Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

LaurieR

Mr. Wiggles Aldrich

356 posts in this topic

Diagnosis: Diabetes

Total amount needed per month to sponsor: $220

Currently sponsored for: $220 - IMOM pledged $440 for the first two months

Amount still needed: $0

Neutered: Yes

Volunteer case worker: Laurie

Mr. Wiggles is an adorable 8-year-old Chihuahua who was recently diagnosed with both diabetes and Cushing's disease. Mr. Wiggles is looking for sponsors to help with his monthly diabetes-related supplies and checkups. To read Mr. Wiggles' story and see his wonderfully cute little face, please go to http://www.imom.org/pin/dpf/mrwiggles-aldrich.htm.

If you'd like to become one of Mr. Wiggles' monthly sponsors, please click here. Or, if you would like to make a one-time donation, which are always welcomed, please click here. Donations should be designated "DPF - Mr. Wiggles Aldrich." Remember, no amount is too small -- every donation truly does make a difference.

Also, when making your donation, please consider a small donation to our Operating Fund to help us cover our operating costs.

Mr. Wiggles and his mom both thank you for your generosity.

Laurie/IMOM

Diagnosis: Diabetes

Total amount needed per month to sponsor: $220

Currently sponsored for: $0 - IMOM pledged $440 for the first two months

Amount still needed: $220

Neutered: Yes

Volunteer case worker: Laurie

Mr. Wiggles is an adorable 8-year-old Chihuahua who was recently diagnosed with both diabetes and Cushing's disease. Mr. Wiggles is looking for sponsors to help with his monthly diabetes-related supplies and checkups. To read Mr. Wiggles' story and see his wonderfully cute little face, please go to http://www.imom.org/pin/dpf/mrwiggles-aldrich.htm.

If you'd like to become one of Mr. Wiggles' monthly sponsors, please click here. Or, if you would like to make a one-time donation, which are always welcomed, please click here. Donations should be designated "DPF - Mr. Wiggles Aldrich." Remember, no amount is too small -- every donation truly does make a difference.

Also, when making your donation, please consider a small donation to our Operating Fund to help us cover our operating costs.

Mr. Wiggles and his mom both thank you for your generosity.

Laurie/IMOM

Mr. Wiggles glucose levels have been all over the place. It was low yesterday and really high today. He hasn't been wanting to eat the last couple of days; however, tonight he practically inhaled his food. The urine stick this morning tested 500, tonight it tested negative. He has a glucose curve scheduled for Dec 27. Mr. Wiggles is such a sweet boy. All he wanted to do today is kiss everybody. We went to the pet store and little kids came up pet him. He gave them all his wonderful loving kisses. I appreciate IMOM and what they are doing for Mr. Wiggles and all the other wonderful pets in need. Thank you all in advance for any assistance you can give Mr. Wiggles, including your thoughts and prayers.

All Our Love,

Mr. Wiggles & Lora

That sugar can be so hard to get regulated at first. Just hang in there and you wil do fine.

Mr. Wiggles is so cute. I would love to hear some stories about him. I bet he can be pretty darn adorable! :motimonkey:

Gee Angels, Mr. Wiggles needs IMOM's help to be all betterl Can't someone help please? You do so m uch for so many here at IMOM. Thanks so very much. :thanks3: You are all incredible

Happy holidays to Lora and Mr. Wiggles,

Love and Husky hugs from Jack to that cute little guy, :dogsled:

Debbie and Jack

That sugar can be so hard to get regulated at first. Just hang in there and you wil do fine.

Mr. Wiggles is so cute. I would love to hear some stories about him. I bet he can be pretty darn adorable! :motimonkey:

Gee Angels, Mr. Wiggles needs IMOM's help to be all betterl Can't someone help please? You do so m uch for so many here at IMOM. Thanks so very much. :thanks3: You are all incredible

Happy holidays to Lora and Mr. Wiggles,

Love and Husky hugs from Jack to that cute little guy, :dogsled:

Debbie and Jack

Mr. Wiggles is such a special dog. He is so sensitive. Last night, my daughter was at my apartment and started having contractions. Every time a contraction came, Mr. Wiggles came up to her and went round and round in circles. He wanted to be right by her side. It's amazing how animals can pick up on things, a lot of time, even before we do. I am happy to say, Lisa had her baby at 4:00 this afternoon. I am a first time Grandma and I can't wait for Mr. Wiggles to meet my grandson. He just loves kids! We really love Mr. Wiggles and hope and pray someone can help him. Remember to keep Mr. Wiggles and also all the wonderful volunteers and IMOM supporters in your prayers.

All Our Love,

Lora & Mr. Wiggles

CONGRATS on the new grandbaby! How exciting!!

What a cute story about Mr. Wiggles! :motimonkey: He is cuuutteee! :wub:

We'll be thinking of you and the doctors appt. on the 27th. Hoping all is well with his glucose levels...and if they aren't, then I sure do hope they can get him feeling better soon!!

Hugs!

Lora, congratulations on your new grandson. It sounds like Mr. Wiggles was taking good care of your daughter! I hope that Mr. Wiggles and your grandson can be good friends -- sounds like Mr. Wiggles will really enjoy that.

CONGRATS on the new grandbaby! How exciting!!

What a cute story about Mr. Wiggles! :motimonkey: He is cuuutteee! :wub:

We'll be thinking of you and the doctors appt. on the 27th. Hoping all is well with his glucose levels...and if they aren't, then I sure do hope they can get him feeling better soon!!

Hugs!

Mr. Wiggles will have an exciting day tomorrow, he gets to meet my grandson. I am really looking forward to it. Mr. Wiggles loves kids so I know they will get along good together. Mr. Wiggles didn't really eat much today, I think he misses my daughter. Hopefully he will have a much better day tomorrow. I will try to post some new photos of Mr. Wiggles soon. Thank you for any assistance you can give him. He is a sweetie!

Lora & Mr. Wiggles

Mr. Wiggles will have an exciting day tomorrow, he gets to meet my grandson. I am really looking forward to it. Mr. Wiggles loves kids so I know they will get along good together. Mr. Wiggles didn't really eat much today, I think he misses my daughter. Hopefully he will have a much better day tomorrow. I will try to post some new photos of Mr. Wiggles soon. Thank you for any assistance you can give him. He is a sweetie!

Lora & Mr. Wiggles

Mr. Wiggles met my grandson, Broedy Austin. As I expected, they really hit it off. Mr. Wiggles sat up on the sofa by Broedy, who was in his car seat. Mr. Wiggles acted like a mom protecting her young. He is in love and he was so cute. Mr. Wiggles has been so protective over my Dad, Lisa, and now Broedy. Mr. Wiggles is so cute and loving; however, Diabetes on top of Cushing's Disease is expensive to treat, especially until the vet finds the right dose of insulin and the correct dose of his Cushing's medicine. I am willing to do whatever I can to help him (shots twice a day, vet visits every 2 weeks, urine & glucometer testing, keeping him on a proper diet, paying for his Cushing's tests and his Cushing's medication monthly and making sure he gets his medicine everyday). Please pray that the right people will come along to help with some of his medical expenses. Mr. Wiggles is such a great dog! I really love him and need to be able to protect him from diabetes complications the way he is always protecting us. Thanks so much for all your kind thoughts and prayers and anything you can do to help will be very much appreciated.

All Our Love,

Lora & Mr. Wiggles

Mr. Wiggles met my grandson, Broedy Austin. As I expected, they really hit it off. Mr. Wiggles sat up on the sofa by Broedy, who was in his car seat. Mr. Wiggles acted like a mom protecting her young. He is in love and he was so cute. Mr. Wiggles has been so protective over my Dad, Lisa, and now Broedy. Mr. Wiggles is so cute and loving; however, Diabetes on top of Cushing's Disease is expensive to treat, especially until the vet finds the right dose of insulin and the correct dose of his Cushing's medicine. I am willing to do whatever I can to help him (shots twice a day, vet visits every 2 weeks, urine & glucometer testing, keeping him on a proper diet, paying for his Cushing's tests and his Cushing's medication monthly and making sure he gets his medicine everyday). Please pray that the right people will come along to help with some of his medical expenses. Mr. Wiggles is such a great dog! I really love him and need to be able to protect him from diabetes complications the way he is always protecting us. Thanks so much for all your kind thoughts and prayers and anything you can do to help will be very much appreciated.

All Our Love,

Lora & Mr. Wiggles

Hello angels,

Mr. Wiggles has been in good spirit the last few days. He has his glucose curve done on Thursday. Surprisingly, he doesn't mind going to the vet. I think he loves his pretty, young doctor. The doctor brings her 2 year old daughter in to see Mr. Wiggles and he loves it!

Mr. Wiggles and I just wanted to take a minute and wish you all a very Merry Christmas! I know our Christmas and many other pets and their owner's Christmas has been made extra special because of all you do. We all get busy with our own schedules and don't really concentrate on the true meaning of Christmas - the birth of Jesus Christ. Have a wonderful and blessed holiday season and again thank you all so much for volunteering, donating, and for your thoughts and prayers. We love you all!

Lora & Mr. Wiggles

Hello angels,

Mr. Wiggles has been in good spirit the last few days. He has his glucose curve done on Thursday. Surprisingly, he doesn't mind going to the vet. I think he loves his pretty, young doctor. The doctor brings her 2 year old daughter in to see Mr. Wiggles and he loves it!

Mr. Wiggles and I just wanted to take a minute and wish you all a very Merry Christmas! I know our Christmas and many other pets and their owner's Christmas has been made extra special because of all you do. We all get busy with our own schedules and don't really concentrate on the true meaning of Christmas - the birth of Jesus Christ. Have a wonderful and blessed holiday season and again thank you all so much for volunteering, donating, and for your thoughts and prayers. We love you all!

Lora & Mr. Wiggles

Hello Friends,

Mr. Wiggles and I had a quiet, uneventful Christmas (which is a good thing). We celebrated on Christmas eve because of family members needing to go to so many places for Christmas. Christmas eve was a lot of fun and I made even Mom resist the temptation of feeding ham and all the fixins to Mr. Wiggles. She always thinks that if an animal looks at her, they are hungry. My brother and I told her Mr. Wiggles was doing good and giving him table food would get him sick again. Mr. Wiggles even got a Christmas gift. It is great seeing him do things he hasn't been able to do for a long time. He can even jump off the furniture by himself. I'm not sure if it's because of him feeling better physically or him trying to run from his insulin injections, maybe even a little of both. He's definately feeling better. Please keep him and the other pets in need in your prayers. I will do the same.

Love & Prayers,

Lora & Mr. Wiggles

Hello Friends,

Mr. Wiggles and I had a quiet, uneventful Christmas (which is a good thing). We celebrated on Christmas eve because of family members needing to go to so many places for Christmas. Christmas eve was a lot of fun and I made even Mom resist the temptation of feeding ham and all the fixins to Mr. Wiggles. She always thinks that if an animal looks at her, they are hungry. My brother and I told her Mr. Wiggles was doing good and giving him table food would get him sick again. Mr. Wiggles even got a Christmas gift. It is great seeing him do things he hasn't been able to do for a long time. He can even jump off the furniture by himself. I'm not sure if it's because of him feeling better physically or him trying to run from his insulin injections, maybe even a little of both. He's definately feeling better. Please keep him and the other pets in need in your prayers. I will do the same.

Love & Prayers,

Lora & Mr. Wiggles

Hello Angels,

Mr. Wiggles had his glucose curve done yesterday. His glucose level went a little too low, but the dose stays the same for now. He has his Cushing's test on Jan. 8. Dr. Ashworth expects to need to increase his Trilostane. After this, he will need another glucose curve done. If his Trilostane dose is increased, she said she would probably need to lower his insulin dosage. It gets a bit frustrating to have to keep putting him through all the tests. Please pray that they find the right dosages soon.

Thanks so much IMOM for your financial support for Mr. Wiggles. Mr. Wiggles has done so much to help me through some major depression. He is so special to me and he couldn't get the proper treatment without your support. I am praying that he will find sponsors soon. Remember to keep Mr. Wiggles in your prayers!

Mr. Wiggles and I want to wish you all a Happy New Year!

All Our Love,

Lora & Mr. Wiggles

Hello Angels,

Mr. Wiggles had his glucose curve done yesterday. His glucose level went a little too low, but the dose stays the same for now. He has his Cushing's test on Jan. 8. Dr. Ashworth expects to need to increase his Trilostane. After this, he will need another glucose curve done. If his Trilostane dose is increased, she said she would probably need to lower his insulin dosage. It gets a bit frustrating to have to keep putting him through all the tests. Please pray that they find the right dosages soon.

Thanks so much IMOM for your financial support for Mr. Wiggles. Mr. Wiggles has done so much to help me through some major depression. He is so special to me and he couldn't get the proper treatment without your support. I am praying that he will find sponsors soon. Remember to keep Mr. Wiggles in your prayers!

Mr. Wiggles and I want to wish you all a Happy New Year!

All Our Love,

Lora & Mr. Wiggles

Hello Angels,

A big thank you to IMOM for your contribution. I received Mr. Wiggles syringes in the mail yesterday. It didn't take long at all to get here, especially considering the holiday. Mr. Wiggles got a bath tonight and I was blow drying him. A little piece of lint from the towel was getting blown by the dryer. Mr. Wiggles was so funny. He started chasing the piece of lint across the floor. A couple of months ago he was just laying around all the time. It's great seeing his energy level increasing. He's also getting better about eating his dog food. He had always eaten table food and didn't want anything to do with dog food. It really hasn't been much of a hassle the last few days. Everything is going well with Mr. Wiggles thanks to the generosity of you angels. Mr. Wiggles sends his kisses.

Lora & Mr. Wiggles

Hi Lora,

I just wanted to let you know that although I don't often post, I love reading about Mr. Wiggles. Just that name makes me smile, and I'm glad to know that he is beginning to live up to it again! I look forward to reading more about your sweet, funny boy, and I wish you both a happy and healthy 2008!

Leslie :whitekitty:

Hi Lora,

I just wanted to let you know that although I don't often post, I love reading about Mr. Wiggles. Just that name makes me smile, and I'm glad to know that he is beginning to live up to it again! I look forward to reading more about your sweet, funny boy, and I wish you both a happy and healthy 2008!

Hello Friends,

Thank you Leslie for posting. It's good to know that someone is actually reading and caring about Mr. Wiggles.

Mr. Wiggles had another good day. He is eating well and in good spirits. My brother thinks I am crazy for spending so much money on Mr. Wiggles. He thinks I should have put him to sleep. Obviously, he is not a pet owner so he can't understand how important a pet can be. I can't imagine life without Mr. Wiggles. I live alone and Mr. Wiggles is a lot of company for me. Please pray Mr. Wiggles continues on this upward spiral and that he gets regulated on his Trilostane and Insulin. I have learned to take one day at a time when dealing with Mr. Wiggles illnesses; otherwise, I would be the crazy one. It can get a bit discouraging and expensive. Unless Dr. Ashworth is able to get his Cushing's under control, she will have a hard time getting the diabetes under control. Have a safe and Happy New Year! Kisses to all from Mr. Wiggles!

Hi Lora,

I'm sure there are a lot of people reading about the adorable Mr. Wiggles! I know a lot more people read than post. If you look on the forum page where all the diabetic pets are listed you can see how many times his thread has been visited. Although I think the count (views) can be a little wonky, it will at least let you know you're not talking to yourself ;) .

I'm sorry your brother is not more understanding, but most "nonpet" people don't get it. I had a diabetic cat and got the same kind of comments all the time. We know better though, don't we! Once you take on a pet it's "in sickness and in health." Diabetes can be very manageable, and even though Mr. Wiggles' case is complicated by Cushings, he can still live a happy life for many more years. I've had two cases since I've been volunteering for IMOM that also had Cushings, and they both lived several happy years after diagnosis to ripe old ages. One day at a time is a good strategy for now, and hopefully Mr Wiggles will stabilize to the point where you can take it a week, a month, or even a year at a time! I know Mr. Wiggles appreciates your efforts and will pay you back a million times over in love!

Please give him a big old New Year's kiss from me! I hope 2008 will be good to both of you.

Leslie,

Thank you for the encouraging words. It sounds like you have been in the same boat. Mr. Wiggles has already repaid me a million times over! I took him to the pet store yesterday, he loves to go because he gets lots of attention. He saw 2 kids when we were walking back to the car. It's a good thing I was holding on to his leash because he tried to go over to them. He loves kids more than any chihuahua I've ever seen. Most chihuahuas tend to be kind of nervous dogs, but not my Mr. Wiggles! He really is a great dog.

I don't know what it is about posting but often while I'm typing the cursor just disappears. Also I was wondering, what is the "quote" button for? I am new to forums and I have a lot to learn.

Leslie, where do you live? I'm writing from Newport News, Virginia.

I hope everyone had a safe and happy New Year. I can't believe it's 2008! Thanks to all who read about Mr. Wiggles. I will try to send some photos this weekend. I don't know how so I have to wait until my sons can help me. Mr. Wiggles sends his love and kisses to you all. Everyone here is so nice. It's really nice knowing people have been in similar circumstances and came through it.

Love & thanks to all!

Lora & Mr. Wiggles