Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Guest Linda IMOM

Sydney - Part 2

1,066 posts in this topic

Hi Michelle,

Is Syd already on metochlopramide (reglan) or any anti-nausea drug? It is great she is eating all the food, and maybe that's all that matters in the long run, but I would be a little concerned too, esp coupled with her being so clingy.

Did u call the vet and tell him abt both those things??

Is it constant now or only for a few days after her Leukeran?

Is she drinking/peeing, pooing OK? No constipation/dire rears?

Have u taken her temp? Gums tacky? pink?Is she on Pepcid? Tuck had to switch to Prilosec becuz Pepcid stopped being effective.

OK, Syd, sweetie, please let ur mommy go to the bathroom alone...maybe u didn't know, but u are a little big for that bathroom.

Michelle, I hope Syd starts acting more dorky--normal dorky I mean!

Hugs and love to u both!

Hi Michelle, I'm glad Sydney is eating all her food. I think its the medication too, although I'm definitely no expert. I would call the vet about her being clingy (wow is she ever).

Hugs to you and Sydney and Charlie too. Jake says he would love to come and play in the snow with him. He loves it.

Jack lays down on my feet in the bathroom. If he stopped, I would be worried. I agree with Joanna, I bet it is the meds. Or maybe just going through a little valley. Jack will be fine and then just go a little off during his radiation. I know she will perk up in a few.

Got the flu so have to get off, just wanted you to know I was thinking of you guys.

Love,

Debbie and jack

Hugs to Miss Syd and Charlie, too

Thanks for the reassuring words Joanna. I knew I could count on you :)

Sydney is eating all her food ... but it's nibbles here and nibbles there. Definately not the way a lab SHOULD eat (or the way she always has) .... but I am glad she's at least getting it into her tummy.

And she's up my butt non-stop. Literally. She was sleeping under my chair while I was doing some eBay stuff lastnight and I got up to walk into the laundry room, change a load and go to the bathroom. She stood inbetween my legs while I changed the load and tried to fit in our teeny tiny half bathroom while I tinkled. I kicked her out because it was a little too close for comfort . THEN she pressed herself against the door and I heard little snorts from the gap under the door (so she had her nose under there ...). And of course she followed me back to the computer and planted herself on my feet. She will NOT let me go anywhere in the house without being glued to me.

So I'm not sure what that's all about ... like when Mike was staring at you ... it's making me nervous.

For GOOD NEWS ~ I think I am going to be moving. A really close friend of mine is being transfered back to this area - and will likely move closeby. If he finds a house in the same school district (for my daughter) it could work out really well. We lived together when we were younger .... and it was great ! It will probably be awhile yet ... but I'm really excited.

Michelle... I KNOW it's the meds... because the way she's acting is the way I acted when I was on chemo... of course I didn't get between anyone's legs LMFAO :roll::lol: Maybe Syd's changing her mind about being a labradork.. maybe she wants to be a pony now! :ohmy: I wouldn't worry about her being so touchy/feely now either. Mike does that a lot.. especially lately... and... he's even done the same thing with the bathroom.. he NEVER did that before... he usually just stays outside the door (no one around so I leave the door open, but he never came in)... now.. every once in awhile, he'll come in and sit right between my feet... I've gotta tell you... it's really weird having a dog sit at your feet when you pee. :excl:

Glad to hear the good news about the move... I just wish if you are moving that you'd move closer to Mike and me... that'd be GREAT!!! We really have to get together sometime. We live so close (and yet so far without a car). Sooooooooo........ is there like... hummmmm.... a "romance" brewing here???? :wub: Ok, I know... none of my business... so sue me.. I'm a nosy old lady!!! :smokin: LOL

Ok.. I gotta get going. Getting pretty tired. It's been a very long (and productive for a change) day. BIG HUGS to Syd and Char... and Nose Kisses to YOU!!! :biggrin:

P.S. I didn't know you had a daughter. How old is she?

Edited by MikesMom

Michelle: Is this move the good news you hinted at a couple of months ago, and then left us hanging?

Clinging pets must be in the air. My usual independent kitties are clinging like velcro, as well. Nothing like having an audience, and a full house at that, when you're using the bathroom, taking a shower, etc. Just remember, if the dishes start rattling- get outside! They say animals sense earthquakes weeks before they happen, and they are acting so strange it has to be something weird.

Hugs to Syd and Charlie too.

Dear Michelle,

I hope that your GB Pain subsides, or at least would show up at the right time on ultrasound. Have they considered Barium x rays, or is that too "old school?" I had GB problems in my late teens- so weird that they had diagnosed me with an eating disorder before an old GP took one look at me and sent me for the x rays then to surgery to get it out. Congrats on the possible new move. I am glad you are excited and hope that it works out for you. I am sorry that Sidney is feeling clingy and not eating the way she usually does. Sometimes Lucky would get clingy, (and I mean before she got sick) It is kind of hard when you have a big girl sticking to you like glue. It makes for some interesting hallway choreography. Sydney and Charley and you and the kids remain on my heart and in my prayers.

HUGS

Kathy, Puddin and Angel Lucky

:catwatching:

Hi Michelle,

I'm glad Syd is eating all her food eventually. I have digestive disorders and I do much better when I nibble, as opposed to eating large meals. I wonder if Syd is just switching her eating behaviour to help her tummy feel better.

And she's up my butt non-stop. Literally. She was sleeping under my chair while I was doing some eBay stuff lastnight and I got up to walk into the laundry room, change a load and go to the bathroom. She stood inbetween my legs while I changed the load and tried to fit in our teeny tiny half bathroom while I tinkled.

LOL! I'm trying to imagine a full-sized Labradork squeezing into my teeny tiny half bath :) Cody likes to come in when I go. He headbutts me and sniffs the inside of the trash can, then runs back out. LOL. I think it's some kind of secret cat game to which I don't know the object of.

I'm sorry about your gallbladder attack. I hear those are very painful.

YAY on the probable move!! :banana: That's very good news if it comes thru. Cody and I will keep all paws and fingers crossed that it works out.

:hugs:

Tracy and Cody :heart::stripekitty:

Cindy ~

Is Syd already on metochlopramide (reglan) or any anti-nausea drug?

She takes it "as needed". It's not something she is on all the time - only when she's vomitting or having obvious troubles eating. That's one thing I am hoping to address with Dr. Bill. Leukeran is reported to have -0- GI side effects so I'm not sure how he'll feel, but I don't think it agrees with her at all. We'll see !! Oh, she gets the Leukeran every other day - so it's constant. Hard to tell (not like when she gets something once a week / month / etc.) (no temp, no gum issues, etc.) but she's still clinging to me for dear life. I actually "blocked" her in with Charlie tonight. My son has the pukies and I don't want her not realizing he's in my bed and smooshing him (plus I need a bit of personal space... she's been GLUED to my every movement today) .

She's not real happy with me.... but Charlie is thrilled to be curled up with her in her bed.

Debbie ~ I hope you are feeling better. I'll come by to check on Jack & you tomm !!

Joanna ~ HA ! Try having a dog that's 20 times Mike's size try to sit with you in an "airport" bathroom (that's about how big my half bath is - my knees practically touch the wall when I sit down). Dog have no embarassment factor !! And yes we will have to get together when the weather breaks I am sure I can borrow my moms car ! Yes, I have a daughter. She's 13. I refrain from posting too much about her because I worry about privacy on IMOM since it's already has a little too much identifying info publically for my comfort.

Paula ~ Yes ... I wasn't sure but now it's looking a lot more likely! yippee. And I heard we had a small quake here in Ohio sometime last week or something. I don't really know. I avoid the news it's soooo depressing !

Kathy ~ Thanks for stopping by. I am really sorry I haven't made it over to your thread lately but I am going to try and visit everyone tomm. I hope you are feeling better. You are on my mind constantly!!

Tracy ~ That's an interesting thought. Most days she's been getting it all in but like you say nibbles here and there. Today she didn't eat breakfast until dinner time and now dinner is sitting in the bowl. If she could get out she'd probably eat it ... but I am going to put it up that way she'll be hungry in the morning and maybe I can get her back on track. LOL about Cody and the trash can. I think I'd welcome a cat in the bathroom at this point. LOL

Thank you angels for checking on us. I haven't been good about visiting threads lately as it's my "busy" listing time on eBay (good thing too, the $$$ saved from my fall/winter season is almost gone - so spring/summer is just in time) but hopefully I can catch up tomm !!

Here are a couple "decent" pictures of Sydney from today. My daughter had a friend over that had a camera phone and Sydney didn't realize it was a camera :) Ha !!!!

(NOTE: The stick pcs all over the deck behind Sydney.... the work of BAD BAD BAD CHARLIE ..... these were stuck in the snow that just melted. That dog is a stickaholic ... do they have a treatment program for stick addiction ? ? ? )

post-1586-1200725429_thumb.jpg

post-1586-1200725436_thumb.jpg

Edited by SydsMom

Oops (for some reason it tried to post the same thing twice - so I am removing this one ;)

Edited by SydsMom

Sydney looks so cute Michelle. She probably won't let you fool her again. As for sticks, Jake is the same way. There is a tree branch in his pen, been there since the last wind storm and I didn't remove it because it was so big at least 4ft long. The other day when I got home he had dragged it into his house. It was wedged from one end of his house to the other kitty corner, I have no idea how he did it, but it must have taken a while.Its a 10 x 10 shed but its partitioned off inside to maybe a 4x6 area. Here is a picture of the doorway to his house. And that isn't the snow we have right now that is last year in the spring.

post-417-1200749594_thumb.jpg

My yard is constantly littered with chewed up sticks, don't feel alone.

Sydney looks so cute Michelle. She probably won't let you fool her again. As for sticks, Jake is the same way. There is a tree branch in his pen, been there since the last wind storm and I didn't remove it because it was so big at least 4ft long. The other day when I got home he had dragged it into his house. It was wedged from one end of his house to the other kitty corner, I have no idea how he did it, but it must have taken a while.Its a 10 x 10 shed but its partitioned off inside to maybe a 4x6 area. Here is a picture of the doorway to his house. And that isn't the snow we have right now that is last year in the spring.

post-417-1200749594_thumb.jpg

My yard is constantly littered with chewed up sticks, don't feel alone.

LOL Deb ! Sydney used to do things like that. She'd drag and entire fallen tree around the back yard - especially if it had landed in the river. 50 times her size she'd still work on getting it where she wanted it ! But she doesn't chew them and spit them out all over like Charlie does. Jake must have been determined to take it in his house for a chewing fest !!! Does he stay outside ?

Oh those pictures are priceless... Syd looks like she did something wrong... guess her best poses are only when she "knows" there's a camera around.. tee hee. Those candid camera shots really get ya at your best huh Syd??? :motimonkey:

You little guy is ADORABLE!!! I WANT ONE!!! Oh.. wait a minute... no I don't... but I'll borrow one for a few hours. :lol:

BIG HUGS to you and the kids.

I know when I take the Methotrexate ( also a cancer drug) once/week, sometimes I have nausea a few days, and sometimes it contunues until almost the next dose. If it happens, I tend to kinda nibble on thingse to help with the nausea.

With Justice, he now takes the Reglan twice/day--probably for life. He takes it becuz his seizure meds or something anatomical with him just get his GI tract very slow, so food kinda hangs in his tummy too long and he gets nauseated. Maybe the Leukeran is doing the same?

Can u try giving the Reglan consistently everyday for a week twice/day- (or whatever his dosage is), and see if that helps?

I hope Syd starts feeling better.

I Love the pics!!!

Hi Michelle. The girls and I just wanted to stop by because it's been awhile since we have. Glad that Syd is eating even if it's not all at once. I hope that Dr. Bill sheds some light on the situation soon and/or Syd's appetite comes back full force.

Cute pix of Syd and your son!

XOXOXO

Michelle, Daisy and Blue

great pics ... such expressive eyes ... you can see the love and trust there ... how i just wanna hug her all better!!!! :-(

how comfortable she looks with her little blonde protector next to her while she's protecting HIM hehehee ... just great pics! hope things only get better .. i SO can't bear to think of any of our fur kids in any kind of discomfort ... they just DON'T DESERVE IT!!!

licks, nuzzles and hugs to you and yours!!

*HUGS*

Great Pics Michelle - Your little guy is such an adorable kiddle. My guy turns 17 the 31st of this month and this mom is in shock, realizing that he's grown up so fast. HUGS to all of you!

Love,

Kathy, Puddin and Angel Lucky

:catwatching:

Good morning IMOM angels !!

Sydney seems to be doing a little better over the weekend. She took an interest in Charlie's dry food (Canidae - what she used to eat) and so I am mixing that with her INNOVA EVO dry. The Canidae isn't low carb so it's not the best - but at least she's eating it. She doesn't want the Innova EVO canned right now is what I have figured out. So we'll keep on making tweaks and getting her to eat whatever we can.

I'm going to talk to Dr. Bill today about maybe changing meds and if he has any insight on what she's being so clingy.

Thank you all for supporting us and to Sydney's sponsors. I don't feel like I say it enough how awesome you are and how much you mean to us :thanks3:

Joanna ~ Actually those are good pics of Sydney. She doesn't look like someone is beating her like she does most of the time. She just HATES the camera. And you can borrow my little man ANY TIME. He's a HANDFUL. I adore him but he can wear you out.... in just under an hour you'll be needing a nap. LOL.

Cindy ~ I am going to talk to Dr. Bill today about the Reglen on a regular basis (he's finally back in town). Syd is eating (see above) although it's not the best situation.

Hi Michelle ~thanks for stopping by ! I am on my way to check on Daisy in a minute !

Mary ~ The one thing Sydney's illness has done that has really "helped" her and my son. The two of them have just become so close. She is so good to him (even when he doesn't remember to use his manners with her). And he just loves the daylights out of her (sometimes a little too much :) It's very heart warming to see the two of them together. At the moment they are on the bed curled under a blanket watching Tigger movie.

Kathy ~ It goes way too fast, doesn't it. It seems like yesterday I was pregnant with him and now he'll be 3 soon!! Ugh! Where does the time go !

Great pictures Michelle, has Sydney lost weight since her last snap shot? I know the medication can take a toll on her (and you). Gidget is adorable....

LOL Deb ! Sydney used to do things like that. She'd drag and entire fallen tree around the back yard - especially if it had landed in the river. 50 times her size she'd still work on getting it where she wanted it ! But she doesn't chew them and spit them out all over like Charlie does. Jake must have been determined to take it in his house for a chewing fest !!! Does he stay outside ?

He's outside during the day while I'm at work. When I'm home then they are in with me. Both dogs have their own separate sections with a nice house and loads of straw. I like them being outside cause they can enjoy the weather (if its nice) and get up and walk around go potty whenever they need to. And if its crappy they have their houses.

Here is some pictures I took this summer when we re-did the pen. The last 4 (#77-80) are the before pictures and the rest are after.

http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a334/debdeb163/dog%20pen/

Riley will chew them up too but not as often as Jake does, he seems on a mission when he's got a stick for chewing. I sometimes think he puts stuff in his house to protect it. From what I don't know, it could be there is another dog coming around that some stupid neighbor of mine just lets run loose. We don't have those like we used to but you never know.

I hope you got to talk to the Dr and Sydney is eating good. I wonder could the low carb also be low flavor or smell and maybe thats part of why she's not so interested? I found Jake and Riley some sodium free chicken and beef broth I put on their food and they never refuse a meal.

Big hugs to all three of ya.

Hi Michelle,

I'm glad that Syd seems to be doing somewhat better. That's good that she has an appetite. I hope Dr. Bill has some insight about the appetite, etc.

Your son and Syd sound so cute together - and I love that pic of them! The other one of just Syd is cute too, of course. I wouldn't mind being curled up with a furbaby under a blanket watching a Tigger movie right now. Beats the heck out of working ;)

Diana~ Syd's weight has been up and down through this whole thing. Last month she was up 4 lbs on her weight when she got sick (which was great) but with her recently not eating well she may be down again!

Deb~ That's a nice set up. I WISH Charlie would be willing to do something like that... but he's crazy and would bark non-stop.

I talked with another Dr. Yesterday because Dr. Bill was still not in (I guess he won't be this week either). She's a great doc who treated Brittany so I'm comfortable with her. She suggested putting Sydney back on the Reglan daily and seeing how she does. So we started that back up .... no change so far but it might take a day or so ? She does seem a bit more spunky this morning rather than pouting !!

well if Miss Syd has anything, it's spunk! So glad you have found some things to try with Syd. I am hoping the Reglan will help.

I love Tigger!I bet Charlie could bounce like Tigger if he tried real hard!

LOve and Hugs,

Debbie and Jack

Hi Michelle,

I hope the Reglan helps Syd. It sure helps Cody when his digestive system is upset. I'm glad to hear that Syd seems to feel more spunky today. Spunky is good! :banana: I hope she keeps feeling spunky.

YAY! I am glad Syd is back on the Reglan everyday. Justice is on it most likely for the rest of his life becuz of his GI disease. We typically put him on sucralfate (carafate) too if he is vomiting--just to cover our bases in case he has an ulcer.

Often vets don't tell u--but u need to give the sucralfate at least 30 minutes away from any meds. The neuro prefers me to not give it within an hour of any meds.

But anyway--I wondered abt that for Syd too??

Please give Syd and Charlie a hug.

Stay warm!!!!!

Hugs

Hey Kid...

Sorry I've been gone so long. I've been reading everyone's posts the lasts few days but having been posting.. (my bad)... my eyes are just now starting to re-adjust again so I can do more than read. LOL (Whatever you do... take care of your eyes or when you get old.. you'll be like me ... and Debbie :P LOL)

Sooooooooo....... how is our girl Syd doing today? Yesterday you said she was a little more spunky.. I hope today she's A LOT more spunky. I hope the change in her meds help.

Boy.. that set up that Deb has really IS awesome isn't it???? Heck, I'd LOVE to have that yard with all the trees... it looks incredible. I could just picture sweet Charlie barking his head off at every leaf that drifts down to the ground... what a character he is.

Sending Big Hugs and nose kisses to the kids (and you too :wub: )