Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

LaurieR

Mr. Wiggles Aldrich

356 posts in this topic

Lora, I'm so happy to read that Mr. Wiggles is doing so well. I know that all of us here would love to see some more photos of his cute self. If you have trouble posting them, you are welcome to email them to me, and I'd be happy to post them for you.

Angels, Mr. Wiggles still needs monthly sponsorship of $220 for his diabetes-related care. His mom, Lora, is working very hard to keep this boy healthy -- he has also been diagnosed with Cushing's Disease and is undergoing treatment for that as well. If you are able to sponsor him for any amount, I know it would mean the world to them both!

Hello Angels,

I just got an email from Laurie saying Mr. Wiggles has his first sponsor. Thank You so much for the generous donation. I started to cry when I read the message. Mr. Wiggles is such a great dog. It is heart wrenching knowing he has these medical needs and not having the finances to pay for it. Mr. Wiggles sends you lots of kisses. Mr. Wiggles has been doing so good lately. He has his Cushing's test on the 8th so please keep him in your prayers. Again, THANK YOU! You truly are an angel.

Lora & Mr. Wiggles

Mr. Wiggles gave me a scare early this morning. I looked the whole house over and couldn't find him. Sometimes when it's about time for insulin, he will hide behind the furniture. I looked in all his usual spots but he wasn't there. Finally I spotted something unusual. Mr. Wiggles had crawled on top of some clothes and managed to climb into the pants leg of my pajamas. He was completely covered!

Mr. Wiggles hasn't acted quite himself today. His appetite is not as good and he seems kind of lethargic. Please keep him in your prayers. I love Mr. Wiggles so much and want him well. Thanks again to the anonymous donor who is helping my Mr. Wiggles to feel better. I couldn't do it without the generosity of angels like you. May God truly bless you for your generosity.

Love & Thanks,

Lora & Mr. Wiggles

Hi Lora,

Oh, isn't that scary when they hide and you can't find them?! My cats have given me quite a scare over the years when they do that. I'm glad you found him. Geez, he's a little too good at camouflage for his own good :biggrin:

I'm sorry that Mr. Wiggles hasn't been acting like his usual self today. I hope it is nothing serious. He is in my thoughts.

Tracy/IMOM :heart::stripekitty:

Hi Lora,

Oh, isn't that scary when they hide and you can't find them?! My cats have given me quite a scare over the years when they do that. I'm glad you found him. Geez, he's a little too good at camouflage for his own good :biggrin:

I'm sorry that Mr. Wiggles hasn't been acting like his usual self today. I hope it is nothing serious. He is in my thoughts.

Hi,

Mr. Wiggles is back to his normal self. His appetite picked back up. I guess he was just having a bad day. He spent some time with Mom and my other dog Molly tonight. They get along really well. I took some pictures I will post soon.

Love & Thanks,

Lora & Mr. Wiggles

I don't know what it is about posting but often while I'm typing the cursor just disappears. Also I was wondering, what is the "quote" button for? I am new to forums and I have a lot to learn.

Leslie, where do you live? I'm writing from Newport News, Virginia.

Hi Lora,

I live in southeastern Tennessee, although I am originally from California.

I don't have a lot of experience on forums either. That is weird that your cursor disappers - probably just some weird glitch. Mine jumps around sometimes, especially on my laptop. I have never used the quote button but I assume it is to just highlight part of someone's message. I quoted you above, but I did it by hitting reply and then deleting parts of your message. I think the more you post the clearer it will seem. Maybe someone else can give you a better answer.

I am so glad that you have your first sponsor, and very relieved to read that Mr. Wiggles is feeling better :aktion033::aktion033::aktion033: !!! I will be thinking of you on the 8th and looking for an update.

Have a great week, and give Mr. Wiggles my love :heart: .

Leslie :whitekitty:

Hi,

Mr. Wiggles had a good day today. I was gone a bit today so I let him stay with Molly at my Mom's house. Can anyone explain how to post a picture here from my digital camera? Do I need to save it on a disk first? I tried to get my son to show me last time but he just did it himself instead. I really want to learn so I can post pictures of Mr. Wiggles whenever I want. I'm afraid my computer skills have a long way to go, usually I'm just using Word. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Mr. Wiggles appointment is tomorrow (Tuesday). Keep him in your prayers for some good results. I will post the results when I get them. Mr. Wiggles sends his love and kisses.

Lora & Mr. Wiggles

Just wanted to stop by and see how Mr. Wiggles is doing? I am so happy about his sponsor. :thanks3: I know that he will be fully sponsored soon. He is such a sweetheart! Please angels, consider a donation to this sweet little pup. :pp_animal_564: He is so loved.

Glad to see he is feeling well. That's because he has such a wonderful mom! :wub:

Love and Big Husky hugs, :dogsled:

Debbie and Jack

Hi Angels,

Mr. Wiggles was suppose to have his Cushing's test on Tuesday. Unfortunately, when he went outside to potty he got into the cat food. He has to fast for the test so I had to reschedule it for Thursday. Come Thursday the cat food will be somewhere Mr. Wiggles can't get to. I took some pictures today. One picture is of Mr. Wiggles and my grandson Broedy. Mr. Wiggles couldn't resist, just as I snapped the picture he gave Broedy a kiss on his leg. I think Broedy liked it because he kind of had a smile on his face. Mr. Wiggles loves all kids, even 3 week olds. Hopefully I'll post the picture soon. Lots of love and kisses Mr. Wiggles sends your way.

Lora & Mr. Wiggles

Hello Angels,

Mr. Wiggles will get his Cushing's test in about 8 hours. This time the cat food has been removed. We should get the results sometime Friday. I am emailing a couple of pictures to Laurie to post on this forum. I tried but couldn't figure it out. Last year my brother won a trip to Hawaii from work and took my Mom with him. I took these pictures to give to my Mom when they returned back home.

Last night Mr. Wiggles took a dog bone and put it in his special place. About a minute later my other dog (Molly) went and got it and took it to her special place. About a minute later Mr. Wiggles went and got it back. They kept doing this about 8 times. It was really funny. Of course there were more dog bones they could have gotten but I guess they both wanted the same one. Mr. Wiggles sends his love and kisses your way.

Love,

Lora & Mr. Wiggles

Lora, I'm sorry Mr. Wiggles became "Mr. Sneaky" and got into the cat food on Tuesday. I hope things look good on his Cushing's test results on Friday. I know lots of people here will be thinking good thoughts for him!

The mental image of Mr. Wiggles and Molly taking turns moving the same bone back and forth to their own special place gave me a giggle.

Please give Mr. Wiggles some special scritches from me.

And for all of Mr. Wiggles' fans out there, here are some adorable pictures of his cute self!

post-31-1199948918_thumb.jpg

post-31-1199948931_thumb.jpg

Hello Angels,

I took Mr. Wiggles in for the Cushing's test. They called back and said that they couldn't do it. Apparently he needs to have his Cushing's medicine about 5 hours before the test. I was not told about this and now that Mr. Wiggles takes it every other day, today was his off day. So, it's back to the vet tomorrow. It is getting very frustrating right now. Unfortunately, they can't get his diabetes dose adjusted correctly without his Cushing's medicine where it needs to be. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Laurie, thank you so much for posting Mr. Wiggles pictures. I hope to have more up this weekend.

Love & Wiggles Kisses,

Lora & Mr. Wiggles

Hi Lora,

I'm sorry that Mr. Wiggles' Cushing's test had to be postponed again. I will keep fingers crossed that tomorrow he can get the test, and that the results are good. I love the pictures. He is just too cute!!! Give him a hug from me.

Mr. Wiggles had his Cushing's test done yesterday. Dr. Ashworth called and said she would call Monday and discuss the results. I expect that he needs a dosage adjustment or she would have simply said to keep things the same. Mr. Wiggles is eating, acting, and taking his medicine well and he seems to be in good spirits. My sons will post a couple of pictures this weekend. I will post the results of Mr. Wiggles Cushings test when I get them. Mr. Wiggles kisses go out to all you angels who donate time, funds, thoughts, and prayers. We couldn't make it without you. Thank You!

Lora & Mr. Wiggles

:pp_animal_568: Mr. Wiggles went to the vet Friday for his cushings test. Dr. Ashworth says that his levels are just fine however, she wants to have him take 15mg of trilostane everyday instead of 30mg every other day. This will help to keep his levels more constant.

My name is Lisa. I'm Lora's daughter. (I just had the baby) Wiggles is such a great dog. If anyone deserves help it's him. I know whenever I'm not feeling well Wiggles is right there beside me. He even helped get me through those first contractions! It was so cute. If only he could have accompanied me to the hospital. HAHA Please help Wiggles!!! He will love you forever.

Lisa

:pp_animal_568: Mr. Wiggles went to the vet Friday for his cushings test. Dr. Ashworth says that his levels are just fine however, she wants to have him take 15mg of trilostane everyday instead of 30mg every other day. This will help to keep his levels more constant.

My name is Lisa. I'm Lora's daughter. (I just had the baby) Wiggles is such a great dog. If anyone deserves help it's him. I know whenever I'm not feeling well Wiggles is right there beside me. He even helped get me through those first contractions! It was so cute. If only he could have accompanied me to the hospital. HAHA Please help Wiggles!!! He will love you forever.

Lisa

I am so happy to know that Mr. Wiggles got a good report from the vet! I have been anxiously waiting to hear how that test turned out. I hope the new dosing plan makes him feel even better.

It's nice to meet you, Lisa, and congratulations on the baby! I'm glad Mr. Wiggles will have another human companion :) .

Leslie :whitekitty:

Hello Angels,

Mr. Wiggles had another great day. As my daughter stated, Mr. Wiggles Cushings test came back good. Even Dr. Ashworth was pleasantly surprised. He doesn't need that test again for 1 to 2 months, which is great because it is expensive ($167). This test I have to pay out of pocket for so I am ecstatic about the results. Mr. Wiggles is schedule for another glucose curve on Jan. 22 so please keep him in your prayers for good results. I am thinking they may drop the dose 1 unit. Also keep him in prayer that sponsors will be found soon to help with the expenses.

Leslie,

Thanks for keeping in touch. It feels great knowing people care enough to follow his progress.

Wiggles kisses to you all!

Lora & Mr. Wiggles

Hi Jason,

Mr. Wiggles is doing great. I'm hoping his glucose curve goes as well as the Cushing's test did. After my daughter, Lisa posted I started thinking about when Mr. Wiggles was first diagnosed. She is the one who found him at his worst. She was doing everything she had seen us do for my Dad. She had the fan blowing on him to try and help his breathing. She had a cool cloth wiping him down. When we took Mr. Wiggles to the vet they weren't sure he was going to pull through. His glucose level was so high they had to do dilutions for the machine to even read it. Lisa was afraid Mr. Wiggles was going to die just like her Pa Pa. It is amazing now to see how far Mr. Wiggles has come. He lost about 4 pounds. He still has a ways to go but at least we are going in the right direction. He is just a sweet pup. He likes to sleep with me at night completely under the covers. I haven't found anyone Mr. Wiggles dislikes. Considering he came from an abused home, it is amazing. How anyone could hurt a little pup like Mr. Wiggles I'll never understand. Thanks for posting. By the way, I love your little picture. My son in law loves John Deer, I'll have to show it to him. Mr. Wiggles sends his love. I'm sure if he was there he'd give you lots of kisses.

Lora & Mr. Wiggles

Mr. Wiggles is doing so well! How sweet your daughter was. It is amazing what chldren can learn by observation.

Come on Angels, Mr. Wiggles needs some help. His family loves him so. We need a miracle for Mr. Wiggles. :thanks3:

Love and Husky hugs,

Debbie and Jack

:banana:

I LOVE WIGGLES!!!

Wiggles loves to give kisses. He loves to see baby Broedy. He kisses his toes whenever he comes over. Sometimes he stares off into space like he is seeing angels. I wonder if he can see papa. He sure was a good companion to him when he was alive. He would sit in the chair with him all day when he was sick only getting up to eat and go outside. He still doesn't like to get his shots. He runs and hides whenever the insulin comes out. Even Molly has started to jump on top of him to help protect him from the needle. Please somebody help my puppy. Mr. Wiggles sends his kisses your way. xoxoxo

Lisa :cool026:

Hello Angels,

Mr. Wiggles is doing really good. He has a glucose curve scheduled for Tuesday. I'm hoping the results will be as good as his Cushing's test results. He is such a sweet boy. He's laying down down just snoring away. He seems to do that a lot lately. Whenever he wants you to talk to him he will sneeze. He saw my brother's dog doing that and now he's always doing that. I want to thank everyone out there who is helping my Mr. Wiggles in any way - volunteering, posting, praying and providing funds for Mr. Wiggle's vet visits, Vetsulin, and syringes. I know if Mr. Wiggles could he would give you loads of kisses to thank you. I don't know what I would have done without the generosity of you all. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!

Lora & Mr. Wiggles :pp_animal_564:

Lora and Lisa, it's great to hear that Mr. Wiggles is doing so well. He sounds like such a sweet and funny boy. I'm so happy that all of us here at IMOM are having a chance to get to know him.

Hi Lora...

Just wanted to stop in and check on that sweet little guy. Mr Wiggles is just sooooooooo adorable. I pray he gets fully funded soon.

Love, Blessings & Wet Westie Nose Kisses

Mike and Mike's Mom (Joanna)