Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Linda IMOM

Tucker and Justice Van Allen - Part 6

1,322 posts in this topic

Cindy, I got the most delightful picture of you cuddled up with the boys as the wind howled outside. :wub: I sure hope that wind has stopped and I am so glad to see the boys moving on down the tracks.

That was so selfless of you to appeal for Mike's funding. I know you have to be worried about your own babies. That is what makes you so special. :heart: And isn't Deb wonderful. Thank you dear friend for helping Tucker so unselfishly. We are truly blessed to be here together and it warms my heart to know that soon Tucker will be funded and you can get those meds for him.

:thanks3: Please Angels, Tucker is so close and we want him to keep making progress! His mom is always the first to support and help all of us here at IMOM. Now she needs our help. She loves her boys so.

Wishing you and the boys many blessings in the next year, Thanks so much for being such a dear friend to me and Jack,

Love and big Husky hugs, :dogsled:

Debbie and Jack

Edited by debbie and jack

Aw Debbie, u are so special. You are still raising funds for jack--and here u are trying to help Tuckie. Hmmm sounds familar!

I'm sure u have many of the same feelings as I do:

You know we all wish with all our hearts, that we could financially help every single PIN here, but sadly we aren't able to--we can't even totally cover what our own kids need. There are times my heart literally aches that I can't just send a PIN to All Funds Raised. So I try to be a cheerleader and sometimes even beg like I did for Mike, that they get funded. It makes me feel a tiny bit like I helped too. Plus I really love all the furkids here.

I think all of us care and love each others kids, and would do anything to help each other.

With Mike, OMG I was so worried. I knew the angels would come through, but I kept putting myself in Joanna's place seeing the clots, cleaning up blood, worried there is no pee but only blood and scared to death he would block. To me this was a huge emergency, and I was scared help may come too late. So I absolutely wanted help for Mike before Tucker.

But ya know what Debbie. I know u feel the same.

hugs to u and Jack!

Yup, Deb is an incredibly giving friend, and me and the boys sure love her. Whether as a donor or before being a donor as an emotional supporter--she has always been one of our angels.

Thanks so much angels!!

Tuck had a mild CP at 9PM. He is ataxic again...

They both are sleeping. I love them so much. :heart:

Thanks so much angels.

awww Cindy and Debbie you make me blush :blush: It breaks my heart every time I see a pin on here that needs help and I just can't do it. I know I can't do everything but I want to.

Wow Cindy sounds like Justice is in for a long haul on this food challenge. I hope you can get the rice figured out, I have heard from a lot of people that its good for an upset tummy. I know when I don't feel well thats what I will have and it does help. I hope that he is feeling better today and his tummy isn't hurting.

Yep Jake and Riley both love the other food. Another thing is its the smaller kibbles which go in and out of their treat bottles easier.

Poor Tucker, I hope you and both boys got a good nights sleep and the winds die down so Tuckie won't be scared.

C'mon Angels, Tucker only needs $29 a month to get fully funded. His Mom Cindy is so wonderful, cheering on all the other PINS and helping them to get their funding. Now its her turn, she needs just a little bit more for her baby Tucker, who is such a sweetie, how could you not fall in love with him. Please please help even just a one time donation will work too.

C'mon Angels, Tucker only needs $29 a month to get fully funded. ..... Please please help even just a one time donation will work too.

Who could resist a plea like that?? TC :stripekitty: wants me to make a special one time pledge for her bestest friend - woke me up in the middle of the night with a dream. Bridgepets at work!! Sending lots of love! And hoping everyone is feeling better!

:hugs:

Thanks so much Angel Diana S. and Angel TC, too. Aren't those bridge pets wonderful.

Oh Diana... Thank you so much for helping out our little Tuckie. What a wonderful tribute to Angel TC.

And Deb... You too... you are such a wonderful support for all of the PIN's and parents. God Bless You Both.. and God Bless All of The Angels who are donating to Tuck's fund and sending prayers for Cindy and both of the boys.

Cindy,

I can't thank you enough for your love and effort to get Mike funded. You have so much on your plate, and yet you send out pleas for Mr. Mike. Please know how very much we appreciate it. I am truly humbled by all the love and caring we find in your heart as well as in the hearts of the other IMOM family members.

My prayers for Tucker are that he will become fully sponsored soon. Please Angels... $29 a month is all that's needed. Even if we can get only $5 a month from 4 different people and $4 a month from one person... Tucker will be fully sponsored. Please help him out. His Mom has been so supportive to the rest of us, and especially to Mike in his critical time of need. We'd love to see our boy sponsored soon.

Cindy, I'm wondering here... since Justice was doing so well on the venison and rice.. why in the world does he still have to go through all the challenges that really seem to give him bad reactions? Can't he just stay on the V&R? I guess I just can't figure it out.

I hope the wind slows down there for you. Mike could care less about the wind... unless it blows the garbage cans around next to the house.. then he thinks someone's out there and there's no shutting him up until I go out and fix them so they can't move. He's a brave little guy.. even with fireworks and (huge) thunder.. he may bark cuz he doesn't know what it is, but he's a toughie and doesn't cower. :motimonkey:

Cindy.. I want to thank you again for all of your love and support. I hope someday soon we can meet in person. I'd love to find out where all of us Ohio people are and maybe in the Spring find a common meeting place (in a park or something) where we can have an IMOM reunion with all of our babies.

Edited by MikesMom

Hi Cindy,

I hope our 2 sweet boys are doing OK today, and that you are, too. I'm sorry they have been having seizure troubles lately. Cody and I hope the New Year brings you and the boys much love and happiness, good health, and long LONG seizure-free trains.

Tracy and Cody :heart::stripekitty:

I love them so much. :heart:

I think you know there are an awful lot of aunties and uncles out here that feel this way, too.

I'm sorry both boys have been having such a hard time lately. I know we all want to see loooooooooooooooong choo-choos for both of them.

I checked in earlier when I was checking on Mike, and I saw Diana's post abt TC. I couldn't post then Diana, even though I wanted to tell u how grateful I am for the one time donation (I will order the meds tmw-THANK YOU, and thank u to all Tuckie's angels...and Justice's too!!), but I was so overwhelmed by what u said abt TC, I had to wait and come back, becuz I couldn't see the screen.

As u well know TC, like Kim's Teddie, was very very special to me. I loved TC so much. When Diana lost TC I felt such sadness that is hard to believe for a little kitty I had never met. That girl sure wiggled permanently into my heart!

I have missed u Diana, and it really means a lot--esp coming from u and TC. :stripekitty::heart:

Thank you!

It also took me even longer then expected to come and post after my doc appts today, becuz I saw the results of Mike's surgery. Please anyone if u can, go over to Mike's thread (AFR) to support Joanna. :broken_heart:

Justice is hanging in there.

Tuck started acting strange again last night. He had a CP this afternoon. He isn't as manic as he was for the 6-7 days, but he is not acting right again. I left a message today at the neuro's and he wants to see Tuck tmw. He is concerned and wants to do a neuro check on him. I told them that tmw Tuck of course will be fine since I am taking him to see the neuro (I hope it will be...but I wish he could see how Tuck has been acting). I do hope this will suffice for his 6 month check up that he and Justice have on Feb 5th. Maybe I won't have to take Tuck again in Feb. We'll see.

Thanks Deb for doing such a great job of cheerleading!! I spoke with the allergist today, and we have a schedule (so far) of what and when Justice will be challenged with food. We want to get as much in before Spring, when it may be a lot more difficult for me to tell if he is itching from something blooming in the Spring, or a food. Two of the things will be brown rice for a week, then a week off and white rice for a week and then a week off. I also wanted to put dairy in soon so he can have yogurt so he will get yogurt and cheese for a week (he will love that challenge. LOL) and I want bread in the challenge so he can get his meds again in bread-although he loves getting them in oatmeal.

Let me know how Jakey does off the new food!!!

hugs to u and the boys

Hi Joanna, I know u may not be here for awhile. But I just want to say we love u and Mike. Please give him hugs and kisses when he gets home. My heart aches for u...

Love and hugs

Cindy, I'm wondering here... since Justice was doing so well on the venison and rice.. why in the world does he still have to go through all the challenges that really seem to give him bad reactions? Can't he just stay on the V&R? I guess I just can't figure it out.

Joanna asked that question, and some others may be wondering it too. The problem is Justice is only 5 years old, and with his GI disease may need some food changes in his life, so we want to know what allergies he has now. One reason we want to do all we can now is, that anytime before u start a food challenge u need to do a 12 week period of only feeding a novel food to Justice--that's why he is on the crappy Eukanuba Kangaroo/Oats--he never had that before. So we are finally at a place (after 12 long weeks) that we can add small amounts of foods and test to see if he has any reactions.

We won't test every single food, but ones he may be exposed to. We also want to know what out of the Lamb and Rice food he was allergic to--especially if it was any of the rices. As much as I hate not wanting to continue him on the Euk K/O (he has to stay on it the whole time until all the challenges are done)--I would hate to go thru a 12 week period with another novel protein. So, we'll stick it out.

Hi Tracy, I hope we can get something figured out with Tuckie tmw. I have to tell u I have two fears--the neuro will want to add another seizure medication...or he will want to do what he did with Justice, and take him off all meds...cold turkey.

That would scare the sh*# out of me. Justice has been an epi and on meds for 2 years and went through heck. It has though been a very positive thing for him so far... after getting through withdrawal...

Tuckie on the other hand has been an epi for 7 years and on many meds. I kind of think he would not try what he did with Justice, but I am preparing myself if he brings it up!

SO LOL, I am worried abt him adding a med, and worried abt him taking him of meds. How weird is that!!??!!

I hope Cody is doing well. Hugs to u both.

Hi Laurie, thanks so much. It does help immensely knowing how aunties and uncles feel abt the boys.

We sure had Coot going for awhile...it will happen again.

hugs

Tuckies appt is not until 3PM, so I won't be back to update until evening.

Thanks so much angels.

Hi Cindy and boys,

I am glad that Justice is hanging in there. I hope the neuro has some answers for Tuckie. Poor guy. That doesn't sound weird at all, being worried about either adding or removing meds. I know how it is any time they change something - it's impossible not to worry about the potential effects. I hope that if the neuro decides to change anything, it works out fine.

Cody sends headbutts and purrs, and I send :hugs:

Hi everyone.

I just talked with Cindy and she asked if I'd give you an update for her. She's quite upset and probably won't get on the computer tonight.

Tucker's neuro appointment was not good.

The neuro thinks one of 3 things is happening.

It COULD be that his lipids are very, very high, and if that's the case they'll see if they can find an even lower fat diet for him and he'd have to start taking a statin drug for cholesterol. It'll probably take a while for the blood test to come back.

But he told Cindy to prepare herself because that would be the best case scenario.

If it's not his lipids then it's probably either encephalitis or a brain tumor.

She said he did a very thorough neuro exam and it wasn't good, and they did a lot of other tests.

If the blook test comes back ok, I don't know what the next step would be, I guess she'll find that out when she gets the report.

If everyone could please send up some prayers or positive thoughts she's appreciate it so much.

I doubt that I'll talk to her again but if I do, I'll update.

I don't usually hope for a need for statins, but in this case, that's what I'm hoping.

Cindy, know that Justice is being held closely in our hearts tonight -- as are you!

Oh Cindy....I'm sorry you've gotten such bad, scary news. Like Kay, I am hoping for the need for statins too.... Sending you some big hugs tonight...and kisses to both boys.

Laura and Chloe

Cindy, know that everyone here at IMOM is praying that Tucker's test come back the best they can...

I will keep you all in my thought and prayers and I know that everyone else will too...Know that we all care and that you are doing absolutely everything you can right now...HUGS, Judy

:sad:

Cindy, the labrdorks and I are holding you close tonight and sending our warmest positive thoughts. I so hope that the next news is good.

Marty, thanks so much for posting for me. I wasn't sure I could come here tonight. I have to say I was absolutely shocked with the news that this is not epilepsy related at all--BUT--it is making his epilepsy worse. He will stay on the increased Keppra.

As Marty said, this is one of 3 things.

1. Hyperlipidemia--basically too much fat in the blood. It's a disease specific to Schnauzers. The neuro suspects that Tuck may be having a form of TIA's (transient ischemic attacks--mini strokes) from the hyperlipidemia. IF this is what is wrong a change in diet is one of the treatments. If that is what is found, then his brain injury will improve very significantly. Since he is already on a lowfat food, he would quite possibly need a statin drug ($$) like a Lipitor. We will get him om an even lower fat food.

2. He said several times to prepare myself, that it may be a brain tumor. If it's not the high lipids...he said it most probably is a brain tumor. Something that points to a brain tumor is the fact his neuro exam is abnormal totally down his left side. He also saw Tucker circling to the left in his office.

I knew something was horribly wrong when he walked in the room. He never said hello, he just walked in and said "cindy, I have a few more questions for you." I saw it on his face before he even opened his mouth.

I said I wished he had seen him when he was at his worst (over the holidays of course), but I was glad he saw what was going on today with Tuck. He said he saw more then he ever wanted to see today with Tucker. He was obviously distressed abt Tuck too.

3. I think it was GME-- some kind of encephalitis. That's truly third on the list--and he feels if it's not high lipids, it's a brain tumor.

He dilated his pupils and Tuck's vessels were tortuous (? ) which happens with high blood pressure, strokes, tumors or high lipids. We ruled out high blood pressure--it was normal.

He will call tmw evening or Saturday, depending when he gets lab results. He went ahead and did all his med levels and all the tests he normally needs for a 6 month exam, as well as a special thyroid test (if it's high lipids--his thyroid is most likely affected too), and special lipid tests.

So, now I wait. Tuck could have a major stroke or small strokes at any time. I am keeping an eye on him, and am to call Dr Fenner with changes.

Tuck has had a CP tonight. He is beside his mommy sleeping right now.

Justice is doing OK. He knows something is going on. Such a good little boy.

Thanks everyone for the support. I am very scared, but trying to stay very positive.

I can't believe I am praying for hyperlipidemia where there will be a major food change and also a heck of a time adjusting his Potassium Bromide to a level that helps his epilepsy. Then the statins-that is SO expensive.

But, I will have my little boy, so I am praying he has high lipids!!

I can't believe though that he may very well have a brain tumor.

Well, there went my being positive.

HIGH LIPIDS, HIGH LIPIDS!!!

Thanks so much angels.

Edited by k9sign

My heart is breaking with you and for you & Tuck Cindy :broken_heart: I don't like hearing the left side ... to the left ... that really worries me. We are still holding you close hun. Hang in there.

:magicmoon: Please Magic kitty watch over Mr. Tuck. His doctor is worried he may have a brain tumor and we pray this isn't the case. Please let him have something that is easily manageable so that he can continue to be healthy enjoy his life with Cindy & Justice.

Hi Cindy,

Just stopped by to check in. I'm so sorry to hear about Tucker. Poor baby!

Just wanted to let you know that I am holding you and the boys close in

thought and prayer. Please Take Care! :hugs:

XOXOXO

Michelle, Daisy and Blue

Tuck has been restless all night. He has had some seizure activity-a couple CP's and a GM.

I am hoping to get to bed now.

Hi Michelle, the neuro said he def has a brain injury from something like mini strokes from high lipids, or a brain tumor. He said there is right cerebral dysfunction. Since the right side of the brain is affected, it causes problem on the left side.

Thanks for caring. I hope Magic Cat is listening...

I hope u are feeling better. Hugs to u and the kids.

Thanks so much angels!

Cindy: We are all praying really, really hard for Tuckie. I'm thankful Tuck has the neurologist he does. It sounds like you are very comfortable with him, and that is so important right now.

Please give Tuckster, and Justie too, a gentle hug from us.

Oh no Cindy, All my thoughts and prayers are on their way. I pray that it isn't a brain tumor and its the Hi Lipids that are doing this. IMOM Bridge 4.gif please please help Tucker and his mom.

Hi Cindy,

Oh, I am so sorry to hear all of this :broken_heart: I am hoping with all my heart that this ends up being the best case scenario, high lipids. Cody and I will have all paws and fingers crossed. I wish there was something more that I can do than just send my best positive thoughts, but you definitely have those. We are here for you.

Cindy, I know you are stressed out to the max with Tucker. I hope he's going to be ok and that you all can fix whatever is going on in his brain.

I do have some good news that may help you feel a little less stressed. Tucker is fully sponsored for his new dosage of Keppra. Plus Tucker received a couple one time donations and now has more than enough in his fund for the next refill of Keppra.

You and Tucker and of course Justice are in my thoughts.

Big Hugs,

Juli

Oh my Cindy, I am stunned.

Was Tuckie postictal when they did the neuro exam?

I hope you can get some rest. Snuggle up to mum boys, she worried.

Sign in to follow this