Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Linda IMOM

Tucker and Justice Van Allen - Part 6

1,322 posts in this topic

thinking of you and senidng many positive thoughts. :luck: I am so glad that Carol is driving you.maybe you can snooze in the car.

we'll all be waitin on some good news.take care.

p

and the boys

Here's a weather report from NE Ohio...we did get alittle snow overnight but not too bad...so let's hope that the area Cindy is in was prepared and all will be well...I know the road crews have been pretty good this year so I think that since it's a work day the road will be in good shape...

Sending positive thoughts that all goes EXTREMELY WELL this AM and that we get the best news possible for Tuckie. Judy

Tucker is in my thoughts today. Will be waiting for an update from Cindy and will post.

Juli

I hope Tuck slept well through the night and that you got some rest too.

Well... our little Tucker should be there by now. The snow is coming down really hard here west of Cleveland, but it looks like the traffic outside is not having any problem. I hope it's not coming down like this where you are.

My prayers are that your trip is a safe one and the CT will come out normal. We're all waiting and praying. Love you, Joanna & Mike

Edited by MikesMom

I hope Tuck slept well through the night and that you got some rest too.

Well... our little Tucker should be there by now. The snow is coming down really hard here west of Cleveland, but it looks like the traffic outside is not having any problem. I hope it's not coming down like this where you are.

My prayers are that your trip is a safe one and the CT will come out normal. We're all waiting and praying. Love you, Joanna & Mike

Hi

I just read through all the threads on Tucker. I'm so sorry he has been not feeling well. I'll be reading to see how his test went. We'll pray everything is normal. I'm still learning how to get around this site. I just realized the newest threads are the last pages and not the first.

Anyhow, I 'll be thinking about you guys. Best wishes.

Monique' and Coqui

Edited by Isadora3

Just checking in to say I'm praying for Tucker! I was hoping Juli would have posted an update by now (it's 10:30)...But last I checked, she's offline, so maybe it'll still be good news! I've got to get some sleep soon (working tonight) but I'll look for an update as soon as I get up tonight...

Hugs and prayers to you all,

Roberta

(and big Collie slurps from Chance, the Protector of all little critters!)

Just waiting!!! :feedback: ... GOOD FEEDBACK... PLEASE!!!

Edited by MikesMom

No news yet....

It's hard to wait. Patience is not one of my virtues. I hope we hear something soon.

Definitely not one of my virtues either Laurie. PACING.. PACING... PACING.

Cindy just called. The news is not what we all were hoping for. Tucker had his neuro exam and it was better today than the last one. That's good news. He's had the CT scan and it showed swelling on one side of the brain. His one side of his brain has shifted over to the other side. It could mean one of two things. A brain tumor or encephalitis. :broken_heart: Encephalitis is a inflammation of the brain as a result of an autoimmune disease. It is the GME that Cindy referred to before. Right now Tucker is having a spinal tap. The spinal tap will tell if the swelling and shifting of the brain is due to encephalitis. They will bring Tucker to Cindy after the tap and they will stick around the hospital until it is ok to take him home. Cindy doesn't expect the results from the spinal tap until about 5 pm tonight. Cindy said she'd post when she can. Say a prayer for Tucker.

Juli

Juli, thank you for letting us know.

Cindy - I am so sorry. :broken_heart: I don't even know what to say. My thoughts are with you and Tuckie, as always (and Justice too, of course.) I wish I could do more than hold you close in my thoughts and send cyber-hugs. But you've got them, and tons of good thoughts.

:hugs:

Cody sends tons of soft purrs and head-rubs.

Tracy and Cody :heart::stripekitty:

Juli, thank you for letting us know.

Cindy - I am so sorry. :broken_heart: I don't even know what to say. My thoughts are with you and Tuckie, as always (and Justice too, of course.) I wish I could do more than hold you close in my thoughts and send cyber-hugs. But you've got them, and tons of good thoughts.

Cody sends tons of soft purrs and head-rubs.

Tracy and Cody :heart::stripekitty:

I can't think of anything to add, so I'll just say "what Tracy said".

You're in our thoughts,

Cindy/IMOM

I can't think of anything to add, so I'll just say "what Tracy said".

Me too. Tracy said it beautifully. Cindy, you are definitely in my thoughts, and I wish I was there with you so I could wrap my arms around you and give you a big hug.

Oh my gosh... I've been refreshing the 7th page waiting for the news, not knowing about the results until now. :broken_heart: Oh Cindy... I am so sorry... I hate to think of what you're going through now. I wish I could be there to hold you while you hold little Tuckie. Please know how much we love you and Tuck and Justice. We're here for you sweetie.

Juli, thanks for the update. The waiting was horrible for us... I can only imagine how it is for Cindy. Thank God she's not alone.

Sending up lots of prayers as always.

Cindy,

Keeping you all on my heart and in my prayers - sending you great big hugs, hoping you feel how much we care - hoping beyond hope that something will be found to help Tuckie today. Please know that I am with you in spirit.

Kathy, Puddin and Angel Lucky

poor tuckie,oh Cindy i hope you can feel the love coming to you from all of us. :heart:

p

and the boys

All my love, hugs and prayers for you and Tucker Cindy. I'm so sorry. :sad: :sad:

poor tuckie,oh Cindy i hope you can feel the love coming to you from all of us. :heart:

p

and the boys

Paula, I CAN feel it from each and every one of u. I have to say I giggled a bit to see the posts of everyone waiting for news. It figures u guys could make me giggle.

Juli, thank u for posting for me, and being a support with the phone call. It's always fun to get news that is good and u can spread the word---but I know this was hard for Juli.

Juli got all the info just right. Although it was info the neuro came out and told me between the CT scan and spinal tap.

After it was all over, the neuro also included stroke in the possibilities.

But, before the CT when we asked what the CT would show, he said it would not show TIA's, and it would only show a massive or very significant stroke-- enough to cause an abnormality in the structure of the brain.

That's something I will ask him about (unless the CSF -cerebrospinal fluid shows something). It just seems like with a really significant stroke that there would have been paralysis or something. But I will talk to him abt it.

So, a significant stroke (I wonder how u prevent another one if that's the case-another question), brain tumor or GME-an autoimmune encephalitis.

We now know it's not the disease schnauzers can get (hyperlipidemia), becuz it always includes hypothyroid. His thyroid tests came back fine.

This was part of what was on his take home paper:

Today's CT revealed an enlargement in the left side of the brain causing a shift to the right. In addition there are some changes in his ventricles.

He also had said the brain is asymetrical.

Originally they thought I would hear by 5PM. Now they said it will most likely be after 6pm and maybe as late as after 8pm. But he will definitely call tonight.

I will let u guys know when I hear...

At least the spinal tap (CSF ) results will definitely rule out the encephalitis.

Thanks so much for the hugs and such wonderful support. I went from giggling to tearing up--but a kind of tearing up where u feel sucjh kindness and support from such wonderful friends.

I will be back later when I hear anything. Tuck had a couple complex partial seizures since we have been home, but he is doing well. He is such a trooper.

Justice is fine too.

Thanks so much angels!

Oh Cindy... I'm in tears right now. It's so hard to think of our little Tucker so sick. I've been keeping vigil here... as many of us have... just waiting and watching and praying.

How was your trip there? Was there a lot of snow on the ground? How were the roads? Did you sleep at all? My heart is crying for you.. for Tuck... for Justice... for all of us. I wish it were better news.

Call me if you need to... please!!

Cindy, this is the first chance I have had today to read and post.

I was at the hospital this morning getting my stitches out and in a meeting this afternoon. Anyway, I too wish I could be with you to give you hugs. Please feel them coming your way. I am praying that whatever the outcome is, that it could be fixed, pysically and financially.

Here is a picture that I hope will make you laugh abit (even if it is just for a minute!)

post-2010-1200434556_thumb.jpg

post-2010-1200434955_thumb.jpg

post-2010-1200434996_thumb.jpg

Love you tons,

Cynthia

HI Cindy,

Like everyone else, I'm waiting for news and sending loads of love and prayers. I hope Tuckie hasn't had any more seizures and like Cynthia hope that whatever it is it can be fixed.

Give both boys and yourself a great big hug.

OMG!! FINALLY some pretty good news--at least it's the best possible.

The neuro called--

1. Tuck does not have GME-encephalitis, thank God.

2. There is a 1 in 10 chance Tuck has a brain tumor. The only reason there is a chance, is becuz if he has a tumor in the frontal lobe, then the protein in the CSF is not an indicator--but it is otherwise. His protein was normal.

So praying he doesn't have a tumor in the frontal lobe that they couldn't see.

3. So... most likely he had a stroke. The neuro said, "It had to be a significant stroke, since the changes on the CT are significant."

I didn't get to ask many questions. I am having a hard time understanding how we could miss a "significant stroke". All I remember is being gone one day, and when I came back I was in the kitchen, and I could hear Tuck scuffing on the tile (something he has done often after GM's and butt meds) and he was pacing (again something he does often before or after seizures). I asked how long he had been pacing, and was told that he paced all afternoon. That night he did the pacing most of the night--not normal, but I thought the way he was acting that maybe he had a bad GM earlier in the day that was missed--OR, even more likely--he was going to have one.

So, he must have had it that day (Dec 23rd).

If it had been one of the other 3 non-epileptics, we would have recognized in a heart beat that something was wrong. If it was a "normal" epileptic, I know we would have recognized it too. But with a severe epi that all of these things happen with off and on, and all the meds he is on--well I can tell u I will look at pre-ictal and post-ictal behaviors differently now.

The neuro said we still don't know why a significant stroke must have happened. But he feels we have some time to figure it out. That at the very least, for the next week we should be safe.

BUT, first he wants Tuck to get back on a normal sleep cycle. So I am to give him some ACE to calm and sedate him (once thought a HUGE no-no for epi's--it's now OK to use in some situations) every evening for 1 week, becuz he wants to see what gets better when he isn't so exhausted.

Tuck has been a little aggressive towards the other dogs the past few weeks--the neuro wonders if it is becuz Tuck is exhausted, as well as some of his other symptoms.

I call him on Thursday.

So, it looks like he had a "significant stroke".

There is a 1 in 10 chance of a tumor.

No encephalitis. PHEW!

It's scary not knowing why a dog considered young for a stroke, had one...and it feels a bit like a possible ticking bomb...but it's one I would rather have then the tumor!!

Hi Joanna, the trip to Columbus was a bit dicey until we got to the freeway (normally a 20 min trip--took almost 40) since no plows had been out and it was quite slippery. But the closer we got to Columbus, the better it became.

Nope, didn't sleep. I hope after giving Tuck the ACE tonight, that we will both sleep!!!

Thanks sweetie for being here!!!! love and hugs!

Hi Cynthia, glad u got ur stitches out. The pics def made me laugh!! Thanks for posting them!! love and hugs!!

Tuckie played a little bit. Now he is pacing a little...

Justice is happy mommy is home!!!

THANK YOU everyone for the positive thoughts, prayers--everything!!!!!

Gonna go be with my boys!!

Cindy I'm so glad its not encephalitis. And I'm praying its not a tumor. I hope the ACE lets you all get some sleep tonight. All my thoughts and prayers and loads of love and hugs being sent.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0