Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Diana C.

Five Strays in need of help

653 posts in this topic

Wow that is great news Diana, I hope the fab 5 comes back, but that Shepard, he sounds like he would make a lovely pet. He reminds me of my friend Kim's dog Oscar who died back in October. Without a close up of the face they could be the same dog.

I'm hoping things will look up now that you have that link. It will give you more options to finding homes than just Paw Placement. I'm so glad you and that lady are working together too. Its great that you have help and I know we here have been supportive we couldn't really help other than look up websites, I'm just so happy I'm rambling on :biggrin:

Wow that is great news Diana, I hope the fab 5 comes back, but that Shepard, he sounds like he would make a lovely pet. He reminds me of my friend Kim's dog Oscar who died back in October. Without a close up of the face they could be the same dog.

I'm hoping things will look up now that you have that link. It will give you more options to finding homes than just Paw Placement. I'm so glad you and that lady are working together too. Its great that you have help and I know we here have been supportive we couldn't really help other than look up websites, I'm just so happy I'm rambling on :biggrin:

Deb unfortuantely I don't thinkthe Shepard would be a good pet, he has been on his own for way too long, even if I gained his trust he could never be confined to a house and would need a huge yard with other pets. Even when he did stay in the people's yard he jumped the gate whenever he wanted to get out. I am leaving shortly to go see them. I do believe the big black dog would make a great pet and I am so excited and hope to see him tonight because if he wants to be petted I AM GOING TO PET HIM.....

Thank you so much for your help, the link you gave me is PERFECT it listed all the rescues in AZ. Thanks again I hope I see them ALL tonight.

Oh Diana... free food and empty kennels... it doesn't get much better than this!!! :motimonkey: I'd love to be there when you allow the black dog to come up to you and give him some love :wub: It sounds like he's really been missing a gentle touch and some human companionship. Oh.. please write as soon as you can and let us know if you pet him. He might even follow you to your car and make life a little easier for himself (and you) right away. God Bless You Girl. I am sooooo excited.

Tons of :hugs: Love, Blessings & Lots of Wet Westie Nose Kisses

Don't give up on him yet Diana, Riley if he gets loose will run too, he just needs someone that can work with him and have a fence he can't get out of. My sisters dog would jump the fence too. My dad built a frame that bent in so he couldn't get over it. Where there is a will there is a way.

I hope you do get to pet the black dog and the Shepard too. One step at a time, your doing wonderful.

Keeping my fingers crossed and can't wait to find out what happens.

Cynthia

Hi everyone, well my fearful four was not around again tonight, I have not seen them since last Thursday, we had heavy rains on Friday and Saturday so I figured I would not see them then but now I am getting a little worried. They did eat the food, maybe they are coming back later at night.

I went to see the shepard and surprisely enough he was in the yard with the other dogs, I placed his fresh food/water/biscuit out and brought him a blanket, it looks as if he wanted to get over that fence and come to me more then he wanted to stay in the fence. I did not want to persuade him to jump over the fence so I just left everything there and said I will see you tomorrow.

I finally have names for them that feel right when I picture them along with their name:

Shepard = Charlie

Big Black dog = Bear

Black/White dog = Dolly or Gracie I have to see her again to see which name fits her best

Brown dog = Ceaser

and other black dog (I believe is a girl) = Lilly

Hopefully I will see them again and can start to call them by name.

Debs I would never give up on them, I know it will take some time with Charlie and don't want to trap him, until I gain his trust (like I did with Annabelle), I don't want any of them to be forced or trap like wild animals.

Edited by Diana C. IMOM

Those are lovely names Diana, I hope the Fearful 4 come back soon I know you worry about them and so do I. I'm glad Charlie was still there though and I know you will take your time like you did with Annabelle. I just meant as far as giving up on Charlie being adoptable that if the right owner is found he could make a wonderful pet and not try to get out.

Diana - have you ever tried contacting Sherriff Joe?

Jacki no I never even thought of it.. As of now I have 3 rescues willing to help me. Right now I need to be sure that the Fearful Four are still hanging around and if Bear comes to me like I think he will, he will be the first to go into rescue. I am concerned about Charlie and the other 3. If Charlie has been living on the streets for this long and I try to rescue him, I fear he will do everything to escape and what happens if he does and winds up worse off then if I just left him. The other 3 I think can adjust I just need to spend a little time and gain their trust. Even if I called Sherriff Joe, they will come out and try to trap them. I don't want to do that to them, not this way.

I don't think it will take me two months like it did with Annabelle, I just need to spend more time with them.

Charlie might calm down after he's neutered.

Are you any where near Sherriff Joe's shelter if the other rescues fall through?

I believe Sheriff Joe is in Phoenix. The fearful four was not there again tonight, but all their food was gone, I just think we keep missing each other. Charlie was in the yard again today but he ate all his food and slept in his new bed because I seen foot prints on it. But now the owner of the house is telling me she is trying to catch him and would like for him to be gone sooner then later and if she does catch him she may call AC. I dont' understand the sudden change in attitude, but this makes things harder because he will have to be trapped like a scared animal rather then becoming familiar with me, which I think he is already when he sees me he runs to the gate and I see his eyes light up and he is not barking at me but rather barking/howling. This women got me so mad tonight, on Sunday both her and her husband said he is not bother and if I could catch him that would be great just to let them know. And tonight she was totally rude. I gave her my number and said please if you catch him call me before you call AC because you know they will put him down and I would hope that is not what you would want.

I just don't understand why the sudden rush to get him out of there? maybe she doesn't want me there everyday but I am not on her property and I don't get her dogs wild up..

I got this article today about adopting stays and I wasn't sure where to put this article so I thought because you are dealing with strays it might be ok. Just for others interest. You are doing such a great job for these furkids. I can't imagine how you are feeling everytime you see them.

Cynthia

Training Abused and Neglected Animals

By Tracey Wilson

It never gets easier, listening to the heart-wrenching tales of animal abuse and neglect. Sadly, it seems that the abuse and neglect of animals is on the rise- or perhaps it's just being brought to our attention, because it is being reported more often; at least one can only hope that is the reason.

Our Judicial System is showing these cold-hearted criminals that Americans are not going to turn a blind-eye to this kind of horrid and cruel behavior, anymore. Animals are promptly taken away from the abuser. If they are not beyond the point of being helped: the animals are adopted out by caring, loving families who are able to meet the special needs that these animals so demand.

Then the impending job of retraining, or perhaps, training for the first time, begins. These special need animals need to learn to re-trust humans and not be intimidated and terrified around them, or other animals. Though the road may be long and hard: it will also be one of the most rewarding journeys you and your pet, will ever travel.

As with all forms of animal training - always use positive reinforcement. This can be in the form of treats, petting, play and/or positive attention. Never use punishment in training any animals - especially animals who have already learned to fear humans and will have a difficult time learning to re-trust.

Always make sure your pet can see and hear you clearly. In the beginning stages of training, it's best to have as least amount of distractions around, as possible. As training progresses, you can slowly add to the amount of distractions.

Never yell at your pet. Yelling at an abused animal, can throw him into a panic and set back days of training. He will most likely associate yelling with being hit or whatever form of abuse and/or neglect, he experienced.

For behaviors such as excessive barking, jumping on people, etc... Give a firm, "no", with an associated hand signal: lightly clapping, snapping fingers, etc...

When they learn to mind and follow commands, be sure to show them praise. Rewarding them with love and attention will make them associate minding with positive feedback.

You must be ready to have plenty of patience with your special needs pet. They will need extra TLC in everyday living, as well. They're going to need you to show them that they are valued, and it may take a while for them to understand that when they do, do something wrong - that it will not result in severe punishment. If you do not believe you have the patience required, then maybe an abused or neglected animal is not for you at this period in your life. That doesn't make you a bad person - actually it's the opposite - it means you thought more about the animal, then you did about yourself. There are many calm animals in shelters all across the country, which would love to have a new, loving master and a comfortable home to rest their body and quiet their mind.

========

This article has been submitted in affiliation with http://www.PetLovers.Com/ which is a site for Pets.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Tracey_Wilson

http://EzineArticles.com/?Training-Abused-and...

dIANA, Aren't there any GS rescues taht would help?? I can't imagine being a breed specific resuce group turning down a dog who needs help right? I understand that he may be "wild N crazy" but like Debs said, so is her Riley when given the opportunity.

I still hold faith that he wants to be loved and would calm down after a short trip to the vets and lots of TLC...

Hope you get to pet the black pup...

I sure do wish I could help too..but I think its great that you are slowly getting others' help and resuce organizations involved. One at a time, right? That is all you can do ;)

And Diana, thank you for caring and taking the time that others didn't want to give to these special five.

Oh, and the neighbor? She's just a B****...she doesn't stop to think that Charlie has feelings, he wants to be loved too. I know there is NO way that I would leave that dog out there for THREE years???!?!?!?!? Thats just cruel...she shouldn't have pets. Goodness only knows how she thinks when it comes to her own...

Hang in there...He works in mysterious ways and I know He has great plans for your fearsome five.

I just don't understand why the sudden rush to get him out of there? maybe she doesn't want me there everyday but I am not on her property and I don't get her dogs wild up..

Diana, I of course love the name you've chosen for the shepherd !! I might be biased though. I am sorry the lady doesn't seem as coperative as she did the last time you spoke with her :( Sometimes I just don't understand people! I haven't posted lately and just wanted to let you know I am reading and sending prayers for the fearful five all the time.

Just stopped in to check on the Fearful Five... hang in there Diana.. one day at a time... one bowl of food at a time.. one bowl of water at a time.. one pup at a time. (unfortunately.. everything takes time).

Love & Blessings,

Joanna

That woman should get a slap in the face. She's put up with him for 3 years why the change now. Grrrrr. Hang in there though Like Joanna says one bowl of food at a time, one bowl of water at a time and one pup at a time. I'm glad that link helped.

One thing and I know you may not agree with it but if it comes to one of your rescues getting Charlie or AC, I think it would be worth it with the trapping so the rescues get him. God knows if that woman is ticked for what ever reason she may not bother calling you. Just something to think about especially the way that woman is acting.

I seen my fearful four tonight, (1st time since last Thursday). But they are no longer my fearful four, only fearful one. The other black dog (Lilly) ran off when she seen me (I still don't know for sure if she is a she or he?.

Bear and Gracie were laying on the blanket I laid out for them last night. I walked over to them Bear starting wagging his tail and Gracie just laid there, as I got closer Ceaser must of been laying in the dirt got up and walk right over to me. Bear got so SKINNY just from last week, he had dried dirt on his paws and head and he must of hurt his back paw. My heart is breaking.... Ceaser had a cough but all in all he looked pretty good, he was wagging his tail, snooping the food bag, him and Bear took the cookie out of my hand and I walked over to Gracie and put the cookie on the blanket and she ate it(she does not look pregnant. When I opened the can of food they all got up and starting eating as I was putting the food in their bowls. I must of opened 5 cans and they ate it all. (Lilly-other black dog did not come out of the bushes, I am not sure if she is okay, if she is still limping on her front paw, she took off so fast when she heard me coming. I was able to pet them all, Ceaser did a little dance and even seemed to be in a playful mood. Bear was happy but he did not look good and neither did Gracie, she wasn't coughing but just seemed exhausted. I let her smell my hand and just petted her nose. I petted Bear's head, chin and back a little I did not want to make any fast moves. I brought out two more quilts so they all can be comfortable and warm.

I seen Charlie but he was still behind the fence, Chris said this morning he was in the field.I have not seen the women since Monday, but I just go to feed him and if he is in her yard I don't hang around because I don't want to get her dogs wind up.

I agree to have the rescue trap Charlie is better then AC, but the owners of the 4 dogs told me AC had a trap out there a while ago and he was too smart, so I don't think they can trap him and maybe she was just anger that day or she may have called AC again? I was hoping to gain his trust but if he is always in her yard all I can do is feed him (the food is gone everynight so he is getting out to eat it).

As far as the other four, I never know when they will be there and that makes it difficult to try and schedule a rescue. My husband drove by an hour before I did and he said they were not there, when I got there it was already getting dark. I stayed with them for 15 mins but had to leave when I could not see anymore. This is just so freakin sad, if I only knew when they will be there I can do something. I am going to call the rescues and talk with them and see if they have any ideas. I am also taking off on Monday and Tuesday to help my mom move so I can spend more time looking for them.

I seen my fearful four tonight, (1st time since last Thursday). But they are no longer my fearful four, only fearful one. The other black dog (Lilly) ran off when she seen me (I still don't know for sure if she is a she or he?.

Bear and Gracie were laying on the blanket I laid out for them last night. I walked over to them Bear starting wagging his tail and Gracie just laid there, as I got closer Ceaser must of been laying in the dirt got up and walk right over to me. Bear got so SKINNY just from last week, he had dried dirt on his paws and head and he must of hurt his back paw. My heart is breaking.... Ceaser had a cough but all in all he looked pretty good, he was wagging his tail, snooping the food bag, him and Bear took the cookie out of my hand and I walked over to Gracie and put the cookie on the blanket and she ate it(she does not look pregnant. When I opened the can of food they all got up and starting eating as I was putting the food in their bowls. I must of opened 5 cans and they ate it all. (Lilly-other black dog did not come out of the bushes, I am not sure if she is okay, if she is still limping on her front paw, she took off so fast when she heard me coming. I was able to pet them all, Ceaser did a little dance and even seemed to be in a playful mood. Bear was happy but he did not look good and neither did Gracie, she wasn't coughing but just seemed exhausted. I let her smell my hand and just petted her nose. I petted Bear's head, chin and back a little I did not want to make any fast moves. I brought out two more quilts so they all can be comfortable and warm.

I seen Charlie but he was still behind the fence, Chris said this morning he was in the field.I have not seen the women since Monday, but I just go to feed him and if he is in her yard I don't hang around because I don't want to get her dogs wind up.

I agree to have the rescue trap Charlie is better then AC, but the owners of the 4 dogs told me AC had a trap out there a while ago and he was too smart, so I don't think they can trap him and maybe she was just anger that day or she may have called AC again? I was hoping to gain his trust but if he is always in her yard all I can do is feed him (the food is gone everynight so he is getting out to eat it).

As far as the other four, I never know when they will be there and that makes it difficult to try and schedule a rescue. My husband drove by an hour before I did and he said they were not there, when I got there it was already getting dark. I stayed with them for 15 mins but had to leave when I could not see anymore. This is just so freakin sad, if I only knew when they will be there I can do something. I am going to call the rescues and talk with them and see if they have any ideas. I am also taking off on Monday and Tuesday to help my mom move so I can spend more time looking for them.

I read your thread about the dogs. You are great for doing that. I've spend quite a few hours meowing to try and get kittens to come out from under porches so I could grab them. I've been clawed, scratched, bit and every scar was worth it.

I have faith that you will rescue them. They know you are their friend. My daughters had 2 Newfoundlands totalling 300+ pounds follow them home while they were outside playing one day a few years ago. We drove the area for hours trying to find out if anyone knew who they belonged too, I knew they escaped from somewhere. While we were driving, one had his head on the top of my head from the back of the car and then became car sick and vomited all over the top of my head. I had dog puke dripping down my face and neck. It's still the biggest family joke. But I'd do it again to make them be safe. We finally did find people who knew them and we took them home, they had walked through a fence, they were so big.

Good Luck and I'll be praying you get them safely rescued.

Monique'

(Coqui's Mom)

Edited by Isadora3

Then the impending job of retraining, or perhaps, training for the first time, begins. These special need animals need to learn to re-trust humans and not be intimidated and terrified around them, or other animals. Though the road may be long and hard: it will also be one of the most rewarding journeys you and your pet, will ever travel. ========

Cynthia,the above is so true. To see my Angel and Annabelle now (especially Annabelle, she was so fearful of people, in the two months I was trying to gain her trust, there were many times I thought I would never gain her trust and figured she is gone for good. And now to see the love/sparkle in her eyes and to see how much reassurance she needs from us that she is also loved is one of the most rewarding journeys I will ever travel.... To see how far I have come with the three dogs, just 3 weeks ago they were running from me, now they are happy to see me, is one of the best feelings in the world. But to see them sick and knowing in my heart as hard as I try, I may not be able to save all of them is one of the hardest/saddest journeys that I may have to travel...

Thank you for sharing...

I left work an hour early to try to get to the dogs before the rain came in. I stopped by Charlie first (Shepard), he was hanging out with a black female dog that appears to have had pups recently, she had a rope around her neck and was dragging it. (Can you freakin believe people still tie their dogs up with Rope.) I was a little nervous but kept walking towards the tree where I have his blanket and dish bowls (they were gone, not sure if the wind blew them way or if someone got rid of them.) Both Charlie and the black dog followed me, she was starving and couldn't wait for me to rip open the bag, I did not want to attempt to grap her rope, I didn't trust her not to bite me. Charlie came very close to me but did not take the cookie out of my hand. I fed them and left.

I went to the open field and all four dogs were there laying around the bush on their blankets. As I walked up to them, Lilly was getting ready to run the other way but was looking at the other dogs to see what they were going to do. They ALL CAME UP TO ME, so she decided to come up to me as well. SHE IS A PUPPY, I don't know if she is the original black dog I seen with them originally. I never got close enough to the original black dog, but I would have known if she was a puppy, so this dog is yet another stray/lost dog. I started petting them, Bear was tucking his head under my arm. All of a sudden we hear kids talking loud and walking thru the field, the dogs got scared and ran to the end of the field. I looked to see where the dogs were and Lilly RAN across the street twice with heavy traffic. My heart was pounding so I started walking to the kids kind of yelling asking them to please not come closer, but kids said they live in the house next to the field and then one of them said one dog just ran across the street. I turned around and all the dogs were gone. I couldn't believe they did not get hit by a car, I did not hear any cars screech their tires. I was so scared and nervous, I figured the best thing for me to do was leave them before they got hit by a car, I was so close tonight.

As I am driving home my cell phone rings and it is Laura the women who owns the dogs that Charlie hangs out with. She was pretty nice and said she wanted to let me know she called AC today because when she walked to the mailbox the black dog growled at her. We talked and I stressed given enough time I felt I could have gained Charlies trust, she said she has seen how close he comes to me and she wouldn't mind him hanging around so much except that he howls at 2AM in the morning and keeps them up, not to mentioned that he has fathered so many pups in their area. I said it is not his fault he has not be neutered. I told her that I would come out tomorrow and on Sunday just in case AC shows up.

I hope my four will be okay tonight, it is going to rain all night and it is extremely windy.

Here is Lilly the fourth dogpost-25-1197078976_thumb.jpg

As I was typing I just received a call from a women named Terrie, she is with Arizona Animal Rescue, she said three out of the four dogs I have been feeding are the same dogs she trapped last year. To make a long story short, Ceaser brown chow mix, Bear big black lab and Lilly other black lab were owned by the same owner, they moved and left the dogs behind. Terrie gained their trust, took them to her home and a couple weeks later a women showed up claiming they were her dogs. Terrie offered to get them fixed and gave the women her number, women called a month later saying she does not want them, at this time Terrie was trying to get them into one of her rescues but they were full. She called the women back but number was disconnected. Terrie hasn't heard anything about the dogs until this evening when another rescue forward my email to her and she seen their picture.

So tonight's Lilly is not the original black dog that I seen a couple of weeks ago, Terrie said she is all black and has a limp. The dog I seen 3 weeks ago had the same limp. I don't know where she is now, or if she is still around.

So as of tonight Terrie said she is still trying to secure a place for them and if things do not work out with Paula (other rescue), hopefully she will have another place for them to go. They are all jumpers but as long as they are together she believes they would be okay. Terrie organization does spay/neuter for the pound and will spay/neuter them as well.

I truly hope that we all can come together and help all the dogs (which may be a total of 6 or 7, depending if the black dog with the rope is still hanging out with Charlie and if the original Lilly comes back).

Wish me luck, I will keep you all informed.

Edited by Diana C. IMOM

Geezzz Diana... what a roller coaster you've been on. My prayers are with you and those babies. How wonderful that they all came up to you... they know when someone loves them and cares about them.... not the same I could say for that #$&%$% woman who dumped them.. not once but twice :angry2: Maybe her husband will leave her out in an open field and make her find her way home someday.... Karma can be enlightening.

Love & Blessings & Lots of Wet Westie Nose Kisses

Joanna & Mike

It rained all night and just stopped. I went to check on the dogs, the four were not in the field, so I hung their blankets over the bushes, refreshed their food/water.

I went to see if Charlie was outside the people's yard. He was laying in the bush curled up with the black dog with the rope around her neck. She came right over to me, but he seemed extremely afraid of me today and would not come near me. I believe he hurt his back leg. The black dog was starving again. I didn't think she was going to still be there and did not bring a scissor to cut the freakin rope, but I will go back in an hour and cut it from her neck.

I am hoping that Paula calls me and meets me today, I think we probably could get the black dog (with the rope) to go into the trap, she is so hungry, ate the two burgers, dry and wet food.

Charlie stayed clear away from me today. This is becoming such a sad story for him and all the strays that are out there. There is too many in this area and the 5, 6 that I am trying to help is only the tip of the ice berg.

Here is the female dog

post-25-1197144147_thumb.jpgpost-25-1197144238_thumb.jpg

Okay here goes. Around 3PM I went back to the field in hopes of the blankets being dried so I can lay them back down. The dogs were not in the field (or at least I did not see them), I told my mom to wait by the car and I would just straighten up their beds and give them more food. As I am pulling the blankets off the bushes HERE THEY ALL COME RUNNING TO ME, they must of been hiding in the other bushes. They all greeted me with wagging tails and kisses it was so beautiful and touching. They ate the steak out of my hands and they weren't agressive with each other, hungry yes, but agressive no. I decided to give Paula a call to see if she still plans on meeting me, she said she is just coming back from Petsmart, she was there all day with her dogs that are up for adoption. Paula said she will meet me in one hour, so I decided to go check on Charlie and the Black dog, they were both laying together in the bush. I started to walk to the back of the lot to look for Charlie's blanket and food dish. This time I brought my scissors and was going to cut the rope of the dogs neck, but as I started walking towards them, Charlie and the black dog headed across the street. Something had to have happened between yesterday and today with Charlie because he is so scared of me now. Once I seen them walk across the street, I decided to leave. I go to Walmart buy more treats and some rawhide bones. Paula was coming to possibly take Lilly and Gracie because I think they both are about 6-8 months old. On my way back to the filed, Laura (owner of the house where Charlie hangs out) call and tells me she has the black dog in her garage and can I come get her. I call Paula and she said she will meet them there first. When I get to Laura's she is holding the rope and the dog is just walking with her, she seemed a little scared, when Paula arrives she said that the dog is pregnant and about to give birth in two weeks. Paula makes a few phone calls and no one is able to take a pregnant dog in. So Paula asked Laura if she would mind keeping the black dog over night and call Animal Control first thing in the morning, one of Paula's contact works for AC and will find someone to take the black dog. I wasn't too comfortable with this but I had no other choice. By the time Paula and I got back to the field, the four dogs were gone, guys were riding their quads thru the field and must of scared them away.

I called Laura and she said the Black dog is in her yard with her dogs and Charlie just jumped the fence so he is in her yard as well.

I just dont' know, all these rescues seem to want to help but are all full, I am not sure what is going to happen to these dogs. But I do know the more I am in the field the more people are going to catch wind that there are dogs living there. I pray that they don't try to hurt them or keep scaring them away. I moved their blankets and food to the other side of the bush to try and hide them as much as I can. These dogs trust me now and I am afraid I won't be able to help them, they aren't going to get in my car like Annabelle, I know I probably can catch the two younger ones, but once Bear and Ceaser sees me trap Gracie and Lilly they may become afraid of me again, there is no happy ending.

post-25-1197169180_thumb.jpgpost-25-1197169252_thumb.jpgpost-25-1197169288_thumb.jpg

Oh Diana, Im just catching up. I'm so happy that you got the black dog at least. I can't imagine what happened to Charlie, but someone did something to him. i hope you can get his trust back. My thoughts and prayers are with you on this, i hope you can get them all into a rescue that will be able to help them. Your doing your best and I love the pictures.

Today has been another emotional day. I started off by going to Wal-Mart and buying fresh baked Chicken for my strays. Called Laura to see if the black dog was still at her house and if she wanted me to bring some food over for her. She said she has been feeding the dog and she is still there, they are waiting for AC to pick her up. Charlie was back lying in the field, so I thought I would bring him some chicken after feeding my four. My four was not in the field but I left them some chicken and went over to Charlie's. As I am cutting up the chicken and Charlie is walking further away from me, a man comes up to me and asks; are you the one feeding the dogs, I said dog yes, he started going off with I am not helping the situation, Charlie and the black dog keeps everyone up all night and Charlie jumps his fence and poops in his yard etc. I said to him, how long are you living here, he said 2 & 1/2 years, I said how long has the Shepard been here, he said as long as I have been here. Then I started yelling back saying I am not keeping him here apparently he isn't going anywhere; I am only trying to help an innocent dog. We went back and forth and he said well as soon as you leave I am going to take the food away, just like I took the bed and other plates away, and trust me I am going to have to handle it myself. Well that is all I heard and the tears start flowing; I said I am hoping to gain his trust so I can get him into rescue, AC is already coming for the black dog she is in Laura's yard, what can I say, it isn't his fault that F..... people mistreated and dumped him. The guy calmed down and said his dog is also a stray that he found one morning half dead laying on his tracker and he understands but something has to been done about the Shepard. I said I am trying the best I can, please I beg you if you are going to do something drastic please don't let him suffer (I am still crying). He then said I had one week to get him out of there and I can leave the food.

As I am driving away I get a call from Tracy and she said that another rescue Carol is going to take the black pregnant dog, by the time I get back in touch with Laura, AC already picked the dog up. Carol said that is okay she just didn't want the dog to get kennel cough, but Janet who works for AC will get her in the morning. Laura told me that she has spoken with her neighbors and they are all asking me to stop coming by and feeding Charlie, they are going to try to catch him on their own.. (that means Charlie is going to be PTS by AC).

On my way back this afternoon I go to the field and I see my four getting ready to cross the street, all I seen was them all close together walking across the street, I put my head down and screamed to my mother, DID THEY MAKE IT ACROSS, they did. There are kids riding quads in the field again and scared them away. I drove my car across the street and headed on foot after the dogs, I finally seen them up against a fence.. I started calling out Bear Bear, all of a sudden I seen FIVE dogs running, I thought they were running away BUT they were running towards me and they all greeted me. (the 5th dog ran the other way, I think she is the original black dog Lilly that is terrified of people). Bear actually smiles when he sees me, he shows his teeth with a big smile (He is so special to me already). I feed them and decided this is a better place then the other field, so I drove back and took all their stuff and set it up in their home. The problem with this area is that it can be dangerous for me, I am much further in the desert and there are mobile homes, I am not sure if people are living in them or not, but they look pretty creepy. I may have to rethink where else I can move them, if they even stay there, they may go back to the open field. I think Gracie (Black/White Dog may be pregnant) I emailed Carol and ask her to please help me find immediate homes for Gracie and Lilly. Lilly is a puppy and can be tamed. Bear has a bad cut on his back leg and keeps picking it up. He was not hungry today, all he wanted to do was lay on his bed and for me to pet him, which I did. I gave them each a rawhide bone, the other dogs had no idea what to to with it, so Bear took them all and buried them.

Here are today's pictures, my heart is hurting so bad for Charlie and my four. I also pray that the pregnant black dog will be okay, Carol assured me that they are going to help her. I will try to get help for Charlie before anything happens to him.

post-25-1197250424_thumb.jpgpost-25-1197250335_thumb.jpgpost-25-1197250445_thumb.jpg

post-25-1197251573_thumb.jpghere is sweet Bear after he buried the bones

post-25-1197251424_thumb.jpg

I am wondering if Gracie is pregnant and that is why she is always so mellow and tired, I hope I can get her into rescue fast? The great news is that they are no longer coughing, I have been giving them plenty water to drink. I am hoping they don't have valley fever and the coughing was because they were not getting enough water to drink.

post-25-1197253777_thumb.jpg

post-25-1197250459_thumb.jpg

Edited by Diana C. IMOM