Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Juli IMOM

Shadow Girl APOPT Pet Rescue

79 posts in this topic

Yeah, Shadow Girl is doing well...and is in good hands at the vet office. We hope to send before an after pixs of her from this last surgery. We thank you for everything! Someday soon we hope this girl will have a normal life and can put the terrible start behind her.

Please check back tomorrow for more updates and hopefully new pixs too!

Hi Everyone,

Just to update we have spent $2,594.69 so far on our little Shadow Girl, not including today's surgery. She's worth every penny and we're grateful for all of your help. We hope she won't have to endure any more surgeries and can settle in and find her forever home. Please continue to spread the word!

Thanks again for your continued support. We're looking forward to more news tomorrow!

Lynne

A.D.O.P.T. Pet Rescue

www.adoptpetrescue.org

More great news :)

Shadow Girl is doing well. They are having only one problem right now and that is keeping her quiet! =) She wants to run around and play and not rest like the doctor has ordered. We will have more detail tomorrow on her condition and the results of the surgery.

Thanks for your continued support.

Erica

A.D.O.P.T. Pet Rescue Volunteer

Thank you all for your frequent updates on Shadow. It sounds like her surgery went well and she is recovering nicely. I haven't had a chance to follow up on her progress for several days and I am so glad to hear she is doing great!

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to update you on the funds we have raised so far for Shadow Girl....we have a grand total of $1,443! This includes a grant from United Animal Nations, lots of private donations, and a Tastefully Simple party hosted by one of our volunteers. This total does not include all of the generous funds everyone here at IMOM has contributed. We're getting there, slowly but surely. We're not giving up yet. We're hoping she will not need the second surgery. Please keep your fingers crossed and send a some wags and puppy smiles her way!

Thanks again for your continued support!

Lynne

A.D.O.P.T. Pet Rescue, Inc.

www.adoptpetrescue.org

:pp_animal_568:

Thursday update - Shadow Girl was released from the hospital yesterday (Wednesday) and came to stay at my house while her regular foster mom is out of town for a few days. She had a quiet night, and is doing very well. She seems much more content to be "home" than at the hospital and is behaving herself pretty well, is getting lots of rest, and takes her medicine like a trooper.

At today's bandage change, the vet said that the site was looking very good and was healing nicely so far. She will go back every day for a bandage change and check until Monday when the surgeon will examine her again.

Thank you for all your support for this sweet girl. It's amazing what all she has been through and how well she has come through it all.

I will try to get a cute picture of her posted showing her with peanut butter on her nose - taken at today's bandage change. =)

Tanya - ADOPT Pet Rescue Foster Coordinator

www.adoptpetrescue.org

Thursday update - Shadow Girl was released from the hospital yesterday (Wednesday) and came to stay at my house while her regular foster mom is out of town for a few days. She had a quiet night, and is doing very well. She seems much more content to be "home" than at the hospital and is behaving herself pretty well, is getting lots of rest, and takes her medicine like a trooper.

At today's bandage change, the vet said that the site was looking very good and was healing nicely so far. She will go back every day for a bandage change and check until Monday when the surgeon will examine her again.

Thank you for all your support for this sweet girl. It's amazing what all she has been through and how well she has come through it all.

I will try to get a cute picture of her posted showing her with peanut butter on her nose - taken at today's bandage change. =)

www.adoptpetrescue.org

[attachmentid=5089]

post-2320-1192753600_thumb.jpg

I love the photo, the flap looks great. This vet is a miracle worker. What a lucky dog to have so many people looking out for her. :catwatching:

Virginia

Wow, her skin flap really looks excellent. poor sweet thing. I love the peanut butter on her nose? LMAO

Mollie is so into peanut butter. That is how I get her pills down her, lol. Plus, she always has to lick the spoon when mommy is making herself a sandwich!

Take care, and I hope Shadow heals quickly and nicely!

:hugs:

Gail & Mollie

Edited by molliesmom

Friday update - Shadow Girl continues to do well and her skin flap looked pretty good today at bandage change. Will keep everyone posted each day.

Thanks!

www.adoptpetrescue.org

Saturday update - Shadow Girl went for her bandage change this morning and her surgery site is looking fairly well. The problem is trying to keep this 4 month old puppy quiet so she can heal. She is very tired of her crate and somehow managed to get a back toenail in one or two staples on the back of her neck and tear out them out during the night. So the vet has her on a sedative to try to keep her more quiet. Even too much tail wagging or wiggling is not good for her right now.

Eveyone please keep her in your thoughts and prayers that this will quiet her down enough now that she can finish healing properly.

One more bandage change tomorrow, then we meet with the surgeon again on Monday.

Will keep you posted..................

Tanya - ADOPT Pet Rescue

www.adoptpetrescue.org

Sunday update - Good morning. Shadow Girl had her bandage change this morning and it is looking pretty good today. She still has two spots that have torn a little bit apart - the one on her neck mentioned previously, and another on her side that was there yesterday also. They are not bigger though, and there are no new tears, so the sedative seems to be working to keep her much calmer.

Please continue to keep her in your thoughts and prayers. Tomorrow is the big day when we meet with the surgeon. Will keep everyone posted on her progress. She is such a sweet girl - I can't wait until all this is behind us and she can run and play and be a "normal" puppy again.

Tanya - ADOPT PET RESCUE

www.adoptpetrescue.org

I hope no further surgery is needed. This baby needs to get all healed up so she can be a normal pup running and playing :anidogfris:

Sunday update - Good morning. Shadow Girl had her bandage change this morning and it is looking pretty good today. She still has two spots that have torn a little bit apart - the one on her neck mentioned previously, and another on her side that was there yesterday also. They are not bigger though, and there are no new tears, so the sedative seems to be working to keep her much calmer.

Please continue to keep her in your thoughts and prayers. Tomorrow is the big day when we meet with the surgeon. Will keep everyone posted on her progress. She is such a sweet girl - I can't wait until all this is behind us and she can run and play and be a "normal" puppy again.

Tanya - ADOPT PET RESCUE

www.adoptpetrescue.org

Sending lots of postitive thoughts for the appointment with the surgeon tomm !! I hope that Shadow continues to heal and doesn't need more surgeries !!!

So hard to keep a puppy quiet. Hope that won't go on too much longer. Wishing you luck :luck: tomorrow. some more of Jack's special Husky hugs might help. :dogsled:

Love, Debbie and Jack

Hi all - thanks for your emails to Shadow Girl. She met with the surgeon yesterday - Monday October 22. The surgeon re-stapled the area on Shadow's neck that had torn open, and said that about 75% of her new skin is taking and healing nicely. The other 25% is still questionable or not taking. She has a large area on her belly that they cannot keep closed due to her moving around and stretching the skin in that area. She is such a wiggly puppy!

Part of that area also includes an elbow which bends and moves more also. One new problem we are having now though, is that Shadow seems to want to scratch herself with her back foot and therefore she tends to catch it in the staples on the back of her neck, or now she is also scratching the area on her elbow that is exposed. She greatly irritated the area on her elbow today and had to make a trip back to the vet's to get it bandaged better. We now have to put baby booties on her back feet to keep her from scratching at these areas and making it worse.

Overall though, the surgeon said that it is a pretty good success rate for this type of surgery. She wants to let the exposed area heal and granulate, then will decide if another surgery can be done with a much smaller skin flap to finish closing that smaller area.

In the meantime it is continued strict cage rest for Shadow Girl. Will continue to keep you updated as we go. Will try to get some more pictures of her to post as well.

Thanks for your prayers and good wishes -

www.adoptpetrescue.org

Hi all - thanks for your emails to Shadow Girl. She met with the surgeon yesterday - Monday October 22. The surgeon re-stapled the area on Shadow's neck that had torn open, and said that about 75% of her new skin is taking and healing nicely. The other 25% is still questionable or not taking. She has a large area on her belly that they cannot keep closed due to her moving around and stretching the skin in that area. She is such a wiggly puppy!

Part of that area also includes an elbow which bends and moves more also. One new problem we are having now though, is that Shadow seems to want to scratch herself with her back foot and therefore she tends to catch it in the staples on the back of her neck, or now she is also scratching the area on her elbow that is exposed. She greatly irritated the area on her elbow today and had to make a trip back to the vet's to get it bandaged better. We now have to put baby booties on her back feet to keep her from scratching at these areas and making it worse.

Overall though, the surgeon said that it is a pretty good success rate for this type of surgery. She wants to let the exposed area heal and granulate, then will decide if another surgery can be done with a much smaller skin flap to finish closing that smaller area.

In the meantime it is continued strict cage rest for Shadow Girl. Will continue to keep you updated as we go. Will try to get some more pictures of her to post as well.

Thanks for your prayers and good wishes -

www.adoptpetrescue.org

Wow dont know much about this thread but a puppy can be hard to keep still. I am having trouble keeping my baby still and she is 8! She thinks she is younger though which is fine with me. I hope Shadow does well cant wait to see her in happy endings...

Brandy & Audrey

Tuesday October 23 Update - Shadow Girl continues to improve each day, despite the few minor problems here and there. The biggest problem has been keeping her calm and still. She wants to run and play like normal puppies do at this age.

And she now wants to scratch places like the back of her neck where she has staples and her right elbow where the skin has pulled open. She has pulled the staples loose on the back of her neck several times now scratching with her hind foot. Because of this, she now has to wear baby socks to cover those back toe nails and we wrap her bandages higher so it looks like she is wearing a turtle neck! And because she is so wiggly, she has also pulled apart the bottom line of sutures that run under her belly and up to her elbow. The surgeon has decided to let that section on her belly go ahead and heal open. It will granulize and then they may attempt to do another skin flap surgery later to close it. She does looks SO much better though, and 75% of the area is healing very nicely. To cover her belly and elbow better, we have bought her some baby shirts to wear, and she looks SOOOOO cute! I will try to get some pictures of her all dressed up with no place to go. =)

Watch for more updates to come over the next few days. And watch for some new pictures too!

Thanks!

www.adoptpetrescue.org

Tanya,

You are so awesome at giving us updates about Shadow Girl. It sounds like she is doing great (thanks to your efforts as well as the vet's efforts) after her surgery. I am looking forward to seeing her photos. She is such a cutie.

:catwatching:

Virginia

Shadow is still doing pretty good. It's so hard to keep her quiet sometimes. She has her moments when her sedative just doesn't seem to be working and she wants to run and play. She is finally asleep for the night in her crate and looks so cute and innocent laying there.

She had her first HOME DONE bandage change today - it went pretty well but it's so hard to bandage her when she wiggles all over the place. We'll see how I did tomorrow when the surgeon looks at it. =)

I worry about the open place on her belly, but then I am also a worry-wart. Can't wait until this is all behind us and she is healed and healthy again and can be a "real" puppy. Watch for more updates tomorrow - will try to get pics tomorrow too, didn't make it today.

Many thanks to all of you who continue to check in on her progress.

Tanya - ADOPT Pet Rescue

(currently fostering Shadow Girl)

HI all - Shadow Girl continues to do pretty well, however the surgeon is concerned about the area on her elbow - watch for updates.

I took a few new pictures of her today - will send them to one of our volunteers to post - I never have any luck posting pictures - not sure if it's me or my computer. (LOL)

Tanya - ADOPT Pet Rescue

www.adoptpetrescue.org

Sign in to follow this