Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Guest Linda IMOM

Sydney - Part 2

1,066 posts in this topic

Well, I am ringing in the new year right with a wicked flu :P

Thankfully Sydney seems to be feeling just great today !! She's been keepin' mama warm and cozy with lots of kisses.

I did not want anyone to think I had disappeared and am soooo happy to see Sydney fully sponsored.

:banana::banana::banana:

:thanks3:

So much to the special angel donor and to ALL of Sydney's donors. With out ALL of you, IMOM, Jacki, Dr. Bill & his staff.... my girl would NOT have seen 2008 ! You all mean EVERYTHING to us. Thank you thank you thank you !!!

I am going to post more later ... I feel another bathroom trip coming on....... :sad:

Wow Michelle, I hope you are feeling better. I'm sure labradork warmth and kisses do wonders when you are sick, I know rotti's do.

Feel better and give Sydney and Charlie a big hug from us.

What a great way to start out the New Year!!!! For Miss Sydney that is (not you.... the flu is just not an option here Michelle). I'm thrilled that Syd's fully sponsored. I was really feeling guilty for not being able to keep up on the fundraising since Mike got so sick. But thank God he's getting the surgery (in about an hour) and Sydney is funded for her treatments. HALLELUJAH!!!

Now, Michelle, here's a plan for you.... old remedies work great... rub a bunch of Vicks on your chest and cover it with a flannel cloth, take a couple of Immodium, put on your warmest and fuzziest jammies, take a shot (or two) of whiskey, and have the kids cuddle up with you for four or five hours.... all this will guarantee you feeling better in no time. :P If it doesn't work the first time... shampoo, rinse.. and try it again (especially the shots) :blink: Even if you don't feel better... the booze will make you not care. LOL

By the way.. I found another picture for you if Charlie ever wants to have another fridge sale... here it is....

post-2367-1199301246_thumb.jpg

Thank you so much for your love and support. Feel Better Soon!!! :hugs: to Syd & Charlie.

Hi Michelle and Syd,

I am SO happy that the new year starts off with Sydney fully sponsored!! :banana: THANK YOU to the special angels that made this possible.

I'm very glad to see that Syd is doing well. But you have got to get over that nasty flu and get to feeling better very soon! Get lots of rest and fur therapy. Cody sends gentle head rubs.

Tracy and Cody :heart::stripekitty:

Michelle, I'm just thrilled that Sydney is fully sponsored! :banana:

Widget asked that I tell you he's very happy, too. He says he's sure his personal Internet stalker is a wonderful mommy to his canine cousin Sydney, and he's so pleased for you both. But he wants you to get rid of that nasty flu as soon as possible.

Happy New Year Michelle, Sidda and Charlie! What great news that Syd is fully sponsored! Hope she is okay and the blood in the urine is gone.

Give her and silly Charlie lots of love from Mollie and me!

:hugs:

Gail & Mollie

Sydney is going to break her legs... and I am going to pull my hair out.

I keep Charlie in the dining / living room when he isn't under direct supervision (for many reasons but he just can't be trusted) and at night he misses Brittany who he used to sleep with so I make sure Sydney is in there with him. The PROBLEM is that she is jumping the gate to get out. The gate is near a step down into the living room and she'll clamour over / break the gate ... whatever she has to to get out as soon as the sun comes up in the morning. Then Charlie's upset and crying / howling. I am beside myself and the two of them are driving me nuts. My son is a holy terror today because he was up at 5 am due to Syd's jumping and Charlie freaking out !!! :rolleyes: I need CALGON !

On a brighter note, Sydney seems to be feeling well. She is not at ALL impressed with all this snow but she's eating, playing and jumping gates as if she didn't have any illness at all. I talked with Dr. Bill and we are cutting down on her prednisone and HOPEFULLY that will help with several "issues" including the constant eating (which may be contributing more to her tummy upset than her chemo meds - she'll eat anything and everything - the other day it was a rabbit from the yard) and it may help resolve the recurring UTI's.

We woke up to DEEP snow yesterday morning and while i spent most of the day in bed , the kids did go out and so did Charlie. I leaned out my kitchen window with a camera to get some pictures of Charlie for you Charlie lovers. (Sydney would have nothing to do with PLAYING out there... too cold for my princess)

Common' mom ... come throw the stick... puh-weeeze !!!!

1-2-08Char149.jpg

1-2-08Char156.jpg

Watch me catch a snowflack on my tounge ma !!! (yes he was really trying to catch them)

1-2-08Char159.jpg

and after all the running around / stick wrestling / frolicking in the snow .... Charlie promptly TOOK A NAP !!!! (told you all he was really a husky in a lab suit !!! )

1-2-08Char154.jpg

Hi Michelle,

I love the pics of Charlie in the snow! He's so cute - even if he isn't exactly what you wanted in an alarm clock ;) Syd and Charlie, let your Mom sleep a little longer, OK?

I'm glad to hear that Sydney is acting like she isn't sick. Sending good thoughts for her that she continues to feel this well, and sending cyber-Calgon your way.

VERY glad to hear about syd .. but very SAD to hear about YOU! :-(

sure hope you're feeling up to snuff again soon! remember .. lottsa fluids!!! rest as much as you can too! ... anyway ... more snuggles and huggles from us on this end to all yours on your end :) hehehhee

*HUGS*

Aw Michelle, I hope u feel better soon.

There are 3 things going around our area's.

One is a normal cold--u feel crappy, but u don't have the sudden high fever.

The second is the "flu" that we get flu shots for-- You literally are fine and 10 minutes later u suddenly have a high fever and have respiratory symptoms. It hits u like a ton of bricks.

The third I had, and 3 weeks later my liver is just recovering (but then I do have a liver/blood disease)--it's the gastrointestinal flu--I had the norovirus (AKA cruiseship virus), and I saw it was heading or already in NE Ohio too.

I am hoping u have a cold--but it didn't sound like it since u were running to the bathroom. Be cautious, with the norovirus u dehydrate quickly.

If it's the GI one--be cautious using Immodium or anything to stop the "dire-rears" if u have a fever. U don't want to end up "holding" any bacteria in. I did end up using it after a day.

I hope so much u feel better quickly!!!

I needed a smile and ur pics gave it to me--thanks for sharing.

Hugs to u, Syd and Charlie

Awww Michelle, I just love those pictures of Charlie, he reminds me so much of Jake and playing in the snow. Riley only gets interested in it if there is a mouse or mole running underneath it.

I hope you are feeling better soon, loads of fluids is very important and rest. Poor Charlie, I hope he will settle down soon. We had some really bad cold weather here and this morning I woke up on the couch and Tyson was on the back of the couch, Tigger was in the rocking chair and Kali was laying on her scratch pad and Jake and Riley were laying by the fire. It was so nice to have everyone in the same room.

Hey There...

It seems like forever since I've been here. I guess I've been pretty useless since Mike's been sick (at home as well as here on IMOM).

I am so glad to hear that Syd's doing so well. She's really a gal who knows what she wants and goes after it. Did she "really" eat a rabbit? EEEEEEEYYYYYYYUCCCCCCCKKKK!!! Poor bunny.

I've got to tell you... those pics of Charlie are PRICELESS!! And sleeping in the snow??????? Well..... maybe he's part bear and was thinking about hibernating. :lol:

Thanks so much for all your love and support. We are so blessed to have found all of you. Give some :hugs: to the kids.

Hi Michelle. Those are GREAT pictures of Charlie!!! What a goof! Here's a recent picture of my sister's Labradork - Dank. . .Yep, that's Daisy and Blue's bed. He has his own but refuses to sleep in it. He is a silly silly boy! Hope that you are feeling better! Sounds like Syd is feeling pretty good. Daisy just finished another 2 weeks of prednisone, so I am hoping she will slow down on the food too. She still likes to steal Blue's when Blue "let's" her. . .Hopefully Syd's tummy problems will deminish if she's not eating everything due to the prednisone - it sounds promising. :) Well, it's been a while since I've checked in and I just wanted to say hi.

XOXOXO

Michelle Daisy and Blue

post-2355-1199526571_thumb.jpg

Edited by bluedazy

:pp_animal_616: That Charlie could even make us love the snow. Mom already does. Autumn (a cat who lived with us before she passed on 3-2-2007) use to love the snow. She'd go running head first onto a mound of snow and slide on her rather large belly, smiling all the way.

Hope you're feeling better soon, Michelle. Glad to hear Syd is feeling okay; sad to hear about the bunny.

Paula(2)

Yep, she REALLY ate the bunny. She wasn't about to give it up. I tried to get her to drop it and she looked at me like I was insane and kept running around the yard until I was wet and cold and gave up and let her have at it. It was already dead when I "caught" her. What surprises me is that it wasn't Charlie. He's the critter catcher around here.

Sydney is COLD. I finally figured it out. Must be from the chemo or something but the shaking I don't think is nerves/jitters I think she's just COLD. She was shaking in her bed earlier and I put a big quilt over here and she stopped shaking like five minutes later and has been snoozing under the quilt ever since. I'll have to ask Dr. Bill what he thinks... but I am pretty sure it's not nerves it's that the poor girl is freezing.

She is still eating great and no other issues. Surprisingly no GI issues from the bunny. I was bracing myself for the worst.

I gotta run... she wants outside and I'm gonna throw a sweatshirt on her before I let her out.

Michelle I love the pics of Charlie in the snow he is adorable. Hope you feel better and that Sydney stays nice and warm......

Hugs to you all.

Just wanted to stop in and check on all of you. How's Syd's appetite? Anymore bunny stew? Heck.. the least she could have done is brought it in so you could cook it for her. LOL :wacko: Poooooorrrrrr bunnyyyyyyy. Oh well.. you tried, Michelle... I guess taking a rabbit from a dog is worse than taking candy from a baby (and THAT AIN'T EASY.. no matter what anyone says... HAVE YOU EVER TRIED TAKING CANDY FROM A BABY??? :lol: ROFL).

By the way... how is your cold... AND... how is your carpal tunnel? I hope you're back to 100% now. That picture of Dank that Michelle posted is sooooo cute.... is Dank related to Charlie at all??? Or are all labradorks as funny as these guys? I saw a beautiful chocolate lab on CL... FREE to good home. People are moving... he is beautiful. If I had a fenced yard, money and a healthy westie, I wouldn't think twice about taking him.

Hope you and Syd are doing better. :hugs:

I sympathize with the bunny thing. Murder most foul is sometimes hard to avoid. We mostly have squirrel murders in my yard. They are quick and painless I think but I am helpless to stop them. It all happens so quickly.

Hope you are feeling better and I am ecstatic at the report on Miss Syd. And thanks loads for sharing Charlie on my thread. I love looking at that c utie every day. Brings a smile to my face. Sure miss posting pix of Jack. Santa forgot to bring me a digital camera. Guess it would not have done much good without a computer. Oh well, someday....

Loads of love and hugs to you my friend and your very special babies, :dogsled:

Debbie and jack

:birthday4::pp_animal_556:

Syd : Wish Your Mom a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Aww Paula... thank you so much. I am officially not a youngun' anymore.

(but umm.. how did you know ? ? ? )

Yep, she REALLY ate the bunny. She wasn't about to give it up. I tried to get her to drop it and she looked at me like I was insane and kept running around the yard until I was wet and cold and gave up and let her have at it. It was already dead when I "caught" her. What surprises me is that it wasn't Charlie. He's the critter catcher around here.

Sydney is COLD. I finally figured it out. Must be from the chemo or something but the shaking I don't think is nerves/jitters I think she's just COLD. She was shaking in her bed earlier and I put a big quilt over here and she stopped shaking like five minutes later and has been snoozing under the quilt ever since. I'll have to ask Dr. Bill what he thinks... but I am pretty sure it's not nerves it's that the poor girl is freezing.

She is still eating great and no other issues. Surprisingly no GI issues from the bunny. I was bracing myself for the worst.

I gotta run... she wants outside and I'm gonna throw a sweatshirt on her before I let her out.

Hi Michelle,

I think you are right about the chemo making Syd cold. Daisy shivers a lot more too (Chihuahuas in general shiver) since she's been doing her chemo. So, I snuggle her close and we are both happy. :)

Happy Birthday!

XOXOXO

Michelle, Daisy and Blue

Aww Paula... thank you so much. I am officially not a youngun' anymore.

(but umm.. how did you know ? ? ? )

^_^:birthday4: CHARLIE told me, of course.... when he called to invite us all to his fridge raid for you!

He wanted to know how old 30 is in dog years. When I told him, he got pretty concerned, but I explained that 30 is still a young 'un. It's relative, Charlie, it's relative!

Edited by CatPaws

I'm so glad Sydney is still doing good. As for the bunny, I know what you mean. Riley is my bunny, mice, mole catcher, torturer, killer. He doesn't eat them though, just leaves them in the yard. Spike was also very good at catching mice, birds, squirrels, chipmunks. Since he's been gone Tigger was doing a good job for a while. I would walk out to my truck and there would be 3 mice, or a few squirrels, once he even ate half of it and left me the other have. I have a bone pile in the front woods where I toss the bodies. I call it the bone pile :broken_heart:

2.gif10.gif

Hope you are feeling better too hon. Big hugs to you, Sydney and Charlie.

Happy Birthday Michelle!!!

:bdayrose:

Paula is right, it's all relative. My mom would probably call anyone younger than 60 a "spring chicken". Of course, she also said that once she hit 39, she was going backwards ;) Hope it was a great B-day for you.