Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Linda IMOM

Tucker and Justice Van Allen - Part 6

1,322 posts in this topic

So sad that Justice popped off the train, but hopefully it won't be for long.. maybe just long enough to stock up with more coal to keep it going. Keep up the great work Tukie.. you've got to keep a chuggin' and gain the speed you need to keep going.

And sooooo happy to hear Justice isn't anemic. Now, we'll look forward to a healthy biopsy report too.

Cindy, I'm praying you're getting enough rest and the heat's not upsetting your system as well as the boys. It's horribly hot and humid... but at least it's not cold with snow. You do have air conditioning don't you? I don't remember reading here anywhere about it. I hope so.

Give each other a bunch of hugs and nose kisses from us.

Loads of Love and Prayers

Hi Cindy

How are you feeling today? Praying you are doing well. Also I'm praying for Justice for a negative report and for more seizure free days.

Coqui is doing fine, enjoying all the attention she gets from Keira. She is kind of sluggish at times, but she has times where she is like a puppy and runs around.

I'll keep in touch.

post-2608-1213373190_thumb.jpg

post-2608-1213373254_thumb.jpg

post-2608-1213373295_thumb.jpg

Mine are color coded too. Riley has a green collar (cause thats my fav color) and Jake has a blue just to be different.

I hope that Justice is just feeling under the weather because of the heat. Isn't it funny how they can bend themselves to get at something. I bet he looks so cute in his t-shirt. I'm so glad he's not anemic, and praying for friendly, innocent, harmless little things (I love Juli's description it fits perfect) on the biopsy results next week.

I hope Tuckie is still chuggin along. He sounds like he's doing great

I just love it when the dogs snore, it always makes me smile, I don't know why. Riley snores a lot. Jake just farts :rolleyes:

Last night about 1:30 I got woke out of a dead sleep to Riley jumping at the window. Hee hee try to get two 75-85lbs dogs to go back to bed, when you are half asleep and when they just "know" there is something out there and they have to see what it was. I ended up putting Jake in the crate with a treat, and made Riley come back in the bedroom with me and I had to sleep with my hand over the edge of the bed rubbing his belly until he settled down and forgot there was "something" out there. Woke up this morning wondering where Jake was, he wasn't on his bed. Then it all came flooding back. Still no idea what was out there. I love having the windows open at night except when that happens.

Big hugs to you and the boys and I hope that you got some rest and are feeling better. Today its going to be 90 again.

Edited by Debs

storms are coming, but I hope again they skirt by us--we are also in a tornado watchbox on the radar. During the night is when storms are forecast to be bad here.

I worry poor Syd will have to go thru storms this afternoon, and during the night too.

We think abt Syd with every storm. It'll be OK Syd.

Tuck is at FIVE DAY'S!!!

==================T :icecream5::turtle: =================

Justice is at ONE DAY!!!

==================J :1icecream::turtle: =================

Hi Tracy, yup color coded puppers. It makes it so much easier with company to say "don't feed the one with the purple collar", etc. Plus David often feeds them and he would get them mixed up (Abbie and Rustie)-so we used to have color coded feeding bowls too-we actually found bowls to be similar to the color of the collars. lol.

Now we are stainless steel. 4 bowls are identical and Tucks is more flat. I wanted Tuck's to look diff becuz one of his seizure meds goes in it. Justice's bowl has a little piece of colored duct tape on the edge since he gets his Tylan in his meals. Before each meal I put Tuck's syringe of bromide in his bowl, and a small Tupperware container with Tylan in Justice's bowl. So the meds definitely get put in the food, but I added the duct tape to J's bowl and got Tuck a different bowl so that when they are actually put down David (or me or anyone else) gives it to the right dog.

Sounds confusing--but it makes it a lot easier at feeding time!!!

LOL a cat snoring loud. So when he snores, does he purr at the same time?

Please give Cody a special hug from auntie Cindy..and big hugs to u too!!

Hi Joanna, thankfully we do indeed have A/C. I am so glad u do too. Well Justice seemed to have made his coal stop and hopped right back on the train! I am a tad concerned that his seizure threshold is down now-so the storm may cause him to break through again. But it's great he hopped back on for at least 24 hours!!

I am not getting enough rest-but I am working on it! At leasyt this time my tube is working. I think that's why I got so sick (doc actually wanted me in the hosp last week-yea right!). I told him once the tube started working I would be better--and I am . So there-HA HA!!

LOL.

Guys the thunder just hit--gotta get off.

Be back when I can!

Thansk angels

Hi Cindy, I'm so sorry to read about Justice falling off the train -- poor baby, just too much for his sweet little brain to handle in one day. I am really glad he had such a long, amazing ride, though. I hope he's on his way to another one.

And great to see Tuckie on the train for 5 days now! That makes me very happy.

It is very hard to read the word "lump" in any sentence relating to a person or a pet. But I am going to think very good thoughts that this is indeed a friendly, innocent, harmless little thing. I wish I could be there with you to give you a big hug. Please know that you and the boys are in my thoughts all the time.

The Cootductor sends purrs to you all.

came by to check how the boys are doing with all this storm activity :( Sorry to see they jumped off the trains and hope tonights storms don't take them off again.

You are always in our thoughts !! :hugs:

Oh, I keep thinking of poor Syd. I don't know if they got the storm we had--but I hope not. We lost power for awhile, most likely at that time due to the high winds or hail. Then the storms came.

More are expected tonight and early tmw AM.

Justice's seizure threshold must be down, either from the rabies vacc or the surgery or discomfort-he is quiet, and seems somewhat depressed. He also has been breaking through with partials/CP's during the storm.

Justie doesn't "complain" that he is pain-but I think he still is--so the Rimadyl will continue. His incisions look great--well actually I haven't checked the one on his leg since this afternoon, and it was fine then. I can see the neck one (they both have blue stitches, since he is black in the 2 area's), but he is curled up on my pillow in a tight little ball, and I don't want to bother his.

I can put ice on either place for swelling if I need to, but so far I haven't needed to do that. As soon as he wakes I will check his leg though since he certainly is so quiet and clingy. It may be from the seizures he has been having this eve, but he worries me a little.

If he had a general anesthetic, I would be blaming it for his depression (or whatever u want to call it)-but he didn't.

Tuck is doing fine-didn't break through so far -go figure! He is sleeping beside me. He has played a lot today, so he is tired.

Hi Monique, thanks for checking in. I am glad to hear Coqui has been seizure free. The pics are just adorable. Keira is growing so fast!!

I am hanging in there-just tired and a bit worried, but I'll be OK. Thanks!

Hugs to u and the family!

Hi Deb, Riley and Tuck have the same color.

Tuck is green

Justice is purple

Abbie is blue

Rustie is red

Gunner is maroon

Justice is wearing one of David's T-shirts that Nancy put together a long time ago after Gunner had some surgery. He looks like a ragamuffin. lol.

Last night the lights were out at the stairs, and I called for Justice to come to bed. Well he has no collar on (so no tag noise), but I saw something white coming up-it was Justice in his t-shirt. He is soooo cute...and brave!

ROTFLMAO-the boys have put me thru what ur guys did last night-only thankfully they are much smaller. I can picture everything u wrote. It's funny...and yet it isn't-especially in the middle of the night!!

hugs to u and the kids.

Hi Laurie, well I wish Justice hadn't fallen off again this eve-but I am so happy he had such a great long ride. I hope as he feels better, his seizure threshold will get higher.

Yup it's gonna be a friendly, innocent harmless little thing!!! It has to be.

I should get results either Tuesday oe Wed.

We think of u every single day. Big hugs to u and the kitties-esp sweet Coot (kiss his belly for me please!).

Storms are forecast for very early AM. I hope that forecast is wrong!!

Thanks so much angels!

Dear Justice;

Wow what a day you had at the vets the other day! My brothers friends dog just had three tumors removed yesterday, two in the groin area and one in his mouth. He's a 150 pd rottie and a real sweetie of a dog. Anyway, the vet said the one in the mouth and the smaller one he thinks were just fatty tumors, but the other one was huge and had lots of blood sources to it, he's worried about that one....

Now I have two pups to keep in my prayers while they await news on recent tumor removals...hoping for lots of good news....

Now it's time to jump back on the train little guy...hurry Tuck is getting ahead this time ;)

Dear Tuckie;

You are the sweetest little boy, you know how to make your mama feel better and all!

Cindy;

I hope you continue to feel better! We all love you!

Hugs to you all;

Nancy

I have got to admit Cindy, even thinking of you having to use the C word in connection with the boys is unbearable. I just can't accept that this would happen after all you have been through. I am praying real hard for you all. That was one great run that Justie had, huh? And now little Tuck is going to try to set some records for his mama.

Love and big Husky hugs,

Debbie and Jack

Little Justice had a GM. Another storm is coming-maybe that's why. I have a feeling it may be a few days before he gets back on the track.

Tuck is still doing OK.

Deer Auntie Nancy, Justice can't write nuthing right now as he has valium up his butt and even a spell checker wouldn't help.

Butt we is vewwwwy sorry another doggy had tings taken off like Justie. We hopes he just has friendly, innocent, harmless little tings like our Auntie Juli hopes for Justice.

I hopes Justie and me can bee's on that train together vewwwwwwwwwy soon!

Mommy says thanks fer the prayers!!

hugs to kitties and to u! Tuck

THanks so muchness angels. I hears rumbley thunder <sigh>.

Love,

Tucker

I have got to admit Cindy, even thinking of you having to use the C word in connection with the boys is unbearable. I just can't accept that this would happen after all you have been through. I am praying real hard for you all. That was one great run that Justie had, huh? And now little Tuck is going to try to set some records for his mama.

Love and big Husky hugs,

Debbie and Jack

Hi Debbie, boy did u say exactly what I feel. It would be unbearable. I can barely stand to think abt it. I believe he has a foreign body -maybe a pine needle that poked him, and left a small tiny part og a needle in it/

Justie sure did have a great run! It may take a little time to get back on the train-but it will happen!

SEnding lots of love and hugs to u and Jack!

Well since Justice broke thru, he won't have the train today--I will go ahead and do Tuckie's!

Tuckiebutt is at SIX DAY'S!!!

==============T :icecream5::1icecream::turtle: ============

came by to check how the boys are doing with all this storm activity :( Sorry to see they jumped off the trains and hope tonights storms don't take them off again.

You are always in our thoughts !! :hugs:

Michelle , I didn't see ur post. I have been worrying abt Syd tonight, Definitely some bad storms. Another round of storms is nearly upon us again. Then I think it'a over for a few days--I hope.

I hope this last one misses u guys! Thunder is in the distance here.

hugs to u , Syd and Charlie

Good Morning Cindy: I hope it is late morning so I know you have had at least a couple hours of rest.

I was very happy to hear the anemia seems to have cleared up with Justice. That is a GOOD sign to me, especially when the tumor (or whatever) showed up. I hope he hops back on his train soon. And I hope the news this week is NEGATIVE (as in No C).

It finally hit me. I've known two people with AIP and both of you have been the most caring and upbeat people. I remember how hard it was to get the diagnosis for my friend, as he traveled to remote corners of the world with business, which widened the possibilities. They had even called in the experts on tropical parasites until finally the purple/blue symptom made the diagnosis. It just amazes me how you keep going and going despite it!

Hugs to you and the boys, and Carol and David and all the rest of the Ohio gang.

Paula

I'm confused... what happened to the thread? It took me a long time to realize I'm in the right place. :huh: My guess is that it's a way of saving space... hummmmm... it's still confusing. :wacko: I'm afraid I'm going to miss something here if I don't read all the posts. :unsure:

Anyway.. I'm so sorry Justie fell off the train again. Hoping and praying he jumps right back on and joins Tucker, and together they will cross country on dueling trains.

I'm with you.. every time it storms I think about Sydney and Justice and Tucker. All three of them. The storm here last night lasted maybe an hour, but it wasn't as bad as the other night... my gosh, that one was a doozy.

I'm glad you're feeling better, but if you were getting some (unbroken) rest, you'd be doing even better than you are. I just worry about you so much. I can't wait to get a car so I can come to visit you. You're only about an hour and a half away...so close and yet so far :mellow:

Give the boys some gentle hugs from Auntie Jo and bunches of nose kisses from the Westie cousins.

Love & Hugs

Hi Cindy, I hope you got some sleep last night. I was looking at the weather map and it was all over Ohio. I'm not exactly sure where you are but I figured you were in the middle of it. It looked like we were going to get a big storm last night, but it broke up before it got to us. Up north however they got it bad. They had a bad storm earlier in the week and it took down huge tree's and uprooted sidewalks with them. We've been lucky, most of the storms have gone around us.

I'm sorry Justice is off the train again. I'm sure everything he had done the other day and the storms aren't helping him. But I know he will get back on soon. just a little hiccup is all. I'm so proud of Tuckie, good for him for getting to 6 days YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Every time I see those trains the song Train Kept A Rollin All Night Long plays in my head.

Yep those darn dogs think they have to protect me from anything that goes bump in the night. And Riley has a habit of going thru window screens. I had to buy shutters to put on the windows but I know if he really wanted to he could bust thru those too, so when he gets going I make sure to try to stop him. He got a belly rub out of it though so he was really happy.

I just wanted to tell you that Rosi sends all her thoughts and prayers for Justice that the results come back negative next week. I posted on the other forum because not only with Charlie's lump and Justices but my friends beautiful pitt bull got hit by a car on Monday and was killed. He was a wonderful dog, his daddy works at the bar doing odd jobs and on Sundays when I would pull in Spot would come running over to my truck and when I opened the door he'd put his paws up on the floor board and give me a great big cuddle and kisses. He was all white with a few black "spots" on is right ear, hence where he got his name. This Sunday is going to be very hard because he won't be there to greet me when I go to work.

I hope that the storms are over and you and the boys can relax and not worry about that nasty loud thunder stuff.

Sending loads of hugs and love

The boys are doing pretty well. Tuck is still on track with his 6 days. I am hoping by tmw Justice will be back on track--esp with his big brother -t would be nice to see dual trains again!

Hi Paula2, Now that is just weird that u know of 2 people with AIP!! It's a rare disease and most docs haven't seen it. I am glad it seems with some docs anyway to be easier to diagnose, becuz a couple years ago a friend with abdominal pain was checked for AIP. Shocked me!

It appears that for many people with AIP trying to get a diagnosis for their abdominal pain and all the other symptoms, it at least won't take years now. If patients tell their physicians that when they are having the pain, they also have purple/reddish urine-and the doc pays attention--it shouldn't be that hard.

I was just watching Mystery Diagnosis, or it may have been Diagnosis X (they both have had porphyria episodes-one a woman, one a man). The one with the woman said she just never thought to tell anyone abt the urine color change when she had abdominal pain. I was getting so frustrated during that episode-telling the woman-c'mon u need to tell abt the urine.

I actually did tell a doc, but I also had chronic pyelonephritis at the time--so they thought I was seeing blood.

Finally one doc got a urine and set it on the ledge in the sunlight (just like on TV) and came in and said-"Cindy, I know what's wrong with u"--such sweet words!

They actully tested me for several tropical diseases-but unlike ur friend I have never been out of the country-seemed really dumb to me. But, what a nightmare for ur friend and th doc!

Ummmmm so...how is ur friend?

Trust me I am not always upbeat! But u guys support is phenominal-u make getting thru a lot of this way easier then if I was alone.

Thanks so much for being here and always supporting me and the boys!

hugs to u and the kids!

I'm confused... what happened to the thread? It took me a long time to realize I'm in the right place. My guess is that it's a way of saving space... hummmmm... it's still confusing. I'm afraid I'm going to miss something here if I don't read all the posts.

OK, Joanna, u have confused me--what did u mean abt what happened to the thread??

I have to admit, the broken up sleep is a killer. I did get abt 3 hours total of sleep awhile after Justie's GM. I told the boys I am running on empty, so I hope all is quiet the rest of the eve/night!

I hope Gidge is feeling better then she has been since her spay.

Hugs to u and the kids!

Hi Deb, the bad weather sure was all thru Ohio. I think all the other Ohioans are in the Northeast part of the state. I am in the Northcentral part of Ohio--so more north then the middle of Ohio. It didn't seem like the rumblings would ever stop!

I am glad it bypassed u.

That was sweet of u to tell Rosi (what other forum?), and very kind of her to send thoughts and prayers for Justice.

He just has to be fine!

I am terribly sorry abt ur friends Pit Bull. How very sad. I am sad for u too, that u won't see him where u always do. Please tell ur friend how sorry I am.

Hugs to u and the boys.

No thunderstorms predicted tonight-- and hopefully no brain storms either!!

I could use more then a couple hours sleep, but even moreso, I worry it's painful for Justice to have the GM's becuz of the surgery on his leg. With the jerking/paddling it has to not feel good!

Justice still seems to not feel well, so mommy is gonna snuggle with both boys.

Thanks so much angels!!!

OK, Joanna, u have confused me--what did u mean abt what happened to the thread??

I have to admit, the broken up sleep is a killer. I did get abt 3 hours total of sleep awhile after Justie's GM. I told the boys I am running on empty, so I hope all is quiet the rest of the eve/night!

I hope Gidge is feeling better then she has been since her spay.

Hugs to u and the kids!

Ok Cindy.. now this is just toooooooooo weird. Either I'm going nuts or it takes my computer a heck of a long time to catch up with things. Here is what I'm talking about.....

You know how on the top of each thread page.. is the first post from an IMOM volunteer...then there is the last post that was posted.. and below that is a separate division that says "Posts in this topic" and then the links to each post? Well..... this is going to sound weird to all of you, because right now I feel like I'm in the flippin Twilight Zone right now, :unsure: because I never saw it that way until today. Up until today, I saw the entire posts not just the links... oh my gosh... how weird. :ohmy: The only way I found out it's been like this is that I was chatting with Debs, and I mentioned it to her. She told me it's been like this for months. Now... I know I'm slow... but my gosh.. not THAT slow. :glare: I'm wondering if it may be my computer or something... who knows... it's just tooooooooooooo weird. I've got to say, I'm feeling very strange right now, and Rod Serling is almost in sight... this is just too doggone weird. Wow! I wonder if anyone else had this happen or if it's just me... get the rubber room ready. :wacko:

Anyway, I'm really happy Tuck is hanging on the train. Praying Justie will get back on it soon (very soon).

Ok.. I'm gonna go find some thorazine and lock myself up in a rubber room until this computer starts making sense to me again.... I swear.. I can't figure it out.

Love & Hugs

Edited by MikesMom

Joanna's comment about the thread confused me too... but that's easy to do. I think she must have inverted the order that she sees the postings :blink: That's how fast it can happen.

Skeet, my friend with AIP, was well into his 50s and had just come back from filming a PBS documentary when he virtually collapsed and was rushed to the hospital. He was failing and they could not figure out why. He later described the color as blue, but I guess purple is more accurate (he was colorblind too). He went long spells between episodes, but just like you, the minute the docs in the hospital saw the color they knew the diagnosis.

Skeet will always be right here :wub: but he passed away a few years back - leukemia.

Now you know how my kittie Skeeter got her name.

It looks like tonight we're going to have the storms, so I pray they bypass Ohio, and give you and the boys some peaceful sleeping time.

Paula

OH MY GOSH!!! I'M NOT CRAZY AFTER ALL (well maybe a little bit, but I got the threads straightened out)... I hate to say it but DEBS CAN DO ANYTHING. I guess (somehow) on the options, my display got set to "outline" and when I set it back to "standard" I got back what I was use to seeing. I could think of some really great lines for comedy right now... but at this moment in time, I'm just glad to be back in the "real" world. If any of you have no idea what I'm talking about, go up to options and click on "outline" and you'll see what I saw when I came here today that really threw me off guard.

I'm not going to say thanks to Debs... she's already laughing at me (and probably so is everyone else)... oh well the thorazine won't go to waste. :lol: (just kidding).

Love you all

North Central, okay I have an idea now. I always look on the weather map to see what's coming and I always check Ohio too for you and Joanna. Now I have a general idea of where you are.

It was very sad about Spot, he wasn't that old either maybe 4-5. I'm going to miss him so much I'm already dreading work tomorrow.

I'm on another forum in based in the UK, its where I met Rosi. I found them after Jake and Riley had their first fight and I got bit. They are my life savers, without them I probably would have rehomed one of my dogs. They helped me out and gave me advice, courage and support. I'm so glad I found them, I would be lost without one of my boys. And like here I've made some wonderful friends.

I'm so glad the boys are both doing well. I hope that Justice is back on the train tomorrow. It will be great to see dual trains again. How are you doing? I hope you are feeling better now that your tube is fixed. I'm thinking of you.

Hugs to you and the boys.

I'm not going to say thanks to Debs... she's already laughing at me (and probably so is everyone else)... oh well the thorazine won't go to waste. :lol: (just kidding).

Love you all

Oh c'mon you have to admit it was funny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW I can't do Everything, just a lot of things, Joanna took too much thorazine I think ;)

BTW Joanna I'm glad your back from the twilight zone. :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0