this morning. Also, the strips I have fit the new machine as well. I hope you are doing well. Keep me posted on Reece's progress. He is adorable! Mr. Wiggles sends kisses your way to Reece.

Lora & Mr. Wiggles

Thank you Mikes Mom! Yes he has such life and spunk, he is just a show stopper, and captures everyones heart. I think that is why it is so hard for me to see him feel so bad. He is so young, and all his health problems. We cannot bare to let him suffer :sad:

My shih tzu, she is a year older than him, but they are quite the pair. He counts on her and truly she is his big "sis". He will stand behind her like ya you gotta go through her first! It tickles us.

The babies are our life, we have no children--I hope that we can keep Reece in his needed supplies and be able to see the vet when it is time. I sure do appreciate IMOM helping us these first 2 months till we can find a sponsor. They are just so wonderful, words cannot express it!

Lora you are welcome for the information on that meter, hope it helps that and the tip on the warm compress. Have you tried it yet??

Reece sends a return of yorkie kisses (I am bias but they are pretty sweet he is a generous kisser hehe!)

:brownpup:

:hugs:

Jason, Tammy & Reece

Hello friends, just a quick update on Reece.

We will go to turn in his glucose readings tommorrow. Our concern is it has been running quite high by 8 p.m., tonight it was 412. I will try to let you know how things go. The vet told me just to run the readings by and he would look them over. Will be able to ask him if we need to make adjustments.

Jason, Tammy & Reece

Jason, Tammy & Reece,

It sounds like baby Reece's levels are still quite high and an increased dose could help her. Do keep the Cushing's possibility in mind especially if they have a hard time regulating her. She is so young to be having such problems. The big question I have is how is she acting? I hope you can get your baby on a dose that's right real soon. Mr. Wiggles and I send lots of kisses Reece's way. Hope she's feeling well.

Wiggles Kisses,

Lora & Mr. Wiggles :pp_animal_564:

Good morning Lora and Mr. Wiggles!

We had read the good news and posted we are so happy to hear your levels are more stable!

Lora,

I am going to inquire about the Cushings test today when we go by there. Yes he is so young to have all this happening to him, it just breaks our heart :broken_heart:

His strength encourages me though. He is such a trooper, and when he looks at me, I am reminded if he can be so strong, then we have to be too!!!

I have be advised by others who have diabetic pets--that Reece needs to be on a 2x's daily, breaking it up so it isnt bottoming out mid day (it gets in the 30's) and then high before bedtime. Halfing it, 8 a.m. and then again at 8 p.m.

His levels were 132 this morning, what could be better!!!

Anyways I will certainly post this evening. Thanks again for your support to us, it means the world to have such friends in your corner. We are so happy, also, that Mr. Wiggles got a sponsor!

HUGS,

Tammy & Reece

:spot

Hi Jason, Tammy & ..especially Reece! Gosh, I still can't get over those pictures of him. He is too cute!!!

Hey, that's a good tip on getting blood sample...am going to try it next time with Zoom. I hope they have gotten Reece's insulin straightened out..... I know with Zoom I have to give it to her 2x a day. She does not love those needles!

Give Reece lotsa hugs & kisses from Zoom & I (am on Social Security too ... know how difficult the smallest things can be!) ....hang in there....all of you, and sending you the best thoughts ..

Susan & Zoom

Thank you Susan! Well I got to visit with my vet today about this, and we are going to continue to monitor him, but try the 3u 2x's a day. I will know more tommorrow with the readings and will phone them into him.

I hope the tip will help you get better results with the testing. It really has worked for us and it makes it so much better on him as I am not having to pump it out of his poor lil ear :(

Keep me posted on Zoom, Ill be peeking in to see how yall are doing!

HUGS right back!

Tammy & Reece

Checking in on Reecey and his family. I hope things went well at the vet today. Please give Reece a smooch from me, right on top of his adorable little head!

Laurie, he is sending them back three fold hehe! He is a generous lil lover I tell ya!!!!!!

Really good news on the divided insulin dosages. He has done well so far! This morning was 105, and then at noon it was 72. Last night before I gave him the 2 units, it was 270. Overall I think this is so far so good. I will keep everyone posted and appreciate the love and caring!!

Tammy & Reece

Hi Jason, Tammy, & Reece,

How is my baby boy doing? It sounds like his levels are becoming more stablized. Twice a day is definately the way to go. I was surprised he was only getting one a day. I had asked our vet if there was a way to get by with once a day or pills and she said no. Anyway I just wanted to say that you guys are doing a great job posting! It took a month or so to get a sponsor for Mr. Wiggles but now he has 3, all with about 2 weeks. The funds will come so don't get discouraged. IMOM and its sponsors and supporters are outstanding and very compasionate angels who always come through. I can't say enough about them. Keep up the great work. You will be in our thoughts and prayers. Give baby Reece lots of kisses for me.

Wiggles kisses to all,

Hi Lora, I saw that you got more sponsors, I am so happy for you guys! That is just wonderful! Thank you also for your encouragement!

We are having a bad bad day today. Poor baby, he is so sick, it is the pancreatitis no doubt. He has thrown up and has been running a temp. All I can do is hold him and comfort him and give him the pedialyte to keep him from dehydrating. With the pancreatitis you are supposed to withold the food to let it heal itself.

I will keep everyone posted, it breaks my heart to seem him suffering so its just heart wrenching :broken_heart:

HUGS and thank you SO MUCH for caring it means the world to us!

Tammy & Reece

Good Sunday morning my friends. My heart is so heavy this morning, our poor little boy he is so sick. I have placed a call through our ER services to contact our vet, we are waiting to hear back. We had a long and rough night. He has been unable to keep any liquids down. He has been running a fever and just slumped over in pain. I will post again when we hear back and know something. I feel so helpless :broken_heart: Tammy & Reece

Jason and Tammy,

I am so sorry that Reece is so ill :sad: . I hope your vet can do something to ease his pain. I will be anxiously awaiting an update.

Leslie :whitekitty:

Aw...poor Reece! He is such a cutie and so young to be dealing with all of this!

We will be thinking of him and keeping him in our thoughts. I hope he pulls through this quickly and feels better soon.

Hugs :heart:

Gabs

Thank you Leslie and Gabs,

I emailed Tracy and gave her an update but also wanted to do that here too. Thank you all for your support. Means a lot.

He is still very ill. The vet phones us back and instructed us to give 3cc of pepto bismol and continue to try to give the pedialyte and fluids. If we are not sucessful we will have to take him in tonight, he said he could meet us at the clinic. PTL for a good vet! He instructed us to have him there first thing in the morning if we can keep liquids in his this evening.

Also he instructed us to pull the skin up to see if he is dehydrated. Apparently if it doesnt snap back it is a sign. It did, however, so that is a plus. His sugar was 240. We didnt give insulin because he is unable to eat.

I will post again when I can.

pray for our baby, love and hugs, tammy

I just wanted to update you all on Reece. We made it through the night, Jason and I alternating being up with him. Made it to the vets office this morning. However, he will be hospitalized until he improves. He was in critical condition, we have visited him twice today, and I took him his bed and a blankie-hoping it will help him feel closer to us. We will be discussing with the vet our routines to make sure it is nothing we can do different. He feels certain we will see a huge improvement within a few days, and is thinking he can come home by Friday. We are not rushing it though, we want him completely better. They have him on iv support, antibiotics, nutrients and also something to help settle his tum. He threw up once while we were there, not much so we hope that is going to improve as well. The vet said when we called tonight that he was showing some improvements in his blood work. We are very encouraged by that!! He is such a fighter, I just know he feels our love and dedication for him! It is so lonely here without him, the little piter pater of his feet following me wherever I go. But in my heart I know he is getting the help he needed. We are going to call at 9:30 cst to check in with him and I will update you all then again. Please continue to pray for us.

HUGS Tammy & Reece

Poor little Reecey! It seems the last few days have been rough ones for the young diabetics, both two-legged and four-legged. I often wonder if that old full moon that just passed over doesn't have something to do with it, sometimes.

Glad to hear the bloodwork showed improvement. We'll be praying for him and for you!

Paula(2)

imomthankyou.jpg

:heart:Truly with all our heart, we are blessed by your act of love and kindness, thank you so much. God bless you! :heart:

Jason, Tammy & Reece

Poor baby. I'm so sorry that sweet Reece is so sick. Mike and I are sending some big prayers up for him. Hang in there mom and dad... he'll be home with you soon.

AWWW! Thank you Paula and Mike & Mom, so sweet of you! Your prayers mean the world to us!

:thanks3:

Tammy

Jason & Tammy,

I've been away from my computer a couple of days but I just read about baby Reece. I am so sorry he is feeling bad. I know from Mr. Wiggles being in the hospital that it's rough when they are not home with you. When Mr. Wiggles has to go, we have to take him to his regular vet in the morning then to the emergency clinic at 6:00 because no one is on duty in the evenings at his normal vet. That seems to be the way all the vets are around here. I'm sure with some IV fluids, some medicine for his tummy, and a couple days and baby Reece will be feeling much better. Give him a bunch of kisses for me, he is so adorable! I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery. :hugs: Also it is really great news you have your first sponsor!

Wiggles kisses to you both,

Hi Lora!!! Your so sweet, thank you so much!

The vet called us this morning and his blood work is showing some improvement. We were encouraged by that but we will be driving to see him at 3 this afternoon. I want to see how he is and I miss him so much! Thank you knowing you understand makes it easier to share!

BIG HUGS,

Tammy

Hi Jason, Tammy, & Reece,

I'm glad to hear baby Reece's bloodwork looks better. I know you must miss him terribly. Rest assured he is in good hands and you are doing the very best for him. Give him lots of kisses for me and Mr. Wiggles.

Thank you so much to the angel who donated to baby Reece. I know his Mommy and Daddy are relieved to see funds coming in to help their baby boy. I am always amazed to see people who have never personally seen a pet in need willing to help out in time of need. God bless you! :hugs:

Wiggles kisses to all!

Hi Jason and Tammy,

Oh, I'm so glad to hear that Reece's bloodwork is looking better. I hope he is soon able to go home to you. I miss my kitty Cody so much when he has to stay at the hospital. I know it must be hard to not have Reece at home.

Sending lots of good thoughts for Reece.

Tracy :heart::stripekitty:

thanks.jpg

Words aren't enough for our gratitude, it means so much that kind people like you have such love in your heart to give our baby continued health! Thank you so much!

:heart: HUGS Jason, Tammy & Reece :heart: