Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

LaurieR

Mr. Wiggles Aldrich

356 posts in this topic

Hi Joanna & Mike,

Thanks for checking in on Mr. Wiggles. He is doing great. Right now he is sound asleep and snoring louder than I've ever heard before. You know that's good sleeping. We just got snow here in Newport News, VA. We don't see much of that around here. All it takes is a dusting and everything closes. I guess it's because we Virginians don't know how to drive in snow. Mr. Wiggles or Molly didn't know what to think. Molly went out super fast and right back in. Mr. Wiggles didn't want to go out at all. I have been trying to read the threads from other diabetic pins. It takes a while when you start from scratch, especially when it's like 17 pages. It is nice to hear that other people have gone through similar problems and are happy to share their successes and opinions. Thanks again for caring. Mr. Wiggles sends you lots of kisses.

Lora & Mr. Wiggles :pp_animal_564:

Hi,my name is Randy.I am Mr. Wiggles's uncle.I am actually the one who rescued him from a bad home.I will never forget the day that I brought him home.My parents hade not had a dog since we were young kids (25+ years).My dad had been forced into retirement due to illnesses which later tuned into severe cancer.As I said,I brought Mr. Wiggles from a not so great place.He was nothing but skin and bones,and was very scared and timid.My dad was spending most of his time sitting in a recliner,unable to do much else.It was almost christmas,and I brought him in to mom and dad and said,Merry Christmas!My moms mouth dropped and she said very questionable,"for us?".They took him in like a young child,giving him anything that he wanted.Mom would get up in the morning and fix him bacon,egg,and cheese sandwich.She would cut his food in pieces for him,and feed him three meals or more a day.Although we all warned mom about doing this,she said that she just could not stand for him to look at her with those sad eyes.In the mean time Mr Wiggles would not leave dads side.Day and night,sitting in the chair with pop.Mr. Wiggles I think could tell that dad was not well.Mr Wiggles would just sit there licking and kissing him.Dad had a new best friend when he needed it most.Mr. Wiggles,and mom and dad had found a perfect match for each other.Mr.Wiggles by this time was much more than skin and bones,and dads health was getting much worse.Dad had accepted that he was not going to be with us long,and was comfortable with that,mostly because of his faith in god.Shortly before dad passes,he made the statement that when he passed away,if Mr.Wiggles had anything wrong with him, just put him in the coffin with him.That was true love.Although we could not do that,we did put a nice picture in with dad.Weather we believe in fate or religion,whatever you want to call it,I truely believe that Mr.Wiggles was sent here for my dadto help him cope with his health and later death.Although,I know it will be a great time when dad and Wiggles are together again,we are not ready to let him go yet.Anything that you can do to help us out with his mounting bills would be greatly appreciated,and I am sure you will be blessed for it.Thanks to all for reading,and anything that you can do. Randy

Good morning Lora and Mr. Wiggles, hope you had a good weekend and that Mr. Wiggles is doing ok. HUGS Jason, Tammy & Reece

I truely believe that Mr.Wiggles was sent here for my dadto help him cope with his health and later death.Although,I know it will be a great time when dad and Wiggles are together again,we are not ready to let him go yet.Anything that you can do to help us out with his mounting bills would be greatly appreciated,and I am sure you will be blessed for it.Thanks to all for reading,and anything that you can do. Randy

Oh Randy... what a beautiful story... it really touched my heart. I do believe that God sent Mr. Wiggles to your Dad to comfort him in his last days... our pets are no mistake... they come to us for a reason.

Angels, this sweet little dog has given so much love and continues to give... please help get him sponsored with the funds he needs.

Randy, I'm not able to give financially, but Mike (my sweet westie) and I will be here to cheer you on. Love and prayers coming your way.

Oh Randy... what a beautiful story... it really touched my heart. I do believe that God sent Mr. Wiggles to your Dad to comfort him in his last days... our pets are no mistake... they come to us for a reason.

Yes, what a sweet story! Mr. Wiggles definitely sounds like a very special little dog, and I'm so glad he was rescued by Randy, Lora, and family. My dad had a stroke and also spends most of the time in his recliner. He just adopted a little stray dog a few months ago and she has given him such happiness, so I have an idea of how much Mr. Wiggles meant to your dad.

I hope Mr. Wiggles' curve goes well tomorrow. I will be anxiously awaiting your report!

Leslie :whitekitty:

:banana: Lisa here!! Wiggles goes for another test tomorrow. Im not quite sure what for..he gets so many. He has to be there at eight oclock in the morning and stay all day. He hates the vet. He gets so jittery on the car ride and once he gets inside the office. One time when i took him to the vet he was crying like he normally does when he goes there, and i was trying to calm him down. It wasn't working. Then, a little girl came in who was crying too because her dog had to be dropped off. Wiggles got right up and went over to her and gave her a big wet kiss. He loves kids so much. He is so funny. Thats all it took to calm him down. I cant wait until Broedy gets a little older and they can play together. Mom says she will write tomorrow with the results from the test. Pray for good luck!!!!

xoxoxoxo Lisa and Wiggles

Mr. Wiggles test results are back. The highest reading was 208. The low as 51. Dr. Ashworth wants to drop Mr. Wiggles back to 4 units twice a day. They ended up feeding him again after the low reading and then he did alright. I really like the vet clinic I am using. Back in 2002 there was a fire at the clinic and 29 animals died. I can't imagine the devastation to those pet owners. Now they have a much nicer modern facility. Thank you all for your well wishes and thank you so much IMOM and Mr. Wiggles sponsor for making this vet visit possible. I couldn't do it without you. Take care & God bless!

Wiggles kisses to all,

Stopping in to check on Mr. Wiggles. It's great that you have a vet who you have faith and trust in.. that means a lot.

Gentle hugs and nose kisses to the little guy.

Hello all,

Mr. Wiggles had another great day. He has gotten to a point he likes to go for rides in the car. A year ago he would have been a nervous wreck. Now he wants to be where all the action is.

A very special thank you to the angel who just made a monthly donation to Mr. Wiggles. You are very special to do such a nice thing. I pray that God blesses you well beyond your donation because of your super kind nature. Thank you so much! :thanks3:

Thank you to all who care so much about Mr. Wiggles. Lots of Wiggles kisses are coming your way.

My Wiggles is still doing good. I just emailed some pictures for Laurie to post for me so they should be posted soon. In one picture I am showing a bandana Mr. Wiggles wore last year to show his amazing weight loss. One picture is of Mr. Wiggles and my other Chihuahua, Molly. Of course one of the pictures is of my daughter Lisa, Mr. Wiggles, and my grandson, Broedy. I don't know if you can tell by the picture but Mr. Wiggles started licking Broedy's leg just as I snapped the picture and Broedy has a little bit of a smile on his face. I'm not sure if it's because Broedy likes Mr. Wiggles or because it tickled his little leg. Anyway, they are off to a great start.

Thank you again to the angels who have donated to Mr. Wiggles. I know if Mr. Wiggles was there with you he would show you his favorite hobby: giving kisses.

Wiggles kisses to all!

post-2645-1201155004_thumb.jpg

post-2645-1201155319_thumb.jpg

Mr. Wiggles, I am so proud of you and what a handsome boy you are!

I am so glad you stabilized, I know your mommy is too!

Hugs to you and your mommy too!

Tammy & Reece

:spot

Hi Lora & Mr. Wiggles!

Am so glad things are going well.....thanks for your post to Zoom & I. The pictures of Mr. Wiggles are adorable .... I can see why

he touches your heart so.

Hang in there with everything and you and Mr. Wiggles enjoy that grandson of yours!

:hugs:

Susan & Zoom

Here are the photos that Lora sent. What a cutie Mr. Wiggles is. (And Broedy is too, of course!)

post-31-1201215296_thumb.jpg

post-31-1201215314_thumb.jpg

post-31-1201215325_thumb.jpg

What super sweet photos Lora!!! Awww! I am so proud of you Mr. Wiggles! Hugs to you and your sweet momma too!

Tammy & Reece

Love those pix. He is adorable! Just stopped by to see what was happening. Glad things are going so well.

Love and big Husky hugs,

Debbie and Jack

:banana: Hey its Lisa again. I just wanted to say thanks to the sponsor who is saving my puppy :spot ARF!!! Here is a picture of Wiggles's new best friend, Broedy born December 19th. He loves him more than anything and gives him tons of kisses on the toes,fingers,and nose.

xoxoxoxo

post-2645-1201280846_thumb.jpg

post-2645-1201280878_thumb.jpg

Hello,

I am very frustrated as this is the fourth time I have entered this post. I get ready to send and it just disappears.

Thank you so much Debbie & Jack, Susan & Zoom, & Jason, Tammy, & Reece for keeping tabs of Mr. Wiggles. He is such a sweet boy and I love him so much. Tammy, I also wanted to thank you for the advice on getting a glucometer reading on Mr. Wiggles. I tested him after his shot this morning and got a result of 121. I couldn't ask for a better reading.

I took Mr. Wiggles to see Broedy Tuesday and Mr. Wiggles showered him with kisses - literally. I was changing Broedy's diaper and he was crying. Mr. Wiggles came over and just started kissing him in the face. I know it's not very sanitary but I'm sure Broeday will experience much more in his lifetime than a few Wiggles kisses. Mr. Wiggles didn't eat well yesterday morning but by nighttime he was famished. So I just chalk it up to an off day.

Special thank you IMOM and Mr. Wiggles sponsors for taking care of Mr. Wiggles last vet visit. I don't believe Mr. Wiggles would be around if not for the kindness and generosity of you all. I pray God blesses you a hundred fold. You truly are angels. Mr. Wiggles sends you his kisses.

Wiggles kisses to all,

Oh you are most welcome! I am glad and so thankful for such a wonderful reading that is so great! Will keep a check on you guys!

Tammy & Reece

Hello,

I just wanted to take a moment to give thanks to the very generous new sponsor Mr. Wiggles has. It always amazes me how IMOM and its sponsors always come through for a baby in need. Mr. Wiggles and I both send :hugs: and lots of Wiggles kisses your way. I pray God blesses you above and beyond your donation to Mr. Wiggles. We will never forget you or Mr. Wiggles other sponsors for their kindness and generosity. :thanks3::aktion033::happydance: We love you all!

Wiggles kisses to all,

Hi Lora,

Just wanted to let you know how happy I am to read that Mr. Wiggles is getting good BG readings and that he now has some sponsors :aktion033: . He sure is a cutie pie (and so is Broedy) - the pictures are adorable!

Leslie :whitekitty:

:banana: Its Lisa! Thank you Wiggles sponsor!!!! Now he is sure to get better. He just has to! He has to many people pulling for him. Not many dogs have their very own website. :spot

xoxoxo Lisa,Broedy,and Wiggles

Hello Angels,

Just wanted to update everyone on Mr. Wiggles. He seems to be doing great. The only thing is he wants to eat more. It seems so mean but with his diabetes I just can't let him eat as much as he wants. It's funny because thinking back, I remember posting to the general forum asking for advice because he didn't want any dog food. I finally found some that he really likes. It's called Nature's Variety. It comes in the frozen food section at the pet store. It's a little pricey but I usually get a buy one get one free coupon so that helps some with the cost. Before I was having to force feed him. It's so much easier now that I found what he likes. He spent some time with Broedy and my 2 nieces ( 3 & 5 ). Did I mention he loves kids? Mr. Wiggles and I want to thank everyone for checking up on him and posting. It's kind of like the pets here are celebrities! They all deserve it though. Thank you again for IMOM supporters and Mr. Wiggle's sponsors for helping me with Mr. Wiggles. I truly don't know if he would be here if not for all of you. You will always have a very special place in my heart. I will never forget you. Mr. Wiggles kisses and love go out to all of you.

Wiggles kisses to all,