Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Guest Linda IMOM

Sydney - Part 2

1,066 posts in this topic

Thanks everyone :blush:

Didn't do too much for my birthday. My moms birthday is the same day as mine (I was born on her 30th bday ;) so we made our favorite dinner (bean / ham soup) and sat around talking about how far and how much we've done in our combined 90 years. LOL. I did get a DQ icecream cake (50% off coupon woo hoo) and we shared some with the labradorks.

Sydney seems to be doing fine. She and Charlie made lots of lovely muddy footprints for me today. This weather here is NUTS. Just a week ago we had over a foot of snow and today was near 70 degrees. I've never ... ever ...ever had a "warm" birthday. It was really quite strange to me to have the windows open. I thought I might have to go down to the beach or something... would have likely been the only birthday ever I could have done it. LOL.

I'm sure Sydney's glad it warmed up ... but from what the reports are saying it's short lived. Seems it will be snowing again by the end of the week. I grew up in cleveland and the saying was often "If you don't like the weather in Cleveland ... stick around it'll change." and it couldn't be any more truthful !!

Well, I better get to bed .... I've been fighting this sinus / upper respitory bug and I took a nightquil thingy and my eyes are getting droopy. But at least I'm feeling better :)

I'm glad your feeling better Michelle, what a wonderful way to spend your birthday. My Dad's birthday is the day before mine.

Jake and Riley have been doing the mud thing too. I wish I could find flooring with muddy paw prints already on it so it wouldn't look so bad when they walked thru.

Big hugs to you and Charlie and Sydney, I hope she keeps warm.

Hey Michelle, Can't believe I missed your birthday! Charlie forgot to call me I guess! But anyway here is a belated happy birthday for a very special person. :bdayrose:

You are right it is short lived. I had 68 at 9 pm last night and woke up at 6 to giant ice balls falling from the sky, been lightly snowing ever since. So I guess that nice spring break was all for your birthday and you deserved it!

Loving those pix of Charlie and so glad Miss Syd is feeling well enough to try out for the high jump. :biggrin: I bet that burns Charlie to be left alone. I know my little emma can't make it anywhere fast anymore. If there is an avenue of escape like a door open, everyone runs out and the door swings shut before she makes it. She doesn't stop barking until everyone is back in and then she runs around scolding everyone and growling for awhile. :rolleyes:

Hope you get the bug out of your system soon. No fun for sure.

Love and big Husky hugs to you all,

Debbie and Jack :dogsled :

Hi Michelle,

I'm glad you're starting to feel better. There are some nasty bugs going around out there. Hope you are 100% better soon!

Ooh, a DQ cake, and the Labradorks got to share :) How cool! I'll bet they were happy that you were having a birthday!

Tracy and Cody :heart::stripekitty:

Hey Michelle....

I'm sorry I missed your birthday. :huh:

:bdayrose: and :hugs: from Mike and me. I'm so glad you found out what it's like to have a warm birthday... the weather has been awesome!!! Unfortunately it's going to be getting colder soon... I like the 60's.

I hope Syd is doing well and the "shivers" have gone away. I'm sure it was caused by the chemo. I remember when I was getting it.. I'd get chilled to the bone at times. When that happens, just do what you did, and put that blanket on her.

Sending this to you for your birthday:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUU!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUUUU!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR MICHELLE!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!

post-2367-1199835735_thumb.jpg

Happy New Year Michelle! Sorry I missed your birthday.

post-2010-1199852812_thumb.jpg

I hope you are feeling better.

I had surgery on my left hand on Friday for my carpal tunnel syndrome. It really hurts today cause I over did the "light" house work!!LOL!

Give Syd bigs hugs for me and a big birthday hug to you!

Cynthia

I just had to come by and thank you so much for the fundraisng for Tuckie's

CT scan/spinal tap u have started on the boys thread.

I just got a severe thunderstorm warning come up for Butler. The winds are scary.

Big hugs to u, Syd and Chalie. Gotta log off.

storm is here!

Yea... me too Michelle... just wanted to thank you sooooooooooooooooooo much for helping Tuck out. You are truly one of IMOM's beautiful angels. God Bless You!!!

Give Sydney and Charlie some :hugs: from me and a bunch of Wet Westie Nose Kisses from Mr. Mike

Whoa... last night was WICKED.

The winds were horrible. Several times I thought we were going to have a tornado. Plus we have these huge sycamore trees that were throwing huge limbs all over the roof scaring the death out of me .... then Sydney ... and edventually even Charlie was whimpering / scared.

But we came out of it with no apparent damage ~ a lot of clean up to do.

Otherwise things are okay. Sydney's being picky about her food the past couple days. Not sure what her issue is. She does this every few weeks. I think she just gets tierd of it and wants me to put some goodies in it because as soon as I do she eats it. LOL.

Angels, Tucker Van Allen really needs your help. He needs to have a CT scan and spinal tap to find out what is making him so ill. If you can please go to Tuck's thread and donate any amount ... http://www.imom.org/community/index.php?sh...view=getnewpost Celia & The Rottendogs are matching donations (to $500 !!!) please take advantage of her generous match and buy a star for your own furbaby or furangel !!!

Oh Michelle, what an angel you are to have helped Tucker. Where do you come up with these wonderful fundraising ideas? :rose: You are a friend who can be counted on that is for sure.

Hope this is finding you better. Glad the storms are over and you are okay. Prepare for snow we have had it all day here in MO.

Give Miss Syd and Charlie big hugs and lots of love from us

Debbie and Jack

:dogsled:

I wanted to say thank you again for the star fundraiser for Tuck. It made a huge difference--u have been a big part of helping Tuck get the CT scan/spinal tap.

Thank u from the bottom of my heart.

You and Syd, and Charlie too, will always be stars in my heart.

I think u should add Sydney and Charlie to the star board, in fact I would really like it if u would do that, becuz they deserve to be there!!!

Hugs!

Hey Michelle...

Mike and I just wanted to stop in and check on you and the kids... AND... to THANK YOU for the star chart for Tucker. You are just soooooooooooo creative!!! You raise so much money in your fundraisers. What a blessing you are. BUT... I think Cindy is right... Sydney and Charlie should be on the chart too... after all, they are truly stars in our eyes, and without them... you wouldn't be here... and without you... there would be no "catch a star" fundraiser. Soooooooooo........ how about redoing the chart with your kids on it??? By the way... Sir Michael the Knight of Barksalot says "thank you" for the regal shade of purple!!

Take care and God Bless.

Bunches of :hugs: and belly rubs!!! Love Ya!!

Edited by MikesMom

Hi everyone :)

We've had a busy couple of days here! My mom had to go to a special sleep study at a hospital a little bit away so we were "puppy" sitting her little llhaso Gidget. What a fiesty little dog she is (and fast too) she's worn me out chasing her and I think Sydney too. She's sound asleep and has been ever since Gidget went home. We had fun but were glad to see her go home !! She was exhausting (and keeping her and Charlie apart was NOT easy !)

I haven't had a chance to check everyones threads but will stop in to see how everyone is doing tomm, but know you ALL are in my thoughts constantly.

:hugs:

Sounds like little Gidget wore everyone out--except herself! LOL. It's so different with a little dog compared to a big dog--oh my dealing with both--u must be pooped!

I hope Syd rested well after the big day yesterday. You too!!!

Hugs to u, Syd and Charlie!

Sounds like you all have been having some fun around the old homestead. Sounds like Gidget is aptly named. I am so used to big dogs, that little dogs seem more difficult to me. They are so much more out there. I will have a mini Pomeranian at my house starting tomorrow. She was just rescued yesterday by my good friend whose son was injured in a wreck last night. I will have to keep her separate from all mine. They could kill her by stepping on her. She is five years old and four pounds! But what a sweetie. I am sure we will enjoy having her, but will be ready for her to return home. It is exhausting keeping dogs se parate when all they want to do is be together.

Sending you , Miss Syd and Charlie loads of love and big fluffy Husky hugs,

Debbie and Jack

ps. Great f undraiser if I didn't tell you before. You are one in a million. Wish Jack could have had a star and helped out, too.

Gidget is just 3 so she's still quite young and crazy ! She's a sweet dog, but is VERY submissive - just rolls over on her back and lays there like "don't hurt me don't hurt me!! " . I know what you mean about squishing the little ones Debbie - I was worried Charlie would use her as a squeeky toy. He really just wants to play with her, but he's too rough.

Sydney is being weird the past 2 days or so. I am not sure what's going on but she isn't really eating. She seems okay otherwise .... but it's quite strange that she doesn't want to eat much of anything. It's upsetting me - I'll call Dr. Bill in the AM and see if he has any thoughts. I am wondering if we'll have to change foods AGAIN. This will be the third one since diagnosis - he does good for awhile and then rejects them. I don't get it at all and she's making me a really bad stalker mom. LOL !!

Here's a pic of Gidget for you guys to see her little fluff butt.

post-1586-1200295855_thumb.jpg

Gidget is adorable... no wonder Charlie was after her!!! :P What a cutie... and I'm sure it must have been pretty hectic around your place.

Michelle, Syd's probably not eating because of the chemo. Just from my own experience... sometimes I had a ravenous appetite and other times food just looked like crap (no matter how good it really was). Unless changing her food has really helped before, I wouldn't be too concerned about it. She'll eat again when her system tells her to. If she goes for more than a couple of days without eating, then I'd consider changing the food... but not right away.

Mike and I were watching the Purina challenge yesterday, and when it came to Dog Diving, I couldn't help be think of Syd and Charlie.... I kept picturing them jumping in the water, and Mike and I both agreed that either one of them could have beat out the yellow lab that took first place (30' 2").

Ok.. gotta get... I'll catchya later. Give those babies some HUGE HUGS from me and bunches of nose kisses from Mike (he'd give them hugs too, but he can't reach. lol)

Oh wow Michelle, what a cutie Gidget is. I can see my two thinking she was a squeaky toy too. Heck sometimes Riley gets this look on his face with the cats.

Poor Sydney, I hope she doesn't' stay off her food too long. Be careful she's not just becoming a fussy eater either. You could try some sort of yummy gravy or something to put on it to maybe entice her to eat.

Big hugs to you and the kids, I hope everyone is doing well.

Hi Michelle,

Oh, what a cute little fluff butt Gidget is! I could see how she could wear you out, though. She looks - and sounds - like quite a bundle of energy.

I'm hoping that Sydney's inappetance is nothing serious, and that Dr. Bill doesn't feel the need to switch foods again. I will keep Sydney in my thoughts.

Tracy and Cody :heart::stripekitty:

Gee Michelle, That is the way Jack has been. He will really go after a food, and without warning just stop eating it. I am always so afraid he will lose weight, appetite, whatever. I hope you get beautiful Miss Syd to eating soon or she might lose some of that girlish figure of hers!

Just wanted to stop and let you know I was thinking of you all. Give that handsome Charlie some kisses for me. I just want to sqeeze him when I look at him. And Miss Syd needs some of those special Husky hugs from Jack. You get both because you are so special

Love,

Debbie and Jack

Thanks for checking on us everyone :)

I really really dislike Leukeran. Dr. Bill told me it has limited side effects but I am just not buying it. Either it's the med or a change in the disease but Sydney is just not herself. I am not sure how to put my finger on it ... but she's spooked really easy, she doesn't want to be with Charlie, she's very clingy and she's being super picky about eating. I think I feel better blaming it on the medication rather than thinking something is changing with her remission / disease. She's due for blood work / check up the 24th so it's going to be a long wait until then to see what's going on in her furry little butt.

Charlie is as always doing fine and sends Paula sloppy kisses. He told me to tell you that he wants you to come play in the snow with him and Jack too. LOL.

I am going to check a couple threads before getting some sleep. I've had a crappy day with another stinkin' GB attack. I wish I had gone to the ER when this one started because it was a LOOOONNNG one. (the doc refuses to do the surgery until they can visualize a stone on US .... but every time I go for the ultrasound I'm not having an attack because it's either scheduled or subsiding by the time I get to the hospital... sothey can't see the stones blocking the ducts.)

Hi Michelle,

Glad to hear that Sidda is okay, but sorry about her not wanting to eat and being fussy. Mollie was doing that too, and even makeing me feed her with a spoon. I quit feeding her the Science Diet K/D cause it was costing me more than what I spend on myself a week in food, and put her on EVO chicken and turkey with the EVO dry. She loves it (plus, I toss in a bit of Alpo sliced chicken in the mix and she laps it up).

She is doing real good all things considered. Still a ball of fire outside, and it has been really warm and sunny out this past week so we were out in the garage at day getting that desk put back together (ouch on my back, but it is done and solid as a rock!). Now I have to finish the tower, clean up the monitor, hook up the printer, and put out a sign this weekend saying "FOR SALE". We should get a good price for it all since I have every kind of great bootleg software you can imagine in the hard drive, plus a lot of expensive programs that are not bootlegged.

Will check in again soon on your girl. Hope her blood work is okay and that she is just being finicky about her food. Mollie takes Mertazapine (sp?) to help with her appetite and it works pretty good. Check it out with your vet. It is not uncommon to give to dogs on chemo.

:hugs: and more :hugs: for Sidda and sweet silly Charlie boy!

Gail & Mollie

I really really dislike Leukeran. Dr. Bill told me it has limited side effects but I am just not buying it. Either it's the med or a change in the disease but Sydney is just not herself. I am not sure how to put my finger on it ... but she's spooked really easy, she doesn't want to be with Charlie, she's very clingy and she's being super picky about eating. I think I feel better blaming it on the medication rather than thinking something is changing with her remission / disease. She's due for blood work / check up the 24th so it's going to be a long wait until then to see what's going on in her furry little butt.

I've had a crappy day with another stinkin' GB attack. I wish I had gone to the ER when this one started because it was a LOOOONNNG one. (the doc refuses to do the surgery until they can visualize a stone on US .... but every time I go for the ultrasound I'm not having an attack because it's either scheduled or subsiding by the time I get to the hospital... sothey can't see the stones blocking the ducts.)

Hey Michelle...

I honestly believe it's the medication doing that to Syd. The vet could say what he wants to, but quite honestly... how in the heck would "they" (or anyone) know what kind of effects it has on the animals unless they try it themselves. Trust me, chemo does strange things to a person (and pet).. even being skiddish and wanting to be alone or (on the other hand) being clingy... it's all due to the effects of the meds... including the lack (or excess) of appetite. I don't know if he's considered trying something else, but chances are, even if he did it may not make a difference... chemo is chemo and even though they may be different... they all have effects in one way or another.

I'm sorry about the GB attack. How painful. :sad: My aunt just went through the same thing a few days ago... she ended up in the emergency room where they gave her the diagnosis of gb stones... but when she went to the doctor, he told her she has only "one" stone .. (get this) along with acid reflux. DUHHHHH... how in the heck do they know these things? He told her the stone is "fine for now", and if they have to remove it, they might be able to do it with medication or laser... anyway... I hope you're feeling better.

OHHHHHHH......... BTW... I know you do a lot of typing with your e-bay stuff, and your carpel tunnel stops you a lot... I found a program. It's called Dragon Naturally Speaking. I researched it the other day because I really want to make some $$$ with the transcription, and it takes sooooooo long. Anyway.. I found it at 1/2 price (it's normally $99 for the home edition). I found it on the Staples site for $89 plus a $50 rebate... how cool is that? I hated to use my credit card because I'm, just now, starting to see a little cushion on it, but I figured if I could lower my bids on jobs, I should be able to get more work. Anyway, I got it yesterday and it works great... you talk into the headset and it types for you. These programs have been out for years, but I never even considered one.. never needed it. But, it should help me to earn some money. Just thought you might want to check on it for your work (and relief from the CT).

:hugs: and tons of nose kisses!!!

Hey Michelle...

I honestly believe it's the medication doing that to Syd. The vet could say what he wants to, but quite honestly... how in the heck would "they" (or anyone) know what kind of effects it has on the animals unless they try it themselves. Trust me, chemo does strange things to a person (and pet).. even being skiddish and wanting to be alone or (on the other hand) being clingy... it's all due to the effects of the meds...

Thanks for the reassuring words Joanna. I knew I could count on you :)

Sydney is eating all her food ... but it's nibbles here and nibbles there. Definately not the way a lab SHOULD eat (or the way she always has) .... but I am glad she's at least getting it into her tummy.

And she's up my butt non-stop. Literally. She was sleeping under my chair while I was doing some eBay stuff lastnight and I got up to walk into the laundry room, change a load and go to the bathroom. She stood inbetween my legs while I changed the load and tried to fit in our teeny tiny half bathroom while I tinkled. I kicked her out because it was a little too close for comfort . THEN she pressed herself against the door and I heard little snorts from the gap under the door (so she had her nose under there ...). And of course she followed me back to the computer and planted herself on my feet. She will NOT let me go anywhere in the house without being glued to me.

So I'm not sure what that's all about ... like when Mike was staring at you ... it's making me nervous.

For GOOD NEWS ~ I think I am going to be moving. A really close friend of mine is being transfered back to this area - and will likely move closeby. If he finds a house in the same school district (for my daughter) it could work out really well. We lived together when we were younger .... and it was great ! It will probably be awhile yet ... but I'm really excited.