Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Linda IMOM

Tucker and Justice Van Allen - Part 6

1,322 posts in this topic

Cindy- I hope the 3 of u sleep like babies tonight-- and that does NOT mean up every two hours!

Paula(2)

Cindy I'm so glad its not encephalitis. And I'm praying its not a tumor. I hope the ACE lets you all get some sleep tonight. All my thoughts and prayers and loads of love and hugs being sent.

Hey Cindy...

The only thing I could say is DITTO DEB.. exactly. Wow.. what an experience you've had today. I pray you get some much deserved and needed sleep tonight too.

I called Debbie earlier and told her what was going on. I'll call her now, too, and give her the news. Please give Tucker some extra scritches and nose kisses from us tonight.. and give Justice the same. As far as you.. well.. you get all the hugs you can imagine.

God Bless You, My Friend!

Oh Cindy, Dear sweet Joanna has been keeping me posted all day. I feel like I held my breath all day and can finally let it out. I bet that is the way you feel too. The tension in your body must be terrific, so be sure to take cleansing breaths.

I think you need a spa day after all this, so you and the boys visualize yourself at the spa tonite and get some healing sleep.

You are never far from my mind, dear friend.

Love and big soft husky hugs, :dogsled:

Debbie and Jack

ps School is kicking my patootie!

Cindy, I am so glad it is not encephalitis, and hopefully not a tumor either...but I am so sorry it seems like poor Tuckie had a big stroke :(((

Please know that you and the boys will be in my thoughts and prayers.....I hope so much that you all get a peaceful night full of good sleep...

lots of hugs from the zoo....

Vicky

I am here Cindy - just trying to abosrb the vet report.

Has Tuck had a CT before? Just wondering if he had a CT they can compare it to.

Get some rest, I know you are exhausted. Hugs to Tuckie for being a good boy today. Hugs to Justice - just because h'es soo sweet.

Hi Cindy,

Just catching up on our boy. Sounds like the vets appointment was a success in that you got some answers, even if not what we wanted. I'm so sorry to hear it may have been a stroke. However, recovery from strokes just takes time, so it's possible that he will continue to improve. There are young children that have strokes for no apparant reason, maybe our boy is just one of them.

Hugs and prayers from the boys and me,

splight, Sunny and Buddy

Hi Cindy

I had to be sure to check in on your puppy and you tonight...I'm glad he has no encephalitis and will be praying for no tumors...

You are in our prayers. Hope you get some rest and T is sleeping well tonight.

Best Wishes

Monique and Coqui

Wow, what a day and what a report. I'm so sorry to hear that Tucker probably had a stroke. I hope he'll be comfortable tonight and can get back on a normal sleep schedule. If you find the trick for the normal sleep schedule, can you pass some hints along for me? :)

Can Tuck take anything to help reduce the swelling in his brain, or is that just something that will happen over time? I hope the aggression will subside, too. Tuck's such a trooper...please give him a hug and a smooch from me. You're all in my prayers.

Diane

By gosh, if you guys can't get sleep, none of you are going to be able to recover in any sifnificant way. I know that us humans can get grumpy when we are sleep deprived so I am sure that it goes the same for our four legged babies! Poor Tuck :unsure: Feeling lousy and exhausted, ya I would be grumpy too!

Tell him for me to get a good night rest so he can start feeling better.

Here is some sleepy time incentives!

post-2010-1200459155_thumb.jpgpost-2010-1200459169_thumb.jpg

post-2010-1200459183_thumb.jpgpost-2010-1200459196_thumb.jpg

post-2010-1200459208_thumb.jpgpost-2010-1200459272_thumb.jpg

Sweet dreams to you all!

love and hugs,

Cynthia

Edited by Sequia

Hey Kid...

Just stopped in before Mike makes me go to bed. I hope by now you and the boys are sleeping and resting peacefully. I'll check in on you again tomorrow. You're always in my prayers. Sweet Dreams.

Love, Blessings, :hugs: & Tons of Wet Nose Kisses!!!

Editing to add to Cynthia's "restful" pictures...

PRAYING THAT YOU ARE THIS COMFORTABLE AND STRESS FREE!!

post-2367-1200461254_thumb.jpg

Edited by MikesMom

I was away from the puter most of today ( had another GB attack.. so I was drugged up most of the day)... but that doesn't mean I wasn't thinking of you all day. I even told Syd when she was snoozin' in my lap that she better be praying for Tucker. She grunted in affirmation.

I am so glad that the chances of a tumor are slim. Stroke is not the best news, but it's also not the worst and one that can be worked with.

I hope you all are SOUND asleep right now and know that I'll stay up all hours of the night FOR YOU from now on ;)

:hugs:

I am so very lucky to have all of u as friends. I appreciated and loved each post, It is so obvious ur posts come from a place of love for Tuckie and his mommy and brother.

I am exhausted and yet wound up. I KNOW I should just go to bed, since the boys are fast asleep and snoring--yup Tuck is fast asleep.

I actually know why I am still awake. This will sound really dumb...but...it suddenly hit me that Tuck could have died while he was having a stroke on Dec 23. That's the first day he paced all night long--it had to be that day.

Niki said tonight that the stroke signs totally depend on where the "vascular accident" happens. Well every sign from the area of "injury" occurred, has similar symptoms as what Tuckie has with epilepsy seizures or when he has had butt meds for a seizure.

It just makes me think how will I know if it happens again??

I thank each and every one of u for posting. It means a lot to me to read ur caring posts.

Cynthia the pics are sooo cute. I am getting sleepy. May just need to go to bed very soon after seeing the kitties!!! hugs

Linda, no, Tuck has never had a CT scan before. Niki is concerned that he still has significant swelling after 3 weeks..but it must be improving. I think steroids are effective in the first 72 hours. The neuro MAY put him on a low dose of Aspirin daily, but at the moment he said just totally focus on changing his nightime pacing! hugs!

Oh Michelle, I am so sorry u had another GB attack. Been there done that myselj! Feel better.

Monique it's so nice u came here--thanks so much. I will check on Coqui tmw.

Thank you everyone for ur posts!

I really better get to bed--it's nearing 3AM, and I have no idea how I am still awake.

Tuck is snoring--the ACE is working, so far.

g'nite!

Thanks angels!!!!!

I know why you were awake...you were running on all engines for days...let's hope now you can take it easy and get back into a quiet mode...

Of all the things that could have been, let's hope that this was a one time only thing and that Tuckie is going to just do better...

You and the boys have a wonderful bunch of friends that are sending positive thoughts and prayers and words of wisdom to you...that sure counts for something.

Tucker is a strong little boy...he's going to do everything he can do rally, we all know that...

Now, take some deep breathes today and try to just set back and watch the world go by...do some snuggling and cuddling with the boys and maybe even take a nap...You know that we are all with you in spirit...I know that that helps. HUGS, Judy

I actually know why I am still awake. This will sound really dumb...but...it suddenly hit me that Tuck could have died while he was having a stroke on Dec 23. That's the first day he paced all night long--it had to be that day.

Cindy......DON'T go there. You are going to make yourself sick with those thoughts. The point is, he

didn't. You need to put this in God's hands. Tuck will sense your anxiety and worry about this and that is not good for him, or you. Nor is it good for Justice either.

I realize that it is difficult to do but if that were to happen, he is with you and that is what he would want I am sure. Take day by day, minute by minute. We must remember to thank God for every day we have with our fur kids because all our time is short.

I was devastated when I found CJ. I was mad at myself for not holding him while he passed. I felt that there would have been something I could have done to save him. But then I think God told me that CJ went to be alone for a reason....it would have really done me in if I was holding him.

Big hugs to you all

Cynthia

Edited by Sequia

I am so very lucky to have all of u as friends. I appreciated and loved each post, It is so obvious ur posts come from a place of love for Tuckie and his mommy and brother.

I am exhausted and yet wound up. I KNOW I should just go to bed, since the boys are fast asleep and snoring--yup Tuck is fast asleep.

Niki said tonight that the stroke signs totally depend on where the "vascular accident" happens. Well every sign from the area of "injury" occurred, has similar symptoms as what Tuckie has with epilepsy seizures or when he has had butt meds for a seizure.

It just makes me think how will I know if it happens again??

I thank each and every one of u for posting. It means a lot to me to read ur caring posts.

Cynthia the pics are sooo cute. I am getting sleepy. May just need to go to bed very soon after seeing the kitties!!! hugs

Linda, no, Tuck has never had a CT scan before. Niki is concerned that he still has significant swelling after 3 weeks..but it must be improving. I think steroids are effective in the first 72 hours. The neuro MAY put him on a low dose of Aspirin daily, but at the moment he said just totally focus on changing his nightime pacing! hugs!

Oh Michelle, I am so sorry u had another GB attack. Been there done that myselj! Feel better.

Monique it's so nice u came here--thanks so much. I will check on Coqui tmw.

Thank you everyone for ur posts!

I really better get to bed--it's nearing 3AM, and I have no idea how I am still awake.

Tuck is snoring--the ACE is working, so far.

g'nite!

Thanks angels!!!!!

Hi

I'm glad T is getting some sleep. I can fully understand you stress, I'd be up with Coqui too. We are praying all the best for him. I'll be checking your post for updates.

Take care

Monique' and Coqui

Hi, Cindy -

I'm so sorry to hear Tucker had a stroke...but I'm glad it isn't encephalitis! I have to agree with what others have said - don't make yourself crazy thinking about what might have happened, or what might happen in the future. None of us knows what tomorrow holds. Some of our loved ones, who seem in perfect health today, could be gone tomorrow. Others, who seem at death's door, might rally and live for years. Aliens from the planet Krypton might invade and wipe us all out. :-) Okay, I'm being silly. (The alians are really called Airedaleans, and they've already invaded, disguised as Airedale Terriers. :-) Sorry, inside joke from the Airedale list.) But I think you know what I mean. Enjoy, and treasure, every day with your boys. Don't waste time worrying about what might happen someday. That just takes time away that you could be spending enjoying the NOW. I think that's one of the things that makes dogs so special - they always live in the present. They don't hold grudges, or beat themselves up over the past. And they don't worry about the future. We can learn a lot from them...

Hugs and prayers to you all,

Roberta and Chance

Hi Cindy, I hope you and the boys had a wonderful nights sleep. Roberta has some wise words there. Keep positive thoughts, I know I am. More love hugs and kisses to you and the boys.

Good God Girl... Tuck was FINALLY sleeping peacefully, and YOU STAY AWAKE!!! Now... how does THAT make sense???? :wacko: On the other hand.... it really does NOT sound dumb. I'm sure we can all understand how you were feeling last night, but just remember... Tuck is a strong little cookie, and it won't do him any good if you're just sitting there staring at him... especially when he's so doggone comfortable and sleeping.... BUT... we do understand your doing it. I'm sure many of us have felt and done the same thing (not me of course... because I "never" worry :blush: )

As someone said here (not sure who it was without going back on all the posts)... even children have strokes, and who can figure out "why"... but people (and pets) can recuperate from a stroke... I guess out of everything else they could have found... we're lucky... that if it "had" to be something... that it's something they he can bounce back from.

Hang in there my friend. Our hearts and prayers are always with you. Give those little guys a bunch of belly rubs and nose kisses from Mike & Auntie Jo.

Love You Bunches! :heart:

Tucker is doing fine...well except for the fact that he looks like a poodle that also has a weird square shaved at the base of his skull.

I don't know why it didn't strike me as so funny yesterday-well I guess I do know why. I'm sure Tuck doesn't think it's THAT funny--but it is rather amusing. Poor little guy though with all 4 legs in the poodle cut.

I guess I thought to get the CSF (cerebrospinal fluid) they would go in the middle of the back. I didn't realize it would be at the base of his skull--it makes sense that would be where they would take it, but I'm kind of glad I didn't know at the time.

Tuckie slept until 5:30AM (Justice had to go outside), and both boys went out quickly and right back to sleep. I was woken at 7:15AM by whiskers and a gentle licking on the side of my face--it was Tuckie, and it was time for his meds. He is not going to let anything stop him from getting meds. LOL

It was soooo sweet.

Ohhhh and excpet for the 2 CP's late evening--he had no seizures during the night!!!

I am hoping Tuck has as good a night as last night--so we can all sleep.

Hi Judy, u are right--Tuckie IS a strong little boy!

No one is home, but David should be soon, and then the boys and I will be snuggling and hopefully grabbing a nap. Rustie keeps barking becuz her daddy is gone, so once he is home there should be quiet again!! love and hugs

Hi Cynthia, I totally believe that CJ went without u being there for a reason. I remember thinking that when u posted abt angel CJ.

Thanks for ur words of encouragement!!! love and hugs

Hi Monique, it is hard to not stay awake with these epi's. LOL, they sleep like babies and we just wait IN CASE something happens. It makes no sense--but hard not to do!!

love and hugs

Hi Roberta, I had looked up that form of encephalitis-I am so glad he didn't have it.

LOL Airedaleans--now that whole "inside" joke from ur list is hysterical.

You know, I would be saying all that u said to others too (I guess I'm pretty smart. LOL)--but boy sometimes it's hard to take ur own advice!! I know what u, Cynthia and everyone else has said is absolutely true.

I hope since yesterday and the stress leading up to and including yesterday is over, that I can go back to a more positive outlook.

I look at Tuckie running around with his eggplant in his mouth at this very moment, and just need to definitely learn from he and Justice. Neither has any idea that anything is wrong. They don't care--they do indeed just live for the moment--and of course for treats and snuggles!!!

I already feel better thanks to u guys, but I know I will feel even better after I get a good nights sleep.

For now, maybe I'll go grab the gorilla in my mouth and run around with the boys!!! hehehe. love and hugs

Hi Deb, Gonna do my best to keep positive thoughts!!! Thanks sweetie. love and hugs

Hi Joanna, I KNOW, I KNOW, how ridiculous that Tuck finally slept, and I am awake. I wish I had an on/off switch for the brain!!

I think it was just the shock of the day.I was trying soooo hard to believe that his neuro exam would be normal, and whatever happened would be something fixable--no idea what or how--but something sooo easy to fix, and then never worry abt again.

Just didn't expect his CT scan to look the way it was described to me by the neuro.

So put all that together--plus the fact it was night time--doesn't everything seem magnified at nighttime?

Tonight will be much better!!

Tuckie came up with his froggy now in his mouth--he got nose and belly rubs from u...of course Justice wasn't far behind!! wags , wiggles and love and hugs!

Thanks so much angels!!

I am so thankful to all of the boys angels.

I am blessed Tuckie also was funded for the CT/spinal tap--now we know what we are dealing with. Thank you all for allowing that to happen!!!

Edited by k9sign

Tucker is doing fine...well except for the fact that he looks like a poodle that also has a weird square shaved at the base of his skull.

I don't know why it didn't strike me as so funny yesterday-well I guess I do know why. I'm sure Tuck doesn't think it's THAT funny--but it is rather amusing. Poor little guy though with all 4 legs in the poodle cut.

I guess I thought to get the CSF (cerebrospinal fluid) they would go in the middle of the back. I didn't realize it would be at the base of his skull--it makes sense that would be where they would take it, but I'm kind of glad I didn't know at the time.

Tuckie slept until 5:30AM (Justice had to go outside), and both boys went out quickly and right back to sleep. I was woken at 7:15AM by whiskers and a gentle licking on the side of my face--it was Tuckie, and it was time for his meds. He is not going to let anything stop him from getting meds. LOL

It was soooo sweet.

Ohhhh and excpet for the 2 CP's late evening--he had no seizures during the night!!!

I am hoping Tuck has as good a night as last night--so we can all sleep.

Hi Judy, u are right--Tuckie IS a strong little boy!

No one is home, but David should be soon, and then the boys and I will be snuggling and hopefully grabbing a nap. Rustie keeps barking becuz her daddy is gone, so once he is home there should be quiet again!! love and hugs

Hi Cynthia, I totally believe that CJ went without u being there for a reason. I remember thinking that when u posted abt angel CJ.

Thanks for ur words of encouragement!!! love and hugs

Hi Monique, it is hard to not stay awake with these epi's. LOL, they sleep like babies and we just wait IN CASE something happens. It makes no sense--but hard not to do!!

love and hugs

Hi Roberta, I had looked up that form of encephalitis-I am so glad he didn't have it.

LOL Airedaleans--now that whole "inside" joke from ur list is hysterical.

You know, I would be saying all that u said to others too (I guess I'm pretty smart. LOL)--but boy sometimes it's hard to take ur own advice!! I know what u, Cynthia and everyone else has said is absolutely true.

I hope since yesterday and the stress leading up to and including yesterday is over, that I can go back to a more positive outlook.

I look at Tuckie running around with his eggplant in his mouth at this very moment, and just need to definitely learn from he and Justice. Neither has any idea that anything is wrong. They don't care--they do indeed just live for the moment--and of course for treats and snuggles!!!

I already feel better thanks to u guys, but I know I will feel even better after I get a good nights sleep.

For now, maybe I'll go grab the gorilla in my mouth and run around with the boys!!! hehehe. love and hugs

Hi Deb, Gonna do my best to keep positive thoughts!!! Thanks sweetie. love and hugs

Hi Joanna, I KNOW, I KNOW, how ridiculous that Tuck finally slept, and I am awake. I wish I had an on/off switch for the brain!!

I think it was just the shock of the day.I was trying soooo hard to believe that his neuro exam would be normal, and whatever happened would be something fixable--no idea what or how--but something sooo easy to fix, and then never worry abt again.

Just didn't expect his CT scan to look the way it was described to me by the neuro.

So put all that together--plus the fact it was night time--doesn't everything seem magnified at nighttime?

Tonight will be much better!!

Tuckie came up with his froggy now in his mouth--he got nose and belly rubs from u...of course Justice wasn't far behind!! wags , wiggles and love and hugs!

Thanks so much angels!!

I am so thankful to all of the boys angels.

I am blessed Tuckie also was funded for the CT/spinal tap--now we know what we are dealing with. Thank you all for allowing that to happen!!!

Hi

I'm so happy to hear he was up and running around today..You are right, they don't know anything is wrong. Coqui had a seizure this morning and 15 minutes later was begging for cheese and kissing kittens.

I'm keeping you guys in my thoughts...All my best....I still haven't been able to get a shot of Coqui with Izzy but here's a picture of Izzy...

Monique' and Coqui

post-2608-1200521921_thumb.jpg

Edited by Isadora3

I am soooooooooooooooooooo glad that Tuck's full of p____ and vinegar. It's amazing what a good night's sleep can do for you.... YOU OUGHT TO TRY IT!!! :motimonkey:

Poor Tuck.. I know what a bad haircut feels like... I'm sorry Tuckie.. I hope you didn't give that barber a tip.

Praying that you get a WONDERFUL night sleep tonight, and that you take advantage of the boys downtime. I'm here if you need me (and even if you don't need me :P LOL)

Belly rubs to you and the boys!!!

Love you bunches!!!

Ah, the special bracelets - that's what TC called them, but I guess a cool handsome guy like Tuck can't wear bracelets. Maybe he's working on being on the CIA, and practicing incognito - pretending to be a poodle, so he can spy on the others, and then come back and tell Justice all the news. Or maybe it's a new lawyer look - is he still Chloe's attorney??

I'm so sorry he had a stroke, but considering the other possibilities, I think it's the least of all the evils. And the fact that it wasn't obvious to anyone, leads me to believe that even though the neuro is calling it "significant", Tuck has made a "significant" comeback too. He's just so awesome!!

I hope the ACE continues to help him sleep, and that you and Justice catch up on your sleep too. Now don't you take the ACE!! Just think sweet thoughts, and relax. I was thinking about the two of you all day yesterday, but worked until 9:30, getting home about an hour later, and just fell asleep while eating dinner. I'm sorry I didn't check in sooner. But know I was with you in spirit.

Hoping everyone gets a good night's sleep tonight!

Kisses from the girls, headbutts from the boys, and giant hugs from me!

Hi everyone,

Tuckie is doing pretty well. He was pacing for awhile, but right now is snuggled against me asleep. He is still off balance at times and is dull in his reflexes. He runs and sometimes overshoots a toy or furniture-but it doesn't bother him at all. He just looks like--well who moved the ball??? He seems to actually enjoy it becuz then he can make another grab for it--just more fun for him. LOL.

DRUMROLL PULEEEZE:

Tuckie is at ONE DAY!!!

====================T :1icecream::turtle: ======================

Justice is at FOUR DAYS!!!

===================J :icecream4::turtle: ========================

Hi Monique', Izzy is just beautiful!!! What a smile she has, and it looks like her eyes are just sparkling in that pic. I hope she doesn't have the teenage angst abt her looks--becuz she is a beautiful girl.

I'm sorry Coqui had a seizure this AM--I hope there has been no more seizure activity and just lots of begging for cheese and kissing kittens!!

Please give Coqui a hug for me!!! hugs

Hi Joanna, u are so silly. I love that!

I hope Tuck didn't give a tip to the barber either. One of his legs looks sore. It's dark pink at the bottom of where it was shaved--It is right near where u can see there was a catheter. I wonder if it infiltrated there. I will have to work on that leg.

I sincerely hope the boys AND I get a good nights sleep!!!

hugs to u and Mikey

Hi Diana, oh yessiree Tuckie is still attorney for Chloe, but obviously Chloe has been the purrrrfect kitty, becuz he hasn't needed to defend her for a very long time. Laura FINALLY must have realized that Chloe is innocent--for any wrongdoing!!

Tuck has made a "significant" comeback.

It occurred to me that he may have had a 2nd stroke 6 days after the first one. The stroke had to be Dec 23rd, and then on Dec29th he had the 11 min GM. He has not had a seizure like that in a very very long time. This past year he was never in status. I will have to ask the neuro some time.

Isn't that great to be able to say headbutts from the boys---how is it going with making them permanent?? If they have to be adopted, how long before they are well?? I say --hmmmm, maybe 20 years??? whaddya think???

wags and wiggles and hugs!!

Uh oh...Tuckie is jerking his legs a bit. Gonna keep an eye on him. He gets his ACE soon. It won't stop a seizure, but can calm his body down, so maybe he won't have any.

Thanks so very much angels!!!

Hi Cindy

Reading your last couple of posts had me in tears and laughing at the same time!

You know, you have to allow yourself for time of rest. Night time would be good, especially if this new med helps Tuck sleep through the night. The more rested you are, the better you are physically and mentally to deal with the issues. I know that you know this already, but that is not the issue is it? ALLOW yourself. Say to yourself that it is ok! Sleep. Do you like to read? Take a good book to bed and forget about the rest of the world (the boys are sleeping by now). Let yourself melt into the words of the book and let everything go out of your mind. Picture in your mind the surrounding scene and that you are relaxing and watching this all unfold before you. And now....let yourself drift off to a wonderful world of dreams that are filled with powderpuff clouds and warm sunshine smiling on your face with all things that are good!

Warm hugs and scritches to you all,

Good night,

Cynthia

Tuckie's brain is not co-operating. He has been having several partials and complex partials. Dang, he had a good 24 hours--most likely from having anesthesia with propofol. It's a propofol drip we use with the boys when they are in the hospital trying to stop a cluster or bad cycle.

Justie-poo is curled up sleeping with one of his paws over his nose. He is adorable.

Hi Cynthia, what a great visualization!!! With Tuck having seizure activity, I prob won't try it tonight--but I will sson!! Thanks!

hugs and love.

Thansk so much angels!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0